Marvel's Spider-Man

Jun 25

Jun 25

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone –

It’s time again for the weekly PlayStation Store Update.

Downloadable Games

Droplitz ($9.99)
Immerse yourself in this addictive puzzler that’s all about strategically twisting and connecting mismatched dials to save precious droplitz. Just making a single junction is child’s play; can you master the art of the combo or will you let your pipes runneth over? With four unique play modes, a variety of board sizes, and infinite replayability, Droplitz promises to drain all your time away.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 144 MB

PSone Classics PS3 / PSP

Mobile Light Force ($5.99)
This classic vertical scrolling shoot ’em upbrings all the best of arcade action games into your home.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 69 MB

Game Demos (free)

The BIGS 2 Demo
The BIG LEAGUES just got BIGGER! The BIGS 2 allows fans to experience heroic gameplay, legendary game modes and incredible player models. Experience a 3 inning game between the American and National League All Stars, as well as Home Run Derby Pinball in the all new Las Vegas level. The BIGS gets BIGGER 7.7.09!
File size: 562 MB

Add-on Game Content

High Velocity Bowling 60’s Surf Ball Pack ($0.99)
File size: 5.08 MB

High Velocity Bowling Tiki Polynesian Ball Pack ($0.99)
File size: 5.52 MB

LittleBigPlanet Summer Solstice Costume (free)
File size: 1.04 MB

LittleBigPlanet Artists Sitcker Pack – Jon Burgerman ($1.99)
File size: 1.04 MB

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Wombat Signature Livery Pack (free)
File size: 100 KB

Cross Edge Mystery Synth Pack (free)
File size: 111 KB

Cross Edge Mighty Rare Pack (free)
File size: 111 KB

Cross Edge Additional Dungeon 1 (free)
File size: 111 KB

Disgaea 3: Absence Of Justice Class World Command Attack Mode ($3.99)
File size: 1.23 MB

Cuboid Bundle Pack ($4.99)
File size: 100 KB

Cuboid Level Editor ($3.99)
File size: 100 KB

Cuboid Booster Pack ($2.99)
File size: 100 KB

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• “Chalk Dust Torture (Live)” by Phish ($1.99)
  • “Down With Disease (Live)” by Phish ($1.99)
  • “Sample In A Jar (Live)” by Phish ($1.99)
  • Phish Live Track Pack ($5.49)

File sizes: 52 MB – 63 MB (singles), 169 MB (track pack)

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Little of Your Time” — Maroon 5 ($1.99)
  • “Makes Me Wonder” — Maroon 5 ($1.99)
  • “Wake Up Call” — Maroon 5 ($1.99)
  • “Maroon 5 Pack 1 ($5.49)
  • “21st Century (Digital Boy)” — Bad Religion ($1.99)
  • “The Downfall of Us All” — A Day to Remember ($1.99)
  • “The Flood” — Escape the Fate ($1.99)
  • “I Didn’t Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard” — Chiodos ($1.99)
  • “Reinventing Your Exit” — Underoath ($1.99)
  • Warped Tour 2009 Pack 1 ($8.49)
  • “Alive” — Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • “Brother” — Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • “State of Love and Trust” — Pearl Jam ($1.99)
  • Pearl Jam “Ten” Bonus Pack ($5.49)

File sizes: 21 MB – 42 MB (singles), 94 MB – 140 MB (track pack)

Game Videos (free)

File size: 51 MB (HD)

The BIGS 2 Legendary Catches & Big Slams
File size: 50 MB (HD)

The BIGS 2 Teaser Trailer
File size: 78 MB (HD)

PS3 Themes

Battlefield 1943 Theme (free)
File size: 3.77 MB

Elven X III Theme ($1.49)
File size: 5.95 MB

PlayStation Store for PSP

Downloadable Games

Brothers in Arms D-Day ($14.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
On the night before D-Day, the 101st Airborne parachuted behind enemy lines in Normandy. The hopes of the free world rested upon their shoulders.
ESRB Rated M
File size: 1.05 GB

