Farpoint

Sep 11

Sep 11

UNCHARTED 2 Officially Goes Gold, Plus Sneak-Peek Cinema Events!

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar Posted by Vice President, Marketing, SIEA

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves has officially gone gold in North America! That means only 32 days until it hits store shelves. I couldn’t be more proud of the teams at Naughty Dog and Sony who have put their lives on hold to make a truly exceptional game.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Box!

If you can’t wait until October 13th, SCEA and Sony Electronics have partnered to produce four exclusive “sneak peek” events that bring UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves to the big screen before launch. At these VIP events, attendees will join Naughty Dog in a night of food, fun and Multiplayer tournaments with the chance to win lots of cool prizes—including the Fortune Hunter Edition. Attendees will also have the chance to play UNCHARTED 2 on the ultimate high definition big screen, powered by Sony Electronics 4K digital cinema technology, which provides image resolution four times greater than any high-definition consumer television out there. Sony Electronics is working with major theaters across the country to create “digital destinations”, pairing 4K digital cinema technology with enhanced services and amenities, such as food, sporting events and music, to create an unprecented entertainment experience. UNCHARTED 2 will be one of the first pre-released games showcased at select sites.

The “sneak peek” events will take place on 10/5 and 10/6 at the theaters below. Stay tuned for more information from Jeff and Chris on how you can win a guaranteed spot. In the meantime, click here for more information.

MUVICO Rosemont

Bellevue, WA 98004-5046
(425) 450-9100

Landmark Embarcadero
One Embarcadero Center, Ste PL-1
San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 267-4893

Food, Naughty Dog & Nathan Drake…in massive High Def! Hope to see you there — don’t forget to go pre-order your copy now!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

LakaiorDie217 said:

September 11th, 10:18 pm

I can’t wait for this game!!!!! on tuesday I get a online beta card for this game since I pre-ordered it! GOTY 2009!!!!

KingMigL said:

September 11th, 11:06 pm

why is it always in california and the west coast why not i dont know New York. only the single most greatest place in the world where everyone will take notice????? also i would definely love me some free pizza.

whatisdelicious said:

September 11th, 11:28 pm

Get rid of the new PS3 stuff at the top. The “Only On PS3” thing was a good addition, but a giant, redundant bar at the top saying “PS3” and “PlayStation Network” on it is just wasting space and totally pointless. Not to mention just aesthetically unpleasing.

xenorevlis said:

September 11th, 11:28 pm

@202 Most likely from SCEA / Santa Monica being located in California.

This is awesome news, however. I’m attending SAN FRANCISCO!

Anyone else going to the SF thing message me on PSN :)

Tyrade said:

September 11th, 11:40 pm

YAY! I go to school in downtown Chicago so I can attend the Rosemont viewing! I have been waiting for something like this for forever!

playnation said:

September 11th, 11:41 pm

why not make an event in new york?
theres so many people in new york, not to mention theres even a sony museum in new york. sony has so many things in new york. i dont get why everything has to be in california like common not everyone lives there

sonicthemonkey said:

September 12th, 12:20 am

Hooray, the game is now completely done! That means we’ll be seeing it on shelves in no time–wait 32 days? Are the games being delivered by horse-drawn carriages?

EYenOW said:

September 12th, 12:41 am

I will be at the Seattle one..if any of you are out there or in PDX hit me up…on PSN my info is EYenOW.

muzzar69 said:

September 12th, 12:51 am

when is this game coming out in australia?

VenomXv said:

September 12th, 12:55 am

Loving the Uncharted 2 cover. It looks so much cleaner. This game or Demon’s Souls will be my GOTY. I own all systems but there’s honestly no competition when it comes to exclusives this year with PS3.

JeNeI said:

September 12th, 1:21 am

Hope I get unbanned from PSN (8002A227 error code = ~1 month ban) till this game comes.I loved the first one,and never had problems with it on FW 3.00 .This game will be GOTY 2009.

omegaberserk said:

September 12th, 2:07 am

WAIT! YOU CANT TEASE ME LIKE THAT! I HAD GIVEN UP HOPE FOR THE LIMITED EDTION IN CANADA. I WILL PLAY HARD AND LONG FOR IT!!! GAH… CAN YOU TELL ME WHEN THERE WILL BE NEWS AT LEAST? WILL IT BE POSTED HERE ON THE BLOG? OR IS IT GONNA BE ON SOME RANDOM CANADA SITE THAT I WILL NEVER FIND????

Please give me a response…

OmegaSpartan08 said:

September 12th, 3:04 am

why didn’t these events take place in the summer? or the weekend? you know, when none of us had school and such! (like it matters since i live no where near these events.)

Latster said:

September 12th, 3:35 am

So what are you going to do about all the angry fans that can’t win one of these fortune hunter editions of the game, especially those outside the USA like me?

I want the special editon with the dagger just like everyone else does, but limiting it to a 200 piece competition in the states is not on!

EmperorKorea said:

September 12th, 3:47 am

oh god, the box looks fugly.

Edeyie said:

September 12th, 4:18 am

Dang can’t go to any of those places :( guess I got to try and win the Fortune Hunter Edition some other way…..:/

safil said:

September 12th, 4:48 am

that’s what im talking about, of the 4, 3 are on the west coast and one is in the midwest. once again, the east coast and in particularly NYC, gets to watch from afar….
WTF?

jonne1 said:

September 12th, 5:21 am

Hello I wanna Know will we Europe Users Get any release date soon?? We want to know it so much look forward to the game alot!

