PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Sep 23

Sep 23

God of War III E3 2009 Demo Included in God of War Collection

John Hight's Avatar Posted by Director of Product Development, Santa Monica Studio

You have seen the videos and you have seen the screens, soon you will have the chance to play what the lucky hundreds experienced at E3, Comic-Con and PAX. Coming this fall, we are happy to announce to fans that God of War Collection will include the long-awaited God of War III E3 2009 Demo. Each copy of God of War Collection will include a voucher code that can be redeemed through PlayStation Network on the day of purchase. This is your chance to experience God of War III before it hits store shelves March 2010.

Just recently announced on the blog, God of War Collection features remastered versions of both God of War and God of War II on a single Blu-ray Disc at full 1280 x 720 resolution with 2x anti-aliased graphics. Both critically acclaimed games, which were originally developed for the PS2, are running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience on your PS3. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring PSN trophy support to the franchise for the first time. God of War Collection will be available in November. Keep an eye out for video gameplay soon.

God of War III Screenshot 6

Add Your Own

hermes200 said:

September 23rd, 12:31 pm

Wait… So, the GOW3 demo won’t be available unless I buy this remake of two games I already own?? That is shady…

Link01 said:

September 23rd, 12:31 pm

I wuv you guys bunches >~<

Sponge-worthy said:

September 23rd, 12:31 pm

Will the demo have all the content that was actually shown at E3? Or will it be more akin to the pusillanimous E3 footage we got from the PSN store?

IceCold said:

September 23rd, 12:32 pm

Great stuff! I’ve played and beaten both games. Trying to figure out if I should do it again with my current game backlog.

Ejsponge61 said:

September 23rd, 12:36 pm

This is an awesome thing you guys are doing. Now I bet you guys will sell a crap load more copies, along with mine.

gold5225 said:

September 23rd, 12:37 pm

Buying this Day 1!

redtailman said:

September 23rd, 12:37 pm

looks like I’m getting this now

Figboy said:

September 23rd, 12:37 pm

i expected this to happen, but it’s always nice to have confirmation!

as if i wasn’t going to snatch up this collection anyway (even though i already own both GoW games), this just sweetens the pot!

thanks!

letherclad said:

September 23rd, 12:37 pm

…Holy crap, thats unbelievably amazing. The collection was already a day 1 buy for me, but now its a contender for game of the year!

maddymad said:

September 23rd, 12:39 pm

Damn! that’s the best news of the day!
I’m from Europe and I’ll import the game. Will the code work with my NA USA account?

rafael_martines said:

September 23rd, 12:39 pm

Hell Yeah! Now, I will buy this!

B-RadGfromOV said:

September 23rd, 12:40 pm

That big fire-golem guy looks mentally challenged.

ten3ightyHD said:

September 23rd, 12:41 pm

And the word I’m looking for is….. AWESOME!!!!!

Cory5150 said:

September 23rd, 12:41 pm

Wise Business move sony, Will buy day one.

spoonTRex said:

September 23rd, 12:41 pm

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why not include the demo on the disc? Why not allow us to save our HDD space, bandwidth and the time it takes to download the demo? Why not spare users the frustration of crappy voucher cards that tell us to scratch off to get the code that ACTUALLY includes the a sticker instead of something scratch off and has the tendency to RIP the code if not pulled off slowly and carefully?

Yeah, I’m still getting the collection. And yeah, I’ll definitely be downloading my GOW3 demo. But, come on! Why can’t you guys do that?

maddymad said:

September 23rd, 12:41 pm

I mean my NA PSN account ^^

Moosehole said:

September 23rd, 12:43 pm

Aaaaaand preorder complete.

DeathGazer said:

September 23rd, 12:43 pm

Awesome news.

I’m coming for you, Helios.

Caires said:

September 23rd, 12:43 pm

This is very good news for us that wasn’t able to try this e3 demo in LA. Thanks a lot!

Enforcer_X said:

September 23rd, 12:44 pm

You sir, John Hight, ARE MY HERO!
I have had the GoW Collection preordered since the first announcement.

Can’t wait!

Kemib83 said:

September 23rd, 12:44 pm

Where can i pre-order this game? im checking all over the net and nothing is coming up

JL84wolf said:

September 23rd, 12:45 pm

I want to see GoW collection on video HD before buy it…

EmpireNO said:

September 23rd, 12:45 pm

I f’ing hate that I have to import both Demon’s Souls and the God of War Collection. Go SCEE! Not.

MarinoBrea said:

September 23rd, 12:46 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StealthBlade98 said:

September 23rd, 12:46 pm

Wow, I have to hand it to Santa Monica Studios. I would have expected this to not have a demo primarily cause it’s 3 months away from full version.

Good job. I have both games, although I lent the other one to my cousin, but I’m definitely going to pick this bad boy pack up. with trophies this just makes it even better. :D

Atomika14 said:

September 23rd, 12:47 pm

I preordered GOW3 and the Collection months ago… I am so excited, my head is ready to explode.

With all the awesome games coming soon, the next few months for PlayStation 3 will be incredible.

