Paragon

May 28

May 28

White Knight Chronicles: Watch the E3 Trailer Now!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, International Software Development

Level-5, the critically-acclaimed developer of the Dark Cloud series and Rogue Galaxy, brings an unparalleled role-playing game experience with the introduction of White Knight Chronicles for the PLAYSTATION 3.

The first true online-enabled RPG on the PS3, White Knight Chronicles provides fans with visually stunning backdrops, a unique active turn-based battle system, and robust online gameplay rooted in an unforgettable adventure.

Today, we are excited to bring to you a sneak peek of our E3 trailer.

What is the story behind the transformation into the White Knight?
Is it as simple as it sounds?
Are you ready for an adventure?

Keep an eye out for additional White Knight Chronicles coverage at this year’s E3!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

WFMMK said:

May 28th, 2:41 pm

Amazing! Will the release date be announced at E3? Must buy !

deadpool7 said:

May 28th, 2:41 pm

First!

Trucidation said:

May 28th, 2:42 pm

Mmm E3 come on!

bdavid81 said:

May 28th, 2:42 pm

Such an awesome trailer, watched it earlier today! :)

deadpool7 said:

May 28th, 2:42 pm

Damn you beat me, alas you did not claim ‘First’.

Looks cool. I hope they set a date for the US here.

NJz-Greatest-420 said:

May 28th, 2:44 pm

hey i know this is way OFF topic but will mag release date be told to the public on E3

Trioptical said:

May 28th, 2:45 pm

Wow, nice.

Are we going to see any improvements over the Japanese release? After all, the playing field for online games is quite different over here.

Vagrant_1 said:

May 28th, 2:45 pm

All I care about is a release date !!!!!! jeez hurry up

KingSmashy said:

May 28th, 2:46 pm

Not very impressed with the trailer. Will have to wait and see how this turns out.

Frankie09 said:

May 28th, 2:46 pm

Awesome!!!! This will be a Must-Buy for me.

TRIX_BOL said:

May 28th, 2:46 pm

Awesome, could we expect a release date at E3 2009?

KSPRAYDAD said:

May 28th, 2:46 pm

Dear Square Enix – THIS is why you can shove FFXIII.

LokeSTL said:

May 28th, 2:47 pm

Can’t friggin’ wait!!! Loving Cross Edge right now and looking forward to playing WKC next. Day 1 buy for me. Will we be getting a release date at E3?

Any way you could check up on SEs PS3 release of The Last Remnant? Keep bugging them for us please. Let them know that we haven’t forgotten.

MADARAmagekyo said:

May 28th, 2:47 pm

I prefer both of the trailers downloadable from the Japanese PS Store. Still, it’s looking like a good game. Level 5 has a solid history with RPG’s.

It’ll be nice having it a true PS3 exclusive after the recent Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, and Last Remnant debacles.

Schmeidenkamp said:

May 28th, 2:47 pm

sweet! make sure theres a demo, just so those of us who aren’t 100% on buying it yet can get a better idea of what its got to offer : ]

ppbobby said:

May 28th, 2:47 pm

little boys and little girls save the world.

woooo man, JRPGs need to take a look at their characters.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

May 28th, 2:49 pm

Wow all these positive responses already!
Thanks for the support everyone!

nuness1988 said:

May 28th, 2:50 pm

I think the only thing holding this game back now is the “Japanese” approach (read:not good) to online gameplay. If they can streamline the process to get people into a game and include voice chat then I will strongly consider buying the game. I think Sony realizes this, it’s just a matter of devoting resources to make sure it happens. If they don’t, the game will get trashed in America over the online.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

May 28th, 2:52 pm

yes, working on the voice chat.

TRIX_BOL said:

May 28th, 2:50 pm

Thank you Tsubasa..

WFMMK said:

May 28th, 2:51 pm

Mr.Tsubasa Inaba, we’ve all been waiting for an amazing RPG to hit the PS3 and it looks like you’ll be giving it to us….Just a matter of when?

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

May 28th, 2:58 pm

thank you!

trust me, we are doing our absolute best!

Korbei83 said:

May 28th, 2:51 pm

When are we getting a release date?! We want it so bad!

TakiFuGu said:

May 28th, 2:51 pm

I cant wait for this RPG.

liketoski said:

May 28th, 2:51 pm

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

May 28th, 2:53 pm

wow your excitement went off screen!
    (at least that\’s how it looks on mine?)

naturalbornalche said:

May 28th, 2:52 pm

Oh yesss. Im totally gonna get this when it comes out, i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NinjaZeroEight said:

May 28th, 2:52 pm

There was an interview with Tsubasa Inaba and he said that the Japanese voice over might be something they would add to the North American release of the game.
Is that happening?

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

May 28th, 2:54 pm

looking into that too.
    we\’ll come back with a yes/no at a later date!

REZBLUE said:

May 28th, 2:52 pm

Looks really good but this is taking longer than Killzone 2 to come out.

TerryVSL said:

May 28th, 2:52 pm

PS3 60gig + PSP FTW!

White Knight Chronicles
Demon’s Souls
Valkyria Chronicles
Persona 4
Disagae 3
Jeanne D’Arc
Folklore

Absolutely amazing series of games from Sony,Atlus,Level 5, Nippon Ichi, From Software, and Sega this past couple of years.

