Marvel's Spider-Man

Sep 11

Sep 11

UNCHARTED 2 Officially Goes Gold, Plus Sneak-Peek Cinema Events!

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar Posted by Vice President, Marketing, SIEA

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves has officially gone gold in North America! That means only 32 days until it hits store shelves. I couldn’t be more proud of the teams at Naughty Dog and Sony who have put their lives on hold to make a truly exceptional game.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Box!

If you can’t wait until October 13th, SCEA and Sony Electronics have partnered to produce four exclusive “sneak peek” events that bring UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves to the big screen before launch. At these VIP events, attendees will join Naughty Dog in a night of food, fun and Multiplayer tournaments with the chance to win lots of cool prizes—including the Fortune Hunter Edition. Attendees will also have the chance to play UNCHARTED 2 on the ultimate high definition big screen, powered by Sony Electronics 4K digital cinema technology, which provides image resolution four times greater than any high-definition consumer television out there. Sony Electronics is working with major theaters across the country to create “digital destinations”, pairing 4K digital cinema technology with enhanced services and amenities, such as food, sporting events and music, to create an unprecented entertainment experience. UNCHARTED 2 will be one of the first pre-released games showcased at select sites.

The “sneak peek” events will take place on 10/5 and 10/6 at the theaters below. Stay tuned for more information from Jeff and Chris on how you can win a guaranteed spot. In the meantime, click here for more information.

MUVICO Rosemont

Bellevue, WA 98004-5046
(425) 450-9100

Landmark Embarcadero
One Embarcadero Center, Ste PL-1
San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 267-4893

Food, Naughty Dog & Nathan Drake…in massive High Def! Hope to see you there — don’t forget to go pre-order your copy now!

Add Your Own

thenatureboy56 said:

September 11th, 1:34 pm

Thats Good that in Canada we can get the Fortune Hunter Editions! Thanks! How can we win the editions?

Steve519 said:

September 11th, 1:35 pm

Sweet, hopefully the dates and time works and I can attend the Seattle event for PlatformNation.com!

dreref said:

September 11th, 1:38 pm

luv DF, will you guys be coming to Miami

Rabid619 said:

September 11th, 1:39 pm

Woohoo! Canada gets a shot at the Fortune Hunter edition! Wish an event like this would come here, but that’ll do. I played Uncharted 2 at the Fan Expo in Toronto and it was amazing.

NeoMahi said:

September 11th, 1:40 pm

Congratulations Naughty Dog. I can’t wait to get this game. Sadly, I’ll get it much later than everyone else as I bought mine through Amazon and have to wait for it to ship to me.

I’m kinda bummed about the events. Those in big cities get to have all the fun and win Collectors Edition games. I think this game is gonna take Game of the Year. Microsoft doesn’t want to release anything this year in fear of that. But, they’ve still got serious competition next year with God of War III. Sony just has all the best first party support and games.

jiggyjoe21 said:

September 11th, 1:42 pm

This is great news! I have this pre-orderd already, so now all I need to do is wait until the 15th and participate in the beta. How will we be able to get the Fortune Hunter Editions over the beta?

dreref said:

September 11th, 1:42 pm

I pre-orderded now how do I get my demo code

KazeEternal said:

September 11th, 1:43 pm

Looks like you guys kept the spine of the box the same. Thank you, that would have driven me nuts on my Bluray Rack.

QuizPyro said:

September 11th, 1:46 pm

how come you guys never do anything in the east, it isnt fair not 1 of those 3 locations are in the east…please try to plan better because I live in New Jersey & back east we never get the privileges people in the west get

PLEASE RESPOND

G-Bake said:

September 11th, 1:47 pm

Man this stinks… sound like i probably won’t be able to even have a chance to win the fortune hunter edition. My PS3 broke for the SECOND i repeat, SECOND time a month ago and i probably won’t get my new one until right before uncharted 2 comes out. Which means my gamestop preorder beta bonus is useless and it sounds like you have to play the beta to get the fortune hunter edition. :( this blows

Sponge-worthy said:

September 11th, 1:52 pm

Congratulations Naughty Dog and SCEA! And even though Gamestop is trying to screw me over on the bonus codes after I plunked down the cash for a pre-order, I’m very excited to play this game :)

OmegaSpartan08 said:

September 11th, 1:53 pm

@ GAME-HERO

i got a PS3 JUST for Uncharted

Zookey said:

September 11th, 1:54 pm

Still not happy with the ‘only 200 chances to win what I wanted to PAY For’ crap.

