Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jul 02

Jul 02

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Pre-Order Goodies

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

Hi all,

We know a lot of you Ratchet & Clank fans are looking forward to the return of everyone’s favorite intergalactic duo this fall in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. As we gear up for launch, we wanted to fill you in on some pre-order programs for the game which kick off today! Here are some of the cool R&C goodies you’ll get when you pre-order Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time:

Discovery Package – Explore the Insomniac Moon, a special level that resembles the layout of the Insomniac Games’ offices! Scattered through this museum-like level, you will discover a moon’s worth of extra content that didn’t quite make it into the game.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Discovery Package

Power Package –The Power package includes an exclusive weapon skin for one of Ratchet’s weapons. You will also start the game with extra hit points, and Ratchet’s brand new Cryo Mine Glove, a weapon that freezes enemies! (This pre-order program goes into effect over the next few weeks.)

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Power Package

Bolt Package – The thrifty gamer will find lots to love in this exclusive Bolt Package! Start the game with two of Ratchet’s most bolt-centric power-ups — the Bolt Magnetizer and Box Basher, and you will discover your galactic bank account has already loaded with 5,000 bolts when you start the game.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Bolt Package

Space Package – The Space Package offers an exclusive hotrod skin for Ratchet’s ship, the Aphelion. You also will start with 5,000 bolts as well as an exclusive Ratchet & Clank PlayStation Home Avatar Skin!

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Space Package

You can find these pre-order programs at retailers like Amazon.com, Best Buy, Game Crazy, GameStop and/or other participating retailers.

That’s it for now, but there’s plenty of Ratchet & Clank goodness coming your way the next few months. Next up for the Insomniac crew is Comic-Con, so stay tuned for a whole slew of new info and gameplay later this month!

Add Your Own

ADR143 said:

July 2nd, 12:45 pm

cool

almighty-slayer said:

July 2nd, 12:45 pm

You made the incomniac museum a preorder bonus??

Epic fail. Thanks a bunch insomniac.

Chaos_Bladez said:

July 2nd, 12:46 pm

This is ridiculous. I hate these stupid pre order “bonuses.”

Having one is bad enough but having 4 is too much.

The Insomniac moons used to included in the game, why does it have to a special code?

This is damn ridiculous and it’s not just you Insomniac.

I just hope Best Buy has the good one…

commedieu said:

July 2nd, 12:48 pm

bleh.. I understand the whole “if ya cant beat em join em!” but the game industry is getting garbage. For reasons just like this.

Its all becoming about JUST money/extras and no longer the quality actual product being made. Insomniac, you guys make some amazing titles. They are all full worth 60 dollars as it is.

Sucks that you have to get dragged into this nonsense.

As a consumer paying $60.00 for the product, id love to have everything everyone else has w/o dealing with the 12 year old at Gamestop telling me that my PS3 is a failure.

KwietStorm said:

July 2nd, 12:55 pm

I don’t know how I feel about all these games with exclusive content for pre-ordering. It just comes off as store making deals with publishers to push sales, while gimping others out of the extra content. But I don’t want to get anything that will make the game easier from the start anyway. It’s basically using cheat codes.

SteveMcQwark said:

July 2nd, 1:00 pm

@152:

Think about it for a second:

The IG Moon (museum) is a whole level devoted to a bunch of things that didn’t make it into the game. This is a lot to store on disk without any means for the majority of purchasers to access it.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

July 2nd, 2:36 pm

Sure is.

It\’d also be unfortunate if our friends in Europe, Japan, and South America could never access it too, eh?

SagiMewtwo said:

July 2nd, 1:00 pm

As much as I love these pre-order deals, I extremely hate that it’s spread across different retailers, most of them un-available to Canada. I’d be more for one package everyone gets regardless of retailer. Doing it this way pisses me off and probably other fans who want everything as well.

NeodeosX said:

July 2nd, 1:00 pm

YOU complainers, should be ashamed to behave like that…

After all, it’s true that Insomniac has always ignore the fans… * sarcastic *

It’s pretty obvious all of this content will be made available for anyone later.

I think everyone here should be truly happy to learn that the IG MUSEUM is back, as all of you, who are always complaining about everything and nothing, have been asking and begging for months…

Anyway.

