PlayStation VR

May 14

May 14

New Home Apartment, Rent-Free

Megan Ybarra's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Network Marketing Manager

HOME CHAMBER Apt

Hey everyone, starting today you can download the exclusive “Chamber” apartment for free in PlayStation Home. Nope, that’s not a misprint. This interactive space comes complete with fire pits, waterfalls and a giant tree that’s more alive than you might expect. But make sure to come into Home and download your apartment now, because after May 21st, this premium personal apartment disappears from the housing market forever.

One last thing before we go. We’ve created a new video for Home and we’d love for you to check it out and let us know what you think. We hope you like it!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

CRUNKRIS said:

May 14th, 7:54 am

I love that Home video.

Make it a TV ad NOW!!!! Well Done SCEE!!

esko said:

May 14th, 7:56 am

I love this video it need to be playing on TV

Sporting_4_Eva said:

May 14th, 7:57 am

How do you get the street fighter costumes can any one help me on this.

Cool Video by the way!!!

haz360 said:

May 14th, 8:00 am

Love the video.

I hope the apartment gets released (for free) in Europe…

Ra-Ausar said:

May 14th, 8:02 am

Awesome video. I would be interested in seeing more video of this type and marketed thru all channels.

Oh yeah! When is the PS Home online going to become available so I can buy me one of those Home shirts and key chain.

SURYU said:

May 14th, 8:03 am

this is an ok space but it seems kinda like that stage in streetfigher alpha 3 adon’s stage but its okay the moving face is kinda creepy but cool change the pits to fire or water home is so adictive

thebrocknation said:

May 14th, 8:04 am

Creative commercial – fusing real life and “Home” life. However, a “Home” resident myself – I’m still not sold with Home’s usefulness. Originally, I assumed Home would become a virtual environment for the previewing and buying content via a refined 3-D PlayStation Store. Regardless, Home is evolving, so no stones thrown. Continue the good work Sony.

ravagespawn said:

May 14th, 8:06 am

Great commercial!! Thanks for the free apartment space.

KSPRAYDAD said:

May 14th, 8:08 am

@48…

I always think SONY launches these things to test out new tech…every space seems a littl e more polished than the last and by giving it out free they can get a real world stress test of changes in the engine.

That’s my theory.

czakhary said:

May 14th, 8:12 am

I am out of the country until the 20th. I need to make sure I do not miss this DL when I get back. Thanks

Frankie09 said:

May 14th, 8:13 am

Hey everyone. Look closely at the video. On the 26 second mark, there is a graffiti voucher code on the wall for two free Home items. Check it out.

DTHCND said:

May 14th, 8:13 am

This is crazy. This apartment is awsome. Also my fifth apartment.

rusty01 said:

May 14th, 8:13 am

cool song! nice vid, WHERE can I get 1 of them HOME t-shirts??
rusty01

BabeBro said:

May 14th, 8:17 am

The video doesn’t play til the end, you guys might want to fix that. Otherwise, it looks great and thanks for the free space :o)

jqtaxpayer said:

May 14th, 8:17 am

I haven’t looked at Home since the day it came out, but free and limited time offer are words that can sway a cheap-ass like me.

TheVoid777 said:

May 14th, 8:19 am

Am I the only one that noticed the lack of the word BETA in the video?

And this blog post came from a marketing manager, not one of the HOME managers.

Hmmmm….. ;)

red5ive said:

May 14th, 8:25 am

where can i get my hands on one of those real Home t-shirts??!

direkt57 said:

May 14th, 8:26 am

video was actually really really cool. i need to get into home a bit more… theres been so many things added that i havent even tried yet!

red5ive said:

May 14th, 8:26 am

thanks for the chamber apartment btw!

Xoonaka said:

May 14th, 8:29 am

The new space is awesome, but how about some free furniture for our current places? Some free furniture would help me feel more attached to my space, or even invested if you will. Right now, there’s no investment there with the plain white furniture… and with no personal investment, it’s hard to want to invest actual money into it.

..Then again, even the paid furniture selection is seriously lacking.

growking said:

May 14th, 8:33 am

home is awesome the vid was awesome yall keep up the good work

DTHCND said:

May 14th, 8:33 am

Frankie09 I noticed that two. Very nice gets u this nice hat and somethin else…

DTHCND said:

May 14th, 8:35 am

Hey is it just me but did they make a thing called the hub? On my screen thers a teleport option… Where I won’t say anything else because it says only for early home beta testers

Frankie09 said:

May 14th, 8:37 am

@72

You get a Shark hat and a Goldfish hat. I haven’t seen them yet because i’m at work and used the code on the website. But i’ll see it soon enough.

Alex_Assassin_08 said:

May 14th, 8:37 am

omg i love that video!