Still getting the game, but I am still not happy with you.

Slipping_halo said:

September 11th, 1:54 pm

Dear Mr Asad Qizilbash, thank you very much for some feedback it really means alot to have someone answer us, especially with good news!!! I just wish that some of the other people over there at SCEA could answer us, even if it’s bad news it’s better than keeping us in the dark. Thanks so much for taking the time to post on the blog and I will ‘stay tuned’!!

Tri-Again said:

September 11th, 1:58 pm

WOOOO!!! Great news =D

ModSquade said:

September 11th, 2:04 pm

Why does Canada always get the shaft whenever something cool happens?

Wheres all this American Favoritism come from? Canadian gamers wants to win some pretty cool prizes too ya know?

linebeginstoblur said:

September 11th, 2:10 pm

The new PS3 box art design is horrible. And it takes up too much space compared to the old slim (ironic, isn’t it?) side logo. It looked really streamlined instead of really bulky and gray and not-shiny.

pro_ballin2132 said:

September 11th, 2:14 pm

We need a sneak peek in Nahville!! I would definently go to one within 30 minutes to an hour of my house. I love this game!!

KwietStorm said:

September 11th, 2:16 pm

Great to see this game getting a lot of pre-release attention. I hope it wins game of the year.

FauCEEEt said:

September 11th, 2:17 pm

I will be at the Chicago Area sneak peak!
The new box art looks great! It has the same “when I enter a store and see the box, I will immediately have to check it out” feel that the first one had!
Congrats Naughty Dog!

ixnine said:

September 11th, 2:21 pm

I am so there, San Francisco and/or Los Angeles here I come! (SF is closer)

Congrats, Naughty Dog, on going gold! I can’t wait to play it. Seeing Drake, Elena and Sully together again will be great! ^_^

Demonized said:

September 11th, 2:23 pm

Damn that’s awesome, Sony are really stepping up their game this year. Wish SCEE did cool stuff like this…then again they probably wouldn’t do it in Northern Ireland :(

Wyrm-- said:

September 11th, 2:28 pm

Sadness :( I’d be there in a heartbeat if I didn’t live in Colorado….

MainEv3nt_69 said:

September 11th, 2:31 pm

where do Canadians pre order to get the golden weapons ?

DustyBlue said:

September 11th, 2:37 pm

I hate how Sony even changed the box art. Now my library is going to have inconsistencies. Honestly, the logo change was totally unnecessary, and in my opinion, too late. Just stick to what you were going with, Sony. You’ve already had the Spider-man font logo for almost 3 years. It seems almost like the New Xbox Experience, but for the PS3.

Caires said:

September 11th, 2:41 pm

Looking forward to this good looking game. And next time, would you release this cool stuff in Europe as well, more specifically in Norway?

Keep up the good work Naughty Dog!

ADR143 said:

September 11th, 2:43 pm

good news

Wuggyboobeaufuf said:

September 11th, 2:44 pm

Once again, Canada is discriminated against.

Thanks Naughty Dog for not giving us a chance to win the Limited Edition set!

If you’re going to continually discriminate against Canada, why should I put my Canadian money towards this game?

F-minus said:

September 11th, 2:45 pm

Come on!!! the EAST and WEST coast get everything… why not try something in the middle like TEXAS!!! you would be suprised at the turnout and the large amount of gamers. Dont do it just for me but do it for TEXAS!!! (Dallas/Ft. Worth)

womfalcs3 said:

September 11th, 2:49 pm

I pre-ordered today.