Thanks James for your answers, and thank you Insomniac for giving your fans so much attention.

RenorMirshann said:

July 2nd, 1:01 pm

Hmmm…I really don’t like this “bonuses for pre-order!” trend… I would be confused if I lived in America. But I’m in Eastern Europe, and we will probably get nothing like that, only the game, and overpriced. Bang! Problem solved.

Shame the Insomniac Moon won’t be on disc, though.

moog said:

July 2nd, 1:05 pm

Nice to see lots of responses from James!

I hope you guys have fixed the bolts count bug. My six year old has played through Tools at least five times, his bolts score are around 1/2 billion. It’ll increase and then a planet or two later, he’ll be set back to be in the 400mil range again. It’s not as if he spends it, there’s nothing left to buy!

WERALLGOIN2HELL said:

July 2nd, 1:12 pm

this pre order insanity has to stop…

Tikicobra said:

July 2nd, 1:16 pm

I’m not a fan of pre-order bonuses, but you guys are being really hard on Insomniac. It’s a sales technique, and if you were game developers you’d understand, I’m sure. It’s not like Insomniac doesn’t care about their fanbase, but if they don’t get enough sales then it’ll be hard for them to make more. It would be like buying cereal, hating it, and then buying it again.

Also, to the guy who said Quest for Booty and Resistance 2 were mediocre, they’re not. Quest for Booty is short, but it was the most enjoyable 4 hours of any Ratchet and Clank game. Resistance 2 wasn’t exactly Resistance, but it still had awesome multiplayer.

Evilincarnate_ said:

July 2nd, 1:20 pm

Thank god another R&C game! I’ve played through Tools five times now. Huge fan of Insomniacs work and the game is a day one purchase. I don’t care for the pre-order stuff, because I enjoy unlocking stuff the old school way. The game is looking great and I can’t wait.

Zookey said:

July 2nd, 1:28 pm

Can we buy the rest as DLC? I don’t like being barred out of certain DLC contents (like having to go an eternity without the Heavenly Sword in LBP….)

Exclusive DLC=not win

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

July 2nd, 2:40 pm

If you have followed us with our past pre-order bonuses, you know we like to make sure those get out to folks.

spunnups said:

July 2nd, 1:38 pm

I love Insomniac, but I’m PISSED about this. I hate these pre order programs, who the hell thinks this up? You , sir, are retarded.

spunnups said:

July 2nd, 1:43 pm

I take it back, like a few others when I first read this, I was mis lead. If everything there is attainable after working towards each in the game, then i’m not at ya anymore Insomniac.

KazeEternal said:

July 2nd, 1:46 pm

how long do we have to wait before we can buy these off the PSN I’m not going nuts over pre-order bonus’

Enigma777 said:

July 2nd, 1:51 pm

Gah… I [DELETED] HATE store-exclusive pre-order bonuses! Especially things that actually affect the game! And to add insult to injury, Gamestop (those [DELETED]) always get the best bonus!!!

I want the discovery package, but Gamestop will never see any of my business again, so I pretty much get a big “[DELETED] You” from Insomniac. If you don’t want me to buy your games, just say so….

milo128smith said:

July 2nd, 1:52 pm

Can canadians get the pack with the home costume? You picked a store that’s not out in Canada for the main thing that was going to make me finally play this series (i’ve heard great things about it just never really felt like buying it before).

UNCLEBEATDOWN said:

July 2nd, 1:59 pm

I have to say that Ratchet and Clank is my favorite PS series. It took a lot for someone to convince me to finally give it a try because I didn’t think it would be for me, but after the first hour of Up Your Arsenal, I was completely hooked. I can’t wait for A Crack in Time!!

As for the preorder items…why are people complaining for getting bonus stuff? Have you never gotten preorder bonuses before? You are given a code that you must redeem to get the items. So you can still preorder and not use the items people! Or you can man up (or woman up) and start on a harder difficulty. Either way, as long as I can get the game asap, I don’t care WHAT comes with it. I can’t wait!! BTW, thanks for letting us know that R&C Future saves will help out..I’m going to go back and find all the bolts and power up all the weapons!!!

