Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jun 02

Jun 02

E3 09: The Best Talent = The Best Titles

Scott Rohde's Avatar Posted by SVP of Product Development, Worldwide Studios America, SCEA

Hi PlayStation fans, I’m Scott Rohde, VP of product development at SCEA. You may not realize this, but we have over 2500 Worldwide Studio employees who’s jobs are focused on bringing unique IP to the PlayStation platforms. And that number doesn’t even include the talented outside developers like Sucker Punch, Insomniac and United Front Games. That’s a lot of people working hard to bring you one of the best software line-ups that we’ve ever put out in a calendar year.

We are starting NOW with inFAMOUS, the incredible new open world action title from Sucker Punch that hit store shelves last week, MAG – the first and only 256 player FPS coming out of our Zipper studio, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, the latest epic creation from the brilliant, creative minds at Naughty Dog, and Ratchet and Clank Future 2: A Crack in Time, another exciting chapter in the Ratchet series from our long-time partners at Insomniac… and the list goes on.

Our team invests the time and dollars to bring you a diverse library of games, games which our competitors might find too risky to take a chance on. Make sure to check the news from the press conference to see and hear a little more about Worldwide Studios future vision. We showed an incredible 14 disc based first party games today that you simply will not find on another system.

For example, I’m excited to announce the debut of the next big thing in the Play, Create, Share genre – ModNation Racers. This game joins LittleBigPlanet as another truly innovative title in a genre that continues to be defined by Sony. In ModNation Racers, the players can design their own karts, drivers and tracks with an intuitive, yet amazingly deep set of tools. In fact, the tools are so deep, the developer, United Front Games, is using the tools to build the entire game! We will have a lot more to share on ModNation Racers, so stay tuned.

I’m incredibly excited about the SCE first party exclusive lineup over the next 6-12 months, and I’m only scratching the surface in this quick post. To whet your appetite, take a look at the new UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves.

Be sure to check back for details during and after E3 for more updates.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

DustyBlue said:

June 2nd, 7:13 pm

YAY! Elena and Sully are back! I’m so happy…

Rimkus said:

June 2nd, 7:20 pm

Holy ballz.

Elena is back!!! WOOT!

This might be my GOTY. Jeez… and I thought inFamous was good enough this year

Worm- said:

June 2nd, 7:31 pm

Hey Jeff, great job guys! Can we get the MAG game play footage on the psn store???

THE_SPANIARD said:

June 2nd, 8:25 pm

yay Elena is back!

Poopookakabumbum said:

June 2nd, 9:05 pm

Uncharted 2 is a HUGE disappointment.

Looks like Naughty Dog have forgotten what made the first game so great. I don’t want a generic 3rd person action-shooter with pointless multi-player. What a shame.

That said, Last Guardian wins Best of Show from me. :D

Kenoji said:

June 2nd, 9:23 pm

“Day One” purchase for me! This game will be awesome.

Korbei83 said:

June 2nd, 9:36 pm

I’ll say it right now.. Game of the Year that will never be nominated.

Gavi said:

June 2nd, 9:42 pm

Amazing trailer, simply amazing. One of the best ever, it is still a video game right and not a movie?

Great to see Sully and Elena in the ingle player campaign. Who was worried that the SP campaign would take a hit as ND pursued co-op and competitive modes? Not me. Always believed in ND. Bow to the gods.

Death10011001 said:

June 2nd, 10:59 pm

@44 (blinky) what do we want updated so bad you ask? the answer is simple… ALOT of things…

Death10011001 said:

June 2nd, 11:00 pm

anyways… Looks like fun

joostin said:

June 2nd, 11:22 pm

OMG Naughty Dog! Just played the Uncharted 2 MP Beta and I must say it has the most impressing multiplayer graphics to date, Can’t wait to see how the single player plays.
Hats off to you fine sirs.

mclaren777 said:

June 3rd, 12:47 am

I hope Taku Imasaki reads this…

GT PSP looks really cool but I’m disappointed that it only supports four cars racing at once. I’m guessing it could easily handle eight vehicles at 30fps and I’d gladly sacrifice half the framerate to make that happen. Other than that, keep up the great work (and thanks for reverting back to the chase camera from GT1-GT3).

Carnivius_Prime said:

June 3rd, 1:02 am

#155 are you insane? Uncharted 2 looks to be everything the original was and much more. Naughty Dog know what they’re doing and that trailer was incredible. Games like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy need to look at Uncharted and see how you can get that movie feel without it providing huge breaks inbetween actual gameplay. Uncharted 2 looks gorgeous too and it’s great to see Elena back but Chloe looks hot too :)

My beta code doesn’t work yet though :(

IronChefWong said:

June 3rd, 1:37 am

Naughty Dog killed my PS3.

