Knack 2

May 12

May 12

inFAMOUS – Your Questions Answered (#2)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Clearly, you’re excited about inFAMOUS. The reaction to yesterday’s Sucker Punch Q&A has been quite good, and there’s more where that came from. In today’s interview, Sucker Punch co-founder and Development Director Chris Zimmerman talks game length, amount of missions, and why you should bother to explore the living city they’ve created.

If, even after two days of Q&As, you *still* have questions about inFAMOUS… that’s OK. We’re working on setting up a time for the devs at Sucker Punch to join us for a live chat. Stay tuned for details.

Add Your Own

alhomaidah said:

May 13th, 3:22 am

game look very solid and very fun!
must get this ASAP.

AxCrege said:

May 13th, 3:30 am

first day buy TOTALLY FOR inFAMOUS,FOR SUCKER PUNCH AND ALSO FOR THE UNCHARTED 2 BETA CODE(lol XD)

TopherTide said:

May 13th, 3:31 am

@100

If you pre-order at GameStop you get a demo code, we are getting them really slowly and only one at a time for now, but it’s my understanding that a public demo is going to be released the Thursday before the release when the PSN gets updated…..Nevermind, I saw you said that already lol.

AnthonyDa1nOnli said:

May 13th, 4:53 am

Hey Jeff first time commenting on the blog but i have to ask this question… Is there any chance of demons souls coming to the U.S.? Because the game looks amazing and i am about to import it but it’s very pricey.. Please tell to save my money becasue it’s coming over here… thanks

XgargunoX said:

May 13th, 5:03 am

what questions are you going to ask them next?

andy-HC said:

May 13th, 5:21 am

Just pre-ordered the european special edition of the game.. It looks so cool. Can’t wait.

Obstruct said:

May 13th, 6:01 am

I just got the Pre Release Demo a couple of days ago and it is awesome. For those who have the demo, I noticed that you can recharge yourself by using the unlimited bolt(R1) on a metal object and absorb it (L2). Blast it multiple time for a ful recharge. Little hint, not sure if you are supposed to do that.

bigdaddyjane said:

May 13th, 6:30 am

IS THEIR CO-OP OR MULTIPLAYER?

IIIKAGEIII said:

May 13th, 6:40 am

i have heard some good things from reviews… ign 9.2 sounds good.
i wasn’t even aware that there was a platforming element. nice mixture imo.. its like a next gen gta genre.

mixedkidbx said:

May 13th, 6:45 am

oh yeah another good question here!!

i noticed in the demo that there seem to be reapers every now and then. in the actual game will there be a ton more reapers that you will be fighting? it just seemed like there should have been more reapers to fight and give you a challange. im just hoping the amount of reapers was low cuz of the demo.

second question would be is hard gonna be harder in the game, then it was in the demo? OR, did hard in the demo seem kinda easy cuz there wasn’t a ton of reapers attacking like there would be in the actual game?

answer these questions :P

Sindred said:

May 13th, 6:46 am

Will we be getting demo tomorrow (5/14) on PSN :D ?

crXss said:

May 13th, 7:27 am

hilarious end comment, “Buy inFAMOUS!” lol. i will definitely first day buy since i need a new game… as long as Sucker-Punch stays loyal to Sony haha

Violater said:

May 13th, 7:44 am

Jeff what is the situation with preordering/purchasing from a specific retailer and exclusive DLC?

red5ive said:

May 13th, 7:57 am

Heheh, “Buy inFamous!”

.. “OKAY!”

J4rden_ said:

May 13th, 8:01 am

Hey.
Anyone knows if the Infamous will be a multilanguage game (like Killzone 2)??
I’m asking couse in my country the game will be released in full Polish version witch sucks if there will be no way to change the language:/

Def-yusuf said:

May 13th, 8:14 am

Post_Script said:

May 13th, 8:17 am

@23 – I was wondering that as well; you wouldn’t believe the amount of replay I’ve gotten out of games like Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row simply because they let you keep playing afterwards.

He mentioned in that second video that you can rid the city of enemies, too. Hopefully there’s some way to make them respawn, like in Crackdown. Fun as it was, one of my biggest problems with GTA: San Andreas (IIRC) was the lack of rival gangs once you “beat” the game; it was fun to get into a sudden firefight when you happen to pass through someone else’s turf and I rather missed it.

ShadowTalyis said:

May 13th, 9:18 am

this is a bit off topic but you guys should promote Cross Edge a little. NIS America has been good to you Sony and us Sony fans. You should put the upcoming RPGS out there and show a pick of it on this site or ,show some NIPPON ICHI love.

zombie9 said:

May 13th, 9:23 am

13 day’s to go!! and I’m so busy playing other games. I did not even know there was a demo. Looks like I be playing PS3 for a long time!!!! :)

SKELLY7 said:

May 13th, 9:57 am

I’ll buy inFamous day 1 just because the game looks so damn good and those guys and girls over at Sucker Punch are just so cool.

almighty-slayer said:

May 13th, 10:18 am

Thanks for getting even more questions answered Jeffy.

And don’t worry Chris, we will buy it ;)

GratefulSound said:

May 13th, 10:23 am

Man, I really want this game but I have bills to pay… bummer. Well, I guess I have to trade in a couple of my games to get this

BigPoppaB said:

May 13th, 10:43 am

Alright… That’s enough about Infamous.

