God of War

May 04

May 04

Killzone 2: Battle the Dev Team

Sebastian Downie's Avatar Posted by Producer, Guerrilla Games

Why hello there, Killzone fans! Glad you could make it!

Many of you have been asking when we would have a ‘Snipe the dev’ event again like we had with Killzone 1 and Killzone: Liberation, and let me tell you that time is NOW!

Killzone 2 Steel & Titanium Pack

Well, tomorrow anyway. Close enough. At 10:00AM Pacific on Tuesday, May 5 we are holding a “Guerrilla Warfare” event on the US servers to celebrate the release of our first DLC Pack: “Steel & Titanium,” and to generally kick some ass. I have assembled the most battle-hardened and skillful developers at Guerrilla Games to go onto the servers and take you through our two newest maps: “Wasteland Bullet” and “Vekta Cruiser,” now available on the Playstation Store.

The developers at Guerrilla Games will be hosting some “Official games,” which some of you will be able to join with passwords provided by the staff here at PlayStation.Blog. If you join those games, we’ll take you on a tour of the new levels, talk about their development and generally hang out. To receive the password and find out the room names, you’ll have to follow the PlayStation.Blog Twitter account: twitter.com/sonyplaystation. There will be plenty of Guerrillas roaming the servers too, picking fights and generally acting as target practice. Also, we will be holding a similar event on the EU servers very shortly after, so no need to all flood over.

So, to recap:

WHAT: Play two of the newest Killzone 2 maps online with Guerrilla Games.

WHEN: Games start at 10AM Pacific / 1PM Eastern tomorrow, May 5.

WHERE: “Official” Guerrilla-hosted Killzone 2 games (US only)

HOW: Check twitter.com/sonyplaystation at 9:30AM Pacific / 12:30PM Eastern for passwords to the official games.

So see you tomorrow, and if you see a [GG] tag in front of the name of a passing enemy, say hi to him before blowing his brains out and tea-bagging him. He’ll appreciate it more that way.

Seb “motherh” Downie

PS: Voting for the Golden Joysticks has opened and us being a bunch of attention-seeking media-whores, we always like to see our names in lights, so take a minute and vote for Killzone 2 for the ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year,’ Playstation GOTY, Soundtrack OTY and Ultimate GOTY here. Thanks a lot!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Maguss said:

May 4th, 2:46 pm

Sweet I can’t wait!!!!

Pound_lb003 said:

May 4th, 2:49 pm

Got mix and match for Sab, Soldier and Sniper.

Wanted Tactician ability.

But please listen, 4 air support kills in one round is RIDICULOUS. Please don’t make my unlocks based on luck. If I can’t control it, then it shouldn’t be a basis of a perk.

Thats why I gave up anyway.

ShadowTalyis said:

May 4th, 2:50 pm

Oh bummer I wish I could but tomorrow is my 25 Birthday yup Cinco De Mayo im gonna be a Quarter Century old are you guys going to hold another at a later date maybe with another map pack? Im gonna be busy tomorrow!

QCVic said:

May 4th, 2:52 pm

I’m pretty busy So I will have to shoot up the dev team the next time around ):

Slipping_halo said:

May 4th, 3:00 pm

but i might have to work……..hmm sick day eh? Is this going to be accessible to us Canadians?

JoE5005 said:

May 4th, 3:05 pm

That’s a couple of hours before I have to go to class, so I’ll definitely be able to play for a little bit. I’ll get up around 11:30 here in Dallas to get that password :D

katsuo7171 said:

May 4th, 3:07 pm

Aww bad time. Oh well, we can’t satisfy the need of everyone.

Also thanks again GG for really being interactive with the community. It seems that a lot of Developers, Insomniac and MM come to mind, are using the Blog as a great way to interact with the community.

smokey_vols said:

May 4th, 3:08 pm

Those devs don’t know what they are getting their selves into :)

WiiBien said:

May 4th, 3:10 pm

Any chance you’ll be giving away any map pack codes on twitter tomorrow, leading up to the event?

Raptors138 said:

May 4th, 3:12 pm

Can’t wait to play you Seb! And everyone else for the team!

Will you guys be playing after 1 pm? Most of us are at work/school.

