Overwatch

Jun 11

Jun 11

Xi: The Secret is Out!

David Varella's Avatar Posted by Producer, nDreams

Xi logo

The mystery behind Xi has finally been revealed. Today, for the first time, all visitors to PlayStation Home can discover the full truth about Xi, Jess and the alpha zones beneath our virtual world.

All the Xi spaces will stay live for a few weeks yet, so if you want to finish off any of the games and puzzles – or if you’ve never experienced Xi before – you still have a chance to play and explore.

When you’ve had your fill of mini-game goodness, you can go to the Xi Hub and face the story’s dramatic conclusion. Just make sure you’ve got everything you want out of the game, because once you’ve seen the ending, there’s no going back.

And if you already know how the story ends, no spoilers please! Some of us are still trying to collect those last few butterflies first…

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

acmilanboy said:

June 11th, 9:03 am

I dont think anybody gave any real attention to this.

StupidityTries said:

June 11th, 9:03 am

Bruce Willis is a ghost…

VofEscaflowne said:

June 11th, 9:06 am

Now please fix the keypad at the top of the stairs :p

theinfamousjaywe said:

June 11th, 9:07 am

Oh my…gotta hurry and finish this!

will_orz said:

June 11th, 9:07 am

@1

I did…;_;

POLYERGOS said:

June 11th, 9:13 am

It was revealed that Xi is a letter from the Greek alphabet.

headwing45 said:

June 11th, 9:14 am

I can’t wait till this Xi stuff is over with this way the home developers can focus on actually improving home and adding more things to it. I’m still waiting for a trophy room.

BlindMango said:

June 11th, 9:15 am

the ending was interesting for me, Kudos to you Sony, this was a great addition to HOME.

Delriach said:

June 11th, 9:18 am

@acmilanboy, you’re definitely wrong. Just flat out wrong.

TheVoid777 said:

June 11th, 9:20 am

nDreams did a fantastic job of creating new and innovative experiences within HOME. Some of the mini-games really surprised me, that it was even possible to do stuff like that within HOME. With the limited amount of game launching support at the current time, Xi gave HOME a purpose for me, and through the game, I made a ton of new friends. Great job, nDreams and Sony! Looking forward to the next adventure! (and more game launching ;)

Midgetguy said:

June 11th, 9:22 am

I can’t wait to see where nDreams takes this concept! Here’s hoping that all the mini-games remain at the end as well…

Rikith said:

June 11th, 9:28 am

Farewell XI, it was a fun journey.

floppy72 said:

June 11th, 9:28 am

I hate HOME !!!!!!!!!!

emiru69 said:

June 11th, 9:29 am

Well, then I think it’s too late for me, I tried a couple of times but I never understand what I supposed to do (+_+)U

ThEosSiE said:

June 11th, 9:32 am

Wow.. I didn’t know this would go away.. :( so I have a few weeks.. few means 3 right lol

ADR143 said:

June 11th, 9:34 am

lol to late to me i dindt even started

chelada said:

June 11th, 9:34 am

Xi was the best thing to ever happen to home it brought everyone together and entertained us with education! If you did the puzzles you know more than when u first started. We need more things like this and it was free! Please keep them comming often!

ThEosSiE said:

June 11th, 9:35 am

I agree that it was a great addition.. It shouldn’t be taken down.. maybe it goes away after we end it, but all the new people jumping into HOME will never see what was added with Xi.. if the spaces are gone, right??

Microshock said:

June 11th, 9:36 am

Why do you guys make stuff and then make it so it’s taken down real quick?

Shouldn’t happen

Delriach said:

June 11th, 9:41 am

I agree that taking it down is really a shame. Such a great addition to Home… gone :(

SeanScythe said:

June 11th, 9:45 am

I hope you spend more time now fixing the picture frame sine each time I try to use it, the thing locks up my PS3 and forces a hard reset. Also I can’t believe I had to pay for this, I could understand if I wanted bigger sizes but not for a plain size frame. And for $3 and it doesn’t work, how much will a tv cost me? $10?

NJz-Greatest-420 said:

June 11th, 9:46 am

am TOTALLY confused about this for real what is this “ix” saw couple weeks ago only thing i know its for ps home thats it but WHAT does it do? i dont know i guess am dumb but can someone tell me or help me comprehend this

zoahporre said:

June 11th, 9:48 am

dropping Xi is completely stupid.

MilenkoSlayer said:

June 11th, 9:48 am

TheVoid777 – Well put ;)

I would like to say DIDO his post. He said everything I was going 2 say.

Congrats and keep it up nDreams, I would like to see more from you guys soon.

XgargunoX said:

June 11th, 9:49 am

off topic but i need a new ps3…i want 120gb but i also want 4 usb ports…does the 120gb have 4 or just 2?? any one know??

