God of War

Jun 12

Jun 12

Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 Now Available, Play with the Devs Tomorrow!

Josh Olin's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Treyarch

Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 is now available for download on the PlayStation Store for $9.99.

Battle to control the river bridge in “Banzai,” a bright jungle map featuring a waterfall and hidden caves. In “Corrosion” face down your enemy in a shattered train yard, and in “Sub Pens” wipe the monsoon rain from your eyes as you struggle over a bombed-out submarine base. The Zombies return in “Shi No Numa” (Zombie Swamp) featuring Perk machines, the deadly new Wunderwaffe DG-2, new Trophies and flaming Hell Hounds.

Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 - Banzai

Banzai
Deep in the jungles of Japanese controlled territory, battle to control the tall river bridge in “Banzai” a bright, medium sized jungle map featuring a waterfall, villages and hidden caves well suited for deadly snipers, surprise attacks and all out gun battles.

Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 - Corrosion

Corrosion
In “Corrosion” face down your enemy in a deteriorated Russian train yard. Sprint under, over and through the shattered pipelines and war-torn train cars in this mid sized map great for full out team combat. Keep your head on a swivel as your enemy could be above or below you!

Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 - Subpens

Sub Pens
“Sub Pens” offers a close-quarter bombed-out Japanese submarine base littered with live ammunition, breached subs and idle fighter planes. Wipe the monsoon rains from your eyes and struggle to control key choke points in this tight map designed for exciting and deadly battles.

Shi No Numa (Zombie Swamp)
Keep moving to survive the unending Zombie horde in “Shi No Numa”, the all new addition to the four player co-op fan favorite. Japanese Zombies rise from the misty swamps and flaming Hell Hounds blaze through the jungle as players struggle to find Perk machines and the deadly new Wunderwaffe DG-2 to stay alive. This new map includes 10 new Trophies.

Map Pack 2 Trophy List
While the thrill of a zombie shooting spree is enough on its own to inspire countless replays of Map Pack 2’s new zombie map, Shi No Numa, the challenge of Trophies turn an already frightening experience into a bone-harrowing struggle for honor. Listed below are the ten Trophies that players can strive for in their struggle for survival, exclusively obtainable in the eerie swamplands of Shi No Numa.

Dead Air – Secret Trophy

• Hammer Time – Repair 200 window boards.
  • It’s a Trap! – Kill at least one zombie with three different traps in a single round.
  • Weapon of Minor Destruction – Kill no more than one zombie with a nuke.
  • Perk-a-Holic – Have all four perks simultaneously active in a game of Nazi Zombies.
  • Fertilizer Man – Kill 200 zombies in a single game.
  • Deadhead – Get 150 zombie headshots in a single game.
  • Big Baller – Earn 75,000 points in a single Nazi Zombies game.
  • Big Brawler – Get 10 consecutive zombie melee kills before Insta-Kill expires.
  • Soul Survivor – Reach round 15 in Nazi Zombies without getting revived.

You’ll want to try these maps out today, as we’re running a Double XP Weekend, through Tuesday (ending 10am Pacific). You can also take us on tomorrow, Saturday June 11th, from 1-5pm PST – keep an eye out for these PSN IDs as you’re playing:

codwwTAa
codwwTAb
codwwtac
codwwtad
codwwtae
codwwtaf
codwwtag
codwwtah
codwwtai
codwwtaj

We hope you enjoy the newly released Map Pack 2 and look forward to seeing you in action! Now move out!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

iComet said:

June 12th, 11:31 am

woohoo!

NissanFlyboy said:

June 12th, 11:31 am

sweet!!!

Toke_Buddy said:

June 12th, 11:34 am

Thats great I just bought it yesterday night so im looking forward playing with you devs. =0 The Zombies are just Amazing!

XgargunoX said:

June 12th, 11:41 am

Josh I’m following you on twitter!! You should give me a code please!! My names garguno on twitter..

Nice post and I can’t wait to play this

Microshock said:

June 12th, 11:44 am

Yeah not fair, you give GiantBomb 10 Xbox Live codes but the blog nothing! :(

robmv said:

June 12th, 11:48 am

@Microshock

Not only them, to Joystiq too, that is not fair treatment to us PS3 owners, you must treat all your customers the same way, no preferences

fgump2112 said:

June 12th, 11:51 am

these maps are really good, played them all lat night.

lcmnick said:

June 12th, 11:53 am

Wicked

nuclear_predator said:

June 12th, 11:56 am

I want this – but have no money to spend! Nooo… lol

kaihopsn said:

June 12th, 12:01 pm

Exploding zombie dogs FTW… now if only we had private/party in-game voice chat… ahh to dream.

mac951 said:

June 12th, 12:01 pm

very creative psn id’s

XxDeathDoctorxX said:

June 12th, 12:11 pm

I got a ? plz reply r u guys working on a patch to fix the errors we get on it like cant host games sometimes it will keep saying searching and sometimes gotta have someone else host and than the spawns r dumb im tired of havin ppl respawn next to me or behind me and killin me wtf but r u guys workin on a patch to fix the errors with hostin and sometimes connecting with friends and i dont have dsl i got a 6 mb connection and i can host but sometimes it gets errors the patch from yesterday fix some of it but its still doing that plz reply back

XxDeathDoctorxX said:

June 12th, 12:13 pm

o ya before i forget maybe work on a patch to add upto 8 players for the new zombie map :-p i love it also any more map packs coming?

Irishmandkg said:

June 12th, 12:32 pm

could not wait for this map pack, thank god sony updated so early or else i would’ve gone crazy. The new maps are awesome except for sub pen. BRING ON MAP PACK 3! infinity ward can go suck it.

kaihopsn said:

June 12th, 12:36 pm

This was posted on the COD website re: the latest COD W@W patch:

I wanted to take a brief moment to go over what this update addresses.

This list applies to both platforms:

• Significantly streamlined MP matchmaking.
• Increased the number of safety checks in the MP spawn system to prevent players from spawning within the line of sight of an enemy.
• Implemented a new stats backup system – this system creates a regular backup snapshot of player stats; if the game detects data corruption, instead of attempting to reset the player to level 1, it will notify the player that their stats have been restored to the most recent backup.
• Addressed a rare occurrence referred to as the “dummy glitch” in MP, where players would appear to be prone in 3rd person but would have a standing view in 1st person.
• Patched several possible MP map exploits.
• Improved dog spawning in MP.
• Improved AI path-finding in Nazi Zombies to prevent potential exploits.

XxDeathDoctorxX said:

June 12th, 12:36 pm

i agree #14 inffinity ward is buy outs givin xbox map pack 1 and 2 for modern warfare 2 maps for xbox for months before we will see them and sony needs to pay for ps3 only stuff sheesh but o well bring map pack 3 on with upto 32 players permatch :-p

TerryVSL said:

June 12th, 12:37 pm

Call of Duty == FAIL

Kiddie arcade weightless gun on a stick controls.

Laughabe Wii level graphics.

Call of Duty is the garbage you get when you gimp your game to run exactly the same on the 360’s stupid 7 gigabyte DVD format and wimpy graphics hardware. Lowest common denominator garbage.

Call of Duty is the Britney Spears of FPS games.

TRIX_BOL said:

June 12th, 12:45 pm

I downloaded it yesterday… Its a very addictive DLC. By the way, could you please tell us the detail of the hidden trophy? lol

GUINNESSS said:

June 12th, 12:53 pm

@16
your mental
and it actually runs better on 360 i played around at my friends

Ymastr587 said:

June 12th, 12:58 pm

So am I correct in saying the new trophies don’t apply to other zombie maps?

Metellica505 said:

June 12th, 1:01 pm

new trophies sounds good

kaihopsn said:

June 12th, 1:01 pm

@20
Yes, the new trophies can only be unlocked from the new Shi no Numa map.

@19
Just do a quick search on youtube for “world at war dead air” …it’s very interesting :)

Bugseatbooks said:

June 12th, 1:02 pm

Does anyone know how many of these new maps allow 4 player splitscreen offline? That’s about the only time I play this game now. I was frustrated that the last map pack only had one map where you could do this.

XgargunoX said:

June 12th, 1:03 pm

@13
I heard that mp3 might come in august but idk cuz I don’t make them… I’m hoping tho!!

I sold cod 4 when cod:waw came out but I’m deffinentely not doin that when modern warfare 2 comes out… Cod:waw is awesome especially zombies… Someone should make a game just for zombies and have like 15 different zombie maps…. That would be amazing!!!

XxDeathDoctorxX said:

June 12th, 1:04 pm

@19 i had a 360 but sold it tho i know it runs the same and how am i mental? wtf

XgargunoX said:

June 12th, 1:10 pm

I got 2 questions For the devs…. What map is your favorite? And will you guys be split up the whole time or will half of you be together on one team or somethin like that?

DeadAces said:

June 12th, 1:13 pm

Might want to fix that error you have on this entry.

“You’ll want to try these maps out today, as we’re running a Double XP Weekend, through Tuesday (ending 10am Pacific). You can also take us on tomorrow, Saturday June 11th…”

Fix the June 11th to June 12th.

VampireCrazyLZ said:

June 12th, 1:26 pm

ya!!!!!!! Nazi zombies!!!!!!!! Love the zombie dogs it’s sick!!!!! You should really make a call of duty with just zombie levels and call it Call Of Duty:Zombie Warfare!!!!!!! Map Pack 3 can’t wait.BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neorudemovement said:

June 12th, 2:16 pm

W@W and treyarch equals = not good!

this is a terrible ps3 title!

i purchased the 1st one but realized what myself and everybody else really wanted was some more cod4 maps.

there is so much other good stuff on psn to buy while waiting for november.

maxpain-95 said:

June 12th, 2:27 pm

Cool Im buying dis Monday

onerockwell said:

June 12th, 3:46 pm

Do I need to buy the map pack 1 before I can buy the map pack 2 ?

RalphB__ said:

June 12th, 4:38 pm

Multi-player only? Will it work for a solo?

Thrasher20 said:

June 12th, 4:42 pm

Hell yeah!!!! I love the zombies!!

o2bbran said:

June 12th, 5:06 pm

And hopfuly the zombie game is awsome LoL the one in cod5 is getting gay LoL.

o2bbran said:

June 12th, 5:06 pm

I’m On A Boat song rocks lol

hoodwinker69 said:

June 12th, 5:16 pm

I’ve been playing the new zombie game. It is awesome. The best one yet. I like how you can go outside and it’s a large map for zombies.

SS_keyblade said:

June 12th, 5:29 pm

find the black phone ;], that’s all I’ll say

Kender69 said:

June 12th, 6:48 pm

I would have loved to checked out the game but I got the yellow light on my 60 ps3 and now it is dead till I find $150 to fix it

CMJG95926663 said:

June 12th, 8:59 pm

New maps are great, but does anyone else have a problem with “lag” since downloading these new maps?

Ravendog said:

June 12th, 10:38 pm

Hey everyone, Im Having troubles getting The MAP Pack 2. I purchased it and downloaded it, But when i attempt to install it it says ( An Error Occured During the Install Opperation: 80029564) ive already deleted and downloaded again…. :( any ideas?

Tazmainiadevil said:

June 13th, 3:05 am

if anyone has got map pack 2 or one i can he give it 2 me (add me Tazmainiandevil)

robrov21 said:

June 13th, 5:57 am

Are you kidding? These are the only pictures! Some craptacular bird’s eye map views! This stupid game needs more work than just adding more crappy maps (map pack 1 sucked bigtime), before you spend development time on more maps. how about fixing the game ruining aspects of COD 5 WaW. Liiikkee, frikkin’ Last Stand, GET RID OF IT, it’s broken. It’s severely unbalances the game. If you are shot…YOU ARE DEAD. I’ll wait for COD MW 2 thank you very much. We went back to COD 4 a few months back, still a far superior game. We need more maps for that.

Vengeful-Chaos said:

June 13th, 11:42 am

Why is it that PC gamers get the map pack for free?

arthur_reyes23 said:

June 13th, 2:10 pm

h0w can i d0wnl0ad this in here ???

XCaboose-1X said:

June 13th, 4:32 pm

Is there a patch that I am unaware of for the game? I downloaded everything like it asked me to then a message popped up after all the downloads saying “An unknown trophy initialization error has occurred. You will not be able to earn trophies during this play session.” And because of this error I can’t play on co-op or online. Its not even showing that i bought it either.

mgsfoxhound2 said:

June 13th, 10:40 pm

u have made two dlc packs for W at W , u should make another for Modern Warfare PLEASE!!!! i heard that MW did better then W at W does anyone know if u have herd around the same thing?

Tazmainiadevil said:

June 14th, 2:19 am

they will make a new cod moder warfare an 10 november it will be awsome!!!!chet it out on youtube㋡

travisaddy2007 said:

June 14th, 9:01 am

THE TROPHY TITLED “DEAD AIR” WHEN YOU GO OUTSIDE GO TO THE SHACK, OR WHATEVER YOU CALL IT, THE ONE WITH THE PERK MACHINE, AND GO TO WHERE YOU SEE A BLACK PHONE… THAN PUT YOUR CROSSHARIRS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT THE PHONE,, DONT HOLD DOWN L1.. THAN PRESS X FOUR OR FIVE TIMES AND YOU WILL HEAR THE PHONE RING , AND WAIT FOR A VOICE THAN BAM… EASY TROPHY…….

mexundead said:

June 14th, 11:29 am

my ps3 wont work after i downloaded the map pack 2 for cod world at war??? what gives??

theblackq said:

June 14th, 3:09 pm

Are the new maps on multi player mer. team deathmatches?Or only multiplayer coop

PAGE 1 2