Sebastian Downie's Avatar

Sebastian Downie said:

May 5th, 2:02 am

Well we\’ve only got those two hours booked in, otherwise it starts getting a little late over here in Amsterdam. I am sure a bunch will hang on for longer.

GamerMoney said:

May 4th, 3:15 pm

FYI people, central time is an hour before eastern. that being said, I’m read to killzown some devs lol mahahahaha

Darkos87 said:

May 4th, 3:18 pm

Sorry I voted for Little Big Planet for best soundtrack, but yeah killzone 2 FTW

Trioptical said:

May 4th, 3:23 pm

Awesome.

Twitter is like micro-blogs, right?

VvelvetEelvis said:

May 4th, 3:23 pm

gotta work during the day. couldnt have done this on a weekend?

KILLZONE79 said:

May 4th, 3:24 pm

have to work during the day too. start this event at 7pm centeral

depward said:

May 4th, 3:26 pm

Weird timing. Those of us that, you know, have to work during the week have no way of attending a 10pst / 1est gaming session.

Thanks anyway… I guess.

Sebastian Downie's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 4th, 3:35 pm

It\’s actually 8pm in the Netherlands, where Guerrilla is located. Thanks to them for staying at work well after \’quitting time.\’

MainEv3nt_69 said:

May 4th, 3:43 pm

Guerrilla Games should start twittering

K6U1R5D said:

May 4th, 3:45 pm

those maps are nice! but please GG fix the death delay it makes the online very unfair especially when your opponent is using a shotgun. it just results in lucky last second headshots that really start to get annoying.and IMO new weapons would greatly be appreciated for the next DLC along with more great maps.

Shqype said:

May 4th, 3:46 pm

This is good news. Good job promoting the new map pack by conditioning our ability to play with the devs on the purchase of Steel and Titanium ;)

I like the way you write, Seb (talking about “tea-bagging” and being “attention whores.” I like how you say it how you want and don’t alter the meaning of your words to be unnecessarily politically correct.

I voted for Killzone 2 in every category possible at the Golden Joysticks. Good luck!

Sebastian Downie's Avatar

Sebastian Downie said:

May 5th, 2:09 am

Haha, its actually heavily censored. The original was a heavily politicized rant on the state of the economy and the smell of cabbage. Riddled with nonsensical explanative and vitriol.

Jeff cleaned it up a lot and made it into something half understandable and publishable without various religious and animal protection groups getting upset.

Thrasher20 said:

May 4th, 3:49 pm

Aww… can’t. I have finals dext week so I have to study hard!!!

WINNERS_CIRCLE24 said:

May 4th, 3:50 pm

i would love to but i dont have think you can hook me up?

Pein7xy said:

May 4th, 3:52 pm

wow, thats sweet

pyosnka said:

May 4th, 3:53 pm

Speaking of the Killzone 2 soundtrack, any plans for a release?

Trey630 said:

May 4th, 3:59 pm

I will still be at school :( You guys are lucky, you would have got your butts kicked

ADR143 said:

May 4th, 4:00 pm

ill see u guys tomorrow…. heheh

jds07 said:

May 4th, 4:00 pm

Well looks like I won’t joining you tomorrow, because:
1. I didn’t download the 2 maps to begin with. My money is real tight right now.
2. I got to work tomorrow, and I’m not using sick time just to play video game. Especially when my job looking dangerous to employees (lay offs).

Andorski said:

May 4th, 4:18 pm

Perfect… my class schedule has me with Tuesdays and Thursdays off. I’ll definitely try to get in a game. Maybe I’ll annoy the Guerrilla devs with rocket boosters so they can get to fixing the Assault class. =P

Snuter said:

May 4th, 4:18 pm

Jeff watches Oprah?!

JuanDHexen said:

May 4th, 4:18 pm

Nice, hopefully they are not that good and I could maybe get a kill.

jipmg said:

May 4th, 4:28 pm

Jeff should play too, and kaz harai, so I can demonstrate how good I am =)

ClinToN said:

May 4th, 4:38 pm

Damn you Seb! 1pm. :P

TUSTIN1 said:

May 4th, 4:42 pm

Craparoni – I’ll be at work and I don’t do the twitter thing…

Dehshizknight said:

May 4th, 4:44 pm

Twitter is pretty useful. Actually, I was oblivious of its existence until the PS Blog. Then all of a sudden every freaken blog I visited got on Twitter so, thank you PS Blog! :p

Maze13 said:

May 4th, 4:46 pm

So will the map rotation just include the two new maps?

Sebastian Downie's Avatar

Sebastian Downie said:

May 5th, 2:11 am

For the official games yes, but there will be plenty of guys on the servers, free-playing too. But it is mostly about the DLC yes.

EliteEdge said:

May 4th, 4:47 pm

I will be in school when it starts but I am hoping it will last long enough for me to get on. That would be about 5PM EST.

DarkRyuCloud said:

May 4th, 4:55 pm

Already have the DLC, and the timing is bad I mean I have to work in the morning, and some probably have school, couldn’t they change it to another time like in the evening?

gamekoning said:

May 4th, 4:55 pm

omg this makes me really angry.why is everything only for US.jeff can u ask guerrilla that question.please man every event is US only it makes me angry you know let them do somting for the EU brothers they are from EU.

Sebastian Downie's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 4th, 6:00 pm

\”Also, we will be holding a similar event on the EU servers very shortly after, so no need to all flood over.\”

Carl-G said:

May 4th, 5:06 pm

Cool DLC it is ;P

+ I want to back-up my KillZone 2 save, but it won’t let me :-/ Any chance of changing that via a update please? They did it with MotorStorm 2 a few months back ;)

evildude683 said:

May 4th, 5:32 pm

Jeff, Im going to blow your brains out and tea-bagg you!!!!
LMFAO…JK
I hope you can Play man…it would be cool
See yall tomorrow

Tezasaurus said:

May 4th, 5:42 pm

I battle the dev team every time I play the last mission on Elite :(

NEJI64 said:

May 4th, 5:55 pm

aye what if we want to be a spectator

JoeDuke4 said:

May 4th, 6:51 pm

Awesome! GG and Killzone 2 are freakin the best!
off topic but, Jeff, do you know of any announcements for Motorstorm PR DLC, maybe at E3?

Martin_Keamy said:

May 4th, 6:59 pm

Aw, sounds fun! Unfortunately, I live in CA, and I’m stuck at work during that time. I love the new maps though! :)

jrivera0108 said:

May 4th, 7:04 pm

Cool. I’m on my weekend anyway, so I’ll def be there!

MidnightBlues said:

May 4th, 10:02 pm

Will there be moments like flying a helicopter full of my troops into a hot war zone and letting them off and as I try to take it down I am hit with an rpg causing a crash which I barely survive, now we are forced to engage in a full scale battle among the wreckage?

wouldugo said:

May 4th, 10:29 pm

Wow, this really sounds like a fantastic time. I would absolutely love to play with GG. Unfortunately, I have to work. I still really appreciate the gesture, and I hope you guys do this again some time. I hope everyone who is able to participate has a great time. Thanks, Sony and Guerrilla Games, for organizing this – it really shows your commitment to your fans!

Sebastian Downie's Avatar

Sebastian Downie said:

May 5th, 2:13 am

Well there are quite a few of us regularily. Just look out for the [GG] tag infront of the names.

alaM0000 said:

May 4th, 11:30 pm

SWEET!!!! =P

saunderswan said:

May 5th, 2:40 am

LOLZ Tea-Bagging him on the way past hahahahahahaha hahahaha hahahahaha

JesseHaysFL said:

May 5th, 3:41 am

c you guys in about 6 hours or so…. must be about 1 41 or so in iamsterdamm….god i miss that city…so nice. and good coffee.

JesseHaysFL said:

May 5th, 3:46 am

so wait you guys are checking the blog now wow i wish it was day time for me….ive got to get back to europe……quick question I hope Mr. Downie will answer…..When Im in amsterdamm again will I (or anyone else) be able to take a tour of GG? That would almost be as amazing as the nightwatch. or De Nachtwacht oh and im brushing up on my dutch is der youngen sprecht still mean the boy jumped?…..babysteps, babysteps…

Sebastian Downie's Avatar

Sebastian Downie said:

May 5th, 4:34 am

I think the most you can hope for is to wave at us and scream like a girl in excitement when we come out of work.

PAGE 1 2