Final Fantasy XV

Oct 06

Oct 06

Big Surprises at the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Cinema Events

Chris Morell's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

Last night, four UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves cinema events simultaneously took place across the country, one of them on our very own home turf of San Francisco. It was a night packed full of fun, surprises, special guests and crazy excitement.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Cinema Event 1

For starters, fans (100 of you, to be exact!) and media were greeted by UNCHARTED 2 on the big screen upon entering San Francisco’s Landmark theater. From there, a brand new section of the game’s single-player campaign (in the snowy Himalayas) was shown and introduced by Naughty Dog Creative Director Amy Hennig, who then shocked the crowd by announcing that everyone would be going home with a copy of the game…eight days early!!! Needless to say, the place erupted. Shortly after, we caught up with Amy about the whole experience.

From there, a multiplayer tournament kicked off on a never-been-played map, with a Fortune Hunter Edition up for grabs to the winner. Emotions ran high (take that, people trying to watch the French indie flick next door!) and we discovered that many of you have definitely been practicing MP in the recent demo. All the action could be seen on the movie theater screen, running through Sony Electronics‘ 4K digital cinema technology, with Senior Vice President Mike Fidler on hand to tell us how the 4K projector is the perfect fit for big-screen gaming.

For all that and more, take the video for a spin. And thanks to everyone who made it out to San Francisco, Bellevue, Thousand Oaks and Rosemont. We surely hope the night was worth your while!

And in case you’re wondering, tonight’s October 6 event is completely sold out in all four locations!

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves SF Cinema Event 2 UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves SF Cinema Event 3

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

Neil said:

October 6th, 3:34 pm

Aaaaaaand how!

skrillazoe said:

October 6th, 3:36 pm

I’m Still pissed about that….

VivaGardner said:

October 6th, 3:37 pm

Is this a rub it in your face article? That’s how it feels.

Chris Morell's Avatar

Chris Morell said:

October 6th, 3:40 pm

Ha! No, it\’s more of a \”we love our fans\” post. Make sure to watch the vid though…there\’s some good stuff in there :-)

Maguss said:

October 6th, 3:37 pm

I hope I get a copy of the game!! I’m going to the thousand oaks event tonight. I’m ditching my GF and friends, it would suck if i went home empty handed :(

Miles514 said:

October 6th, 3:37 pm

Man i am really jealous! Any chance their will be events like this for things like god of war or something? If so how about doing it in North carolina?

reetr said:

October 6th, 3:38 pm

I went to the October 5th event in LA!!! It was so awsome, my team won 3rd place in the tournament! I had a great time…and Uncharted 2 rocks!!Keep it up sony

VivaGardner said:

October 6th, 3:38 pm

Is this a rub it in your face article? That’s what it feels like.

redbaron788 said:

October 6th, 3:39 pm

too bad you left out half the country for these things. would’ve liked to go to one

DjLess said:

October 6th, 3:39 pm

I wish i had been there :)

Fuji727 said:

October 6th, 3:39 pm

What a night. I couldn’t have asked for more: insane new single player gameplay on a huge digital screen, got the game a week early, and won the Fortune Hunter Edition (totally in the backpack of the crazy good guys and gal on my team). Still buzzing.

EvoAnubis said:

October 6th, 3:40 pm

Sounds like everyone had a really good time! Wish I’d’ve been able to make it!

enjOisk8boards said:

October 6th, 3:40 pm

The thing is that I was supposed to go, but I just got my license to drive their today….. [DELETED].

I’d pay 500 bucks to get my hands on the fortune hunter edition, sucks that the true fans won’t be able to grasp it.

Ratchet_Co said:

October 6th, 3:41 pm

I’m jealous lol. Wish I could go.

JayJacobK said:

October 6th, 3:41 pm

When will the next batch of Fortune Hunter Editions be given away? Will there still be a contest on PlayStation Home?

Asad Qizilbash replied on September 4, 2009 at 7:28 pm
Yep we built a limited amounts to win only. You’ll have chances to win it here on the blog, in HOME, other places we’ll announce.

tagout said:

October 6th, 3:41 pm

Bring the event to NYC.

Thrasher20 said:

October 6th, 3:42 pm

I haven’t been on the blog in forever!!!!!

I been missing out on stuff mang…

this event looks sweet

DeathSoldier11 said:

October 6th, 3:42 pm

I was going to go, but my brother didn’t, so I didn’t go. I would like to have a free Uncharted 2 game especially the Fortune Hunter Edition!

Tr3p1dat10n said:

October 6th, 3:42 pm

Lucky mofo’s :(

TurismoM3 said:

October 6th, 3:43 pm

Can’t wait…….. I’m itching to play this. Pre-ordered today.

WestSiide said:

October 6th, 3:44 pm

thats crazy!! now wish i woulda gone… thousans oaks is only about 30 mins away!!!

ShdwDrake said:

October 6th, 3:44 pm

When will us peons be able to win the fortune hunter edition?

brinstarx said:

October 6th, 3:46 pm

Thanks for having those events. I went to the one in Bellevue and it was a lot of fun. The behind-the-scenes videos at the start of the event were really interesting. I’m planning on finishing Uncharted 2 before the release date. I hope I’ll be able to post a blog post about it before the release date as well. :-)

lets-be_azn said:

October 6th, 3:46 pm

i’m WAY WAY WAY to jealous to get a game now
is there going to be like a special edition of this later?

HellShot said:

October 6th, 3:47 pm

Great Event in Thousand Oaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ftwrthtx said:

October 6th, 3:51 pm

Great gaming in SF. Nice to see you and Jeff again.

Big thanks to Sony and Naughty Dog for this awesome event and I can;t wait until the next one.

DaWolf619 said:

October 6th, 3:52 pm

They gave away the game at the SF event?? Me am cry. I love my triplets and 3yr old with every fiber of my being, but I could’ve had Uncharted 2 right now!! :(

DriftBanana said:

October 6th, 3:52 pm

That sounds like a killer event, and I’m really bummed that I wasn’t able to attend one of them!

This 4k digital cinema thing sounds like a hack as far as gaming goes… It would be projecting an upscaled image, so why tout a 4k projection system that isn’t projecting something natively?

poodude said:

October 6th, 3:53 pm

They all got early copies…lucky. I’m too tired to complain about the Fortune Hunter Edition not coming to Canada anymore, I’m just so excited for this game. Naughty Dog really deserves the hype and the great reviews. They truly are the greatest devs in the industry, and all I can say is that October 13th can’t come soon enough. Luckily I have Operation Flashpoint 2 and Demon’s Souls to keep me busy over the weekend.

BigBoss712 said:

October 6th, 3:53 pm

aww lucky them, one more week to go, the beta will keep me happy till then.

AlbertWesker23 said:

October 6th, 3:56 pm

I took the afternoon and today off from work due to the late night and drove really far and was not able to participate in anything as I was the guest at the Chicago event. What does “everyone” constitute as you state in your post? I didn’t get a copy of the game.

I would have tried to get my own ticket, if I had known that this was the case. I wanted to leave an open spot so another person and his or her friend could have fun at the event, but that was a mistake on my part.

Overall, I just wish that we were more informed regarding the very limited experience that the second guest would have at the VIP event. I’m very disappointed.

PirateThom said:

October 6th, 3:56 pm

If I cry will you give me an early copy. :(

Raychul said:

October 6th, 4:00 pm

It was great meeting everyone there last night! :) Hope everyone is enjoying their new game!

Zinacef said:

October 6th, 4:00 pm

Well there goes the possible Fortune Hunter edition I could’ve gotten. Thanks guys!

KoRn555 said:

October 6th, 4:03 pm

I had the chance to go, but my gf mother kept question and wonder how long it was going to be, and blah blah blah… *sigh*

OmegaSpartan08 said:

October 6th, 4:12 pm

still no word on how to win the Fortune Hunter Edition on the Blog, or HOME, or the MP beta, or ANYWHERE for that matter! come on, guys, tell us who the winners are for the beta and how to win viz the Blog!

Craiji said:

October 6th, 4:13 pm

I had a ticket for yesterday, and thought it was today… woe is me

JKC31 said:

October 6th, 4:14 pm

Love the ice cream cone hair due you got going Chris.

Chocolate Swirl.

Pomato-EX said:

October 6th, 4:16 pm

Wish I was there, I could have gotten a copy of Uncharted 2 *mumble*

DaveMastrX said:

October 6th, 4:16 pm

Had an awesome time at the Uncharted 2 event last night in Thousand Oaks. Got home and played the first two chapters, and its more amazing than the first game in every way so far! Can’t wait till this weekend and I got time to marathon through this mind blowing game. GAME OF THE YEAR!!! THANKS NAUGHTY DOG!!!

BlooodyCow said:

October 6th, 4:18 pm

Why is it that NYC is always left out of Playstation blog events? I guess you guys don’t care about us New Yorkers.

VivaGardner said:

October 6th, 4:21 pm

VivaGardner said:

October 6th, 4:21 pm

I love you Naughty Dog, my other post just meant I wish I was there but I’m in Michigan

Balert said:

October 6th, 4:22 pm

I went to the Chicago event and I must say, it was awesome! Just being around a bunch of people interested in Uncharted was good, but actually winning the tournament, that was incredible. Team Roman HOORAH!

station3fever said:

October 6th, 4:27 pm

man i need that big screen tv in my bedroom lol

Blkant said:

October 6th, 4:27 pm

Thanks for completely ignore the state of Florida…. Not like we could use some cheering up or anything…. :(

inspace2020 said:

October 6th, 4:30 pm

I went to the Sony in Thousand Oaks, CA and it was INCREDIBLE!! Sony really knows how to show appreciation to their hardcore fans. There was free food, drinks and movie snacks. We got to check out 3 unseen parts of the game while one of the Co-Creators of the Uncharted 2 explained the technology of what was going on. There was also a raffle for a bundle of Sony games, DS3, headsets, and a PSP Go! Seeing the game on the big screen was amazing as well. Thanks for a memorable night Sony and thanks Naughty Dog for the FREE UNCHARTED 2 8 days before release!!!!

D-Squad3 said:

October 6th, 4:31 pm

Lucky people. So there isn’t a CE at all for Uncharted 2? Bummer.

Atomika14 said:

October 6th, 4:32 pm

My wife and I went to Thousand Oaks last night… Thanks to Sony and Naughty Dog for putting on a great event.

KazeEternal said:

October 6th, 4:33 pm

So Chris when you going to send me my Uncharted 2 Shirt :-D

Vengeful-Chaos said:

October 6th, 4:33 pm

Thank you for once again letting me know every damn event is never located in my state.

PAGE 1 2 3 4