Chessmaster: The Art of Learning ($19.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
The world’s best program for beginners and advanced players. Play the best selling chess program for the first time on PSP.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 84 MB

Driver 76 ($19.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
Take to the streets of 1976 New York, in this action packed, Hollywood style driving game, where you can become the ultimate godfather of the street racing!
ESRB Rated M
File size: 637 MB

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ($19.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
Based on the CGI TMNT movie, Ubisoft’s TMNT video game takes place in New York City, a city plagued with fast-moving shadows and attacks from strange creatures. Could the wealthy and mysterious Max Winters be involved? New York City needs the Turtles now more than ever but they face their most trying time both as heroes and as brothers.
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 864 MB

Add-on Game Content

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce Pack 2 (free) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 1.13 MB

Rock Band Unplugged (also available from PS3 storefront)
Build your Rock Band Unplugged library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Afterlife” — Avenged Sevenfold ($1.99)
  • “Dr. Feelgood”— Motley Crue ($1.99)

File sizes: 20 MB – 22 MB

PSP Themes

Elven X PSP Theme 5 ($0.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 545 KB

Elven X PSP Theme 6 ($0.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 661 KB

Add Your Own

Trieloth said:

June 25th, 3:01 pm

Sweet more Cross Edge goddies FTW…again! :)

emiru69 said:

June 25th, 3:03 pm

hahaha sure, it does not have sense to ask Sony when a game for ps3 going to be release thanks for your knowledge!

emiru69 said:

June 25th, 3:03 pm

hahaha sure, it does not have sense to ask Sony when a game for ps3 is going to be release thanks for your knowledge!

mastrofallz said:

June 25th, 3:05 pm

@102.

Lets say you own a grocery store. And I am the CEO of a major shipping company.

And I tell you that your groceries will be there in a day.

But then, due to an engine failing, it takes 2 days.

Now you are pissed, right? I said one day, but it actually took two. But now people are actually going to be blaming you, not me. I can delay it for a week and everyone would be cursing at you.

The same scenario is happening here.

katsuo7171 said:

June 25th, 3:12 pm

Why is the rating on this a 2.97? It’s a pretty good update. Granted it’s not the best but it deserves more along the lines of 3.89 or so…

Anyways I’m not a big baseball fan but DAMN the BIGS 2 demo is AMAZING!!! Everyone sports fan or not must play the game it really is amazing.

Lokiroo420 said:

June 25th, 3:12 pm

@104

Your little metaphor would make sense if you never told the grocery store when the food was being delivered and he just had to wait and see. But you are communicating with him giving him some kind of idea of a delivery date, here on this blog and with Sony in general, communication isnt part of the vocab.

Gr00v3r06 said:

June 25th, 3:13 pm

Do want Peggle. Where is it?

Well congrats on the PSOne release. Man where did you find this one? Is next weeks PSOne release Sabrina the Teenage Witch or V.I.P.?

tearsofash said:

June 25th, 3:16 pm

Really!?

Gunbird is on PSN now? (Mobile Light Force)

That is somewhat unusual.

Yardragon said:

June 25th, 3:17 pm

where in the hell’s the first part of dlc for FO3?

ProwlingFox said:

June 25th, 3:26 pm

i say Sackboy should be the PS3’s mascot.

INTVGene said:

June 25th, 3:27 pm

The PC Demo is out for Trine… don’t know what Sony’s waiting for. As usual, Sony’s late to the party…

emiru69 said:

June 25th, 3:27 pm

to mastrofallz:

I understand your point. But with your example at least Im been able to communicate with CEO of a major shipping company, that shipping company it will explain me the problem and when (approximately) that problem is going to be fixed.

Here more than 109 messages and no answer, that’s the problem. And the problem its not with Sony, it’s with Sony Usa, in Europe the communication between the company and the players is much better. A lot of players in the Usa are feeling like an ugly date, waiting for the call, checking every Thursday if you got the game that you were waiting for. The problem its not with the releasing dates is with the lack of communication between the users and Sony.