Finally, to me, it sure seems like that other Lombax has a pretty big role in the game…here’s hoping for some possible new gameplay possibilities with him!!!

PanZ said:

July 2nd, 2:08 pm

I don’t know why everyone is so mad. I personally am getting the Discovery pack which is available at Gamestop. That seems to be the only one that has something (besides possibly the skin for the ship which I don’t care about) that you won’t eventually get in the game. The Home avatar skin I am sure you will be able to buy if you really want it and the other upgrades and weapons including the Cryo Mine Glove are most likely available later in the game. With the pre-order you just choose to start the game with them instead of earning them later.

ynp7 said:

July 2nd, 2:08 pm

Can you guys PLEASE stop doing this sort of thing? Retailer-specific game content clearly has shown to be a financial winner for you guys (or at least the jury is still out, because you keep doing it) but it’s incredibly annoying for the people who buy your games. I was probably going to pick up a copy day one but now I’m leaning against it. There are a ton of other great games coming out this fall for me to spend my money on and I’d rather support the developers who don’t play along with this sort of retail shenanigans.

If the folks at Insomniac had this pushed on them by Sony I really feel for you guys, but it’s gotten out of hand and it’s gone way past acceptable.

Tcav16 said:

July 2nd, 2:17 pm

Wow Insomniac I love you I’m thinking about pre-ordering everywhere so I can get everything!

JaKhris said:

July 2nd, 2:26 pm

I’m happy to see we’ll be able to unlock all this stuff later in the game… (except the HOME costume, I presume)

And…a special skin for Aphelion? Are you bringing back ship customization? :)

I’m from France so I guess I’ll start from square one, which I prefer. :)

Although, if there’s a collector’s edition, I might rethink importing from UK if only USA gets it (just like I did for Resistance 2).

Well, that’s what I have to say, can’t wait to discover more about ACIT when Comic-Con comes around. :)

Insomniac Rocks,

Chris

Nightmare142 said:

July 2nd, 2:27 pm

Ok, Amazon has the “Bolt Package”, and Ebgames has the “Discovery Package”.But who is selling the Space Package? :(

je-saist said:

July 2nd, 2:39 pm

I have to say, the add-ons for this just scream DLC.

emiru69 said:

July 2nd, 2:39 pm

The idea is ok but the problem is the with the stores. Even some hardcore gamers had a hard time understanding this post imagine when you get the newby clerk and… well… good luck trying to explain all this to him/her. Again the idea is original but a bit too complicated. Hell, it took me 1 month to get the damn DLC from InFAMOUS in gamestop.

nerdmanwhippy said:

July 2nd, 2:40 pm

Looking forward to this game even more now, gonna have to go preorder for my moon tomorrow :D

Kind of curious if this game will be supporting 1080p or still 720p? Trust me I have nothing against 720 it still looks very beautiful especially did in tools of destruction, just simply curious.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

July 2nd, 2:49 pm

720p, but it will support scaling to 1080

zero914 said:

July 2nd, 2:44 pm

Im looking forward to the discovery package. thnx for reminding to visit the museums from before! i love insomniac :)

LeChuckie said:

July 2nd, 2:44 pm

This has to stop.
I live in the UK so am unsure how this affects me, but I would be just as pissed off if this happens over here.

CPU1 said:

July 2nd, 2:50 pm

@48
Read the last package agian…

SSJShadowX said:

July 2nd, 2:51 pm

Only the Insomniac moon seems worth getting. All the others you can get by just playing the game longer.

TheBlah11 said:

July 2nd, 2:53 pm

so will we be able to get everything as dlc eventually or not. thats my only question. im sure if u answer that less people will wanna kill u——- ignore i said that but seriously that would calm alot of people down if you answered that. with detail too. PLEASE ANSWER

Griffins22 said:

July 2nd, 3:11 pm

Will there be a Collector’s Edition?

zabian227 said:

July 2nd, 3:31 pm

I have to say I’m highly disappointed to see Insomniac getting it wrong by offering in-game incentives like this. If they have to do something, make it a plushy or bonus DVD or something.

Erdie said:

July 2nd, 3:33 pm

Aw, shucks. I always wanted some pre-order goodies for this franchise, but I like unlocking stuff! This is more of a “con” than a perk to me! Something we can touch next time, pretty please?

