Overwatch

Sep 22

Sep 22

UNCHARTED 2 Interview with Naughty Dog Plus Behind-the-Scenes on X-Play Tonight

Chris Morell's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

You might remember back at PAX, we sent out a Tweet asking what you’d want to ask Naughty Dog Creative Director Amy Hennig about UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. Well, we had an overwhelming response to say the least, and in this interview Amy touches on everything from the game’s adventure aspects and the power of the PS3 to Cinema Mode/Machinima and crispy veggie bacon. Don’t ask, just watch.

And be sure to tune in to G4 tonight at 6:30PM ET/PT for a 30-minute special episode of X-Play that features a behind-the-scenes visit to Naughty Dog. Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb get the scoop on UNCHARTED 2’s epic single-player campaign, go in-depth on co-op, as well as what it takes to design the game’s highly intricate and difficult puzzles.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

thakash said:

September 22nd, 7:58 pm

Amy is awesome, ND rocks….can’t wait til Oct. 13th.

C_Y_P_H_E_R said:

September 22nd, 8:05 pm

Does this game have online co-op as well?

thegriefer said:

September 22nd, 8:33 pm

This is my most wanted game of the year

thegriefer said:

September 22nd, 8:34 pm

@101 yes it does have online co op and multiplayer too.

MaDogNik96 said:

September 22nd, 8:38 pm

I knew there was a cinema mode and thought that was sweet, but I didn’t know there was a MACHINIMA MODE too! That sounds freaking awesome. Basically tell me that you can layout your own levels, and export video files to your hard drive and that would be the best mode ever.

Heavy_Rain0 said:

September 22nd, 8:50 pm

<3 amy hennig, christophe balestra, evan wells, whole ND team! U2 looks awesome, congratulations on going gold!

ZAANOS said:

September 22nd, 8:56 pm

Awesome interview guys. I was wondering…does Uncharted 2 support LAN games?

KUMAR_ROHIT said:

September 22nd, 9:11 pm

Hey whats her email!! LOL anyways cant wait for this game to come out. Most of my friends are 360 owners so Iam very happy to say that I bought a ps3 and always have been.WOOT WOOT.. The beta kicks @ss i fianlly got it to work. Nice interrogation btw. Love, Kumar. Keep it up guys

Delriach said:

September 22nd, 10:32 pm

woot! my question got asked, lol.

Daimomaru said:

September 22nd, 10:48 pm

If only i wasn’t so busy drawing a manga I would eat this game…lol, I play the MP demo during my breaks and I finish the project in november…so yeah… November is my month for uncharted 2…hahahaha. Cabin in the Woods manga anyone?…^__^.

Oh…..how about Naughty Dog making a PSN remake of Crash Bandicoot one with the uncharted engine?…wow! I would buy it!!

Wuggyboobeaufuf said:

September 22nd, 11:10 pm

Don’t believe the hype!

Pointless multiplayer
Twitter

ND have forgotten what made the first game so successful.

A good *single* player game!

dj_ozz said:

September 23rd, 4:15 am

how did naughty dog got an idea about the locations from NEPAL………do any one knows about it.

PIRATKOPIA said:

September 23rd, 4:25 am

dj_ozz :

The Golden Child with Eddie Murphy ?

denker2406 said:

September 23rd, 4:29 am

Can´t wait!

Unex said:

September 23rd, 4:46 am

I´m just saying same as the rest of guys… Cant Wait!

Fsk-Kain said:

September 23rd, 5:21 am

Noooooj said:

September 23rd, 8:43 am

Hey Chris, long time reader of the Playstation Blog, first time commenter.

I had to comment on your awesome avatar. Looks like you’re a Radiohead fan eh? They’re my favourite too! Glad to see you rocking the Radiohead bear!

RUHOLY said:

September 23rd, 11:41 am

I bought the first game when it was released, so it’s seems to me that in the game-play video running on the screen in the background that the game took a turn. I’ll play the new one, but I have mixed opinions so far as to the quality which is shown. It will have to look realistic for me to enjoy it completely. Anyways, I am sure the kids will love it… lol

sazzrah said:

September 23rd, 12:43 pm

*cries* This game is being released SMACK in the middle of my research project deadline at university… research project, or uncharted? Mmmm… must resist!

wywern209 said:

September 23rd, 3:47 pm

i just pre0ordered uncharted 2 from amazon. it shall ship on october 19. FUN! can’t wait. I also ordered batman arkham asylum to keep me from bouncing off the walls in the coming weeks before uncharted 2 arrives at my doorstep.

mcvande22 said:

September 23rd, 4:27 pm

wow, this game looks amazing
I wish they’d release it later so I could put something on my Chrismas list!

add me if you wanna play some games
mcvande22

dj_ozz said:

September 24th, 3:39 am

thanks for the update

omerunited said:

September 24th, 10:47 am

this game looks awesome this and MAG are going to be a mustbuy

TornadoZadar said:

September 24th, 12:48 pm

Nobody asked Amy about the Fortune Hunter edition, dammit.

Anyway, there isn’t much to talk about the game itself, pre-order it, now.

WhiplashTwoZero said:

September 24th, 3:39 pm

I’m starting to feel the Fortune Hunter edition is a bunch of bull crap.

Sideswipe187 said:

September 24th, 4:20 pm

I really cant wait but i will have to , cause my PS3 is on its way back from repair.lol… I expect nothing less for SONY , PS beat out all of the gaming system, like 3DO, NEO, Atari,NES, and Saga. And yes even the “XBOX”. AND STILL CHAMPION PLAYSTAION !!!!!! CODMW2 WHERE YOU AT!!!

VendettaLion said:

September 25th, 4:06 am

I am amazed with this title. The first experience blew me away; and engrossing myself in as much information as possible for the second I predict this title will do the same. This is my favorite franchise developed this generation… strong words I know, but Shigeru Miyamoto has my childhood and his contribution to gaming is the only reason I wouldn’t call this series the greatest I’ve played, yeah I know it was only one game! I hope these guys at Naughty Dog stay inspired because sky is the limit with their talents and this franchise. My only gripe… why is it impossible to get the Special Collectors Edition for Uncharted 2? I am very found of the collectors editions (especially this one) and it is really a shame that my collection will go incomplete because I cant get a hold of one of these awesome collectables. If anyone at the blog has any comments they could pass on to Naughty Dog ask them why cant Vendetta Lion get that amazing collectors edition. Then tell Naughty Dog don’t ever stop making these great games (or contributions to art).

GKFinns said:

September 25th, 10:43 am

Dear Mr. Blog Admin Sir,

Has there been any update on non-beta related ways to win a Fortune Hunter’s edition of Uncharted 2 yet? I work too often to really dig into the beta sadly, and was really hoping for a different approach. I will do anything for it.

Sincerely,
Matt

VTEG_PT said:

September 25th, 11:55 am

Please Naughty Dog Fix the Uncharted 2 site i cant download the wallpapers artworks icons etc
Oh and, i am from portugal and i am Naugty dogs bigest portuguese fan

eddyroc said:

September 27th, 7:37 am

honestly how could you own a xbox with this game on ps3 always loved everything naughty dog has done, best developer EVER!

hector2ortega said:

September 27th, 12:00 pm

Amy Henning is AWESOME!!! This game is going to rock. Naughty Dog you should be really proud of what you have done with Uncharted, I’m sure everyone at Naughty Dog is like sitting back and saying …yeah we f**king rock guys high five everyone…high five. I have one more thing to add, I just read the November issue of PSM and I read that there is an Uncharted Movie in the making, I’m completely hyped about that but I have one problem …Matthew McConaughey as Drake that’s a huge mistake. I think that Nolan North would be perfect for the part hes the only person that can play Drake, I mean he looks like him he is the voice, and the humor will be there oh hell he is Drake but that’s just my input but please just make sure that if you don’t use Nolan that you look around to find a great actor for Drake.

PretzelAddict said:

September 27th, 7:12 pm

when i see awesome games like this come out exclusively for the ps3, i wonder why any one would rather have a 360. i loved the first uncharted and it looks like it only gets better. the gameplay looks absolutely entertaining and well put together. i played the online beta and the graphics are absolutely unbelievable. drakes fortune was the first ps3 game that really sucked me in, so this is definitely a buy for me.

KILLZONE_LFC said:

September 28th, 6:48 am

Can’t wait for this to come out, im in the beta and its awesome. All i want to know is how i can get the fortune hunter edition ;)

EliteHitokiri said:

September 30th, 12:02 pm

Amy you are awesome! Now can I get a Fortune Hunters Edition? Please??????????????????

EliteHitokiri said:

September 30th, 12:04 pm

BTW
I primarily game on the xbox360, but I’ve been on my ps3 since the demo. I loved the 1st game and even though I beat it before trophy support I’m doing it again. I’ve been in both Ucharted2 mp demos and have this game ordered at BB and GS and I’d preorder a 3rd if the Fortune Hunter Edition would be sold. I would’ve payed money for the 1st mp beta….words can’t express how great the current demo is! Amazing job, well done Naughty Dog! I don’t know what I must do but you name it and I’ll do it 4 that Fortune Hunters Edition! I see my xbox360 getting very lonely and dusty now…I didn’t think anything could pull me off Gears of War 2…I’m a legit lv100 Veteran Gear 2!

ecortiz91 said:

October 1st, 11:35 am

this game will rock the planet like bambaataa!!

JaKhris said:

October 12th, 10:01 am

Can’t wait for this game! I’m so pumped! I’ll be playing from start to finish with NO interruption. Yeah, come on, who’s up to the challenge? =P

Anyways, thanks for the updates. :)

Oh, by the way, I’ll say this again…PLEASE bring some Fortune Hunter Editions over to the European continent. You have fans here! :)

Chris, huge ND fan