DTS_MAN said:

September 12th, 5:24 am

I’ll buy you a chelsea ticket if you get me a code!! :-)

ik_ga_je_slaan said:

September 12th, 5:27 am

Sony better make a Hunter Edition for Europe!

spideyal said:

September 12th, 5:50 am

I really want to go to this event!
Is it possible to go to it even though I live in Canada? Because I live like, 4 hours away from Seattle, and I’d be more than willing to go for something like this.

Otherwise, I’ll just wait for it to come out and play it in the comfort of my home. :] Can’t wait to play it!

lonewolf1994 said:

September 12th, 6:25 am

i wanted to ask (i know this isnt the EU blog but… will EU get any special edition :|

GouD said:

September 12th, 6:30 am

Fix uncharted! firmware 3.0

voldy85 said:

September 12th, 7:15 am

Won’t buy it until they will fix firmware 3.0 with Uncharted Drake’s Fortune
Plz2Fix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdc70hVv6iE

SnakePete said:

September 12th, 7:57 am

I just pre-ordered this game at EB Games (Canada), and got the early beta-access code.

However, when I entered it in, it says that the code is *invalid* (?!?)
Do I have to wait until Sept.15 to enter in the code? or is there something wrong with my code?

mkdj011 said:

September 12th, 8:45 am

Anyone complaining about box art… get a life! it’s a box. If you are really that anal I’m sure Sony or Gamestop will sell you old PS3 boxes so you can stop crying. I’ll sell you my one of my old PS3 boxes to you for the cost of a dynamic theme

DJRippey said:

September 12th, 8:56 am

Yippee! I’m going to be in Chicago on the 5th anyways. I’ll definitely come!

TriangleOffense said:

September 12th, 9:23 am

I wish I could attend but there is nothing local to me but Ill be all over this game on launch Im hoping gamestop does a midnight release for this one

DCOLBYB said:

September 12th, 9:31 am

uncharted demo in 3 days!

Balert said:

September 12th, 9:38 am

I think I’ve got a fair chance at winning at one the events. Here’s hoping the Rosemont folks didn’t participate in the beta (unlike myself).

jfunk said:

September 12th, 9:41 am

Congratulations Naughty Dog! I can’t wait to play the uncharted series again!

Keep up the good work!

CherylRose said:

September 12th, 9:56 am

What no NEW YORK????? New York is way more important than those other places…

Monet_09 said:

September 12th, 10:25 am

This game deserve its own making-of bluray..you know, just like the special edition mgs4 ;) i’d kill for one…

Anyway congats Naughty Dog and Sony!

SHINSPIKES said:

September 12th, 10:28 am

@191

I’m goin to bellevue. I don’t know which of my pax shirts should I wear. UC2 is obvious, but I have soo many different ones.

BLEEDFREE99 said:

September 12th, 11:02 am

Awesome, I really like the new box art.

rafifan said:

September 12th, 11:07 am

Amazing, can’t wait for the event. I’ll be at the Bellevue location…hoping to snag a Fortune hunter edition!

Tagan55 said:

September 12th, 12:21 pm

im glad the boxart on the side is the same atleast now it will match my games on the shelf

gg5560 said:

September 12th, 12:58 pm

cant wait for it

AlphaSpartan08 said:

September 12th, 3:44 pm

Uncharted 2 is almost here! i have the demo code ready for the 15th! this is GREAT! Now to WIN the Fortune Hunter Edition! THANK YOU, NAUGHTY DOG!

battleCat3000 said:

September 12th, 7:47 pm

How can they not plan an event in DC. It’s the capitol for crying out loud!

Obese_Chicken said:

September 12th, 10:21 pm

So we can win the trophy hunter edition in canada? Thank god, i literally broke my mouse the other day when i heard that the hunter edition 1st: could only be won and 2nd: that we canadians were getting done up the ass once again, Thank you ND

monoliet said:

September 13th, 4:25 am

Already pre ordered the game . + i only need one more game to comme on ps3 = monsterhunter 3 from capcom . Love the game a lot!!!!

Skyrocker427 said:

September 13th, 9:31 am

por que diache no venden el fortune hunter edition?

IceColdKilla44 said:

September 13th, 10:59 am

Awesome. Uncharted 2 is officially done! Already got it pre-ordered; can’t wait to take on the Dogs in the demo; I’m looking out for you, Evan Wells.

Now…..on to Jak 4!

IIIFraserIII said:

September 13th, 1:04 pm

I was really looking forward to buying this but as I live in the UK( Scotland ) I obviously have no chance of winning this.
I really hope that they will give Britain at least one chance of winning this, I would be unbelievably happy!

Balthaser said:

September 13th, 2:11 pm

Oct 5th and 6th? That’s weekday,,,,NOOOOO~~~

SONY, can’t you just make it happen around the weekend?

WhiplashTwoZero said:

September 13th, 4:39 pm

New box art is sexy, but I want more information on how to win these collector’s editions. I pre-ordered my copy late, so I don’t think I will get an invite to the beta, but I hope it turns out to be an awesome game anyway.

rolarizpe said:

September 13th, 8:49 pm

Online game would have missions like KZ2?? i mean “deliver the objective” “Protect something or someone” etc. etc.

ivanramon said:

September 13th, 10:16 pm

Good events, make sure you get lots of commercials too…Improve your marketing!!! Also bundle the game with the PS3 slim, that would work great! (better yet, make a PS3 slim Uncharted edition…I would buy buy a cond PS3 for that!)

oJVIurder said:

September 13th, 11:01 pm

sweet can’t wait I pre ordered mine but I’m yet to activate my 2 codes I will soon. :)

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6