Only kidding. I’ll still pre-order it since I’ve got plenty of Amazon funny money to burn.

Fishpillow123 said:

July 2nd, 3:36 pm

Lost sale here. I don’t even feel like finishing Quest for Booty….ugh. I’m truly sorry I spent the money on it.

bullseyetag01 said:

July 2nd, 3:44 pm

My question is, is there any way to get all of the packages without reserving several copies?

Schmeidenkamp said:

July 2nd, 3:52 pm

This is honestly pretty terrible. Probably sounded good on paper.
1. In game bonuses are ALWAYS lame.
2. Different items at different retail locations are ALWAYS lame.

TheSorrow_101 said:

July 2nd, 3:57 pm

Cristian, will these pre-order offers also be available at UK Retailers ?
I’m going to be so annoyed if they dont…

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

July 2nd, 5:03 pm

Hi TheSorrow_101.
    We can\’t confirm anything at the moment, but we (or Europe) will be sure to let you know what their plans are for these offers.

Thanks!

TheSorrow_101 said:

July 2nd, 4:00 pm

Are these deals going to come to UK Retailers ?

Jeigh said:

July 2nd, 4:18 pm

I’m surprised it took until mid-page 3 for the stupid to subside. SteveMcQwark nailed it on the head- most of these things will be available at some point in the game- these pre-orders just bring them into your hands a little earlier. And the skins? They’re SKINS! Are you all seriously whining that your weapon will be blue instead of maybe having a little skull sticker on the side? They’ll function EXACTLY THE SAME! The planet… Well… Insomniac, you know I’m your biggest fan (so, what, that means your No. 1 fan is coagulation of like 700 or so people?) but they have their point there…

Keebzerz said:

July 2nd, 4:26 pm

Multiple stores?’

“Didn’t quite make it into the game?” … except it did because you’re making it available game day 1 with a preorder unlock code.

INSULTING.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

July 2nd, 4:31 pm

No these are features that never got quite working for the game itself. If you\’ve played any of out previous \”museum\” levels, it\’s a collection of the features that were cut from the proper game.

MegaClank said:

July 2nd, 4:27 pm

Say we pre-order, do we get something physical so we can cancel the pre-order?

SteveMcQwark said:

July 2nd, 4:30 pm

Seiven said:

July 2nd, 4:36 pm

forget the nay sayers Insomniac, you make great games and pay fan service every chance you get. I am tired of people who REFUSE to pre-order ANYTHING and then complain when they can’t find it on day one because places are sold out. Saw it with SFIV and many other titles recently with a couple of friends…I keep telling them: shut up and pre-order you have nothing to lose (I mean really…are they worried about “interest” on $5…at the current rates?)

Insomniac thank you for so many great games…I will faithfully devote portions of my paychecks to you forever more.

…now I have to figure out how to get them all like I did with LBP…hmmmm…*goes away scheming*

abort_user said:

July 2nd, 4:44 pm

yeah i think ill go preorder so i can get things that either should have come with game or what looks like cheat codes!

i was looking forward to this game (minus the stupid name change). i was going to buy this game but i might wait and buy it used instead!

JUST BECAUSE THERES A SUCKER IN EVERY CROWD DOESNT MEAN THE REST OF US WILL TOLERATE THESE UNSCRUPULOUS BUSINESS PRACTICES.

Griffins22 said:

July 2nd, 4:50 pm

Please answer! Will there be a Collector’s Edition?! I don’t care if you just say “We can’t answer that” just please respond! I’m sick of being ignored.

bamak93 said:

July 2nd, 4:52 pm

Well, initially, my response was similar to that of the other posters.

but then i read the response about the malikov and grim skins, and that made me realize that all of this is temporary. it is with most every preorder bonus. put simply, it’s a reward for NOT waiting. you know, buying all the hype. but then, it ALWAYS ends up being available again in some form.

however, being a hardcore R&C fan, i’m really put off the idea of preordering now. I wanna wait and earn all of this stuff, especially the museum ( >:) ) all on my own.

Griffins22 said:

July 2nd, 5:05 pm

Thank you! I’ve been asking for months if there was going to be one. Thanks for the answer.