Horizon Zero Dawn

Aug 14

Aug 14

MAG Arrives on January 26, 2010 – Jump into the Shadow War at PAX Seattle Blog Meet-Up

Seth Luisi's Avatar Posted by Director of Development, SCEA

We know you have been eagerly awaiting news to find out when you can finally become one of the 256 operatives in a MAG battle…you’re in luck. The team at Zipper and SCEA are happy to announce that MAG will hit North American retailers on January 26th, 2010.

We also know that many of you have an itchy trigger finger, so we’re making sure that you have plenty of opportunities to experience the battle before launch. Many of you were fortunate to have some time with MAG at E3. Now the Shadow War continues at PAX; Join Zipper, SCEA, Jeff, Chris and fellow PlayStation.Blog readers for a MAG-centric community event in downtown Seattle. The event is scheduled for Friday, September 4th from 6:00 – 9:00 PM PDT. 200 lucky PS.Blog readers are invited to attend the 256-person function and get hands-on with a new MAG map. Members from the MAG team at Zipper will be on hand to take your feedback and answer your questions. SCEA will also be showing off the new PSPgo and a few upcoming PSP titles.

All you need to do is be one of the first to RSVP below and choose which private army you plan to join. By now, you’ve read and heard some of the information on the three PMCs in MAG—Raven, Valor, and S.V.E.R.—and it’s time for you to start choosing your allegiance. Be prepared to stand up for your private army.

And if you can’t make it to PAX, we’ll be doing something special for a select group of PS.Blog readers, so stay tuned for more details. We’ll also be releasing more information on the MAG Public Beta very soon.

Battle lines are being drawn in the Shadow War and no mercy will be shown after January 26th, 2010. For those of you who were unable to attend E3, here’s the first Web release of the MAG E3 trailer. We’ll have new assets coming very soon.

Add Your Own

DANO69 said:

August 14th, 10:45 am

There’s the SOCOM KILLER SETH !!!!

DANO69 said:

August 14th, 10:48 am

I’ll sure as hell will wait way after release any thing your apart of SETH that’s a promise..

rmx687 said:

August 14th, 10:49 am

Kinda bummed out about Q1 2010, I guess I’ll have to get Modern Warfare 2 now…

I’m coming to this! Should be great to take a break from PAX, everyone shoving Bungie down your throat and play some stuff I’m actually looking forward to.

Cobra1 said:

August 14th, 10:50 am

Should we bring donuts? Can’t wait for the start of the event! See you then!!

VanilaGorila-x- said:

August 14th, 10:51 am

Registered for the event. I can’t wait to get some hands on with MAG. Thanks for the news Seth

Peace,
VG

MGSTigerFox said:

August 14th, 10:51 am

I am very happy to hear that MAG will be released at the end of January. Hopefully by then I should have enough money saved to buy it! I am looking forward to participating in the Beta test for the game, and I hope I can help weed out any bugs or questionable items in the game. I wish I could attend PAX, but alas, I live in Alabama, and there’s hardly ever anything at all to do with video game conferences taking place in the southeastern United States. Thanks for the release date confirmation!

HongoXIII said:

August 14th, 10:51 am

This looks very good. I can’t wait.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

August 14th, 10:53 am

MAN IMA PUT THIS IN CAP…ZIPPER MESSUP UP GIVING SOCOM TO SLANT6..AND RUINED A TERRIFIC SHOOTING GAME FR THE PS3..NOW THEY COME OUT WITH MAG..A FPS ONLY..WOW..ANOTHER RUINED GAME..WTH IS WRONG WITH ZIPPER…I USE TO LOVE THIS COMPANY…NOW IM JUST VERY DISAPPOINTED..OOH AND 256 PLAYERS ON ONE MAP..I HOPE EVERYONE NJOYS LAGGIN..CUZ NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO..IT WILL HAPPEN!! ESPECIALLY WITH 256 ON ONE MAP..GOOD LUCK ZIPPER..THIS GAME WILL ONLY BE IN MY PS3 IF THERE A HALF PRICE DISCOUNT..:P

TheGuardianFID said:

August 14th, 10:56 am

AWESOME!!! I’m looking forward to this MASSIVE game!!! :D

xRobby said:

August 14th, 10:57 am

Awesome! Can’t wait to try this out and I hope I get accepted into the beta *crosses fingers*

TamarindLAZ said:

August 14th, 10:57 am

The game looks great, but I really hope you guys bundle it with a headset.

thepatriots said:

August 14th, 10:59 am

Wow, games looking good. BTW what was the music for that trailer? It was pretty epic. Probably in house, but if not I would love to know its title.

Zezzler said:

August 14th, 11:01 am

@RynoIV
and you’ve owned a PS console for how long?

C-DaBurna-B said:

August 14th, 11:06 am

BOOO ITS GONNA SUCK ANYWAY

FIX SOCOM CONFRONTATION

MAG WILL BE TRASH, BATTLEFIELD/COD RIP OFF WITH A 256 PLAYER GIMMICK

MAKE SOCOM OR DONT MAKE GAMES AT ALL

HELL MAKE SOCOM 2 IN HD ALREADY YOU BUMS

QCVic said:

August 14th, 11:06 am

Alright a set date! I can deal with that!!

SPARDA said:

August 14th, 11:07 am

If any other Developers was working to this game, I would not even consider it until after post launch and lots of positive reviews. But since it is ZIPPER working on it, I am really looking forward to it.
I hope to be accepted in the beta and get an early taste of it.

In Zipper we trust

I was there on day one for SOCOM 1 on the PS2(still my favorite of the series) and I will be waiting at my local gamestop the morning of January 26th for MAG for the PS3………….LOL

Thanks for the update

SPARDA

emjayx said:

August 14th, 11:08 am

i hope the delay means a complete game, unlike socom confrontation.

neosk said:

August 14th, 11:09 am

Public beta??? you sure?? when???

Irishmandkg said:

August 14th, 11:10 am

I can’t wait to get into the beta, already registered, just waiting!

Bailers77 said:

August 14th, 11:11 am

AWESOME. I can’t wait for the game to come out, Raven all the way!

bravo9zero said:

August 14th, 11:13 am

What about the UK/pal release date?!
Please reply Zipper!

DANO69 said:

August 14th, 11:17 am

SURE..SUK UP EVERYONE….Just to get into the beta….PATHETIC.

ZAANOS said:

August 14th, 11:18 am

Hey Zipper you guys need to work on a new dev diary explaining and showing how the persistent world in MAG works, how the ranking system isn’t just there for show and more about the game’s strategies because there are a lot of ignorant people out there that are bashing MAG based on static screenshots because they don’t read articles.

Airwalkinman17 said:

August 14th, 11:23 am

Okay, short story. I’ll make it short.
Friends and family over last night.
We love to play split-screen shooters together.
I have ten (10!) PS3 games.
Only 2 have split screen options (Resistance 2 and RE5).
I’m tired of being limited to only a few games that have this option anymore.
MAG looks awesome and I wanna buy it, but i’m sorry. If MAG don’t have this option i’m going to have to go with something of slightly less caliber but that at least has a split screen option like Army of 2: 40th day.
Does anyone know if it’ll have split-screen? Thanks

KALEL114 said:

August 14th, 11:25 am

Looks great. I hope there is a second round of Beta surveys, because I did not receive one. :(

PapaPins said:

August 14th, 11:34 am

All singed up and ready.
I can’t wait to play MAG.
I’ll have to play some CoD:WaW to get warmed up.

By the way, is this the official Playstation.Blog meet-up, or is this just for MAG?

Zookey said:

August 14th, 11:34 am

Flew all the way from Montana (with my brother) for the E3 meetup—turned out to be one of the most fun things I have ever done–please keep this up!

Also–my brother and I were fortunate enough to have collected enough $ to go to Tokyo Game Show this year–any chance of a meetup in Tokyo? I am sure, with the amount of civilian Americans who live in Tokyo and the Air Force base nearby, there is enough PS Blog readers to make a party out of it! If you guys need suggestions for places I could make a list a mile long hehe :-)

OmegaOrtega said:

August 14th, 11:37 am

I hope to see this game bundled with the headset.

Since its going to be a 60 dollar game… Maybe 89.99 for MAG and the headset? A lot of PS3 users really should use the official blu tooth, its awesome.

RedHarlow said:

August 14th, 11:38 am

Stop killing Socom Seth.

Your developed Socom games suck [DELETED].

Stay away from Socom. You have no clue what Socom fans want and Confrontation is garbage man.

Hope you like my Seth Luisi Video:

Don’t even think about to work on Socom 4 If there ever will be one.

You suck man. David Sears and Socom Is Dead/Blackwido 88 ftw.

The Socom vets will never forgive you enjoy more Seth Luisi videos on youtube.

Socom I/II
We will never forget that games.

Regards one of thousands dissapointed Socom Vets.

Link01 said:

August 14th, 11:40 am

* sigh *… I knew this was coming 2010 … :(

MadBow said:

August 14th, 11:43 am

Thanks so much for the heads up. I still probably wont be picking up MW2. Maybe a rent, but thats it. How many beta invites would you say would be sent out? Since this is a Massive game, there should be Massive beta invites right?

shadowkiller11 said:

August 14th, 11:46 am

Woot, i’m buying this.

TRIX_BOL said:

August 14th, 11:48 am

I realize the awesomeness of MAG, I’m thrilled to read more news on the Beta soon.

Thank you for the release date.

Gringo234 said:

August 14th, 11:50 am

This better be more like Warhawk than SOCOM Confrontation in terms of content.

leukoplast said:

August 14th, 11:53 am

Wow…that video is horrible. So cheesy and the voice acting is beyond terrible. Sounds like a little kid did it and modified his voice with some computer program.

I hope this isn’t shown on TV or anywhere else besides here… It’s embarrassing and makes the game seem like a joke.

TwiztedR3DHead said:

August 14th, 12:00 pm

EPIC Cant wait

Tr3p1dat10n said:

August 14th, 12:02 pm

I would do ANYTHING to get into the beta. You have no idea =(

katsuo7171 said:

August 14th, 12:15 pm

WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME!!! :( You guys in the live PS Blog chat said in bold capital letters DEFINITELY THIS YEAR!!

Whatever though I want a kick-ass game and if a delay makes that happen then I won’t mind.

I guess I will be buying MW2 this year, that sucks I wanted to give money to Zipper instead of Activision.

List of games this year to buy
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Uncharted 2
PES 10
FIFA 10
Maybe Modern Warfare 2.

JUDOHAWK said:

August 14th, 12:16 pm

Thank you guys for choosing to release it on my birthday :D

recon_unleashed said:

August 14th, 12:17 pm

noooooooooo its coming out january 26, iwanted to play this year like in november DAM it. well looks like ill just have to play modern warfare 2 even though i want mag instead :(

Dragonzblaze said:

August 14th, 12:19 pm

in RAVEN i trust XD

clicker166 said:

August 14th, 12:19 pm

i wish i could attend PAX but i live to far from Seattle,..now i’m just waiting for the BETA

Marauderxt said:

August 14th, 12:23 pm

Invite to beta please. for the love of god please I want this game so bad!

poweredbyzen said:

August 14th, 12:25 pm

registered for the beta – i want MAG! :D

recon_unleashed said:

August 14th, 12:28 pm

im gonna join SVER… i guess mag releasing on january 26 will help them polish things and get the servers ready. im still dissapointed though :(

Enforcer_X said:

August 14th, 12:31 pm

There is a TON of games hitting in October and beyond I think 2010 release is fine. I will probably still be behind on my games!
Either way I can’t wait looking forward to this game! YEAH ZIPPER!

BLACKxFR0STY said:

August 14th, 12:40 pm

noooooo i wanted this to be released this year

RaCpram12 said:

August 14th, 12:41 pm

Come to San-Francisco PLEASSSSSSSEEEEEE. And I wants to joins SVER. I have a feeling they’re gonna be the underdog. And yes, like someone mentioned, you should bundle w/ headset.

Can I has the beta code?

BLACKxFR0STY said:

August 14th, 12:48 pm

they said it would be here fall of 09

NITROWOLF_2 said:

August 14th, 12:49 pm

When will the beta begin? i got the registration for it so just woundering