BigPoppaB said:

June 25th, 3:32 pm

The one week i cant download anything (surpassed monthly bandwidth limit)… and theres a worthwhile demo (the bigs 2)

BlackLemonade said:

June 25th, 3:36 pm

Thanks for keeping the PSone titles coming, can I get an amen for some Tomba! or Tomba! 2 love soon?

Seems like they would play great on the psp, and they are Sony owned.

whyteboyfresh said:

June 25th, 3:40 pm

Where is fallout 3 operation anchorage, it’s supposed to be released in late June and there’s no thursdays left!!!!!!!!! CMOn PLAYSTATION

jqtaxpayer said:

June 25th, 3:40 pm

Where is the Fallout 3 DLC? I thought Operation Anchorage was coming in late June, and this is the last Thursday in June. :-(

Jetup said:

June 25th, 3:43 pm

I’m still waiting for Chrono Cross
But good update d-_-b

Jetup said:

June 25th, 3:44 pm

I’m still waiting for Chrono Cross
But great update sony d-_-b

AceGamer84 said:

June 25th, 3:49 pm

I’m still waiting for ‘The Last Guardian’ trailer to make it’s way to the PSN. Of all things E3, the one trailer that I want, is not there.

emiru69 said:

June 25th, 3:49 pm

Thanks Jetup for your comment! I forgot about that game! It would be great to have Chrono Cross!

whyteboyfresh said:

June 25th, 3:51 pm

Screw Bethesda they like xbox way. More than us and ive had it I love fallout but idk if I am going to buy operation anchorage, any one know bethesdas number? Message me on pan, thanks

Nonstop_Madness said:

June 25th, 3:57 pm

Sony cant put things on PSN if the companies making the game arent ready to put them on.

sNsKid said:

June 25th, 4:00 pm

Droplitz is not worth $10 in my opinion.

Wasn’t Mobile Light Force released in 2007 for other territories? o.O’
The game looks interesting, but mang does it load like crazy.

The BIGS 2? Really? Are you serious? @_@

Today is clearly about Cuboid and PSP games.

Next week we get Punisher No Mercy and I can’t wait.

ShatteredRaven77 said:

June 25th, 4:02 pm

what the Heckle & Jekyll happened to the frackin Fallout 3 DLC??? so now we cant trust all the news about end of june dlc for it??? thats frackin cacapoo!

crXss said:

June 25th, 4:04 pm

I seriously hate most of the themes that the PS Store has. Can we have more legitimate VIDEOGAME Themes and Avatars please?

LordChocoSlime said:

June 25th, 4:04 pm

[This post ONLY refers to this week’s PS Store for PSP Update.]

It’s definitely great seeing such a meaty PS Store for PSP update this week. Sadly, the only thing from this update that slightly interests me is Mobile Light Force. While I’m a fan of vertical-scrolling shooters such as the Raiden series, I really wished that SCEA gave the PSN download of this game a much better cover. Mobile Light Force’s original U.S. cover art was not only one of the tackiest U.S. box arts ever but also very misleading. Aside from that, thanks for the update.

Dave18901 said:

June 25th, 4:04 pm

When will Battlefield 1943 be out because I need to know whether I should buy a Playstation Network card for it or just buy Battlefield Bad Company with the saved money. I’m not waiting past this weekend since I get my fixed Playstation3 back tomorrow (curse you yellow light of death), hope the news is out by then.

mknightstalkerx said:

June 25th, 4:08 pm

An ok update. But where is the fallout 3 DLC at?

Thrasher20 said:

June 25th, 4:10 pm

MAMA SE MAMA SA MAMA COO SA…

LordChocoSlime said:

June 25th, 4:13 pm

[This post ONLY refers to this week’s PS Store for PSP Update.]

On second thought, I’ll just pass on Mobile Light Force. I just read about the changes made to this U.S. version of Gunbird and I often avoid games/anime/etc. that has been altered that much. Thanks for the effort nonetheless.