DTXSFC said:

September 23rd, 12:48 pm

Throw in PSP God of War Chains of Olympus as a digital download with the collection and you’ll have an epic. Wish list is getting bigger by the month.

TrueFFVIIFan said:

September 23rd, 12:48 pm

Hey John! I LOVED YOUR SERIES- GOW. Both games are awesome to play. Truly, but what pissed me off the most is that there is NO OPTION FOR SUBTITLE?!?!? WTF??? Don’t get me wrong (and don’t say that is understandable!). Since you HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ADD TROPHY SUPPORT, REMASTER BOTH GAMES INTO 720P, SUPPORT WIDESCREEN AND ETC… BUT WHY NOT ADD SUBTITLE? That sucks big time for me because I am deaf (don’t mind why I wanted to identify myself as a deaf), but really- I do consider that as an insult. I am curios to see if you plan to add subtitle to GOWIII game? If not, then you are not better than most developers out there, period. But at least, please do me a favor- not me, but a general population a favor: ADD subtitle for both games when it comes out this November. PLEASE.

Enforcer_X said:

September 23rd, 12:48 pm

@71 Kemib83

Maybe you missed one of the largest online retailers?
Amazon dot com

Dr-Bos said:

September 23rd, 12:50 pm

I’ve got a question. I live in Europe and during the holiday season I will be in the States for a few days. I was thinking about buying the game there, since it’s regio-free and all. I’m just wondering if I can use the code to download the demo in the European Store.

Or you can just announce the collection for Europe, that way it’s more easy to me.

Shinra_Soilder said:

September 23rd, 12:51 pm

Wow. I was planning on getting this in January to cut back on games to buy but now….the temptation is very strong.

MoneyMaker110 said:

September 23rd, 12:51 pm

and i just pre ordered the other day

Starfire07 said:

September 23rd, 12:55 pm

This looks awesome and I love the idea of remastering older great games. Please remaster Shadow of the Collossus! That game would look amazing at 720p.

GGCAN said:

September 23rd, 12:56 pm

Thanks John.

Was going to purchase the War Collection and heard all the rumors of a possibility of having GOW III demo included.

Now it’s a definate purchase for me.

dragonmagician said:

September 23rd, 12:56 pm

I hope the demo code is inside the game case since my local EB games always says they don’t have the preorder cards (I think the employees are stealing them).

Gorvi said:

September 23rd, 12:56 pm

Yeah, like I wasn’t buying it already. :) Still, it’s awesome to know I’ll at least get to try God of War III in November!

TheGuardianFID said:

September 23rd, 12:57 pm

FREAKING AWESOME!!! o_O :D

BrianMcGuinness said:

September 23rd, 12:57 pm

OMG! I’M THE FIRST COMMENT!!! I’M COOLER THAN EVERYONE!

nv_Los said:

September 23rd, 12:59 pm

BY THE BEARD OF ZEUSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kesy said:

September 23rd, 1:00 pm

Don’t get it…the FREE demo is coming out in a couple of months after..

anticulture said:

September 23rd, 1:01 pm

I would have preferred to have all of the GoW games on one disc. How cool would it have been to have GoW, GoW II and GoW: CoO on the same disc with GoW III?

Also, it would be nice to make these downloadable games, as well.

Definitely looking forward to the collection treatment for other franchises. Team ICO *hint hint*. :)

Crotin said:

September 23rd, 1:02 pm

Must buy!…and who’s rating this announcement any lower than a 5??

hermes200 said:

September 23rd, 1:02 pm

@80: You can also make a US account and download it from there. Downloaded content is available to all the accounts in the PS3

Ehahneli-13 said:

September 23rd, 1:03 pm

GREAT news! I can’t wait for this superb collection and the demo just tops it off. Now PLEASE do a similar thing for team ICO’s games before The Last Guardian releases.

DominicanNinja said:

September 23rd, 1:05 pm

yes i cant wait

link1983 said:

September 23rd, 1:05 pm

Yeah thanks sony, For not releasing this over here in the UK. Once again the games industry is throwing everyone else’s scraps when as a ‘percentage’ we have a larger game base than the US. Also we are the biggest games buying country in the EU. On top of that I am one of the biggest fans in the country. I have bought all of the action figures for god sake. I also purchased a PSP for God of War: Chains of Olympus and sold it when I finished it. I am going to import this. I hope your happy! I am one angry kratos fan.

Trey630 said:

September 23rd, 1:09 pm

Ok now im officialy sold :D

CloudStorm87 said:

September 23rd, 1:10 pm

Ok that’s it. I was gonna import it anyway coz I love GOW so much and I wanna enjoy these games again in HD glory @ 60fps before GOWIII comes out. But a chance to play GOWIII also months before it comes out?? HELL YEAH! I’m 120% importing this baby.

However, I’m not sure where I can import it from though. I’m not too keen on buying from eBay. So if any fellow gamers know any good e-tailers who ship to the UK from, please kindly send me a message on PSN. Thanks :)

BigBoss712 said:

September 23rd, 1:12 pm

Nice thanks for adding it, wish it was an updated version but that’s still pretty cool.

Spurvugle said: