Horizon Zero Dawn

Jul 21

Jul 21

SingStar Update: Kasabian, The Hold Steady and More

Nina Scherer's Avatar Posted by Content Manager, SCEE

Hello again!

It’s time for the SingStore update and without further ado, let me introduce you to this week’s brand new tracks.

SingStar must-haves this week include ‘Smooth Operator’ by Sade, Gloria Estefan’s ‘Dr. Beat’ and Roy Orbison with ‘I Drove All Night’. For all fans of the hottest tunes of the moment there’s Kasabian’s recent single ‘Fire’ plus some great tracks by Coldplay, The Hold Steady and P!nk.

We’ve recently had some reports from the community about ‘Charmless Man’ by Blur being slightly out-of-synch. I’m glad to say that this has been fixed so if you have previously downloaded this track, please delete it from your hard drive and re-download it from the store anytime after Thursday and everything should be ‘nanananananananaaananaanaaaaa’ again.

SingStar Queen - CrazyLittleThingCalledLove

Also, for those of you eagerly awaiting the release of SingStar Queen, we’re happy to announce that the release date for the standalone disc has been pushed up and SingStar Queen will now be available for purchase on August 4.

Speak soon,
Nina

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

TRIX_BOL said:

July 21st, 11:17 am

Nice, Queens for me then.

madmikefisk said:

July 21st, 11:19 am

Great to hear for everyone looking forward to SingStar Queen… got a copy from the UK and have been enjoying it to bits. Some really fantastic stuff for people there.

Shanic77 said:

July 21st, 11:19 am

2nd?

Shanic77 said:

July 21st, 11:20 am

3rd >_>

TRIX_BOL said:

July 21st, 11:23 am

I’ve tried to get a SingStar game, but they just keep coming more and more of them.

kassatsu said:

July 21st, 11:27 am

Can’t wait for SingStar Queen.

How about some Michael Jackson songs on the store :o

Thrasher20 said:

July 21st, 11:28 am

The Queen one should be epic son.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

July 21st, 11:28 am

Lol what the hell? Where are the songs? I only saw 4 songs mentioned, plus 3 more artists….lol Sony don’t care about Singstar, especially not Singstar US.

Nina Scherer's Avatar

Nina Scherer said:

July 22nd, 1:25 am

Oh yes we do :)

Sorry, I usually publish the full tracklisting on the EU blog so apologies for the hicup. It is my first time on here so in the upcoming updates, I\’ll make sure all tracks get posted for you!

themm said:

July 21st, 11:29 am

lol i don’t play it but Kasabian! I’m on fiiiiiiiiiiiire :D cool song

LokeSTL said:

July 21st, 11:32 am

WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!

Elsa said:

July 21st, 11:34 am

Oh wow… glad to see Singstar Queen’s release date has been pushed up!

DeviantBoi said:

July 21st, 11:38 am

How about some more Killers and Green Day tracks?

SomberResplend said:

July 21st, 11:49 am

Thanks for these updates! Glad to see the support from the US blog.

jelly_bean said:

July 21st, 11:54 am

That’s more like it… Thank you for your support overseas… Hoped for a 2nd Roxette Songpack but I guess we’ll have to wait a little more :)

Nina Scherer's Avatar

Nina Scherer said:

July 22nd, 1:26 am

Not that much longer, I promise!

mafia28 said:

July 21st, 12:06 pm

I just recently got into singstar and im lovin it but can you guys make an MJ singstar? I now that would sell crazy!!!

TerryVSL said:

July 21st, 12:06 pm

What a joke.

How F-ing hard could it have been to cut and paste the COMPLETE list of songs in the update post?

And yet another post and run where no questions get answered.

“Don’t buy this product because we just don’t F-ing care” is all this blog entry says.

Nina Scherer's Avatar

Nina Scherer said:

July 22nd, 1:28 am

Sorry you feel that way but I hope you\’ll keep with us until we can get this up-and-running properly.

Cheers,
    Nina

tearsofash said:

July 21st, 12:16 pm

Queen got pushed up!!

ShadOforce said:

July 21st, 12:16 pm

Where’s the interview with Titan Studios? Has that taken place yet?

Powerlunch said:

July 21st, 12:21 pm

Sony work on Top 20 Billboard artist and digital releases. Enough with Singstar CDs. Work on updating the SingStore. By the way, I bought the wireless mics from an online store in Europe. Link to Uk online store http://www.game.co.uk/

mastrofallz said:

July 21st, 12:25 pm

@10.

You’re an idiot.

ZAANOS said:

July 21st, 12:32 pm

Would love to see some Muse and more Keane on SingStar. Please SingStar DepecheMode!!! I would buy that in a heartbeat.

