Marvel's Spider-Man

Jun 26

Jun 26

inFAMOUS Facts, Figures, and Future

Katie Reid's Avatar Posted by Senior Public Relations Specialist, SCEA

Ever wonder what goes into the making of a video game? The July issue of Game Informer reveals a number of fun facts from the Sucker Punch team regarding the development of their super-hero exclusive, inFAMOUS. We thought we’d go ahead and share a few of our favorites from the issue and also the development team with you!

• In addition to the kitchen espresso, the inFAMOUS team traveled to Starbucks approximately 18,200 times. Two groups of 10 people per day, five days a week.
  • There were 10 inFAMOUS babies born during development. One employee had two during that time.
  • It took over 70,000 separate art, code and media check-in submissions to make inFAMOUS.
  • The inFAMOUS team consumed 17,472 cans of diet Coke and 13,104 cans of diet Pepsi during development.
  • There were no less than 14 high rise buildings constructed within 3 blocks of Sucker Punch’s offices during the inFAMOUS development cycle.

Here are a few more fun facts about inFAMOUS worth mentioning…

• inFAMOUS is the fastest demo to reach the 1 million milestone on the PlayStation Network.
  • According to a recent NPD report, inFAMOUS was the fifth best-selling software title for the month of May after being on the shelves for only 6 days (the title launched on May 26).

We’ve also got a new video to share… check out this walk-through video of the Titanic Beatdown mission with commentary from Sucker Punch Game Designer, Darren Bridges.

But wait, we still have one more fun fact to share with you all…

We’re excited to announce that a new inFAMOUS space will be launching in Home very soon. We’ll have a lot more details on the new space for you all next week, so please stay tuned!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

BlooodyCow said:

June 26th, 11:11 am

Please release DLC for this game. I will but them all

Thrasher20 said:

June 26th, 11:12 am

LOL the inFAMOUS BABY BOOM!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL!

H3llMafia said:

June 26th, 11:13 am

Can’t wait to see the Home space!

PullusPardusUS said:

June 26th, 11:13 am

10 babies? O_o
Shocking

PHANTASMN707 said:

June 26th, 11:14 am

Any plans for DLC? inFamous is an excellent game with great replay value. DLC would just be icing on the cake.

Unless the cake is a lie ;)

adolson said:

June 26th, 11:16 am

That’s a TON of aspartame… :\

RGS-14 said:

June 26th, 11:19 am

I already got a Platinum on this game.

You guys should release some DLC that lets Cole use his electric powers to fly around the City.Kinda like Static Shock.
And some new missions of course.

IrishPete333 said:

June 26th, 11:19 am

One woman had 2 babies? She was a busy lady ; ) Nice work guys, loved the game!

Atomika14 said:

June 26th, 11:21 am

“There were 10 inFAMOUS babies born during development. One employee had two during that time.”

The developers at Sucker Punch are Love Machines…

Enforcer_X said:

June 26th, 11:21 am

SWEET!
Coke FTW!

Cool with the Home space but how about some inFAMOUS DLC! =)

I’ll pay …

LordMetzen said:

June 26th, 11:21 am

Custom Soundtracks and that Slow.Mo Feature you use during trailers and previews…

Not difficult to implement, and guarantees more replay value for most of us…

Besides you don’t need to make a DLC feature, just a patch I think?

Regardless its a great game, and those were really good fun facts lol. Congrats to the parents (you know, infamous counts as a child for most of the developers at sucker punch right?).

KonfusedKat said:

June 26th, 11:21 am

I loved Titanic Beatdown. lol

depward said:

June 26th, 11:22 am

Hey, Sucker Punch seemingly prefers Coke over Pepsi… very nice!

RGS-14 said:

June 26th, 11:22 am

I already Platinum’d the game.
You guys should release some DLC that makes Cole use his Electric Powers to fly around the city, kinda like Static Shock.
And some new missions of course.

Zookey said:

June 26th, 11:23 am

I love data like this:-)

reson8er said:

June 26th, 11:24 am

First of all congratulations on putting out the most fun I’ve had in an open world game since GTA Vice City.

Second Congratulations on all those Babies! Any of them named Cole, perhaps? lol

I would love to see some added “danger” patched into the end game. It took a real long time to grind XP once I cleared the game and city streets, to complete my powers.

I love this game, and as others have requested would love some DLC. Perhaps a new island with new problems/villans?!

TheThunder2008CA said:

June 26th, 11:25 am

wow the demo reached a million faster than Killzone 2 and Resident Evil 5 o_O !!

DkillRuler09 said:

June 26th, 11:30 am

yea, some dlc that would allow u to fly on a piece of electrically charged metal!that would be awsome….

ZereoX said:

June 26th, 11:31 am

This game is great! I definitive buy.

[DELETED]

Berae said:

June 26th, 11:33 am

Nice!! i really love those stats from games and developers, there should be more

Infamous was an awesome game and i cant wait to see what the home space looks like.

BabeBro said:

June 26th, 11:39 am

Please give us downloadable content for this game! Many people are done playing it and crave more!

MeltTech said:

June 26th, 11:42 am

I may pick this up on the way home tonight.

Enigma777 said:

June 26th, 11:43 am

I loved that mission. Except I was a coward and I stood on the edge near a power source and brought down the lightning storm till everything was dead :)

MP5-PRO333 said:

June 26th, 11:43 am

Any word on a bug patch, i actualy fell under the map last time i played

CosmycMyndFuhk said:

June 26th, 11:44 am

That’s is pretty interesting, I wonder if they kept track or just did some quick mathematics from a few control days.

