Paragon

Jun 05

Jun 05

E3 09 Virtual Booth Tour: God of War III

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

We’re now on our way back from LA, but even with E3 2009 in the books, we’ve got a lot more videos coming for you.

During the conference, we had an elevated area above the show floor where media members and other dignataries (I’m looking at you, Verne Troyer) could get a guided walkthrough on our titles.

We shot a number of “Virtual Booth Tours” with our top developers, to give you a feel for what it’s like to be at E3, and to see some parts of the games that you probably haven’t seen before.

First up, Combat Designer Adam Puhl takes us through the part of the God of War III demo that we *didn’t* show during the press conference.

Coming up Monday: A guided tour of MAG!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

dulcediana said:

June 6th, 3:27 pm

XBOX 360 EAT YOUR HEART

gamestopper09 said:

June 6th, 10:26 pm

Can download that demo on PSN?

When in March?

PSP GO UMD problems?

gamestopper09 said:

June 6th, 10:27 pm

Can we download that demo on PSN?

When in March?

PSP GO UMD problems?

Enigma777 said:

June 7th, 2:58 am

Wow, this looks awesome! I really love the lighting in the dark areas and how your blades and the glowing orbs can illuminate the environment!

An idea for the Kratos descend: Have him flap his wings for a quick speed boost (for those who want a bigger challenge). It will also look really cool!

gor1llap1mp said:

June 7th, 8:55 am

Jeff,

I know this is about all things God Of War III so ill make this brief. Tetris 25th Anniversary, Tetris available on all platforms…except PS3?

GWIII + PS3 = ECSTASY

CloudStorm87 said:

June 7th, 1:02 pm

That was effin AWESOME! If fellow GOW fans had any doubt about the brutality Kratos is expected to inflict in this game, well ripping the head of a god should be a taste of what’s to come. This game looks PHENOMENAL. If this is how good it looks now, imagine how much better, more polished it’s gonna look when it’s released March next year! I have full confidence in the GOW team and I’m sure they are working tirelessly to make GOW III a worthy finale for such an epic and beloved series.

My only nitpicking concern was the mechanic involved in riding a cyclopse. From a video I saw previously and now this it seems Kratos can keep on stabbing the cyclopse when it probably shouldn’t survive that long. So I think the stabbing either needs to be less lethal than it looks or the cyclopse should die after 4-5 stabs. In any case this was probably just to demo the cyclopse riding feature but I hope in the final game it doesn’t become a repetitive thing.

I can’t wait to get my hands on this game. I frickin LOVE God of War!

quan490 said:

June 7th, 2:04 pm

YO THIS IS TOO HOT GOTTA GET THIS ON DA FIRST DAY BUDDY

Darkos87 said:

June 7th, 2:14 pm

Lol he tries to get in the way of kratos… is he f’cking crazy or what?!

IzaiazOfNazareth said:

June 7th, 3:48 pm

this game will be even better upon release. the game is great though.cant wait.

stennex said:

June 7th, 3:51 pm

GOWIII is Amazing!

Please give us a demo of GOWIII sometime this year. Thank you.

backbreaker65 said:

June 7th, 9:11 pm

I think the QTE for the Helios “head removal” would work better with the sixaxis. I envision it the same way as QTE only showing the controller twist left and right to ring his neck and pulling or thrusting the controller up to complete the process.

NDGO said:

June 8th, 1:43 am

I WANT GOW AND GOW2 IN THE PS STORE!!!!

you guys would make sooooo much dough if you released GOW and GOW2 on the PS store. Release them slowly leading up to the release of GOW3. you could release GOW now and maybe GOW2 around christmas.

ft2buffaloe said:

June 8th, 4:51 am

this game has the best graphic and I am looking forward to play this game

j3254 said:

June 8th, 5:21 am

takifugu……
play gow I and II before you pick up this game!!!!! you cannot appreciate how epic this game is unless you play through the epicness of I and II. Take my word for it you have plenty of time until 3/10 play the first 2!

sTeLioSco said:

June 8th, 9:27 am

bravo great game:)

EpikHigh555 said:

June 8th, 10:11 am

AWESOME :D

stagb0y said:

June 8th, 10:34 am

love it !!!! but when does the demo reach PSN???

DTH666 said:

June 8th, 2:20 pm

Man this game is going to rock!!! I’ve played all of the games and i hope we dont see an end of kratos adventure

bushisprez said:

June 8th, 5:06 pm

Kill the gods!

March 2010….

RONALDINHO10 said:

June 8th, 5:43 pm

Impressive showing!tearing a cyclops eye should be epic.Please give us a demo soon.

paclocs1612 said:

June 8th, 11:54 pm

i been looking forward to this game for so long!!! AT LAST

Kadien77 said:

June 9th, 1:12 am

WOW! The game looks to be shaping up to be a killer. Looks like some great use of dynamic lighting inside that cave. Will probably lead to some scary moments in the dark er I mean “I fear Nothing” ;-p I can’t wait for that demo as well, because march is long ways off. I like it because they’re taking there time and doing it right though.

Jerry_BCN said:

June 9th, 11:28 pm

This game is amazing!

I cant wait to march! :P

JinZX1 said:

June 10th, 1:05 pm

i guess i should actually play the first two games…i never played these games before.

bombsquad07 said:

June 10th, 4:12 pm

This game looks awesome. Ive got the first two and will for sure be picking this one up. Let us have the demo already!

squash_banana said:

June 11th, 3:58 pm

This game is THE reason I bought a ps3. I eagerly await its release. Side note: could we get playable versions of GOW1 and 2 on the ps3? maybe a bonus disc or download?

AKA_DocRedo said:

June 12th, 10:54 am

THANX 4 CONFIRMING HOW GREAT THIS GAME WILL BE WITH THIS DEMO VIDEO. I HOPE I’M NOT ALONE IN SAYING THIS AND NOT TO BE CHOOSY, BUT I HOPE U GUYS DECIDE TO PUT GOW I & II ON BLU RAY WITH MISSING STAGES(LEVELS) THAT YOU COULDN’T PUT ON 1ST ONES.

AKA_DocRedo said:

June 12th, 11:02 am

OH, AND HAV U GUYS THOUGHT ABOUT MAKING A MOVIE. I THINK DAT WOULD BE ALOT BETTER THAN A T SHIRT. MAYBE I’M WRONG. BUT IF U AGREE, PLZ ADD UR COMMENT AND LET THEM KNOW.

crazeehOt said:

June 14th, 10:06 pm

best game in the world i think u guys should make it online that would b hot like if u could do like olympic wars like u can pic a god and like get to fight each other to the death that would b nice jus wanted to throw that out there but other then that god of war is goin to b a great game hopefully u can release it earlier cANT wait =[

omargow23 said:

June 17th, 3:24 am

Amazing game i just love it please give us a demo soon please!!!!!

stenol85 said:

June 17th, 8:12 am

cant believe they have pushed the release back again. this game is going to be epic

PAGE 1 2 3