LokeSTL said:

July 21st, 12:41 pm

@mastrofallz

What are you, 12? I’ve been playing Singstar since they released on the PS2. They announced Bluetooth mics with the release of Singstar PS3, but didn’t come through. They’ve since released wireless mics in Europe, but still haven’t released them in the U.S. This is the place to leave feedback.

You may want to take a look at your comment and then a mirror.

Tommy_Kazama said:

July 21st, 12:42 pm

Sweet! Thanks for the update, Nina. I’ll definitely be downloading some more Coldplay.

About the multiple singstar volumes…When will we be able to download tracks onto the harddrive for a small fee (a-la Rockband)? Disc-swapping all night zaps the fun out of the event.

Or at least, would it be possible to put those Abba, Queen, Vol 2, and Vol 3 songs on the singstore so we can purchase them?

Nina Scherer's Avatar

Nina Scherer said:

July 22nd, 1:32 am

Pleasure.

Ah, you\’re not the only one to mention disc-swapping. Let\’s just say we are very aware of what all of are asking for but unfortunately, I can\’t give you any more details at this moment in time because because I simply don\’t know.

nx

Metellica505 said:

July 21st, 12:46 pm

cant get enough coldplay

Krazie_Paul said:

July 21st, 12:46 pm

YES!!!! I LOVE SADE!!! CAN YOU PUT THE SWEETEST TABOO ALSO!!

jipmg said:

July 21st, 1:04 pm

Hey is it true that SING STAR MICHAEL JACKSON is coming?

RuthlessEd said:

July 21st, 1:24 pm

I don’t see the purpose of disc-based add-ons for a game like this.

I’d love to buy SOME of the Queen songs, but just don’t want to pay so much to get the whole collection. Same deal with ABBA.

Put the songs in the store and ditch the disc.

Nina Scherer's Avatar

Nina Scherer said:

July 22nd, 1:34 am

Hi, we would love to put Queen on the store for you but it is not as easy as it sounds, I\’m afraid.

INTVGene said:

July 21st, 1:47 pm

Nice to see Singstar updates on the US blog. Now, give us more US-centered artists… U2… Bon Jovi… Foo Fighters.. GNR… etc.

dsigns209 said:

July 21st, 1:53 pm

Will the Queen songs also be available in the singstore?

Nina Scherer's Avatar

Nina Scherer said:

July 22nd, 1:34 am

I\’m afraid to say not at this moment in time for the US. Sorry.

ArcadeToken said:

July 21st, 2:20 pm

How about SingStore and SingStar Online site that actually stays online? More often than not, I get connection errors when trying to access the online features.

MGteuzin said:

July 21st, 5:44 pm

I have LBP ever since it came out but i never got the platinum trophy, so i ask you 2 help me by hearting me and my levels. If you want i will even heart you and your levels. PLEASE HELP!!!!

waddling_penguin said:

July 21st, 6:38 pm

SCEA, how can you screw this game up as much as you have?
You continue to release physical discs and close to completely ignore the on line Singstore? I don’t know. I give up. if you want more from someone who actually cares:
and
sigh, so close yet so far.

Soundatron said:

July 21st, 8:19 pm

Never played Sing Star but I love Queen enough to try it out. Will there a version of Sing Star Queen bunlded with the mics though?

saintaqua said:

July 21st, 9:23 pm

Thanks Nina.
For those of you who have Singstar, visit my profile: saintaqua and leave a comment and I’ll repay the favor.
I need those trophies for the page visits. ^^

megamanny said:

July 22nd, 6:38 am

Nina – I’d appreciate any info you can provide about getting a new SingStar Country disc. I bought it for my wife at Christmas and haven’t ever seen a response about what to do to get a replacement. I (and many others on the boards) have never been able to prevent it from hanging up at 100% loaded. Our guess was there was a bad production batch. Can you help? Thanks!

Nina Scherer's Avatar

Nina Scherer said:

July 22nd, 9:17 am

Hi – I\’m afraid I won\’t be too much help as I look after the SingStore only. There should be a number with the disc you can call? Sorry I can\’t help any more on that one.

waddling_penguin said:

July 22nd, 7:48 am

I just don’t see how Rock Band and Guitar Hero can continue to release huge amounts of DLC of various artists/genre/styles to millions of players yet here we are with SingStore…page after page of songs no one has really any reason to be hyped about. Sigh.
I would love to love Singstar (and by extension, Singstore), I would LOVE to give them my money (actually already bought over 30USD worth, but I want so much more…).

Please just make it happen, no more excuses. Please?

reubensitos said:

July 22nd, 8:39 am

Are we going to ever see any Singstar Latino Tracks make their way over here to the states? We have a large Latino base here and I know I dont speak just for myself, but if you want our $, we will buy them. I see La Oreja de Van Gogh, Alejandro Sanz etc on the Singstar Community Site video uploads, I would buy every one of those for sure.

Nina Scherer's Avatar

Nina Scherer said:

July 22nd, 9:19 am

I think you might get your wish very soon ;)

SAMUELBRAZIL said:

July 22nd, 11:03 am

Man the music chain Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, the latest of Britney Spears Man we put more pop and putting the updates in the U.S. that Europe and much better than us.

sanzre said:

July 22nd, 11:22 am

I second reubensitos request for more Latin tracks, how about some Juanes, Mana, Shakira, Julieta Venegas, or the content you guys have published in the past for Spain in the ps2 discs ?, several of them have latin tracks as the original signstar, singstar party, singstar pop or what you plan to release in singstar clasicos and singstar vol.3.

sanzre said:

July 22nd, 11:24 am

by the way reubensitos if you change the language to spanish you should be able to buy the available spanish tracks from the store, not all of them thought, some Bose tracks for instance are not available

SAMUELBRAZIL said:

July 22nd, 11:33 am

Hi Nina Scherer I am here in Brazil is very successful here SighStar people like this where everything Beyoncé, Shakira, RBD (Rebelde), A New Pack Roxette, The Corrs, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, Lady gaga, Tears for Fears, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion is on Us only in European accounts. answer me please.
I am giving some idea, I will always be here waiting update. why can not update the songs every week?

StalkingSilence said:

July 22nd, 12:30 pm

Very excited that you’ll be posting the full list next time (in 2 weeks)! I love it when Tntnnbltn puts his lists together with YouTube links for the songs, but don’t know if that’s legally feasible to do on the PS.Blog.

Thanks for all the SingStar support. I’m just getting back into the game and put up some new videos (PSN: StalkingSilence). It’s really a great community. Hope you all beef up the features too!

Suggestion: although we all rate songs by the star system, you should have a HEARTED option. Where you can pick your favorite (hearted) media. That way people can see what my five or ten all-time favorite videos are. Allows for highlighting forgotten clips, since the rating system is filled with trophy hunters and everyone seems to get high stars.

SAMUELBRAZIL said:

July 22nd, 12:37 pm

Hi Nina Scherer.
I’m from Brazil.
Everybody here likes SinsStar. People here would like to have the songs of those singers: Beyoncé, Shakira, RBD (Rebelde), A New Pack Roxette, The Corrs, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, Lady Gaga, Tears for Fears, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion (She´s in the European accounts, why not in the US accounts?).
Answer me please.
I will send some ideas, I will always be here waiting update. Why they can not update the songs every week?

milo128smith said:

July 22nd, 1:10 pm

I was wondering if there is any plans to bring the singstar home space and trophy unlocks to NA.

StalkingSilence said:

July 23rd, 4:45 am

Holy crap, just listed to “The 4 of Us – Mary” which is coming to EU this week on the SingStore. I HOPE WE GET IT, TOO. That song is great. If it doesn’t work out this week, please try to bring it state-side in the future updates. Great timpani portions.

StalkingSilence said:

July 23rd, 5:50 am

xxCLOUD4xx said:

July 23rd, 7:19 am

I need some help please, i downloaded the jackson five, but when i went to sing it its not there, its on my purchase history, but i went on to manage songs to delete it so ican download agin but its not on there so i cant download it again, any ideas would be helpful thanks

Mox007 said:

July 23rd, 7:47 am

Will we ever see Spanish songs that are popular in Mexico or Tejano music in Singstar? The Spanish songs that are in the Singstore seem to be very European (Spain). I would love to see Mana, Juanes, Selena, Los Bukis, Mazz, etc in the store.

Powerlunch said:

July 23rd, 11:25 am

—Nina

It seems that you don’t really have direct influence on the content that is included to the SingStore. But my wife has some requests so I’m telling you so you can pass it on. B-52 Love shack and Bon Jovi. And I would like to know the reason why Queen can not be added to the US SingStore for download if it is available in UK?
Thanks

Nina Scherer's Avatar

Nina Scherer said:

July 24th, 1:40 am

Hi Powerlunch,

Tracks are added to the store as and when they become available. Unfortunately it\’s not as easy as just picking them and putting them up there, believe me, I wish it was!

Tell your wife that all she is waiting for is on our wishlist but again, I have no indication as yet on when and if they will appear on the SingStore in the near future.

Hope this helps,
    Nina

Mox007 said:

July 23rd, 12:49 pm

I can answer the Queen question. Singstar Queen is coming out next month. That is why will not see any tracks on Singstore for the time being. Perhaps by Christmas we may see some Queen downloads.

PAGE 1 2