JBruno said:

June 26th, 11:46 am

One more to ask for a New Missions DLC. Infamous is suck a great game.

Another great thing if possible is give now the damn Gigawatt Blades for all owners, I dont live in USA, so I couldnt get the game from Gamestop.

GGCAN said:

June 26th, 11:47 am

Thanks Kate.

Infamous Home space sounds excellent and I agree with a few others here…DLC would be appreciated.

Munkeh111 said:

June 26th, 11:49 am

Thanks for this, I have just a couple more questions:

1. How many people worked on this game?

2. How large was this game’s budget?

Darkos87 said:

June 26th, 11:50 am

You guys are awesome, thank you for such a great game.

ikillu said:

June 26th, 11:52 am

Infamous is great i hope DLC will be availible :)

IceReign said:

June 26th, 11:54 am

Plz Plz make some DLC

bleucheese7 said:

June 26th, 11:56 am

Awesome game. Maybe some new DLC or more side missions.

the main thing is inFAMOUS CLOTHES LINE. i would love to get a reaper hoodie, especially the conduit white hoodie. that would be sweet.

Next up is Sly 4 right?

Blkant said:

June 26th, 11:57 am

Yes! Coke wins again! Stupid pepsi, when will you learn -_

And as for the employe who had two babies during development, you guys clearly aren’t working him hard enough for him to giving that much over time at home.

Also, after the home space, is there anything else planned for the future of infamous besides a potential sequel?

BigRon3400 said:

June 26th, 11:57 am

First off, InFamous is a great game. I agree with everybody wanting DLC. I think that would be sweet. As far as what kinda of DLC, I want a new game plus mode. I want to play the game from start to finish with the fully upgraded powers. Also I think someone should make Cole a cheesy superhero costume as another skin. And please, please, please give us an Evil Cole, Reaper (white and red), Kessler, Sasha,and Trish outfits for Playstation Home. Also custom soundtrack would rock.

justaccording said:

June 26th, 11:57 am

The Titanic Beatdown mission would be a good theme for a DLC level where we could customize the different enemy’s to battle and just go crazy. That was perhaps the best missions…other than Terror bus in the game. Unleash Lighting Storm and watch the bodies fly!!

Jeigh said:

June 26th, 12:01 pm

After the first two or so times of seeing such statistics about what went into making games, I stopped be surprised. I assume a lot of those were estimates taken from averaging out the habitual habits of the employees? What would really be impressive is if journalists staked out your garbage cans, rummaged through your trash, followed you home and observed you and came back with some solid, highly intrusive, potentially illegal stats. :P

I really would love to get around to playing inFamous some day, but before I get it, I need to get my PS3 repaired and I have no idea when that’s going to happen. Keep Cole warm for me, will you?

OnesOwnGrief said:

June 26th, 12:05 pm

*SPOILER ALERT*

DLC would definitely be good call. I’m interested to see what happened with Sasha after you follow the inFamous path and more about this threat they threw at us at the end of the game. Also, whats up with Zeke, he didn’t exactly disappear of the face of the earth.

VixDiesel said:

June 26th, 12:10 pm

DLC would be awesome. I loved this game. Played through it twice already and will be hitting a 3rd soon.

Would love more missions or even an online mode of some sort.

r-nice said:

June 26th, 12:13 pm

More developer commentary videos would be sweeeeeet. That was one of my favorite things about the first Sly Cooper.

Link01 said:

June 26th, 12:14 pm

I know they said they wouldn’t…….. but PLEASE RELEASE SOME DLC!

Incubuster said:

June 26th, 12:18 pm

I would like to give you guys some more money, please release DLC. :)

DonnyG said:

June 26th, 12:19 pm

Soundtrack?

PoloM29 said:

June 26th, 12:19 pm

@ 11
That patch sounds real nice. BTW im almost platinum…..Let’s see that Home Space!!!

ADR143 said:

June 26th, 12:21 pm

DLC would be awesome

Vengeful-Chaos said:

June 26th, 12:22 pm

It was all that caffeine that gave them energy to make those babies.

station3fever said:

June 26th, 12:27 pm

good short game :( 3 sites only

MadmanEU said:

June 26th, 12:28 pm

Whats the word on a patch for the ability to see what shards and stunts you’re missing after finishing the game? The game is perfect save for the after-game where it falls apart at the seams for having NO replay value at all since you can’t find anything you need since there is no ability to find unfound objects.

Belmonth said:

June 26th, 12:31 pm

haha I was scrolling down and only read the part “We’re excited to announce that a new inFAMOUS” I was like omg new one? then scrolled back up and read it and was all like T_T

joseph2411 said:

June 26th, 12:37 pm

I Want DLC, please tons and tons of DLC…add like 20 more islands…wait maybe i am exaggerating a bit but the fact is that I really really want DLC for this game!!

Ashkental said:

June 26th, 12:37 pm

DLC Would be GREAT, i have 2 types of DLC you could make:

– Expand the campaign a la Epilogue on Prince of Persia

– Special location that you could put any enemies and do battle against

Oh and Give us the Gigawatt blades for godsake! I live in Brazil and here we don’t have ANY GameStop so how am i supposed to enjoy the game at it’s fullest?

PAGE 1 2 3