I am sold.

alexdelangel13 said:

May 13th, 10:49 am

to HouseMorton,

YOUR A DUMB@$$

Venias said:

May 13th, 11:31 am

inFamous is just looking better every single time I hear more info about it. One of the best PS3 exclusives ever I’m sure of it.

AlexC224 said:

May 13th, 11:34 am

Will there be trophies in the game InFamous?

edgefusion said:

May 13th, 12:01 pm

So, Jeff Rubenstein, you are officially the most attractive gaming personality (next to Cliffy B) as rated by me.

MOAR Rubenstein videos!

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

May 13th, 12:09 pm

Jeff,

Please can you let me know if this game supports XMB Custom Music?

Or can anyone with the demo let me know?

Please…

LihimSidhe said:

May 13th, 1:00 pm

I also want to know if there will be Custom Soundtracks in this game. I’m really at the point where I think I’d be willing to put up with the RRoD for the 360 just to have this feature.

Like what is so hard about this? I know Microsoft has a patent on Sony implementing it universally but can’t they mandate that developers put it in? How much does it cost? What’s are the technical reasons?

LihimSidhe said:

May 13th, 1:02 pm

And if I can’t be answered here, WHO can I ask to get to the bottom of this? I mean I like my PS3 but Custom Soundtracks are something I really value. I spent 30 bux on cables to play music from my PSP through the same speakers as my PS3 to no avail.

Who can I speak to???????

kingmuscle said:

May 13th, 1:57 pm

ohhhhh SNAP!!!! I FINALLY GOT MY QUESTION ANSWERD. THANKS JEFF. AND PS BLOG

blackflame91693 said:

May 13th, 1:58 pm

Hey jeff, did they give any further details about the demo? great interview btw.

sun-ga89 said:

May 13th, 2:00 pm

can u be like fully evil or fully good through out the game

eckoman1 said:

May 13th, 3:07 pm

What about trophies?

Funnyguy194 said:

May 13th, 3:12 pm

Does anyone wonder if there is any replay value for this game other than just playing it over and over again?

MuffimMan said:

May 13th, 3:32 pm

Sounds pretty sweet
Two things:
1) Any news on a special edition?
2) I’ve seen the protagonist(I’m at a loss for his name right now) in many different colored versions of the same outfit. Are these buyable as armor, do they correspond to your disposition, do they correspond to your powers, am I imagining things, or is it something entirely different?

Ivan- said:

May 13th, 4:05 pm

I already pre-order this game from GameStop waiting to get the demo from the PSN since GameSpot doesn’t have anymore. I hope in the near future they add multi-player like they doing to UNCHARTED2: Among Thieves. Also i would love more gold trophies just 1 kind of sucks.

Add Me My PLAYSTATION Network ID: Ivan-

nj_s1000 said:

May 13th, 4:18 pm

InFAMOUS is a day 1 buy. Jeff will we see home unlockables ie(Cole action figure, jacket,etc..) by any chance that you know of? Thanks

AdoAJ said:

May 13th, 5:03 pm

Sweet…demo’s awesome!

sterster2 said:

May 13th, 5:58 pm

is it possible to re send my demo code rom gamestop they said they would like a month ago. but never happend is it in our power to re send it to me?

DustyBlue said:

May 13th, 6:55 pm

Lol what a funny guy… “BUY inFAMOUS!”

Thanks for the interview!

PIRATKOPIA said:

May 13th, 7:27 pm

I have a question : Is those electrical flashes dynamic or scripted. Because those flashes looks really living.

cfcj12 said:

May 13th, 8:12 pm

i like the guy they interviewed he was funny lol BUY INFAMOUS and i have alredy pre-order

carl1994 said:

May 13th, 10:36 pm

so, if you start the game allover again after you finished the game, you will not retain your powers?i really wanted the game to have that and i’m really dissapointed, but still…. i’ll buy the game because it looks really great!!!…

d1d1j said:

May 14th, 2:41 am

Can’t wait to play it! However I have a question for Jeff. My question is after beating the story line do you continue to run around the city for freedom and exploration, like in games such as gta or spiderman 2,3? Or does the end mean that if you wish ro explore the city you must start a new game and try to find all of the collectables during the story? Thank You.

themacstewie said:

May 14th, 5:39 am

jeff, it’s funny u actually respond to some of these people :D

it took a long time for sony to understand the Internet, i personally think this blog is better than anything Microsoft has to offer.

KyuubiTora said:

May 14th, 5:53 pm

Lol, I’m way ahead of yah Chris XD. I pre-ordered the game a few weeks back. I can’t WAIT till it comes out! I was also hoping that they’ll put a hard mode in, so that’ll add more replay value. Sweet!

SlowUrRole said:

May 16th, 4:36 am

please release the demo now instead of the 21st im dying to play this game i already reserved it and i can’t wait until the 26th.
or give me a code. :)

flashboy12 said:

May 16th, 12:38 pm

This game is gonna be freakin awesome! I want to ask this, If you preorder Infamous at Gamestop will the multiplayer voucher will be in the game case? By.

flashboy12 said:

May 16th, 12:42 pm

Sorry, about the misworded question i typed in. I meant to say ” If you preordered Infamous would the multiplayer voucher be inside the game case? By.