Farpoint

May 08

May 08

Sack it to Me – “Spring To It” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

LBP Banner

Spring is in the air and we’ve got some fun stuff this Friday, and some hints on things to come.

LITTLE DAFT PUNK

Whether you dig Daft Punk or not, check out this great video and bob your head a bit to kick off the weekend.

LBP goes OUT OF THIS WORLD
Old school gamers might remember the 1991 classic “Out of this World.” LittleBigPlanet creator, “Hymanator” surely does. Whether you played the original or not, this is a great use of the LBP creator tools. Bravo!

LITTLEBIGPODCAST
Check out the latest by our friends Daniel and Austin who aren’t scared of Tornadoes…they just want to talk about trophy wars and run contests.

SACKBOY – “I AM THE LAW!”

About the internet buzz regarding Judge Dredd possibly enforcing justice in LittleBigPlanet…

LittleBigPlanet Sackboy poster

‘Nuff said. Details to come.

VIKINGS AND VALKYRIES UNITE!

LittleBigPlanet Add-On Norse Mythology banner

Yesterday, May 7th: Norse Mythology Mini-Pack: $2.99
Continuing our mythological theme, this pack contains Thor and Valkyrie costumes and Norse-themed stickers.

– Thor costume: Thor’s helmet, beard, belt and wristguards, legs, Thor’s Hammer
– Valkyrie costume: Valkyrie helmet and braids, Valkyrie jerkin and cape, Valkyrie boots
– 10 Norse-themed stickers

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Thrasher20 said:

May 8th, 3:37 pm

OMG What about a Out Of This World PSN release!?!?!??! I loved that game!!

dov3434 said:

May 8th, 3:44 pm

LOL that Little Daft Punk one is great, I was listening to the song at 1:38 just before I saw this

nuness1988 said:

May 8th, 3:47 pm

They really need to change the title of this article to “Why did I buy this again?”

wizeguy22 said:

May 8th, 3:57 pm

Judge Dredd Sackboy >:O .. Awesome!!!!!!!. Must have NOW!!!! plus the daft punk video was awesome, would like to see someone make a video using music from Justice or Pendulum.

QCVic said:

May 8th, 4:01 pm

…..Judge Dredd?….Alright We’ll see where this goes. Meanwhile, I do hope to see the most amazing FFVII LBP pack ever since it is taking so long. Unless you are waiting for FFVII Advent Children Complete to be released everywhere. Care to share what going on with that Mark?

sTaB_u_N_uR_i said:

May 8th, 4:03 pm

Nice levels, im dying to create some new levels but the blu-ray drive in my ps3 conked out. (waiting for my box to come in the mail)
When that sucker gets back im going to go on a little big rampage.I feel sorry for my poor wife, shes feeling the little big planet withdrawal hard.
to quote her, “greatest game ever created in the history of games”

snap.

jazzyrider said:

May 8th, 4:10 pm

Time to try some more new levels!

FULLGORR said:

May 8th, 4:17 pm

@ nuness1988

And you should change your name to “Nobody cares”. Seriously dude, don’t troll…

Conrad_Max said:

May 8th, 4:17 pm

Little Daft Punk was cool but the Out of tThis World Little Big Planet by Hymanator was fantastic. I’ll have to look up that one. I have the Out of This World. Classic!

angelcoma said:

May 8th, 4:19 pm

@3

You bought the game to play it and create levels, i’m tired of people around here whining in every update. STFU already.

Great videos, I think ill be making a level soon. Maybe one day I’ll get a video on the blog :)

RGS-14 said:

May 8th, 4:22 pm

A Ratchet $ Clank DLC Pack would be awesome.^ ^

jordan199311 said:

May 8th, 4:27 pm

I wish that fat kid wouldnt be in the podcast. The kid with the PDA or whatever it is is really good but that fat kid is just weighing him down, lol.

Anubis80 said:

May 8th, 4:53 pm

Come on Sackdredd!

dehumanizer_666 said:

May 8th, 5:09 pm

Thats Little Daft Punk video was cool.

commedieu said:

May 8th, 5:40 pm

how do you get away with little daft punk? without it being deleted?

Wafi24 said:

May 8th, 5:54 pm

So what is up with the judge sack thing and @ 12 was that pun intended lol

Wafi24 said:

May 8th, 5:55 pm

Looking forward to buying the norse pack

gema11981 said:

May 8th, 5:56 pm

That daft punk video was awesome thanks !

KoD7085 said:

May 8th, 6:00 pm

Little Daft Punk FTW!!!

Seriously cool, nice work.

mpnjdevil07 said:

May 8th, 6:20 pm

Dredd pack PLAYABLE? please i hope to see another MGS kind of package, loved the MGS levels, i havent played the game in a while but if you get a playable package ill defenitely will buy it

Zookey said:

May 8th, 6:56 pm

Please PLEASE PLEASE make sure that, when you finally do FF7, it is a level pack like MGS, not just costumes and stickers!

CRONIC_GAMER said:

May 8th, 8:12 pm

He’ll yeah I love the fact that these LBP music videos make it to the blog page with so much time playing LBP I haven’t found the time to play anything else but just curiouse when will the play create share options be open and what do they do? It’s driving me nuts do you think that any if the videos are worthy of a Crown?

CloudStorm87 said:

May 8th, 8:17 pm

Great music video. LBP & Daft Punk rock!