I was booting up a multiplayer game of Uncharted 2’s Beta, and just as soon as the game loaded up, it all goes blank.

PS3 turned off. I try turning it back on…just a couple of beeps and a yellow light. YLOD…I was able to eject my disk before it turns off again. Seriously…I get into the Beta and this is how my PS3 repays me even with frequent vacuuming and dusting.

By the time I get my PS3 repaired…the Beta will be over, I will have lost a 60GB PS3 with backwards compatability and all my game saves lost.

So much for the hardware reliability.
Thanks Sony.

Arthael_ said:

June 3rd, 1:56 am

Please, will we have a Gow III trailer ?

Thanks.

nickjd331 said:

June 3rd, 2:00 am

I just saw Elena, I have made my day.

I was always hoping that Elena and Sully would be in it. My anticipation for this game has risen tenfold, and it wasn’t small to start with!

Thank you Naughty Dog!!!!!!!

Caemgen said:

June 3rd, 3:53 am

I’ve played the beta and it’s awesome. But there are a few things that could be improved/added. For instance:

• Notify player before leaving a party (by pressing ‘circle’ you will leave right away, which could be annoying if it’s by mistake)
• Accept invites/Join friend’s party while you’re in a (private) game.
• Invite ‘recently met players’ too, without sending them a friend request first.
• Take a look at the stats of other players (including earned medals) by selecting their names in a game/lobby and pressing ‘X’.
• Display all of the medals you’ve earned, and explain WHY they have been earned.
• Standard Ranked deathmatch-games should be MUCH longer. A 25 kill-limit is not enough. 50 would be a lot better.
• No respawn (or much slower respawns)-mode!!!
• In Red Faction: Guerrilla, players can select ‘Party up’ after a match is finished. Everyone else that does the same will stay together in a party, so they can play together in the next game(s) as well.
• Custom soundtrack?

Arcturian said:

June 3rd, 5:51 am

who’s jobs are

Kei-Ender said:

June 3rd, 6:18 am

Nice…im still drooling over Uncharted trailer.. the trailer is awesome

Wongster4321 said:

June 3rd, 6:42 am

I would have like a new GOW for psp sony WTF

SPARDA said:

June 3rd, 6:58 am

That is the most beautiful game my eye have ever seen.

GAME OF THE YEAR

for SURE!!!

Rival_31 said:

June 3rd, 7:18 am

Must have for me!

russ_XD said:

June 3rd, 8:02 am

argh i’ve found a anoying glitch on the beta i go to hide behind a wall on the cover u see in the video and my guy slides and floats below the ledge

russ_XD said:

June 3rd, 8:02 am

i took a pic if there is anyway of sending it?

sNsKid said:

June 3rd, 8:21 am

Please tell me that Sony’s press conference @E3 2009 will be available for download in the PS Store!! It was epic!

RobRoks said:

June 3rd, 8:56 am

“I’m last years model” lawl nice one, loving it. Amazing E3 please for the love of god sony change that remote tho but good stuff hardware and software for PS3 and PSP :P But not joking you wont get too many sales with that price in UK ..

sscoolChea said:

June 3rd, 9:39 am

Sony E3 rocks…………………god of war and uncharted gave me the chills…

Utmost-Nutszo said:

June 3rd, 11:51 am

Elena! w00t!

LOVE that the “Playstation!” voice is back as well as the new logo/branding of “PS3” instead of the long “P L A Y S T A T I O N 3” look. Definitely more recognizable to the non-hardcore gamer.

Thrasher20 said:

June 3rd, 1:45 pm

Sony you guys PWNED the stage!!! WAYYYYY BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

osufan21 said:

June 3rd, 2:00 pm

I thought at E3 Scea would announce a new firmware update including a Music Video Service and Probably the most asked for feature for the past two years! that is of course IN-GAME CHAT but No that as far as i know that hasnt happened. The way i see it, we players and Sony fans are being ignored. Please add the feature of In-Game Chat.

doityharry said:

June 3rd, 3:33 pm

Best facial animations in cutscenes ever! Very lifelike.

whitegoat1130 said:

June 3rd, 5:46 pm

you guys got me. i havent gotten the first one yet but planning on buying my 3rd ps3 and getting the 160GB with Uncharted. Awesome. keep it up. would also like some more info on GT5 and the new motion controllers =]

VERYADHD said:

June 3rd, 7:04 pm

I am so gald to be the owner of a PS3 Infamous is the best.

maddude97 said: