Horizon Zero Dawn

Jun 01

Jun 01

PlayStation.Blog E3 2009 Meet-Up Recap

Chris Morell's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

E3 is officially back, and last night’s huge LA PlayStation.Blog meet-up was proof! We heard rumors before we got to Mama’s Hot Tamales that a line began forming as early as 9:30AM. But the sight of hundreds of PlayStation fans extending around the corner was almost overwhelming. Perhaps it was the smell of the delicious home-cooked Tamales, the early co-op access to Fireteam Bravo 3, or the first hundred people earning access to the Sony Press Conference (surprise, surprise…those hundred also gained access to the E3 show floor!) that drew the crowd.

E3 '09 Meet-up

Regardless, simply hanging out with Jeff, myself and hundreds of other excited PlayStation gamers was awesome enough justify the trip. Huge thanks to all who showed up and to everyone at Mama’s. And for those who couldn’t make the trip, below are some of the highlights (check our Flickr page for all the pics). Here’s to a great PS E3, and we’ll see you next time!

E3 '09 Meet-up

This is merely half the line outside Mama’s prior to opening. I bet Mama would love PlayStation to stop by every day! And in turn, I’d love one of these tamales for lunch every day of my life.

E3 '09 Meet-up

The Slant Six crew setting up Fireteam Bravo 3 before the flood gates open.

E3 '09 Meet-up

Jeff, Chris and Mama herself!

E3 '09 Meet-up

Yes! Hip Hop Gamer is a regular at our meet-ups, shooting some vids from within the line and chatting it up with Jeff.

E3 '09 Meet-up

The first Fireteam Bravo 3 victims! Everyone who played had a chance to win some great PSP prizes.

E3 '09 Meet-up E3 '09 Meet-up

E3 '09 Meet-up E3 '09 Meet-up

The craziness inside. Seriously, this place was packed. Sometimes you have to endure some sweatiness to get the goods.

E3 '09 Meet-up E3 '09 Meet-up

E3 '09 Meet-up E3 '09 Meet-up

Shots of the winners of the Fireteam Bravo 3 co-op competition. Lucky winners took home PSPs!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Insyt said:

June 1st, 9:07 pm

as far as exclusives go, i thought only 2 or 3 of those 10 mentioned games were exclusive…cuz Alan Wake and the others aside from Halo r coming to PS3 too…from what i’ve read…PS3 is an exclusives monster right now, best games undoubtadly…

Pc,
Syt

WestSiide said:

June 1st, 9:07 pm

Great event Jeff! Huge turn out. I got there about an hour early and the line was already around the buildings corner. At the end it was worth it! Tamales, cool Jeff Rubenstein signed Uncharted shirt, and best of all access to E3!! Hope this becomes a yearly thing cuz ill be there (if its in LA) cant wait for the show tomorrow…peace

Bart_Oats said:

June 1st, 9:10 pm

I actually was going to stop in then i remember i was in the McArthur Park area. There was no way i was going to park my car in that area. lol

Chacal81 said:

June 1st, 9:24 pm

Kojima sold out.

v1n104 said:

June 1st, 9:31 pm

plez ps3! dont lets us down at the Sony Conference….

v1n104 said:

June 1st, 9:33 pm

i heared EPIC GAMES was going to be at the sony conference is that true? anyone?

Viprdude said:

June 1st, 9:33 pm

Come to Philly!

KSPRAYDAD said:

June 1st, 9:47 pm

Hoping we see MUCH better media integration on the PS3 and IN CANADA AND US.

I only have 2 choices for digital media distribution in Canada …. X or Apple. If SONY can’t ‘bring it’ tomorrow I’ll unfortunately be getting an Xbox this coming weekend. I spent extra dollars getting ‘the best’ console but this very basic (in today’s terms) function isn’t even available.

Here’s to hoping.

mastrofallz said:

June 1st, 9:54 pm

@58.
Maybe you should call the CRTC and tell them to speed up the process. Its your goverments fault, not Sony’s.

Also, go ahead. Microsoft almost took a year and a half before they can get service up there, and it still sucks.
So good luck?

BMiLLA1001 said:

June 1st, 9:55 pm

Why does the PSP Go only have 1 analog stick? Put 2 analogs and then release the system. There is so many PSP fans in the world disappointed about the single analog stick. Why does Sony keep ignoring everyone? Don’t release the Go. No one wants it. Make a system with 2 analogs!!!

jony_m said:

June 1st, 10:07 pm

love you guys, thx again for the e3 surprise…

Dehshizknight said:

June 1st, 10:53 pm

Looks like yall had some great fun! I was watching the Sarcastic Gamer coverage and saw Jeff and Chris talking and I was like “holy shat! It’s Jeff and Chris and Doc!”

afrsoul said:

June 1st, 10:57 pm

why did sony lose exclusivity to the MGS series… are we gettin gears f war or some sh**

cleversignin said:

June 1st, 11:10 pm

Not to sound like Debby Downer but announcing games that won’t be released for months/years is not that appealing.
I like the idea of getting people stirred up but it would be nice if at least one surprise was ready for release at E3. The entire E3 concept is the gamer equivalent of [DELETED].

Also, ‘E3 expo’ is the worst kind of redundancy.

Miguel_THE_GREAT said:

June 1st, 11:16 pm

those tamales were aight.. my mom makes better ones lol

Miguel_THE_GREAT said:

June 1st, 11:19 pm

and btw you all do realize metal gear solid 2 came out for the original xbox so it only makes sense that a raiden game would be released

Darkos87 said:

June 1st, 11:22 pm

omg omg omg sony e3 2009 in… 11 hours!

alaM0000 said:

June 2nd, 12:07 am

Selling PSPs at a CAFE??!! =P

X201 said:

June 2nd, 12:58 am

Hey Jeff, you owe me one for the Jaffa Cakes tip off ;)

Apnomis said:

June 2nd, 2:04 am

Jeff, Did you enjoy the Jaffa Cakes courtesy of your new friends at the EU Blog?!

It must make for a nice change for fans to answer one of your requests, rather than you dealing with fan requests all the time!!!

woodsr59 said:

June 2nd, 4:13 am

will the conference be live in home or delayed??

KSPRAYDAD said:

June 2nd, 4:37 am

@59…

I’m fully aware of the issues…I’ve been defending SONY’s position of a year BUT…

X just rolled out into multiple MORE countries…

X just rolled out media sharing (a promise of both companies last year and SONY hasn’t delivered yet)

X just rolled out 1080p (compressed but still 1080p) instant streaming movies

X just rolled out integrated Last.fm

All these are media centric and things I’m hopeful to see at a bare minimum today. (Last.fm is likely exclusive so get shoutcast like the PSP) I’ll still play my games on PS3 but they are leaving money on the table in Canada and elsewhere imo if the don’t move now.

BoobooJones said:

June 2nd, 5:05 am

@ 47 stfu. We aren’t “loosing” exclusives. and you all act like MGS was gonna take us home at E3. NO! Uncharted 2&God Of War3-Make us proud Sony

poweredbyzen said:

June 2nd, 5:19 am

today’s forecast – chili today, hot tamale!

S-E-G said:

June 2nd, 6:03 am

slow news day on such a big event going on this week

macbelonwu10 said:

June 2nd, 6:05 am

M$

Im sorry but im not getting out of my sofa to be swing my arm with no controller physical there, this is just a gimmick the Wii has done an excellent job because you can hold the controller and it vibrates and has a sound output….playing with no controller fills awkward as there is no physical connection between you and the game…M$ HAS FAILED AGAIN JUST LIKE THEY DID WITH THERE $50.000.000 GTA DLC BUY OUT.

macbelonwu10 said:

June 2nd, 6:07 am

Haahaa check out Hiphop gamer posing…love that dude man!!!

ProwlingFox said:

June 2nd, 6:29 am

See you at E3, Chris & Jeff!

Poopookakabumbum said:

June 2nd, 7:20 am

Looking forward to the conference today.

But if half your conference is digital downloads, I will back to garrote you with a knife Sony.

RuthlessEd said:

June 2nd, 7:39 am

It’ll be interesting to see what Sony is bringing to the table this year. I pray, for the sake humanity, that they don’t waste even a moment discussing the PS2 (like last year). You could hear people snickering in the audience when they wasted a third of their time discussing 10 year old technology.

Microsoft’s presentation was stellar. And it has me seriously considering a purchase. The 1080P instant streaming is VERY compelling (and will be available in Canada).

Of course, with the PS3, we do have cross-game text chat. I wonder if they’ll discuss that.

gmk218 said:

June 2nd, 7:53 am

LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAD A BLAST KUDOS TO THE BLOG TEAM

RuthlessEd said:

June 2nd, 8:00 am

Microsoft’s video for their future motion-capture system (Natal) reminds me a great deal of the PS3 Eye videos that came out prior to its launch: An overly slick video that clearly isn’t employing the technology they’re advertising…so essentially a complete bunch of B.S. that will never achieve what is promised.

zombie_56 said:

June 2nd, 8:33 am

sony’s e3 conference is in 2’30hours

zombie_56 said:

June 2nd, 8:36 am

@80 sony wants to bring 2500games to the ps2 probably i agree thought the system is already legendary so why bring more games to it

SURYU said:

June 2nd, 8:42 am

hmmm the third picture looks like some wii’s lined up

Deezl415 said:

June 2nd, 8:56 am

Damn and I thought waiting in line for a pair of Nike Air Yeezy’s was bad. =)

remanutd5 said:

June 2nd, 9:23 am

it really is a pain in the A** to see Sony press conference in G4TV i just wish sony had its own TV show

Onna76_NL said:

June 2nd, 9:46 am

Sony… please SAVE ME?!!!! I’m watching Nintendo’s Conference and have a freaking headache! Save me with RPG announcements for on the PS3, please bring that remote on the PS3 already so I can kick out that freaking Wii out of the house once and for all! Come on Jack kick some asses will ya?!

Onna76_NL said:

June 2nd, 9:47 am

On topic… pretty cool :-D Hope you all had a great time :-)

RuthlessEd said:

June 2nd, 9:53 am

Nintendo’s conference is an embarrassment. Their games and technology look so frickin’ dated. I feel sad for the poor suckers who use the Wii or DS as their primary gaming systems.

…and some of the graphics. Sweet moses. Hello 1989.

Onna76_NL said:

June 2nd, 10:32 am

Ow well my Wii is saved, Mario is still my hero and of course I screamed when I saw the Mario Galaxy 2 announcement, but other than that and Metroid (same old stuff though) “yawn”.

PlayStation to the rescue!!… I hope ;-)

PAGE 1 2