The_Wacker said:

September 11th, 2:52 pm

No love for people on the east coast? Come visit us at Buffalo State College we’ll show you a good time.

money45_ said:

September 11th, 3:01 pm

No Colorado love? Dont blame you :)….Not really

Valentik999 said:

September 11th, 3:01 pm

I cant remember the last game i looked forward to this much. I am more pumped than arnold on roids. Keep it up playstation, and nice job naughty dog. As for your treasure hunter edition please give it to worthy people, like platinum achievers on 1, or just all around fans. I will be disgusted if after you give these away they are up on ebay for like $200.

Miles514 said:

September 11th, 3:13 pm

man why doesnt anything happen in North carolina? Its boring up here…

TheHakku said:

September 11th, 3:15 pm

Wow. I love the PS3 logo and everything, but this is a little ridiculous. It looks really bad on box art.

spunnups said:

September 11th, 3:23 pm

Nothing out East? Cmon!!!!

Dehshizknight said:

September 11th, 3:25 pm

Can’t wait for Uncharted 2!

mera_cute_girl said:

September 11th, 3:39 pm

please tell me , when it will be released for the pal region especially the middle east i want this gamoe sooooooooooo much

findaway said:

September 11th, 3:41 pm

Yeah, im wondering if that’s going to be the final box art. If so, its a little weird that you’re going with the new PS3 logo, but the old one with the spiderman font is still on top? Hmm.

I do like the new design, just thought this is somewhat confusing.

JukeboxAddict said:

September 11th, 3:42 pm

I’m going to guess that this isn’t the completed box art, since the new logo bar across the front of the package and the old red “PS3” on the side don’t line up.

And what’s the explanation with the clear cases and the Spiderman font? I’m sure there’s quite a stock remaining of them. Are you guys just trying to get rid of what remains? Or is that also not final?

Chipper said:

September 11th, 3:43 pm

Shame there is nothing planned for a little south like Florida. Oh well at least not much longer for the release of the game although i would love a shot at getting that limited edition.

poweredbyzen said:

September 11th, 3:46 pm

fortune hunter edition – i want it! how can i win it online?! another scavenger hunt perhaps?! thanks for the eco-friendly bag and lanyard and t-shirt from the first hunt!

SpyDudeFX said:

September 11th, 3:48 pm

Wow the country’s #1 city, New York City, doesn’t get this? lol

poweredbyzen said:

September 11th, 3:49 pm

PETITION TO BRING THE OLD PS3 LOGO BACK! LET’S GET IT STARTED! PEPSI DID IT AND THEY SPENT MILLIONS TO DO IT, AND I DON’T THINK IT IMPROVED SALES. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, SCEA?!

JL84wolf said:

September 11th, 3:50 pm

buy it for the first is came out :D

SolduNuts said:

September 11th, 3:54 pm

Man I really need to move to the San Fran area so I can hit more of these type of events up. This game looks to set a new standared for polish in video games. Some games that come out are good, but could have been great with some more development time. I can’t wait to plunder some gold in this game. See you guys online in the public demo.

angelspawn77 said:

September 11th, 4:02 pm

awesome new box for the ps3! i like this alot, even though i liked the old box art too and i will miss the black “playstation 3” bar going down across the side, I like the replacement and it looks alot more roomy for the cover art(weird even though the black bar wasnt that thick). Im glad they kept the playstation 3 imprint on the plastic box as well. Awesome cover, Awesome game, I preordered mine today! cant wait till next month!

RSX-0806 said:

September 11th, 4:04 pm

There needs to be more events in Boston. :[
Anyway good news for the people close by.

angelspawn77 said:

September 11th, 4:06 pm

Oh and another thing, when does the first uncharted game freeze? I recently bought it like 2 weeks ago and i played it and beat it and loved it! and I didnt have any problems with it freezing at any spot, I am currently replaying it since i loved it so much, and im almost going to beat it again and ive gotten no freeze on my game, where does it freeze? if anyone can pls tell me. Good thing i already beat it, loved the battle at the end!

Dann7978 said:

September 11th, 4:07 pm

Awesome if i dont win this ill still buy this game