NJz-Greatest-420 said:

June 11th, 9:54 am

just 2 usb ports bud… but u can get one at enay they probably have some new ones their that have 4 usb ports

NJz-Greatest-420 said:

June 11th, 9:54 am

lol EBAY

Arcturian said:

June 11th, 9:55 am

…why delete it?

lowhonor said:

June 11th, 9:56 am

i was very intrested at first…but then i lost intrest…it was poorly implemented for the most part

gus_xl said:

June 11th, 9:56 am

I seriously got stuck on one of the puzzles, and just couldn’t get any further. Now that I know there’s an end, I’m going to have to go back and try to finish.

DonnyG said:

June 11th, 9:58 am

meh

Delriach said:

June 11th, 9:58 am

gus_xl, if you go to the xi forums at playstation.com, there is a tutorial for those who need help.

GGCAN said:

June 11th, 10:15 am

@1 – acmilanboy.

Maybe you didn’t pay attention to this, but I’ll tell you, each time I’ve been in Xi it’s always been packed with people.

So don’t know how you can say no one paid any attention.

mgiusto said:

June 11th, 10:20 am

ok so what is Xi? The blog entry doesn’t tell us.

firstworldman said:

June 11th, 10:21 am

Getting rid of Xi? But I only just started…
Also, my partner loves it. Keep the mini-games and we’re golden, Sony.

XgargunoX said:

June 11th, 10:23 am

@ 26 – NJz-Greatest-420

thanx i guess ill get 80gb if that has 4…if not im gettin 120gb anyways

Phoenix8387 said:

June 11th, 10:23 am

@1
You are incorrect.

@7
The Home devs aren’t responcible for Xi, thats nDreams.

As for Xi, I greatly enjoyed the experience I had during Xi and also the friends I made. The recap viedo in the Alumni Hub pays the best homage to the Xi community there can be. So many people were so enthusiastic about Xi and I’m very curious to see what nDreams will bring to the table in the future.

Just one quick question I hope we can get a reply to. Is this the end of Xi? Or is it just the beginning of what is to come?

Viprdude said:

June 11th, 10:26 am

This was the dumbest thing Sony has ever done that involves a PS3 application, ever.

Sorry but I am honest.

inquisiti6 said:

June 11th, 10:35 am

only had a chance to check it out for a little but home seems like its stepping its game up. I want uncharted 2, mag, mw2, and other game launching and home spaces.

inquisiti6 said:

June 11th, 10:36 am

to the dude looking for a ps3 with 4usbs buy one with 4 and then u can buy a 300 gb harddrive online fro 70 bucks and change out ur 80gb for a 300 wont void warranty and takes 3 mins

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

June 11th, 10:48 am

So now what? Maybe you guys will finally BUILD THE SOCOM SPACE that has been promised for over a year now. Xi was interesting but hard for alot of people. Me I just went to the forums for answers. that’s how a real sleuth does it. Let someone else do all the work and then claim the credit for yourself. Yeah I’m greedy but whatcha gonna do?

TERWALLACE said:

June 11th, 10:49 am

I’ve enjoyed XI, and that includes the leadup to it where many of us were speculating on what it was.

But please, keep the alpha zones around! There are some awesome minigames in there, and they give us a lot to play around with!

DeathbrinPSN said:

June 11th, 10:54 am

Awww… ;( Sad to see it leave.

DryvBy said:

June 11th, 11:00 am

I’d love to use Home, but my 60GB is full of game installs and patches, and I actually am playing the games I have installed. Resident Evil 5 killed me, and thus, I have no idea what Xi is or was.

cbeyond said:

June 11th, 11:02 am

Thank you nDreams and Sony.

Xi was truly innovative…not only from the standpoint of creating an ARG within an Alternative Reality World…but the unifying theme of teamwork and “we’re all in this together” that ran throughout Xi.

Can’t wait to see wait your partnership will cook up next. 8)

ToRllQue said:

June 11th, 11:07 am

I agree with what TheVoid777 said also:

And to the people talking about Sony adding more spaces and complaining about problems with Home…nDreams has nothing to do with that. How about you pay more attention…..

JimmyChaos said:

June 11th, 11:08 am

@38 Viprdude. Guess it might have been to hard of a game for you. Maybe it’s because it involved more than just giving your character a gun and saying shoot everything… lol.

cleversignin said:

June 11th, 11:23 am

I know I am late to the party but I will try to knock this out this weekend…ran out of HD space but I just upgraded (yay!).

Bit off topic but I never run into anyone on Home with a trophy rank above two and most have zero trophies. Can anyone explain this?

TobyRimbaud said:

June 11th, 11:40 am

Xi was one of the greatest things to happen to Home so far. I was kinda disappointed with how Home was shaping up at first, but Xi showed me the potential of what can happen with the software. I’m excited to see what nDreams brings to us in the future… and I’m excited to see Home continuing to grow. Thanks, Sony!

Keebzerz said: