Marvel's Spider-Man

Aug 10

Aug 10

Heavy Rain Interview – Submit Your Questions!

Chris Morell's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

gamescom Cologne starts next week, and of course, we’re getting some quality time with Heavy Rain developer Quantic Dream at the show. So you know what that means — we need your questions!

You’ve no doubt recently seen or read about the game, whether from our E3 virtual booth tour or the PlayStation.Blog.Europe‘s Friday interview with Guillaume de Fondaumiere, Executive Producer and CEO at Quantic Dream.

So once again, we’re opening the door to you! What do you want to know about Heavy Rain? Do your research, then drop your questions in the comments section below.

Heavy Rain Screenshot2

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

LokeSTL said:

August 10th, 11:42 am

“This Photo is Currently Unavailable.”

That stinks! Well anyway, like, 1st or something….

Chris Morell's Avatar

Chris Morell said:

August 10th, 12:04 pm

It vanished out of thin air! It\’s back now :-)

LokeSTL said:

August 10th, 11:45 am

…oh, I know!

1) Will Heavy Rain play any differently on the PS3 slim?

2) Do you think that the PS3’s drop in price will spur sales of Heavy Rain?

Chaos_Bladez said:

August 10th, 11:45 am

This (Gamescon) is where you guys are gonna reveal the PS3 slim right? :D

I actually don’t have questions for Heavy Rain. I want to all be new when I play it. :D

BulletTooth228 said:

August 10th, 11:46 am

I want to know, if i was to play the game in a enjoyable way, meaning not rushing, how long would the game take..

Example mgs4 took me 25 hours.. should i be expecting around the same amount of “gameplay” for this game?

I also want to know if co-op will be an option?

Axlander said:

August 10th, 11:46 am

What is the release date?

Midgetguy said:

August 10th, 11:46 am

Thanks Chris for taking our questions!

I keep hearing about how the game is supposed to be emotional, and deal with a mature sense of emotion, but I’d like to hear more about that aspect of the game and its story. Will the game feature a broad spectrum of emotions? Does Quantic Dream expect a very strong emotional response from the players of the game?

I’m going to be honest, I have very high expectations of this game emotionally. I’ve told myself since I first heard about it, “This is THE game that will make me cry!” I’d like to ask the developers though, if they think that the game is emotionally powerful enough to make players cry?

Thanks again Chris! And I’m looking VERY forward to the interview!

Daniel_Gonzz said:

August 10th, 11:47 am

1.) How long will Heavy Rain be?

2.) Does it have puzzles?

I’m really looking forward to this game. :D

Jim777 said:

August 10th, 11:47 am

About how long will heav rain be?

What have you guys done to up replay value?

Will there be any Playstation Home support?

evildude683 said:

August 10th, 11:47 am

This Game looks really good, I can’t wait to play it.

I just hope is in full 1080p

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

August 10th, 11:47 am

2nd..i hope..if not watever..HEAVY RAN BETTER BE GOOD!…cuz according to the game play ive seen lately..the graphics is the only thing that is impressing me.so MY question would be..IS THERE ACTION?

SPARDA said:

August 10th, 11:51 am

I know this game is going different than anything else we have ever experienced this generation.
So….No Question here..JUST tell them to take their time to deliver a very polished finished product.

ACDarkKnight said:

August 10th, 11:51 am

Can’t wait for this game! I really want a release date! So my question is when does this game come out!

NeoGuardian86 said:

August 10th, 11:51 am

Only one question really.

1) What is the length of the game from beginning to end? For each specific character, and the one play through (obviously you can play the game differently the next time through).

BabeBro said:

August 10th, 11:52 am

1) Will Heavy Rain support PlayStation HOME?

2) How many different endings will it have?

3) Is the entire game based on button sequences?

