Overwatch

Sep 29

Sep 29

MotorStorm Arctic Edge — A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Making Of: Part 4

Scott McCarthy's Avatar Posted by Director, Product Planning & Software Innovation, SCEA

Hello Everyone,

MotorStorm Arctic Edge is finally here for the PSP and we have the 4th and final iteration of the “Making Of” video series to share with you. The teams at Bigbig and Evolution have really enjoyed your comments to the video series to date and are really looking forward to you getting your hands on the game. If you have been watching the series, you know that a lot of time and effort went into making Arctic Edge a title that brings the best of the MotorStorm brand to the PSP and PSPgo. (If you missed them, be sure to check out parts one, two and three!).

For part four, Bigbig Studios unveils a bit about the creative inspiration and artistic differences that make Arctic Edge unique, yet maintain all the things you already love about MotorStorm. They also talk about the challenges taking a game as big and as beautiful as MotorStorm and bringing it to the PSP in a way that is uncompromising to fun and graphic quality you are expecting from a MotorStorm title.

We had a lot of fun bringing you this series and hope you will have more fun playing MotorStorm Arctic Edge, available now on UMD and available on the PlayStation Store October 1st.

Add Your Own

ts23245 said:

September 29th, 1:34 pm

Urgh. I want this game so much.

dotCody said:

September 29th, 1:35 pm

Not more PSP games…please…

ts23245 said:

September 29th, 1:36 pm

Want

BurntOrange32 said:

September 29th, 1:36 pm

I’m excited! Amazon just shipped my order today, it’ll arrive tomorrow.

tetsou9shima said:

September 29th, 1:38 pm

There is going to be a crazy big update thursday….can’t wait.

tetsou9shima said:

September 29th, 1:40 pm

@2 What the heck is that about……some of us actually enjoy our psp’s

RuthlessEd said:

September 29th, 2:12 pm

#2 Yah, they should stop making games for the PSP…and then launch the PSPGo a few days later.

Great thinking Sherlock.

CRONIC_GAMER said:

September 29th, 2:30 pm

Seriously what good is a mobil version of the blog if you can’t watch the videos on a mobil device silly goose make it happen

TheGuardianFID said:

September 29th, 2:32 pm

This sucker is SOLD!!! :D

KinjiroSSD said:

September 29th, 2:37 pm

Can’t wait to download this on my pspgo next week.

Also, nice selection of music. Invaders must die is an amazing album.

dotCody said:

September 29th, 2:45 pm

@6
@7

Go back to the European forums.

RuthlessEd said:

September 29th, 3:00 pm

Why would I go to the European forums? I live in North America.

And I don’t come to a Playstation Blog and complain that they’re talking about too many Playstation games.

Only idiots do that.

Brapp347 said:

September 29th, 3:23 pm

Is beaterator coming out today?

dotCody said:

September 29th, 3:27 pm

@12
You got a problem with me wanting more blog posts about PS3 games, kid?

remanutd5 said:

September 29th, 6:20 pm

PORTABLE LUNATICS UNITE!!!! man the wait is getting harder to control , i almost bought the UMD game today but then i said no i’ll wait till thursday to get it from the playstation store after i come back from best buy with my psp go , i hope we get to race online against psn friends cuz my bro, nephew and a friend are getting the game too

remanutd5 said:

September 29th, 6:26 pm

one more thing thank you Big Big and EVO to make one of my dreams come true , since i played the first motorstorm ( which i got on released date btw ) i always wanted a portable version of the game so i can race everytime i travel ( thats the best part of my job ) lol , thank you guys , and to sony we want Heavenly Sword 2 , MAKE IT HAPPEN

RuthlessEd said:

September 29th, 6:49 pm

#14,

Then just say you want more posts about PS3 games. Don’t be an ignorant pinhead and say stuff like, “Not more PSP games…please…”

Because a good percentage of us want MORE info about PSP games.

This isn’t a PS3 blog. It’s a Playstation blog.

If you can’t deal with that concept, scamper back to your little damp spot under the bridge.

midnightshade said:

September 29th, 7:52 pm

@14 — Kid? Most of us here are over 20… we grew out of the snes and into the PS1 back in the 90’s and moved on to the ps2 and yes the PSP and PS3… i am 31 btw..so think before you speak…there’s a free life lesson for you. I for one love both my psp and ps3, if you can’t see the value in owning basically a mini ps3 with ps2 graphics in your pocket, then you are the one with problems. This is a psp game, and a new iteration of the psp launches in 2 days…. you are going to see loads of psp stuff, get used to it and stop complaining..lol

Now that’s over with on to the game! This game looks great! Motorstorm(and heavenly sword..you hear me sony?) was one of the games that got me to buy a ps3. Going into that kiosk and playing the demos back in early 2008 was such a thrill being a pc/ps2/psp/ps1 gamer before that I seen nothing like it. It was a style for a off road games of dreams.. and i bought and loved the 2 games on ps3. I will be scooping this up come release. I heard it was great from the psnation guys…this looks like it captures what motorstorm is about, and being on my favoirte handheld is a great thing!

Angelus_55 said:

September 29th, 7:55 pm

Nice. Might have to pick this up.

dotCody said:

September 30th, 1:14 am

@17 & 18

I like how this blog post has less than 25 comments, but, blog posts about Uncharted 2 have over 100 comments in less than a day. Makes ya wonder ;)

RolexDPracer said:

September 30th, 5:21 am

I never thought I’d say this; but to me this looks more interesting than GT PSP. I’ll be picking this up for sure.

awsome_robot said:

September 30th, 7:27 am

I just got the game and love it, however, my pre-order code for the Mirage rally car isn’t working. Any news about this is would be appreciated.

RuthlessEd said:

September 30th, 7:27 am

#20 This is PART 4 in a multi-part blog thread. There have been hundreds of posts about this game already. The fact that people aren’t still commenting, doesn’t mean that we haven’t been.

Get back under your bridge before another troll takes your spot.

remanutd5 said:

September 30th, 7:44 am

at 22 hows the online ?? can you race against you psn friends???

Den_of_Iniquity said:

September 30th, 10:49 am

I will try to pick this game up but first i need to fix my analog stick it goes backwards when i’m pushing forward. Doesn’t anybody know someone that could fix this?

XboxOffender said:

October 1st, 1:50 am

I’m in love with my PSP already. Yes, there are plenty of great games out there. But day by day, less new games are coming to the PSP.

Come on, Sony! This is the best gaming system ever.

Grrrrrrr. @_-