DustyBlue said:

June 25th, 4:16 pm

Exactly what 27 said. Where are they?!

Poacher619 said:

June 25th, 4:17 pm

Lame update. They all can’t be good. This one proves it.

ShadOforce said:

June 25th, 4:23 pm

Next week is July. May we have Fat Princess then?

May we have more of a release date for it than “this Summer” or “Sometime during Summer”?

Could we at least get the month it’s going to be released in?

RecSpec said:

June 25th, 4:23 pm

I was really hoping for Freedom Unite since Europe is getting it as a downloadable game.

Seriously, I am interested in a PSP go! but when you aren’t releasing new games on the store, why should I look forward to it?

haran_elessar said:

June 25th, 4:24 pm

When will Wipeout HD Fury come out??

kKrySh12 said:

June 25th, 4:25 pm

thats what im saying, the lack of communication is atrocious. not everyone is retarded and we know there isnt going to be an amazing update every thursday but at least interacting with us and listening/commenting would be rather nice.

take a note outa the eu playstation blog and learn to communicate. this is a blog isnt it?

MegadethAndy said:

June 25th, 4:26 pm

Damn, no content that should have been here (Fallout 3).
By the way, euro blog so far has 214 Responses | 24 Replies on their store update.

mckg123456789 said:

June 25th, 4:27 pm

Disgaea 3 DLC, sweet! ill be getting that with the valkyria chronicles 2 pack :)

Gringo234 said:

June 25th, 4:30 pm

Nothing really worth downloading for me this time around.

Opeth-BR said:

June 25th, 4:34 pm

US Store could have a Super Stardust HD price cut like the EU store..

And please release wipeOut HD Fury soon, the waiting is killing me.

ratchetfan24 said:

June 25th, 4:36 pm

This sucks, 2 lame weeks in a row. I used to look forward to Thursdays, now not so much.

I wanted 1943, FO3 DLC, and/or new Zen boards. Or at least something that I wanted to check out!

I got…nothing, no demos I wanted, just more songs for crappy music games I don’t own, DW junk, MORE LBP stuff and who keeps buying premium themes anyway?

Enigma777 said:

June 25th, 4:36 pm

wow… really lame update this week… only thing I’m slightly interested in that Darksiders video

Tikicobra said:

June 25th, 4:37 pm

No Fat Princess, Trine or Ghostbusters demo? :(

Again, I am disappointed.

infamousXX87XX said:

June 25th, 4:37 pm

I bought Droplitz …its actually a good game.

Nice job Atlus

emiru69 said:

June 25th, 4:39 pm

I agree with MegadethAndy and kKrySh12, 143 Comments and 0 Replies, it’s sad, is there anyone there? Hello? +_+U

SkyNet003 said:

June 25th, 4:43 pm

A boy and his BLOG

Woo hooo!

emiru69 said:

June 25th, 4:54 pm

WRONG! 145 boys/girls and their blogs

PIRATKOPIA said:

June 25th, 5:23 pm

Not great releases at all, for my part. Still waiting on Pixel Junk : Shooter and Fat Princess.

norm01 said:

June 25th, 5:23 pm

Hmmm. How about explaining this way to you guys who are impatient? A game isn’t ready to be released, so it doesn’t get released. Would you prefer that it gets released and have it be buggy and require patches all the time? We have to be careful what we wish for. There have been a few games whose names I won’t mention that have fallen into the mentioned category, which ended up disappointing people. What the people want is not necessary what we need.. sometimes. Patience is key. It’s not like we are in 2006 where “there are no games for PS3”. :P

sNsKid said:

June 25th, 5:33 pm

From internet rumblings BF 1943 should be out next week or the week after.

MvC2 won’t be out until late July or sometime after that.

I don’t even think the FO3 DLC is even finished and if it is it still has to be tested.

PixelJunk Shooter is coming later in the year.

I have no idea when Fat Princess will see the light of day.

Sony loves to makes us wait for the games we really want.