4) Does the game have 1 main character or many characters that can be considered the primary focus of the game?

stlthriot said:

August 10th, 11:53 am

How much can you effect each cutscene? They are all rendered in real-time, correct? Even the intro sequence? :)

lilshawn2012 said:

August 10th, 11:53 am

will heavy rain have any ps3 features 4 it like take in-game screenshots or like upload vidoes to youtube like some of the psn games

McFearson said:

August 10th, 11:53 am

from what I’ve seen a lot of the action in this game is quick time events… how many times can you miss something before you kill off one of the characters?… i’m really not too great with quick time events :(

skynidas said:

August 10th, 11:54 am

1) How are you handling the trophies in the game?

2) What did you learn from Indigo Prophecy?

TwiztedR3DHead said:

August 10th, 11:54 am

this game maybe epic

TailsTheCat said:

August 10th, 11:56 am

When?

WillKills_M said:

August 10th, 11:57 am

1. Will each play through be different after completeing the game?

2. How many hours of game play is there?

3. Is there any unlockables?

4. How will the trophy system work in ties with the game? And how will they be recieved?

5. Will there be a sequal?

6. How many FPS will it run at? And what max resolution will it run at?

7. Will there be a system install and if so how much?

8. Will there be downloadable content?

9. Will there be unlockable HOME content?

10. How many characters are playable?

MeltTech said:

August 10th, 11:58 am

1) How many PS3s failed on you during development?

2) Did my PS3 last the life span I was expecting for paying $600?

Absolutely not!

3) Do you feel the $150 ‘repair’ fee is outrageous? Paying 25% of retail price for a console, just to have it repaired seems way more expensive that the $600 retail price at launch.

4) Is Heavy Rain worth me having my PS3 repaired? Even if Sony Consumer Services says it could fail again in 2 days?

Honestly, the game looks great. Too bad my PS3 FAILED before the games release.

CHRP718 said:

August 10th, 11:58 am

Has working with Sony been everything you thought it would be?

Have you thought about joining Sony Computer Entertainment World Wide Studios?

Have any Sony developers offered any tips/help or asked you for advise/help with the PlayStation®3?

BulletTooth228 said:

August 10th, 11:59 am

1080p would be so sweeeeettt..

And replay value.. what are you bringing to the table in this area??

stlthriot said:

August 10th, 12:01 pm

– Is the game engine for Heavy Rain a modified version of anything previous or built up from scratch?

– What graphical effects are you using that are noteworthy of the HD generation? Like lighting and particles, etc.

– Can you change camera angles and/or rotate & move the camera during cut-scenes?

– It would be awesome if you had something similar to the Killzone 2 “Behind the Bullet” interative feature, maybe unlocked after you finished the game and played again, where you could see different effects shown and pause and manipulate time/speed of cut-scenes. :D

xfer said:

August 10th, 12:01 pm

Do you think Heavy Rain will start a new era of games, where game complexity reigns over “stunning” graphics? (This current gen has nice graphics but mediocre game engines / complexity. Look at all FPS around for good examples)

BlindMango said:

August 10th, 12:01 pm

what’s your estimate, will this game be rated M or AO? I am really interested in getting it but i’m afraid I won’t be able to get away with getting an AO rated game.

StMerc said:

August 10th, 12:01 pm

Looks perfect for motion controls. Any plans to include them or maybe later in a patch?

SHPLIG said:

August 10th, 12:03 pm

Boobies?

GAM3R_16 said:

August 10th, 12:03 pm

will there be a demo?

BlooodyCow said:

August 10th, 12:03 pm

This is a serious question to ask the developers.

– Can we have some Heavy Rain avatar? Some of the characters look badass, and would like some avatars.

– How is HR different from you previous games other than the story, characters, graphic, and setting?

MoneyMaker110 said:

August 10th, 12:04 pm

i want to know if it’s possible to get the ‘taxidermist’ demo on psn as a demo to get the feel for the game play? i read it wasn’t connected to the story so it won’t spoil anything. i had fun with indigo prophecy, even though i never finished it.

MixPix72 said:

August 10th, 12:04 pm

roughly how long will this game play?

neosk said:

August 10th, 12:05 pm

So I presume since this game is pretty massive It will take a whole lots of space out of my hardrive just like MGS4???

TheWarOrphan said:

August 10th, 12:06 pm

How much resources of the PS3 has you guys managed to utilize. I’m curious on how much percent of the ps3 is used to make this game run, SPU speaking… Thanks QD!

lobotomies4free said:

August 10th, 12:10 pm

(to david cage)

1. Where would you like to take games from here? What kinds of conceptual goals do you have beyond this project?

2. Do you like working in this sort of vacuum or do you look forward to this being a competitive genre?

Snake3388 said:

August 10th, 12:10 pm

It’s been mentioned before that if the current character dies, the story will continue with another one. With only four main characters, though, what happens if all four characters die? Is there any way (other than a possible gamesave) to go back once a character has died (like a continue option)? Will there be any special rewards for being able to complete the story with only one character?

Thanks!

DGjake said:

August 10th, 12:11 pm

Will we see Heavy Rain Before December?

ns_sikje said:

August 10th, 12:14 pm

do i need to have played a previous game (fahrenheit) to understand the story and charectres?
Does the game runs in full-HD?

flipfito said:

August 10th, 12:14 pm

Is it a free world type game like you can walk or drive to your destination or does the game automatically loads you to the location?

Barnolde said:

August 10th, 12:16 pm

1. How many different playthroughs will it take to see everything?
2. What did you learn from Fahrenheit and how did that influence Heavy Rain? The ending of Fahrenheit was heavily criticized, how has that changed your approach to Heavy Rain?
3. Are you working with Angelo Badalamenti again for the score?
4. Fahrenheit was a mostly realistic game with a believable, contemporary setting that delved with the supernatural, is Heavy Rain going to be more realistic?

ynp7 said:

August 10th, 12:17 pm

What are the trophies going to be like for Heavy Rain? Will there be just one way to play through to get all of them or can you get all of them in different ways in a single play through? Or will multiple play throughs be required to collect them all?

What’s the ratio of progression trophies versus collection trophies, such as investigating x number of objects or whatever?

Heavy Rain seems like a game that could really use the trophy system to encourage multiple playthroughs and exploring the story from different angles, if they are handled well, or it could reduce to exploration elements if they are applied too rigidly leading players to just use a guide to follow the “best” path.

Ejsponge61 said:

August 10th, 12:22 pm

Will you have lisesnced music in the game or will it be your score throughout the whole game?
How “mature” will the content in the game’s story be?

djspinal said:

August 10th, 12:23 pm

How does this game differ from a branching laser disc game like dragons lair, other than mo-cap and blue ray?

Should I wait to buy this game used?

Y is there so much hype behind this one?

Is it true the best of this game was revealed with the demo cast interview?

whoTHEdog said:

August 10th, 12:25 pm

1. Will we be seeing more games take advantage of the engine you use in Heavy Rain by you guys or other developers?

2. Will there be easter eggs in the game!?

Can’t wait for Heavy Rain, a breath of fresh air it is.

furianer1188 said:

August 10th, 12:25 pm

Was it hard to program Heavy Rain for PS3?
Do you think you reached the ps3 limits?
Will there be a Collectors Edition?
Release date? ;)

moog said:

August 10th, 12:25 pm

Will the game have save anywhere like Oblivion, or will it be a time-drain like GTA?

XxDeathDoctorxX said:

August 10th, 12:25 pm

hey my ? is will heavy rain push the ps3 power and if not how much % of the ps3 power will it use plz answer that?

IceCold said:

August 10th, 12:25 pm

I really liked the cinematic feel of Mass Effect. I know this is a very different game, but how
1. will Heavy Rain bring in that emotion, decision choice, mood into the game?

2. Will certain decisions change the outcome of the game play.

3. Will each play though be different?

Homer-BY said:

August 10th, 12:26 pm

Are they planning any DLC?

PAGE 1 2 3 5