Don’t give a damn that Wada has destroyed Square Enix anymore.

Level 5 stepping up to take the crown while SE sinks off into their whore out to the highest bidder crapulance.

SteveO1683 said:

May 28th, 2:53 pm

Day 1! Whenever you guys decide that is…. =D

G_Wurm said:

May 28th, 2:53 pm

I have to agree with ppbobby.

I don’t think there has been an JRPG character with a beard.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

May 28th, 2:56 pm

actually, one of our main characters DOES have a beard. :-)

tirminyl said:

May 28th, 2:54 pm

I am very excited for this game. Can’t wait to hear if there will be any additions to our version that Japan didn’t get.

SyphonFilter- said:

May 28th, 2:54 pm

I’ll buy it for sure,it looks amazing.

mixedkidbx said:

May 28th, 2:54 pm

little late on posting this cuz i saw it at another site :P

love the trailer though and have been looking forward to this game since it first came into the news long ago. can’t wait to get my hands on it. love RPG’s and love the MMO side of it too :)

anyone who’s an RPG gamer should def buy this game :)

Violater said:

May 28th, 2:55 pm

How Soon is “Soon”???????????????????????

Ax23000 said:

May 28th, 2:56 pm

Can’t wait.

Christian399 said:

May 28th, 2:58 pm

Let’s keep those JRPGs rolling Sony! Up next Zill Oll – not once have we been graced with one of this series’ magnificent titles in the West! Atelier Rorona! Last Rebellion! Trinity Universe! Possibly a release date for Vesperia in the U.S. (at E3, I wager). And… Persona 5! Hopefully Money Bags Mgee (you know who I’m talking about) doesn’t grab this one.

What a terrific year to be a JRPG lover/ PS3 owner.

Btw, I’ve already played and adored Demon’s Souls to death. Anyone who considers themselves a JRPG fan NEEDS to pick up that title (imported myself, and worth the 200% markup).

Yannick said:

May 28th, 2:58 pm

this is already on my blog, from Viddler to DailyMotion… 8)

Moosehole said:

May 28th, 2:59 pm

Whenever this comes out, I’ll buy it day one.

bahamutXr79 said:

May 28th, 3:01 pm

I’m very excited for this game! I’ve been waiting for it for such a long time!!

Personally I didn’t like the trailer though. I don’t know whats up with everyone Americanizing JRPG trailers with dramatic music. Personally, I’d rather enjoy the original japanese music that went with the trailer, the music makes it something that it wasn’t originally intended to be.

Delriach said:

May 28th, 3:01 pm

Is there text chat in the game like Metal Gear Online or LittleBigPlanet?

SPARDA said:

May 28th, 3:01 pm

This is going to be the first JRPG that I ever bought.

Bring it ….SOON

Edeuinu said:

May 28th, 3:02 pm

I can safely say I’m pretty much more excited for this than FF13 right now.

Nosajk said:

May 28th, 3:03 pm

AWSOME! this game really gonna kick ass!

*sits down, all i want now is a response from Namco to bring Tales of Vesperia PS3 to USA market*

and also Thanx Lvl5 for this awsome game! PS3 really needed something like this!

SolidusDave said:

May 28th, 3:04 pm

mhhh you should show off more the big environments in the trailers. That is imo the part, where WKC shines, graphics-wise.

Christian399 said:

May 28th, 3:04 pm

And as already intimated in a few of the above posts, after watching that trailer, the following scenario should ensue.

Square Enix will head to Level 5’s headquarters, weeping with shame, beg forgiveness for their sins (Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant and SO: 4) and then commit glorious seppoku at their doorstep for the good of humanity.

Level 5 will then take the JRPG crown from their body and wear it, deservedly, and with pride. And shortly thereafter Dark Cloud 3 will be released in the U.S.. (I can dream can’t I? :) )

Berae said:

May 28th, 3:07 pm

It looks awesome! i used to be a rpg fan but im not anymore i prefer adventure games but i cant miss this one, cant wait to get my hands on this

echogridlock said:

May 28th, 3:07 pm

Looks Good! its been awhile since ive seen such story telling in a game. Children are the best protagonists. Classic story arc, children are innocent and pure and adults are corrupt. Looking forward to this one. Hopfully more previews to come?

aat08 said:

May 28th, 3:08 pm

* screams like a little girl *
I need this. Now.

KazeEternal said:

May 28th, 3:08 pm

will we be getting any making of content or interviews on the PSN for this game any time soon?

Definitely a day one buy for me though, been waiting a long time for this title. Just hope a few of my friends jump on with this game for the online component. I hate playing with random people.

I’m also with #42 We need to hear from namco on Tales of Vesperia in the US for PS3.

perrandy said:

May 28th, 3:08 pm

i just would like to know what kind of rpg is this? is this a dungeon crawler?? or just a normal rpg in which you can go in to towns and what have you??

another thing,i have seen and heard the japanese song or opening of this game and i to tell you the truth it blew it me away!

because the song sounded so epic!

so, my last question is will the original japanese song be included in to this game and what made you guys cut it out from the trailers??thanks

katsuo7171 said:

May 28th, 3:10 pm

Good job Level 5. I’m looking forward to an RPG on the PS3. and since FFXI is being ported to PS3 I’m soo happy.

PAGE 1 2 3