Knack 2

Jun 25

Jun 25

Cuboid DLC Available Today

Michael Robinson's Avatar Posted by Director of Communications, Creat Studios

Cuboid DLC 4

Hey, everyone. I’m thrilled to report that the Cuboid DLC will officially be released today in the US PSN store. For complete details on all the options available, please check out my previous post.

As you may or may not have heard, we had been experiencing some technical difficulties with the Cuboid DLC Level Editor since its release in the EU. I’m happy to let everyone know that the bugs have been squashed, and everything is working now as it should be. We here at Creat Studios and TikGames sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but hope you will all agree that the Cuboid Level Editor was well worth the wait!

Cheers!

Add Your Own

Callahan09 said:

June 25th, 5:05 am

Yes! Thank you for finally putting this up! I bought all three of Creat’s games that came out early this year (Mahjong, Magic Ball, and Cuboid) and Cuboid was by far my favorite. When you guys announced the DLC for all three, the only one I knew I had to have was the Cuboid DLC, and then the others came in really fast, and I just kept…waiting, waiting, waiting, for the Cuboid DLC to hit. It’s finally here, and I couldn’t be happier!

And I hope this isn’t the last of the Creat-created levels for DLC because of the level editor addition! Nothing beats the pro’s.

June 25th, 6:26 am

Thanks so much for the kind words about Cuboid. If the demand is there, we will certainly keep making more levels for the game, cheers!

Enforcer_X said:

June 25th, 5:08 am

TOTALLY WORTH IT!
SCORE!
Love Creat Studios and TikGames!

WhiteWolfDK said:

June 25th, 5:17 am

Will buy this, loved the game and it has been played to 100%, also got almost 100% in MagicBall (96% – is completly stuck on the second last level)

Creat has made some gems and they have earned the right to the support we can give them.

//WhiteWolf

June 25th, 6:28 am

Thanks so much for the support. Lots more exciting stuff to come in 2009!

Jeigh said:

June 25th, 5:23 am

First of all, I must say I’m incredibly pleased with the fact that not only was the first post not some short, pathetic attempt at attention, but it actually seems to have had some thought put into it.

I definitely like the idea of a Cuboid editor; the game does not lend itself well to the concept of replayability as it now stands. My thanks.

jazzyrider said:

June 25th, 5:35 am

Nice! I have Magic Ball and Cuboid (haven’t tried the other games) and I agree– Cuboid is fun and my favorite from you guys!

DeforMAKulizer said:

June 25th, 5:56 am

SUPER AWESOME YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D
We <3 Creat Studios….
Can’t to see what more you have in store for us!!!

June 25th, 6:28 am

Thanks! Wait until we unleash Smash Cars on you next month!

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

June 25th, 6:02 am

um..this Cuboid game is great and the level editor just made it greater!..lol thanx creat studios..keep up the “greater” work..:p

June 25th, 6:29 am

The fact that you bought Cuboid makes YOU great, and the fact that you bought the level editor makes you even greater, cheers! :-)

SirTrigalot said:

June 25th, 6:25 am

Cool, me and the lil lady really enjoy Cuboid. We getting this after work

Nadafinga said:

June 25th, 6:37 am

Cuboid was a fun game, but after I beat it, yeah, there wasn’t a lot of replayability for me. This expansion pack is very cool, nicely priced, and hopefully worth the wait. Thanks!

One other thing- I wish the camera in the game wasn’t static, would be nice if the analog stick let us rotate around the puzzle 360 degrees so we can get a good look at it as we’re trying to figure it out.

June 25th, 6:38 am

Cool idea about the camera. I will pass your suggestion on to our producers. Thanks for your support!

Sekoku said:

June 25th, 6:47 am

Nice. But: Demo? Is there one? If there isn’t one, will there be one?

Sony really needs to start mandating demos a la XBL does. *sigh*

June 25th, 7:04 am

No demo for Cuboid and our other more casual titles, but we will have a demo for our upcoming game, Smash Cars.

Enforcer_X said:

June 25th, 6:56 am

@6
NEXT MONTH?
ROCK ‘N’ ROLL SMASH CARS!

@10
No demo needed I am telling you it’s EPIC!
So EPIC in fact, if you don’t like it I will refund your money!

June 25th, 7:05 am

Hey, are you trying to take my job?! ;-)

ghamdikh1 said:

June 25th, 7:03 am

@Michael Robinson // Director of Communications, Creat Studios

I HAVE 2 Q:

1-WILL (Mahjong- Magic Ball- and Cuboid)

STAY PS3 EXCLUSIVE???