MAKE IT AN ADVERT!!! its something the 360 CAN NOT compete with guys :) I love Home, on it alllll the time.

and im English! XD

Dexiro said:

May 14th, 8:39 am

@24

it doesn’t force you to buy stuff but i’d at least like some options

last time i checked their was only 1 apartment, about 2 of each type of clothing and you only get the furniture that you start with

i wouldn’t mind a few more free items so i can at least have a go at customising without spending money i don’t have

DTHCND said:

May 14th, 8:40 am

Can someone help me figure how the hub puzzle. BTW sony u da bst! This is the worlds best space. Forget Microsoft and it’s Xgarbage this take the win!

StrykerIsland said:

May 14th, 8:41 am

Great video, but very lacking in Xi goodness! Considering that it’s the best part of Home so far, you’d think you guys would want to include it in your promos.

Any news on possible E3 streaming press conferences in our apartments? I for one know I’d pay a couple bucks for it.

Delriach said:

May 14th, 8:42 am

hah, just noticed the code for the free content. Clever.

PullusPardusUS said:

May 14th, 8:47 am

the intro really sounded like Billie Jean by Micheal Jackson, with the walking and camera being on feet with the beat.

GUINNESSS said:

May 14th, 8:52 am

Its free cause they couldnt sell it.. its a huge flop..
SOOoooo boring ..
video is cool thou

KSPRAYDAD said:

May 14th, 8:52 am

@77

This should help: http://www.wixi.co.uk/index.php?title=Main_Page

@76

I’ve got 2 free apt now, a ton a free shirts/clothes/hats/furniture even from playing Namco Arcade/Icebreaker, free Xi shirts, Patapon, ResiEvil, EA Sports etc etc. Regardless of all that the core functionality of HOME is available to all without any need to pay for anything.

Anubis80 said:

May 14th, 8:53 am

Cool something free. But Home lost me a while ago cuz the clothes and furniture costs like $2 for each piece.

DropD said:

May 14th, 8:55 am

The new space is great, can you send me the codes for one of those Hamster outfits I saw towards the end of the video.
thanks

Boghound said:

May 14th, 8:55 am

Neat video – now put it on TV or something to advertise – the only people viewing it now already have home :)

Boghound said:

May 14th, 8:56 am

Neat video – now put it on TV or something to advertise – as it stands the only people viewing it already have Home :)

Delriach said:

May 14th, 8:56 am

That’s not completely true Anubis80. There are clothing items are are even as low as 25 cents if you look at the right clothing. Aside from the clothes from the Diesel store, clothes normally are 50 cents to 1 dollar.

ChrisTiffer said:

May 14th, 9:01 am

Is the new apartment for the US Home only?

I like the video, even though it makes Home look faster to use than it actually is.

JKar275 said:

May 14th, 9:03 am

Thank you for the free “Chamber” apartment!
I enjoyed watching that video.

Home needs dedicated spaces for the following
games:
1) Red Faction Guerilla
2) Killzone 2
3) Resistance 2
4) Dark Void
5) MAG
6) DC Universe Online
7) Batman Arkham Asylum
8) X-Men Origins: Wolverine

ShadowOfEden said:

May 14th, 9:05 am

I uninstalled Home a long time ago. That’s not enough to make me go back to it. Especially not with Infamous coming out very soon.

QCVic said:

May 14th, 9:05 am

LOL!! Thanks for the free code!

Francision69 said:

May 14th, 9:07 am

I like the video. It’s really fun and interesting.

Slipping_halo said:

May 14th, 9:12 am

Thanks soooo much for the fee updates, they do rock. I was wondering when could we be looking at in-home music? I would love to spend some serious time in home, but without this simple thing of hearing my own music it gets kinda boring. So PLEASE let us know that you are working on it, and maybe drop a bone on how long we have to wait.

Thanks for all your advancement with home already, it can only get better from here.

vanace said:

May 14th, 9:13 am

Good song..

CoolHand032 said:

May 14th, 9:13 am

Cool video, is it meant for TV or just for people who use Home already? Love that hidden code too, clever. Thanks!

cronqvist said:

May 14th, 9:17 am

Yuck, furries! What were you thinking?!

Haha, it’s a nice vid. Summarizes the Home experience very well.

SKELLY7 said:

May 14th, 9:20 am

Of course. My Ps3 has to be repaired while I miss out on this great offer. Please tell me I’ll get it soon, its been 5-6 weeks already…

Destiny89 said:

May 14th, 9:20 am

LOL did you guys notice the numbers on the wall??? those are for something free im sure

Wiscompton said:

May 14th, 9:21 am

Did anyone notice the new ps3 logo at the very end of the video? It seems to match some spy photographs of a potential new slim ps3 on kotaku. I like my launch 60g with BC, but bring on the new models.

shoeonmyfoot said:

May 14th, 9:21 am

Nice! thanks for the free apt! and the 2 secret hats!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6