I never knew about the LittleBigPodcast. I actually watched all of it even though they are just kids. The contest sounds good. I might participate. In fact, it gave me a cool idea to make an LBP video based on an already popular Youtube, which I’m not gonna reveal now. I will try to work on it after my exams. :)

CloudStorm87 said:

May 8th, 8:18 pm

* meant to say Youtube video

Jeigh said:

May 8th, 8:37 pm

Huh. The creative juices really do fly for some people with this game. That music video is pretty cool.

LRGKING said:

May 8th, 9:22 pm

The Daft punk video was really awesome!!
I saw it earlier this week and made me get on iTunes and play all my Daft Punk songs!!!

SageJiraiya said:

May 8th, 10:32 pm

The Daft Punk video is SICK!!!

I’m also a big fan of LittleBigPodcast,and the tornado episode was awesome!

I want to take part in the contest, but unfortunately I live in Vancouver… :( there is nothing Famous here…

SolidusDave said:

May 9th, 12:12 am

You should check out the other video of that daft punk guy, it’s even better:

Darkos87 said:

May 9th, 1:00 am

28.05.09 – Judge Dread LBP pack… awesome

alaM0000 said:

May 9th, 1:57 am

LITTLE DAFT PUNK AWSOME!!!!!! :D

Ti_dus said:

May 9th, 2:12 am

Where are next level packs like MGS one? :///

Carl-G said:

May 9th, 2:58 am

Do a ‘KillZone 2’ LBP Level pack PLEASE ;P Like the MGS(4) one ;)

Alucard1431 said:

May 9th, 3:20 am

Hymantor good work, and all of u should check my “Another World” level in LBP which i did and uploaded few months ago, is just a demo (25h hard work ;)but u will like it. My profile “Alucard1431” and LBP level “Another World – demo”

Kenshin71 said:

May 9th, 3:28 am

Logged onto LBP after a long break and I can’t believe that months after the game was released the Play Create Share counters still don’t work! What is the ETA for them to be fixed?

MazzingerZ said:

May 9th, 4:10 am

I recall it was called ‘Another World’…
good times!

Dark_Vincent said:

May 9th, 7:03 am

LBP + Daft Punk was one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen related to LBP!!! Daft Punk should make a music/video based on LBP hehe

Daimomaru said:

May 9th, 8:08 am

Oh man…-__- the Judge Dredd stuff is just stikers and costumes again (so it’s written in the small letters of the flyer)…. Please give us more levels like in the MGS4 pack, If you didn’t notice it was the #1 DLC in PSN for a while, we just want to give you our money for some level packs…lol!

TeaCrazer said:

May 9th, 9:26 am

Nice video! Your little daft punk is tight!!

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

May 9th, 9:35 am

the costumes are awesome but I haven’t bought any cause I think $2 is too much to ask for a costume. 4 costumes for that price would be great.

KatanaStrikes said:

May 9th, 9:54 am

Can we have an idea of when we can buy the plush wollen Sackboys that were kindly given away on the UK Youtube LBP channel?

I won one myself (they are awesome) but want to buy one for someone.

Thanks!

cell989 said:

May 9th, 9:56 am

I got the norse mythology pack last night, its awesome.

Morisato06 said:

May 9th, 10:57 am

Costumes are awesome, and stickers are useful for levels… but just that alone won’t extend the life of the game.

I’ve been waiting for some new gameplay mechanics, and tools/objects/hazards to play with (like the creator pack! that was awesome XD)

When the MGS pack came out, that added alot! And really made alot more things possible XD Those are the updates i really REALLY look forward to :)

Ice hazard, and Water FTW!!!!

SeanScythe said:

May 9th, 11:08 am

Can someone please fix the game? Since the lastest update, I have started building new levels and the game locks up and even if I’ve save the level on different craters of the moon it wipes them clean. At first it would just currupt the level and not let me edit or publish but now it wipes it and then it removes anything I recently stored in the popit. I can save the level and if the game freezes up after I reload the game the levels are gone. My older levels are working it’s just anything new I try to make.

Jon_Mclane said:

May 9th, 1:20 pm

did I miss something? last I heard Judge Dredd hasn’t been relevant in ages, did I not hear about a comeback? unless it’s a level pack I’m not interested

mckg123456789 said:

May 9th, 3:28 pm

COOL levels and the littlebigpodcast is a nice touch lol ill go on lbp and check those lvls out they look verry cool thx MM !! :D

AnimatorAR said:

May 9th, 9:19 pm

Watch my funny LBP vidoe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5veaBk1g-mQ
Enjoy

Fomie said:

May 9th, 10:58 pm

omg Lil Big Daft Punk is funny lol

darthlego said:

May 10th, 4:45 am

@43

It does that because you have too much community content. Try to delete all the stickers and community objects that you don’t want and then save.

Phospho said:

May 10th, 11:26 pm

I am the biggest Daft Punk fan by far and that video was absolutely amazing. They did the pyramid and effects so well, its shocking. By far one of the coolest videos I have ever seen and can relate to.

HawkEyes1 said:

May 19th, 9:32 am

Nice work on Out Of This World LBP I remember that game on the SNES 1991! And cheers for Daft Punk been a fan since 1992! Only Old Schoolers need to reply..I would like to see in the future that we can play our music anytime we want in LBP I mean seriously why not Sony!..because its dumb that you would even consider only letting us able to play our music in the PAD Zzzz..Come on SCEA give us more options in LBP..And where is the Create mode patch with your friends..I can’t get that Trophy without SCEA & Media Moncule..

PAGE 1 2