2-IS (Smash Cars-Digger and Mushroom

Wars)GOING TO BE PS3 EXCLUSIVE???

June 25th, 7:06 am

1. For now, yes, but not sure about what the future might bring.

2. Yes, out of the gate, but not sure about down the line.

voyte4 said:

June 25th, 7:03 am

Is there going to be a bundle for the game and DLC ?

June 25th, 7:07 am

A fair question! Nothing planned at this time, but we have been discussing the possibility for sometime in the future.

mastrofallz said:

June 25th, 7:13 am

ghamdikh1 said:

June 25th, 7:18 am

@Michael Robinson

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY SAYING FOR NOW((ARE YOU

REFERRING FOR Mahjong- Magic Ball- Cuboid

Smash Cars-Digger and Mushroom Wars COMING

FOR OTHER CONSOLES OR OTHER NEW PROJECTS

FROM TikGames-Creat Studios????))

June 25th, 7:26 am

There will, of course, be more TikGames-Creat Studios projects coming in the future, and as far as being exclusive to PSN, that is the plan right now, but you never know where else our games might end up if the demand and opportunity is there.

BlindsideDork said:

June 25th, 7:33 am

Cuboid has some insanely epic music! Like almost TOO epic for a puzzle game and it was pretty sweet.

Well the DLC have new music added to it or just using original stuff?

June 25th, 7:36 am

Glad you like the music in Cuboid. Perhaps we can fire up a Cuboid world tour? ;-) Let me ask the producers about the music for the DLC, good question…

DeforMAKulizer said:

June 25th, 7:37 am

I sure hope you maintain this strong relationship with Sony, because you certainly have been showing that the PS3 lineup on the PSN has massive potential and awesome feedback!
I sure hope that down the line you have more exclusive games, and that your awesome games remain only on such an awesome platform!!! =D
PSN + Creat/Tik Games = PURE AWESOME!!!!

June 25th, 7:41 am

Thanks for the kind words. We love working with Sony – they are a great partner, and we believe strongly in the direction that PSN is going, so you will definitely see strong support from Creat Studios and TikGames in the future.

GGCAN said:

June 25th, 7:42 am

Thanks for the heads up Michael.

Great game and been waiting a bit for this.

Also love the screen saver you have for this.

June 25th, 7:59 am

Cool! We are actually working on some additional XMB themes, so look out for those in the near future!

Keebzerz said:

June 25th, 7:54 am

Well I know what I’ll be playing tonight. Thanks! Does Cuboid have a demo? I already own it and love it but I’m sure it would really help sales of the game.

MP5-PRO333 said:

June 25th, 8:04 am

I loved cuboid, it is actually one of the only puzzle games i like, but what will the price of the level creator be, when the level pack comes out i will buy that: and also, will the level pack be included in this?

BlooodyCow said:

June 25th, 8:15 am

@ Michael Robinson
Do you think it is possible to create some PSN avatars for us? Some of the characters in magic ball are cool and I would like them some of them such as the different color dragons, black cat, pirates, spike ball, and death skull. Can you please reply on whether or not this is possible? Thanks in advance.

June 25th, 8:24 am

Good question, and nice suggestion. I will email our producers to find out!

jazzyrider said:

June 25th, 8:16 am

Just wanted to confirm…the Bundle pack which includes the booster pack, ie more levels and the Level Editor– all for $4.99 still?

Or is the US only going to see separate DLC, $2.99 for the booster and $3.99 for the editor?

thanks for hard work and fun!

June 25th, 8:25 am

US does also get the Bundle Pack option for the one low price, including the additional levels, and the level editor.

BlooodyCow said:

June 25th, 8:50 am

@Michael Robinson
Again thank you for your response and I really hope you guys are able to create some avatar for the PSN for us user. The PS3 is seriously lacking in the avatar department

footballrule said:

June 25th, 8:51 am

this is geat to see! can’t wait.

RodSquad1167 said:

June 25th, 9:26 am

Nice game and all. But I still have serious issues with Lightning Speed. Seems you’re forced to cheat to get most LS scores.
Mashing the PS3 button in order to get LS scores on most levels doesn’t seem very cool. That wound up turning me off of this game.

djspinal said:

June 25th, 10:02 am

Any word on a euchre game from Creat yet? PLZ!!!!!!!!!

June 25th, 10:04 am

Nothing yet, but I can always suggest it to the all-knowing, all-powerful Creat Studios executives!

Maguss said:

June 25th, 10:08 am

Sweet, Cuboid and Magic Ball are such awesome games!!! I’m working on getting all the trophies for Cuboid right now I already got the ones for Magic Ball. Keep up the great work!!!

psdeuce said:

June 25th, 10:48 am

Any Fallout 3 DLC today? Bethesda announced late June… just seeing if they’re sticking to there release date. I mean cuboid looks decent and everything… but it ain’t Fallout.

manutcri said:

June 25th, 11:17 am

Great you kept your word two weeks tops. Would have liked for it to be release last week. This week I’m swamped with new games. But the casual vibe of Cuboid is perfect for playing between games. I’m definably getting the bundle when I get home tonight. The Level editor is going to expand this game so much.

acerazer1 said:

June 25th, 12:05 pm

I have 100% in Cuboid and Magic Ball, and 96% in Mahjong Tales. Can I get a cookie?

June 26th, 7:40 am

Of course you can. Chocolate chip or Oatmeal?

evildude683 said:

June 25th, 12:09 pm

You don’t have any idea of how long I’ve been waiting for this DLC, Im gonna play my @ss off all night!!
Thanks and keep up the good work

June 26th, 7:42 am

I hope you had a great time with the Cuboid DLC last night, and that your @ss is still in tact, cheers!

Hayato510 said:

June 25th, 12:10 pm

Woooooooo! Alright, i cant wait to download this Cuboid DLC tonight and start making some levels and tryin out the new stages too.. it was totally worth the wait! :D

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

June 25th, 12:14 pm

Can’t wait for smash cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will it have Custom soundtracks and offline multiplayer?

June 26th, 7:43 am

Should have custom music support but I will check. It will have up to six player multiplayer, but online only. The game is A LOT of fun – wait till you check it out!

plaztiksyke said:

June 25th, 1:43 pm

I want to second the comments about the camera moving. Even a sweep through the level at the beginning, or when idle (like in Flower), would make it a little less boring. (Don’t get me wrong, I loved Cuboid and got 100% of the trophies!)

The music is cool and I’d love to be able to download it separately, but preferrably in a higher-quality lossless format than the assets in the game. I’d really like for the game’s sound assets to be lossless and/or 24-bit (via DTS or LPCM), if possible.

I’m also looking forward to similar features in the next Magic Ball patch and/or content pack. Maybe a western/cowboy theme? It would be cool if Magic Ball put our avatar from Home into the levels, as well.

Thanks for the great work, keep it up! :)

June 26th, 7:44 am

Thanks for all the suggestions, and I do pass all the good ones on to our producers, so your voices are heard :-)

Slayer612 said:

June 25th, 3:30 pm

This game has taken control of me, I find myself playing it for hours. Even replaying levels I completed.

I won’t be able to get this bundle at the moment because when you guys delayed it, I bought the COD Map Pack 2 but I will definitely get it.

I have a question though. Will we be seeing custom soundtracks for this game anytime soon? Also, one more request. Even though we have the level editor, I would love to see more created levels from the Dev’s, I will even pay for them.

June 26th, 7:47 am

Please, regain control of yourself from Cuboid. I would feel terrible if your friends and family could no longer interact with you because has too firm a grip on you.

Anyway, there is a free patch that will give you custom music support, so you are all sorted there.

Gringo234 said:

June 25th, 4:32 pm

It’s their a demo for the PSN game? I wanna try it before I buy it.

Thanks.

djspinal said:

June 25th, 10:03 pm

thx michael. tell em in home avatar players 2. luv cuboid will get new content soon, promise.

GrooThePerverted said:

July 1st, 9:42 pm

I’ve had NOTHING but problems with Cuboid since downloading the bundle booster pack (including level editor).

My save data has been corrupted three times since doing this (none before).

I’ve created seven levels, however everytime I log in it seems to check on the download stats/ratings, there’s some missing ONLINE.

Now (last I checked about a half hour ago) there’s only two listed when you hit SQUARE and look all levels by user.

This is making me mad, and I’m pretty fed up with Cuboid. I love the game, but this is making it impossible to play it when every other time I start it up the save data was corrupted and it starts me all over again.

I had 100% trophies (still have them) and all the puzzles done except for the new ones, and seven created levels.

Now I have two created levels and no puzzles done.

If there’s not a patch coming to fix whatever problem this is (assuming it’s not just me having these problems) then there’s no sense in me playing this anymore and/or putting money into another project by these creators.

GrooThePerverted said:

July 2nd, 9:24 am

Update: I deleted the game, and reinstalled the game + DLC and the save got corrupted again.

Getting ready to log on line to see if any of my levels are still online.

Nope. Just one level now.

Screw this. This DLC is trash.