PlayStation VR

Oct 08

Oct 08

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Has Cracked Gold

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone, wanted to drop by and share the happy news that Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time has officially gone gold and been released to manufacturing in North America. This means you can expect the game on October 27 in North America at your favorite game shop. It’s been an incredible experience seeing this game come together at Insomniac over the last year. From our earliest prototypes of Clank’s time gameplay, to the final space exploration levels that allow Ratchet to land on and explore spherical moons, there has been a ton of effort and love put into this game by the team here at Insomniac. We’re really excited to get it out to you guys, our fans, and let you experience the conclusion of the Ratchet & Clank Future story arc.

There will be much new content hitting over the next couple of weeks – including some special coverage on G4’s X-Play where you’ll see one of our time travel levels for the first time.

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

In the meantime though, head over to Game Informer to check out this special video we put together for their recent site re-launch. It’s all about the replay mode in the game. We spent a lot of time adding extra replay features, a special uber-boss you have to collect all of the Zoni to fight, the Insomniac Museum, optional super-hard Clank puzzles, and of course trophies, which are in addition to the Insomniac-created “Skill Points” we’ve had in all of our games since Spyro: Ripto’s Rage.

That’s all for now – if you haven’t pre-ordered the game already, we have some great in-game pre-order bonuses from our various retail partners Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy and Game Crazy. And if you haven’t checked out the Future series of games yet, Tools of Destruction is available as a Greatest Hits title now at $29.99 – so you have a couple weeks to catch up (when you’re not playing UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, of course).

If you have any questions, post them below and I’ll do my best to answer as many as I can!

Add Your Own

RoyalXIII said:

October 8th, 7:39 pm

Awesome, I’ve been waiting for this game since RCF:Q4B. I have a question though, if the game comes out the 27th, then how come gamestop lowered the date to the 20th? its really quit annoying, considering the fact that they did mark the release on the 27th before.

baahas said:

October 8th, 7:50 pm

Nice. I want to pre-order this but I’m confused though? What place/store has what pre-order bonus? In Canada?

Storage-Q said:

October 8th, 7:50 pm

@51 They switched it back to the 27th.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

October 8th, 7:55 pm

Congrats..insomniacs…this im sure is going to be one of the great PS3 games of the year..and i just want to add my 4 cents when i say that games like these xclusives..need to be alil more advance..in the multiplayer field of gaming.for instance..why oohh why not make this game a co-op adventure game..there are TWO MAIN CHARACTERS and it will make the game SUPER FUN. being able to play as Rachet OR Clank in a game would be a UNIQUE XPERIANCE..but i guess you guys really focus on GRAPHICS and WEAPONS..which I think is already great..but whatever..maybe on the NEXT game..I HOPE!

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

October 9th, 10:50 am

Well, Ratchet and Clank are sort of split up in this game because of the kidnapping.

Again though, we really wanted to create an epic single-player experience to close out this story arc – and sort of be a love letter to our fans.

jazzyrider said:

October 8th, 7:57 pm

Nice. You ain’t kidding though…not sure if I’ll have time to play this and Uncharted 2. Guess I’ll have to take some vacation time soon… :)

ADR143 said:

October 8th, 8:00 pm

GJ IG

Ennikguy said:

October 8th, 8:03 pm

There were skill points in spyro 2?

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

October 9th, 10:51 am

Indeed there were. And Spyro 3.

B-RadGfromOV said:

October 8th, 8:25 pm

The first Ratchet and Clank with trophies! Huzzah! But really Insomniac, much love, you make awesome games. Hope to get this soon after release if I can scrounge some dough.

sonicthemonkey said:

October 8th, 8:28 pm

Hooray, only a few more long weeks of apprehension.

Buuuuut, it seems like this game has been a bit…overexposed, maybe? Like, to the point where I have to go out of my way to avoid spoiling the game for myself. I’ve never had to do that for R&C before. I mean, the RYNO has already been given a lot of public coverage, the Insomniac Museum has already been announced and shown off to a degree, cutscenes galore are all over the place, plot points seem to keep leaking out, and now there’s a whole exposition on all the bonuses in new game+. Am I old fashioned for wanting these things to stay all mysterious until I’ve uncovered them for myself? :(

Must. Not. Look. At. Video. Only. A. Few. More. Weeks. *grabs arm to stop self*

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

October 9th, 10:56 am

Hah – people say it\’s under-exposed, others say over.

What I can say is we have almost entirely kept the third act under wraps. We have several levels no one has seen before (you\’ll see one of the time travel levels soon). Plus, with the exception of a few levels, you\’ve only seen little chunks of the others.

That said – if you find yourself sensitive to spoilers, by all means stop watching stuff. The game is less than 3 weeks away. :-)

Zinacef said:

October 8th, 8:29 pm

When’s the demo coming out?

spunnups said:

October 8th, 8:34 pm

Video doesn’t work…

heatseeker said:

October 8th, 8:35 pm

Awesomeness! i love Ratchet & Clank, but i wish they brought back multiplayer :'( multiplayer in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal was my most played game of all time!
hey maybe there is still hope!
on the back says multiplayer!
THERE MAY STILL BE A CHANCE!
Confirm or Deny James?
lol i fell like that guy from the new ps3 $299 commercials!
“Dear Playstation, I got tip that you making the ps3 $299…Confirm or deny?”
LOL

Destiny89 said:

October 8th, 8:41 pm

I seriously cant wait for this game, im buying this day 1

Jeigh said:

October 8th, 8:46 pm

@sonicthemonkey (59)

Yeah, I can relate. I’ve pretty much stopped watching any trailers, reading any posts or looking at pretty much anything- and I’ve STILL gotten some spoilers. It’s funny, because they were talking on the Full Moon Show earlier this year (before I stopped listening) about keeping things as ‘mum’ as possible, but they’ve really been doing a terrible job from what I can tell. Either that or they’ve simply got *so much* story that the excess is brimming over uncontrollably. But, somehow, I don’t see this story taking as long as an RPG, and those devs seem to do a fairly good job on the ‘hush-hush’ thing. Still, it’s R&C- it’s going to be fun, funny and unique regardless of pre-release coverage.

(Though a good part of why they’re probably covering the story so much more is because they, in fact, HAVE no multiplayer mode. I know some people are holding out hope, but they’re fooling themselves- there was no Beta, there’s been no footage, and multiplayer is a selling point they would most definitely emphasize. It’s not happening.)

kmac0378 said:

October 8th, 8:53 pm

I will be buying this, but probably not any time soon. I’ll be too busy with Uncharted 2 which I’m expecting to consume my gaming time for months. I can’t stop playing the DEMO let alone the full game. And then Modern Warfare 2 is hitting.

Major fail in my mind to release two of the biggest franchises on PS3 platform 2 weeks apart from each other and just a month before the sequel to the biggest game of all time. Why can’t developers work together and get games out during the late spring, summer and early fall months? Why must everything be crammed into a 6 week holiday buying season. Seems so lame to me.

But oh well, what are you gonna do? I’m hopeful people will remember this game come Christmas. There’s no reason not to. TOD was one of the best games I’ve played, next to Uncharted and I’ll eventually get to both.

kmac0378 said:

October 8th, 8:54 pm

And, it looks like we need to have a developer chat. So many solid questions about this game that need to be addressed. We’re getting so much access to the Naughty Dog team. I’m loving it.

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

October 9th, 11:02 am

But look at how many solid answers I ahve now provided!

Antihero951 said:

October 8th, 9:04 pm

I’m getting this game DAY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! But what’s with all these weird promos at different stores???! Why cant i just get all of the goodies as DLC or in a Special Edition??? Anyways keep up the goog work SONY!!!!

BigPoppaB said:

October 8th, 9:05 pm

I wasn’t that blown away with the first one on ps3.. so im gonna wait for a price drop

Erniejpan said:

October 8th, 9:17 pm

I LOVE YOU Insomniac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fluidshine said:

October 8th, 9:22 pm

Can’t wait for this game it is going to be uuhh-mazing!! Especially with the more open level approach and open-world traveling between levels. This will be an experience unlike any other Ratchet and Clank game!

JaguarCRO said:

October 8th, 9:48 pm

It seems that the video you linked to isn’t working on the GameInformer site. It would be nice if they could fix it or you guys could host it on the Playstation blog.

kelevra216 said:

October 8th, 9:55 pm

God bless Insomniac and Naughty Dog

MadmanEU said:

October 8th, 9:58 pm

I sincerely hope that “Conclusion of Future story arc” means we’ll be seeing a new arc arise in 2011, after R3 in 2010?

ATHF89 said:

October 8th, 10:02 pm

Me wantie!

DonnyG said:

October 8th, 10:08 pm

Oh Snap!

RidHood said:

October 8th, 10:18 pm

can’t wait for this game

Vergil3690 said:

October 8th, 10:43 pm

WOOHOO! I love the R&C games! Cannot wait! :D

ndw4 said:

October 8th, 11:33 pm

YEAH! I can’t wait 4 this game but if I were Insomniac I would feel a little showned up but by Naughty Dog. I mean Uncharted 2 is getting all the hype it deserves, but R&C:ACIT might just be better. “Hint, hint”.=)

ssp_619 said:

October 8th, 11:59 pm

I’m sorry guys, as much as I love R&C I’m gonna have to go with Tekken 6 you couldn’t have chosen a worst date, I’ll pick it up when it goes Platinum or GH.

Caires said:

October 9th, 1:47 am

When will this game come to Europe? Nice cover by the way.

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

October 9th, 11:02 am

I don\’t know if there is a final date yet, but it will be shortly after the US release. Hang in there, it should be known soon.

BulletTooth228 said:

October 9th, 2:02 am

With all due respect to Insomniac games.. i would like to take a minute and let you know that as a HUGE fan of RFoM i was floored and i mean wowed by the story on RFoM and it was such a let down when i played R2..

I understand the effort that you put in the multiplayer/co-op but Resistance had such an AMAZING story going for it and it felt tacked on on part2..

by all means i hope you guys capture the initial idea that you had with RFoM and keep it that way.. the artwork, the brownish feeling.. everything about it was Epic.. please please return to it’s origins with R3.. you will make 90% of your fans extremely happy..

Cory5150 said:

October 9th, 3:01 am

This is a Wack Update!!!

deathorglory9 said:

October 9th, 3:04 am

I am still slightly disappointed in lack of multiplayer as all ratchet and clank games have had great multiplayer. I am just hoping they do what they are doing with god of war.

PullusPardusUS said:

October 9th, 3:52 am

hey insomniac just a curious question.
why did you guys not patch the first two games with trophies? , was it not available by that time?

Kluv said:

October 9th, 5:14 am

YESSSSS, uncharted 2, ratchet and clank, these are going to rock my world. both the first ps3 versions of ratchet and uncharted are the only games i’ve beaten more than 5 times this gen. I love the replay value on both of them.

gmk218 said:

October 9th, 6:08 am

any word on r&c space and gear for HOME that would be epic ive played all the R&C series love it preordered this game 2 months ago on pins and needles in anticipation thanx where does racthet and clank go after this?

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

October 9th, 11:01 am

You should see some coverage of the Home Space out on the web today. I believe Kotaku has some. There\’s also a wicked cool R&C apartment space based on the Apogee Space Station.

We\’re really happy with how it turned out, and you\’ll get to check it out very soon.

LokeSTL said:

October 9th, 6:28 am

Awesome!! You should celebrate by adding trophies to the first two games!! Please?!!

Zookey said:

October 9th, 6:46 am

Congratulations!!! I can’t wait!!! It was so awesome to meet several Insomniacs at E3—my bro and I are starting an indie studio and you guys, and ND, are a huge inspiration to us! Keep up the good work–already have Among Thieves and Crack In Time paid off—my november is going to be packed with gaming goodness :-)

jelly14 said:

October 9th, 7:03 am

Congrats Guys! I know how hard you have been working to make this game, so I can only wait now! Errrr 18 days left :(

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

October 9th, 7:19 am

I don’t like the new box art for PS3 games, it’s inconsistent and the horizontal bar is too big. At least we should have a choice (pack-in both covers or something)

Michelasso said:

October 9th, 7:26 am

Yeah!! Give us trophies for the previous two games as well!! That would help sales as well, trust me!

Xoonaka said:

October 9th, 7:41 am

Can we go back to the old box art style? I know you guys are ditching the Spiderman font on posters and such, and that’s good, but the new box stylings just look so horrible and cheap….

I really love the old PS3 game box style.

Kesy said:

October 9th, 7:42 am

Gamestop has the game realease date as the 20th….is that accurate

James Stevenson's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

October 9th, 10:41 am

Unfortunately not. They\’ve corrected it to reflect the real release date, October 27th.

abrader said:

October 9th, 7:51 am

I cant wait to get this game.

Im playing size matters on my PSPGo currently :)

cleversignin said:

October 9th, 9:32 am

Already preordered. If my calculations are correct I should be done with Uncharted and Brutal Legend just as this arrives:) Very much looking forward to it.

IcedDice777 said:

October 9th, 9:40 am

Can we get a Trophie patch for Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty? I mean how difficult could it be when SONY’s even patching and remastering God of War 1 and 2 for crying out loud. Pretty Please?

IcedDice777 said:

October 9th, 9:40 am

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

October 9th, 10:59 am

A lot of work had to go into that God of War Collection. It\’s not as simple as you\’d think to re-open old projects, add stuff to them, re-test, re-submit through format QA, etc.

CowboyDan said:

October 9th, 10:41 am

Congratulations!

Thanks to IG for delivering great games every year for the past four years! That is a pretty amazing accomplishment.

I’ve got it pre-ordered, and will probably take a day off work to play!

sam_i_jam said:

October 9th, 10:47 am

Very excited to see Insomniac release the final story in the arc for Ratchet.

I think the polish on these games is totally top-notch and when comparing to Resistance (and it’s sequel) these certainly show that Insomniac’s forte is in the cartoony animation style and gameplay.

Can’t wait!

BabeBro said:

October 9th, 10:54 am

GameCrazy does not take online orders :o(

I want the PlayStation HOME skin, why would you guys limit the pre-orders to a retailer that doesn’t even take online purchases?