Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Aug 17

Aug 17

Announcing: LittleBigPlanet – Game of the Year edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

Morning all! Today, we’re pleased to announce the upcoming release of LittleBigPlanet – Game of the Year edition, which will ship to stores on September 8th for $59.99 with a “Sackful” of bonus content.

And while everyone unveils this type of news with a shiny new package front… grrrr… we wanted to be different and do the reverse…

LittleBigPlanet GOTY back

…and spend some time on the back of the box to talk about what’s in this “Game of the Year” version:

• First off, you’ll get the full award-winning LittleBigPlanet gameplay experience, or as we like to call it “Play Create Share” – ok, that was a bit to ‘infomercially’ (sorry), but you get the idea. Everything that made LittleBigPlanet one of the biggest games on the PS3 is in there.
  • Next, to give our new fans a taste of the over 1,000,000 user-generated levels available on the PlayStation Network, Media Molecule has hand-picked 18 extraordinary people to Create bonus levels specifically for the GOTY edition – complete with interviews with each creator. We loved how these levels turned out and hope you will to.

Paintball2 Tublerizer2- Cropped
Watermill2 - cropped Snow tank - cropped

LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-HistoryCostumePack_thumb_US LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-HistoryMediaPack_thumb_US LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-MonstersMedKit_thumb_US LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-MonstersCostumePack_thumb_US
LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-MGSCostumePack_thumb_US LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-MGSLevelPack_thumb_US LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-AnimalCostumeBundle_thumb_US

• Finally, as a peek at the next game in the “Play, Create, Share” family, a limited supply of LittleBigPlanet – Game of the Year Editions will include a special voucher code for the upcoming ModNation Racers Online Beta. This is your chance to play ModNation Racers before the game comes out in 2010. If you haven’t checked out ModNation yet, and you’re a big-time racing fan, always dreamed of creating your own track, or you’re into vinyl art – head on over to www.ModNation.com and register.
  • ModNation Racers

So to summarize the bonus content:

• 18 new levels made by players just like you
  • 7 different content packs
  • Exclusive access to the upcoming ModNation Online beta

All together, with bonus content valued at over $30, the award-winning experience and over 1,000,000 levels to play online, it’s a great offer for those that haven’t joined the LittleBigPlanet community yet…all bundled in one neat little ‘sack’.

LittleBigPlanet GOTY front

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

DARK_JAK_911 said:

August 18th, 6:06 am

Can NA get a free “First Week T-shirt” for the one year anniversary since we didn’t get it before?

piro_z said:

August 18th, 6:35 am

wait… there’s a bigger announcement tomorrow…. PLZ don’t say it’s more costumes or something overpriced D=>

DJ_DTM said:

August 18th, 6:40 am

HUGE KICK IN THE BALLS TO ALL US PEOPLE WHO PRE ORDERED THE GAME, WAITED FOR PATCHES AND PAID FOR ALL THE FREE STUFF YOUR GIVING AWAY NOW… THANKS MM AND FU.

DJ_DTM said:

August 18th, 6:41 am

THAT IS THE LAST TIME I BUY ANY DLC FOR LBP EVER.

Dracorius said:

August 18th, 6:56 am

I bought this game last year when it came out. My kids and I are still playing it. I am tempted to get this version just for the cover and the 18 bonus levels. Sony, keep this up and I will stay broke until the end of next year!!!

anotherdae said:

August 18th, 7:11 am

2nd the need to bundle this extra content as a DL option. (At a discount)

minameissteve said:

August 18th, 7:13 am

Please bring back atleast the Astronaut costume.

How do the user-made levels get into the game? Are they in the Story Mode section?

D34DL1N3R said:

August 18th, 7:24 am

Miguel_Zorro | August 18th, 2009 at 4:40 am

So, as for this “limited number of ModNation Racers demos” – I have a pre-order for the LittleBigPlanet GOTY edition in right now. Does this mean I WILL get access to the ModNation Racers demo, or that I’ll have a random CHANCE at getting a ModNation Racers demo code?

Can we please get an answer on this?

ardeesonic said:

August 18th, 11:54 am

Will there be a way to EXCHANGE the standard edition with the Game of the Year Edition even if you have most or all of the DLC packs included? Also, can you make the extra levels DLC for owners of the standard edition so they can experience the extra levels they’ve been asking for(that doesn’t just showcase DLC packs)?

Mexicanspy13 said:

August 18th, 3:38 pm

plz reply you think youll be able to trade in your old lbp for this new one that be great

gunslingeryo said:

August 18th, 3:44 pm

awesome been meaning to pick it up, just never got around to it. Great incentive

onabiv said:

August 18th, 4:07 pm

Will this edition have the extra dev kit features?

nelgonza said:

August 18th, 6:09 pm

If I get this will my normal lbp data be there?

bouncy_B_O_B said:

August 19th, 4:58 am

Can the people who have got the standard edition get the add ons for free? cuz it unfair please reply ASAP

mgsfoxhound2 said:

August 19th, 11:50 am

unbelevable!!! awsome packs included my favorite game!!!!

Danielogy said:

August 19th, 8:23 pm

Oh my God. Am so Buying that!

burnsideking24 said:

August 22nd, 2:20 pm

i rly hope i can get this edition…. but i already own the first one….. i can sell it on amazon and sell more stuff i own….. or i could get my father to buy me it for my birthday (as a late birthday present) since this comes out two days after my bday

RaceCarYaYa said:

August 22nd, 3:09 pm

I agree with the others that it is pretty craptastic for those of us who bought the original for $60 and get nothing in return for being a great fan base. Seems as if the only goal is to sell product and leave us ‘old LBP’ players behind. Not that I don’t love the game, I just don’t love being forgotten.

swweet said:

August 22nd, 4:06 pm

if they don’t let the 18 levels be available on the origanal…grr…>:(

swweet said:

August 22nd, 4:10 pm

sry mediamolecule…just come on! u gotta make the levels free for us!…plz!

stroudwes said:

August 22nd, 10:04 pm

i also own this game i think people who own this game get tht dlc for free and they can keep the 18 levels and commentary its fair

TokiGlassBlower said:

August 23rd, 7:40 am

So I have to buy a game and add-ons I already own to get the Beta, really, there not going to support the folks who have been with them for awhile just to play the Beta huh, but give it to the new folks huh, thats a pretty bad way to do it I think, I guess I’ll be waiting till it come out in the stores.

Keep It Hashy
Max

madeup6 said:

August 23rd, 8:15 am

And what about all of us loyalists that bought the game before it got game of the year?

oktx39 said:

August 23rd, 8:37 am

Every PS3 owner should have LBP in their collection. If you haven’t taken the plunge yet, get this GOTY edition.

jh6269 said:

August 23rd, 6:43 pm

Amazon still doesn’t have this listed for pre-order, what’s up with that?

Aki_Berg said:

August 23rd, 10:10 pm

OMG CANT WAIT TILL SEPTEMBER 8th I PRE-ORDERED IT AND I CAN GET IT FOR ONLY $30 From EB-Games..

psfan999 said:

August 23rd, 11:32 pm

This is cool, but a downer at the same time, I have to go out and buy the goty edition if I want the beta. Any comments?

Digi1982 said:

August 26th, 12:25 pm

Ah, so you guys finally got around to announcing the new LBP GOTY version. Do you know how annoying it is to be hired for it and not be allowed to mention it to anyone for the past six months? ;)

Anyway, now its public knowledge I put a short blurb about it on my site, you can read about it here: http://www.damienking.net/littlebigplanet-level-creation

Hope thats ok! :)

marklard said:

August 27th, 8:15 pm

It wouldn’t be fair if you just let “game of the year” edition of lbp to have the user made maps. you guys should have a downloadable pack that lets the people with the regular lbp game to have the special made maps.

Hank1902 said:

August 28th, 2:03 am

Fantastic game and it is a shame once again that the whole planet cannot enjoy this release. There are seemingly no plans to release this in european countries. Why? Is our little big planet shrinking? Come on guys, make this fantastic game available to all. We all want to share in the LBP experience. Anyone support me in this?

Ibn_Elmeedan said:

August 28th, 9:57 am

Hello, this is my first post EVER. So, I already own the original version of LBP. I have also reserved a copy of the game of the year edition at gamestop. reading the info on it, i noticed a few things: will the modnation beta have a 100% chance of being in a copy that has been reserved? also, does the game of the year share the same save file as the regular version? so if i beat the game, will my game of the year version also show that i beat the game? and are the 18 levels really exclusive, because they are all made by players. finally, the 7 free add ons are no use to me since i already have them, but if the game of the year edition does have a separate game file, would that mean that i would have the add ons right away? i would be glad if a sony representitve would answer my questions. other bloggers can answer too but only if they have a positive idea of the answer. thank you!

J_S_R_C_N said:

August 29th, 12:02 am

I bought the game on August 17, the day this was announced. I was so mad. I really want those 18 extra levels!! Are they going to be on PSN after a while?

TheRealDeal5150 said:

August 29th, 2:50 am

I can’t wait to get this one.

Torinado said:

August 31st, 9:56 am

awesome, but do you keep your data, trophys, and add-ons. and you might wanna check if theres a glitch for getting free add-ons that you already own, if you havent already.

J_S_R_C_N said:

August 31st, 3:09 pm

Wait just re reading it, and so these 18 new levels, were they made by Media Molocule or 18 fans?

CP3man3 said:

August 31st, 4:13 pm

So wait, there is only a limited supply of voucher codes for modnation? what can i do to be sure i got one?

Hunjay said:

September 6th, 5:43 am

What if youve already purchased the regular version but decide to sell it and buy the game of the year version? Are you able to, or not?

brojamma said:

September 8th, 10:58 am

While I understand the business model (releasing the new edition to attract new customers) I don’t understand why owners of the original game would be aced out. Are they really planning on bringing in enough revenue from current owners of LBP buying the new edition of the game to make up for all of the upset customers?

This is software – not hardware. You cannot compare the two business models because they’re completely different situations. It would cost nothing to make this content available for free to current owners of the game. Leave the beta as a new edition-only incentive and you won’t lose nearly as many loyal customers and likely sell (nearly) just as many copies of the new disc.

Gradly said:

September 12th, 2:39 pm

Please include the dynamic theme as well ?!!

Maggot_012345678 said:

September 12th, 6:16 pm

please tell me the 18 levels will be available for download, or are already community levels. i’d be willing to buy them as a DLC. I dont wanna buy a whole nother game.

PAGE 1 2 3 4