Horizon Zero Dawn

PS3 Firmware (v2.76) Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 14

TakiFuGu said:

May 13th, 8:52 pm

I’m starting to believe that the PS3 cant do some stuff. For example: Cross game voice chat!

cnn93 said:

May 13th, 8:53 pm

does this mean bad company wont freaze EVERY time?

phinnv8 said:

May 13th, 8:54 pm

Wonderful job Sony. I can’t download the stupid f-ing update on my PS3 it just errors, and I can’t download it on your stupid site because all it has is 2.70, so now I can’t play games online tonight. Thanks a ton with another garbage firmware update

aakashbest said:

May 13th, 8:59 pm

I want an update for Ps3 so that we can do our work as well as play. i mean can’t we have something like XP. Sony corporation should make its own window where all softwares can run. if it is not possible then atleast there should be an update which allow us to open word documents and all. I always wish to store my important documents somewhere safe but on ps3 there is no option to save this format.!!!!! Sony corporation should look into the matter…

Akash
INDIA

jameskukuk said:

May 13th, 9:00 pm

These small updates are nice and all, but why can’t Sony just fix all the backward compatibility issues? (The lackluster PS1 support and the nonexistent PS2 support.)

Farhad91 said:

May 13th, 9:01 pm

aahhh

ok DivX 7 support woud be awesome Eric please give us that atleast

ImMetch said:

May 13th, 9:01 pm

This is lame. I came home from work ready to play Socom and this system update appears. It goes about half-way then I get booted. I’ve been trying to DL since 8:30 pm EST. It’s midnight and I still haven’t been able to DL it and I can’t go online to play Madden or anything….WTF?

HouseMorton said:

May 13th, 9:03 pm

Yay, another update with no changelog. C’mon guys, full change log… every time. It makes people so much less frustrated.

SaGeReCon said:

May 13th, 9:05 pm

Cross chat would be nice.. but maybe after E3. I would like to see a custom Avatar option. so at lease let you upload your own.

tubasteve said:

May 13th, 9:06 pm

PS2 SOFTWARE EMULATION PLEASE!! Hell, I’d pay $40 or $50 to add it, but we shouldn’t have to. The system would sell better with this included in every SKU anyway.

IWGP123 said:

May 13th, 9:06 pm

Yeah, Maybe the PS3 just cannot play music while in-game or cross-game chat. Too bad.

Thanks for this update though.

DragonNutz said:

May 13th, 9:07 pm

This is kind of a late response, then I’m done with this thread…

RevolutionBlues – I also saw no point in the photo application, but I know a lot of people actually use Life with Playstation. I’m currently ranked at 91,876 out of 1,234,513 so that tells you roughly about how many individuals are taking part. Also, if anyone would like to contribute to my Carcinoid cancer team it’s 164414. Thanks

smokiemcdougle – Actually, many people forked over more cash for the PS3 opposed to the 360 because of promised features by Sony that we have yet to see. It’s not immature or child-like to rant and complain when there’s a real reason behind it. Some features Sony promised at launch or soon after were features that we have not gotten yet, therefore it is very understandable that people are upset.

ImMetch said:

May 13th, 9:08 pm

Anybody else having trouble signing on to the Playstation network and going online because of this Update??? Any suggestions, I can’t be up too much longer messing with this. Is there any way around this? I’m trying to go online……

BlooodyCow said:

May 13th, 9:11 pm

ERIC LEMPEL
– Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)
– Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game
– Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)
– symbols and numbers that show friends online and new messages on the XMB and beside message box
– Auto Sync Trophies
– More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)
– Report feature to report issues and stuff
– Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles
– When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there
– More Avatars
– XMB for movies, browser and PS2

I MIGHT AS WELL JOIN IN

dARkoOorEAlm said:

May 13th, 9:15 pm

When pressing the PS button, you get the battery icon over the time. Move the battery icon somewhere else! ;)

LIFEFORHIRE said:

May 13th, 9:20 pm

My Update is not Working i keep getting Error Number (80710723) what should I do?

KSPRAYDAD said:

May 13th, 9:20 pm

@279….

Yep…I paid $100 extra for it by supporting the PS3 early…now you want it for $40?!

payroll138 said:

May 13th, 9:20 pm

could you guys please add some new avatars please

payroll138 said:

May 13th, 9:21 pm

please add some more avatars

TUSTIN1 said:

May 13th, 9:22 pm

ERIC LEMPEL
– Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)
– Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game
– Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)
– Auto Sync Trophies
– More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)
– Report feature to report issues and stuff
– Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles
– When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there
– More Avatars
– XMB for movies, browser and PS2
The Profile Concept: http:*//i44.tinypic.*com/auwgte.jpg
Read more : http:*//boardsus.playstation.*com/playstation/board/message?board
.id=ps3updates&thread.id=62394
NOTE REMOVE THE ASTERIKS IN THE LINK (*)

ImMetch said:

May 13th, 9:25 pm

@LIFEFORHIRE, I’ve been getting that same error all night. I’m trying to find out a solution also. I couldn’t go on since 8:30pm EST. It wouldn’t have been too bad if they had it on the PS site for Download. But the only update is 2.70. This is wack!

Jeigh said:

May 13th, 9:25 pm

I really wouldn’t care about the fact that this update has basically nothing to offer if it weren’t for the fact that with every update, I’m gambling my hard drive. Since the very early days, I’ve heard of people’s files getting messed up, but until recently I’d never experienced it. With such an issue now very real for me, pointless updates will always receive my harshest criticism.

Time to make this minor crap optional until a truly significant update comes along so that it can be packaged with that.

rainMaker347 said:

May 13th, 9:26 pm

if developing the cross game voice chat is expensive or the 360 patent problem is making it difficult to implement, use skype. Its free and we can communicate with anyone with the skype software. Will be much better than xbox live. Don’t have to be unique with the features. You just have to be better.

“We look forward to your feedback.”
Eric Lempel (FW 2.7 Walkthrough)

Everyone of us hope so…

doug2009 said:

May 13th, 9:27 pm

THANKS i really needed this my connection was good but somehow i coudnt get onto the ps network and now it works great

LIFEFORHIRE said:

May 13th, 9:27 pm

Yea the Last Major Update my system Wrecked but Support was easy to handle and sent me a new one and I have been at this update for a few hours now…and i was just curious if it was me…Tiring stuff i tell you…

ImMetch said:

May 13th, 9:28 pm

Minor update? I’m pissed. I’ve been trying to get on for 4 hours. This is F-ing wack.

LIFEFORHIRE said:

May 13th, 9:28 pm

so doug did yours complete?

zyxses said:

May 13th, 9:28 pm

For the love of God, just update and fix the browser. My Nintendo DSi has BETTER overal website compatibility! Try accessing YouTube mail or settings with the PS3 browser – you cant!

SebastianF said:

May 13th, 9:29 pm

This download fails at some point every time. ..with no update I can’t sign in and play online. They don’t even have the latest update on the PS3 site so I can use storage media to update. These minor updates should not be forced on us to sign in. What a joke.

LIFEFORHIRE said:

May 13th, 9:29 pm

I have been at it for about 4 hours Also,…I am a bit on the angry side they better fix this and my system better not get messed up again..

Jeigh said:

May 13th, 9:30 pm

@286

Completely agreed. If they wanted the feature, they should’ve jumped on when they had the chance. The true supporters actually got the upper-hand for once and those who sat on the bench did so to their own detriment. Certainly not something 360 owners can say.

LIFEFORHIRE said:

May 13th, 9:31 pm

Yea this is kinda a load of bull they should test this stuff b4 sending it out…

TakiFuGu said:

May 13th, 9:32 pm

This is one of the most important features that you guys need to add to PSN.

– Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)

It’s a total pain in butt see how every single game invite/join are different. I play with friends and family. Every new game is total chaos figuring out how to join each others game. We need a unified system.

LIFEFORHIRE said:

May 13th, 9:33 pm

@302 I Totally agree I hat going and trying to figure out how to join especially with ppl with limited time like my brother in the Army…

ImMetch said:

May 13th, 9:33 pm

Why is it that my cousin hasn’t been on since the last time I was on and it didn’t require him to update his system. He’s online playing Socom right now. Was it just for some PS3 systems and not all of them??

tosun01 said:

May 13th, 9:34 pm

Nothing could be more annoying in the world thann getting home, after a hard day work, hoping to play some videogame peacefully, starting the ps3 and bang…. another useless firmware update.
Come on guys, gather all these minor fixes into one real package before releasing. It suckes having to update every week just for nothing.

LIFEFORHIRE said:

May 13th, 9:35 pm

@ 304
It is still bull how we have to sit here and wait for them to fix this it should work the first time or not put it up at all

bob4900 said:

May 13th, 9:36 pm

bring in music in the background with game play

KSPRAYDAD said:

May 13th, 9:36 pm

@305 last update was 6 weeks ago.

LIFEFORHIRE said:

May 13th, 9:38 pm

@308
Does it really matter when the last update was..this one should still work the first time for everyone.

SebastianF said:

May 13th, 9:39 pm

I see ps3news.com has the 2.76 update for download. It seems strange they have it up but the Playstation site doesn’t. I wonder if it would be a risky move trying it?

It_is_Me_iT said:

May 13th, 9:39 pm

Uh yah why dont you make it available on the web download page lol u guys always lag on that!!

aranben1 said:

May 13th, 9:41 pm

Worst part of owning a Playstation 3. Large mandatory firmware updates with features nobody ever cares about, and a chance of bricking your system if anything goes wrong during the installation process.

serendipiddy said:

May 13th, 9:41 pm

Yay! Firmware update!! :)

VelezRenzo said:

May 13th, 9:42 pm

We need PS2 Playback on the PS3!!!!
That’s why I still used my 60G PS3.

LIFEFORHIRE said:

May 13th, 9:45 pm

@310
I will try the update from PSnews and tell u how it goes…

STR8upK1LLA_707 said:

May 13th, 9:50 pm

Why do they make these firmware updates mandatory for online continuation? A total waste of 5 minutes of gaming! LOL

JesseHaysFL said:

May 13th, 9:56 pm

Hello, I just wanted to provide everyone with a head’s up that the next PLAYSTATION 3 system software update (v.2.76) will be coming soon. This is a minor update that improves the playback quality of some PS3 format software. Also we are adding secret features to be revealed at E3.

LIFEFORHIRE said: