God of War

Sep 11

Sep 11

Dead Darth, Trophies, and Kicking Luke’s Butt – Star Wars: TFU Ultimate Sith Edition

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

I know the original Star Wars: The Force Unleashed has been out for about a year now, but with the recent addition of PSN Trophies to the title and a new version of the game hitting soon (Ultimate Sith Edition), I figured there’d be plenty of you giving the game a first (or second) look. Also, LucasArts‘ Presidio campus is pretty much the coolest workplace location on the planet, so we had no problem coming back :-)

So after Chris was done taking a look at Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron for PSP, Assistant Production Manager Cameron Suey popped the updated Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition into the PS3. This version packs a couple of interesting “What if?” levels onto the original game, as well as some new trophies to boot (eagle eyes will catch our demo dude unlocking one late in the video).

Let the wampa slaughter commence!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

POLYERGOS said:

September 11th, 10:05 am

What!

ATHF89 said:

September 11th, 10:07 am

I can’t wait for this, I’ve been holding off on buying the original version to buy this version when it comes out.

Anubis80 said:

September 11th, 10:08 am

I didnt buy this game cuz I wasnt too sure but I might now.

zabbyh said:

September 11th, 10:08 am

Nice to see you back doing interviews Jeff. No offence to Chris :D

OmegaSpartan08 said:

September 11th, 10:10 am

BRING IT ON!!!

joseph2411 said:

September 11th, 10:12 am

Its great that they added trophies to the game.

Hey Jeff have you checked your phone voice mail? You have a BEYOND! voice message asking for avatars. I would also like to know if there is any info about that, BEYOND! :D

IrishPete333 said:

September 11th, 10:17 am

Very nice interview, I think I am going to pick this up and give it another play through. I am going to be spending a lot of money this fall/winter.

Anubis80 said:

September 11th, 10:17 am

Forgot to ask, when does it release? And will it be $59.99?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 11th, 2:24 pm

Release date in November 3rd. It’ll retail for $39.99

Netweb said:

September 11th, 10:17 am

Trophies is a reason to sell games.. xD

I want to know when this edition comes out on Europe… like.. Portugal!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 11th, 2:24 pm

TFU:Ultimate Sith Edition will launch in Europe on November 6th.

poweredbyzen said:

September 11th, 10:18 am

does my character roll over into this new edition?! i worked hard!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 11th, 2:26 pm

When you load up either the Tatooine or Hoth level in Ultimate Sith Edition you will have all powers maxed out. No need to worry about starting a new game!

jedi_webslinger said:

September 11th, 10:21 am

cant wait for this! Please annonce an Indiana Jones game for the ps3.

IrishPete333 said:

September 11th, 10:21 am

I just checked gamestop website. It’s going to be $39.99, and pre order ship date is 11/09/09. I am def going to buy this at that price!

IrishPete333 said:

September 11th, 10:23 am

*I meant 11/03/09*

THE_LIGHT_05 said:

September 11th, 10:24 am

wats new about the gameplay? nothing?

Ashenshugura said:

September 11th, 10:28 am

11/03/09 + $40.00 = Nice early christmas present!

SnapperBait said:

September 11th, 10:32 am

Will it play with this new firmware? Taking bets……..

KoD7085 said:

September 11th, 10:33 am

This game kinda fell off my radar before; but these extras packaged in make it a very worthy purchase. My holiday gaming schedule is getting very full :)

Berae said:

September 11th, 10:34 am

Jeff

Sorry for being off topic but i cant renew my Qore subscription (it ended last month) and i want the MAG beta :) What am i suppose do?
Thanks

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 11th, 1:07 pm

You should be able to see a renewal icon in the Media section of the PS Store under the Qore icon.

Darth-Krayt said:

September 11th, 10:36 am

I’m really looking forward to The Ultimate Sith Edition. I eventually traded in TFU becaue I beat the whole thing, and really didn’t think trophies would ever be added. I’m glad they have been now, and as it turns out, I’m glad I traded in. Because if I didn’t I wouldn’t be able to play the Hoth level. And Buying TUSE will be the same price buying the game used and buying the $30 of DLC, plus I get the EXTRA level I couldn’t buy anyway.

Does the game have custom sountracks since the update. This is going to be a LONG game to play through again listening to the game’s own music.

And as a request to the team behind The Force Unleashed….please do at least 1 more DLC pack….going after Yoda. It’s a MUST. And if you were going to add a 2nd DLC, do either a next gen verson of the Wii fighting game, or a SWBF2 Assault mode like multiplayer.

wardragon989 said:

September 11th, 10:38 am

I hate how this game is exclusive to the disc, and hope it will be released soon.

But i sense that there might be one more pack, “Return of the Starkiller” xD Where he takes on the Emperor and his new apprentice.

Lugoves said:

September 11th, 10:38 am

I’m so glad someone at my local wholesale store threw a copy of SW TFU in the ‘Clearance’ bin for $9.99 like a week before trophy support was enabled lol. But, I’m still unsure whether it was fair to piecemeal the ADD on content then put it all on the SITH edition. I’m on the fence on this one.

Bodachi said:

September 11th, 10:39 am

Will this be coming to europe?

Heavenly_king said:

September 11th, 10:41 am

The new content featured in this release will be available as DLC for the original game??

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 11th, 2:26 pm

The Hoth level is a bonus level in The Ultimate Sith Edition retail game.

SirTrigalot said:

September 11th, 10:44 am

I just might get this… might

Dice_for_Death_ said:

September 11th, 10:44 am

I’m kind of glad that I passed up on the initial release of the game, and happened upon these remixed re-releases. As well, the guy playing whilst the interview carries on – he’s having a bit of hard time, I noticed.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 11th, 11:24 am

He did fall a couple of times, didn\’t he?

lordsofhoth said:

September 11th, 10:46 am

I hope you guys release the hoth level as a DLC. I have the orginal game with all the DLC so far. So provide it for us, and i guarantee I will be one to buy it!

Quixote said:

September 11th, 11:00 am

As a day one purchaser of the First edition of this game, I am little dissapointed that some of the extra content is exclusive to the Sith edition of the game.
I bought the first mission pack, but have not bought the second one for this reason.
perhaps if the ‘exclusive’ mission is made available for download, i will get them both.

jockhotty said:

September 11th, 11:01 am

My original disk got scratched but plays up until the final battle.I couldnt bear to pay the money for a replacement disk, since I dont save receipts for more than 30 days. AnyhowI patched the game and played to get all the trophies i could.WIll a PATCHED GAME SAVE FILE be transferable to the special edition?

BlooodyCow said:

September 11th, 11:01 am

meh, this game was horrible to be honest. Not even trophies will make me play it again. I cannot believe I actually spend money on this game 4 months ago.

mywhitenoise said:

September 11th, 11:03 am

“kicking Lukes butt” looked like “licking Lukes butt” at first.

Stoffinator said:

September 11th, 11:05 am

I would of liked it more if they went back and fixed the many many bugs that the game has. Never seen such a buggy game.

SpyDudeFX said:

September 11th, 11:09 am

Pre-ordered, can’t wait. Wish they would show the steelbook packaging already though. Any pics?

Quixote said:

September 11th, 11:13 am

Stoffinator | September 11th, 2009 at 11:05 am

you must not have played Fallout 3.

BlooodyCow said:

September 11th, 11:16 am

@32 Stoffinator
Then don’t ever play Fallout 3. you will be luck if you play 5 minutes without encounter a bug or having your PS3 freeze.

uns33n_H3R0 said:

September 11th, 11:18 am

Cool he got a trophy! I’m workin on my platinum for this game, too bad I won’t get it till November oh well.

CmdrSinclair said:

September 11th, 11:18 am

How come no one asked why they are releasing some new stuff on “the other system” but not on PSN? Or why the Hoth level isn’t available for people who supported the original game?

Neil said:

September 11th, 11:27 am

I admit I never played past the junkyard section before, but I’ve recently started the game up again because of the Trophy patch. Thanks for adding it in.

Stoffinator said:

September 11th, 11:27 am

lol I’ve played Fallout 3 on two systems and never had as many bugs as this game. I have fallen through the world, hit by invisible enemies and game freezes than I can count.

kdiep said:

September 11th, 11:31 am

the tatooine level sounds cool, I might get that dlc down the line, though 10$ is a steep price for what I hear is a very short level.

TheOrion said:

September 11th, 11:35 am

Is there any chance the Hoff level will come as dlc to those with the original version of the game? You list the trophies for it on the patch we received, surely its logical to offer it dlc to those with the original game too.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 11th, 1:12 pm

I can say that there is absolutely no David Hasselhoff in this game :-D

I asked your \’Hoth\’ question and a few other ones. Waiting on a reply from LucasArts.

plaztiksyke said:

September 11th, 11:44 am

Any chance the game will be patched to bring the native resolution closer to 1080p? Will the audio assets on the new disc be 24-bit?

Awesome work putting out a trophy patch, I hope this is also done for Lego Indy and Lego Star Wars at some point!

AsianOrange said:

September 11th, 12:09 pm

This is a DLC right?

ToastyEwok said:

September 11th, 12:14 pm

Did they happen to say if when you start the Sith Edition if you will have to wait for that trophy loading screen like you do now with the normal edition.

Since the Sith Edition will probably have the trophies on the disk, will that screen no longer appear?

theJETbomb said:

September 11th, 12:30 pm

what trophy did he win during the demo?

IceCold said:

September 11th, 12:32 pm

Not to spam the blog, but until someone responds and tells me where the problem reporting link is i will post them here.

PLEASE get the mobile site up and running for iPhone!!!!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 11th, 1:11 pm

We\’re reconfiguring our servers (and adding 2 more!). We\’ve had an increase in traffic, and the mobile site was killing it. It\’ll come back, but probably not for another month.

KidCommando said:

September 11th, 12:45 pm

Thought the demo was decent, but never picked it up. With a $40 price tag and the inclusion of trophies I might get this version. There are just so many good games coming out soon.

Nice job on adding the trophies and keeping the re-release priced competitively.

Darth-Krayt said:

September 11th, 12:50 pm

Whoa, wait…are you guys sure the Ultimate Sith Edition is $40?! If so that is an incredible deal!!

DarKaoZ said:

September 11th, 12:52 pm

I wonder if the loading times got improved, because the first edition had really bad loading times. Any good news regarding loading times??

Berae said:

September 11th, 1:17 pm

@Jeff

There no renewal icon anywhere on the Store
I dont know what else to do or check
I hope i wont miss this beta….

Seba501 said:

September 11th, 1:24 pm

According to gamestop, this edition will be at 40$. Its a good opportunity for me, i havent pleyed the first one and i like star wars.

Still waiting Star wars battlefront 3……

PAGE 1 2