Marvel's Spider-Man

Oct 09

Oct 09

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier Hitting Shelves November 3 on PSP and PS2

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

With the PSPgo now on shelves, many of you may be wondering what new games are available on the ‘Go’. For all you Jak and Daxter fans out there, we’re happy to announce that Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier will be available for purchase on the PSPgo, PSP-3000 and PlayStation 2 on Tuesday, November 3. Check out the final packfront for Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier below:

Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier PSP

To help build excitement for the November 3 launch, GamesTrailers.com has provided an exclusive first look at the new trailer for Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier. Check it out!

Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier 1

Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier 2 Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier 3

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Nimoy23 said:

October 9th, 12:05 pm

1st.
I like turtles

B-RadGfromOV said:

October 9th, 12:07 pm

Boo. Bring them to PS3. Without guns.

JaredTequila said:

October 9th, 12:09 pm

The return of Jak & Daxter =WIN!

OmegaSpartan08 said:

October 9th, 12:10 pm

if it was developed by Naughty Dog i would try it but hey, don’t knock it til you try it.

Tyrsis said:

October 9th, 12:13 pm

There’s like six hundred of these games.

Nimoy23 said:

October 9th, 12:14 pm

Anyways, I’m glad they’re finally starting to release quality games on the PSP. I was worried that the PSP was turning into an epic PSP fail for Sony.
Thank you for bringing another great looking game for us portable users.
It would be great for both players and Sony’s sales if you could play these PSP games on the PS3. Here’s to wishful thinking.

Azure-Edge said:

October 9th, 12:14 pm

Awesome to see Jak and Daxter back. Are there any plans for a PS3 Jak and Daxter?

defpoet1790 said:

October 9th, 12:14 pm

Awesome! I can’t wait to get this on the PSP.

roseofmayix said:

October 9th, 12:15 pm

Its a pity Naughty Dog didn’t develop this game. From what I’ve read, it doesn’t look like its going to be worth playing. See Joystiq’s post about the game if you’re interested in seeing why.

Personally, I’m most disappointed by the fact that the script doesn’t feel Jak & Daxterish. Of course I’ve only seen the one video. It just doesnt feel right to me.

I’ll probably pass on this game.

mooleesnake5 said:

October 9th, 12:20 pm

Awesome…I may have to get this one…

mooleesnake5 said:

October 9th, 12:21 pm

Totally awesome cover art too

UNCyrus said:

October 9th, 12:21 pm

I’ve got high hopes for this game on PSP!

mafecto said:

October 9th, 12:25 pm

Pass. Not gonna be the same without ND at the helm.

REQUEST: We need a hi def rerelease of all three Jak games on one Blu Ray disc with trophy support.

dotCody said:

October 9th, 12:26 pm

We need classic Jak & Daxter games, for the PS3!

@1
Get a life.

rjejr said:

October 9th, 12:27 pm

The original Jak and Daxter on the PS2 is 1 of my all time favorite games. Then 2 was a GTA mission based game. Then 3 I just called 2 1/2 as it was more of the same. Then Jak X was a racing game. Now this I’ll take a pass on and hope for a true J&D game on the PS3 someday to rival Ratchet and Clank.

Dark_Vincent said:

October 9th, 12:27 pm

Ohh sweet, I didn’t even remember this game anymore, you guys kept it on low profile. <3 Jak & Daxter

Btw Jeff, Chris or whoever from PSBlog, could you issue a post or any sort of official announcement regarding all this spam that we are getting at the PSN? Lots of random people sending "Hi, the PSN achieved over 1 million accounts blah blah blah if you pass along this message to your entire Friends List you will receive $xx amount of credit on the PS Store by October 31st".

I've received over 10 messages like this from different people on the last 2 days. Seriously didn't people learn anything from e-mail spam?

Ennikguy said:

October 9th, 12:28 pm

Dark Daxter? The only reason Jak could go dark was because he was eco sensitive and daxter wasn’t

Yaholo said:

October 9th, 12:31 pm

This is great! A good game AND a release date! SCEA – if you just posted more release dates for upcoming game downloads we wouldn’t complain so much when skimpy Thursday’s came around. Let us know what to expect!

remanutd5 said:

October 9th, 12:33 pm

getting it for my new psp go for sure

Gringo234 said:

October 9th, 12:37 pm

A real sequel to jak & daxter without the guns and other crazy devices they get.

Separate Ratchet and Clank from Jak and Daxter. Thank you.

BlooodyCow said:

October 9th, 12:39 pm

booooooooo…… I want Jak and Daxter on the PS3 dammit

Maj1nX said:

October 9th, 12:39 pm

Funny how u get the rock band demo but when i went 2 buy it online it wasnt there. Why put the demo with the psp if its not even for sale on the psn. If im wrong let me know what section 2 find the game

trapper12 said:

October 9th, 12:43 pm

Finally a release date!!! I am a huge Jak & Daxter fan and cannot wait to get my hands on this game. Thank you Sony and High Impact Games and I can’t forget about Naughty Dog for creating the franchise as well.

taekw0nd0j0 said:

October 9th, 1:00 pm

I have been wanting another Jak and Daxter game for a while. It is my favorite series. I am just not sure what to think of this game though. Sure I’m going to buy it, but I have very low expectations. I do not think that Naughty Dog should have let anyone else touch the Jak and Daxter series. I personally thought Daxter was a really bad game. From the pictures I have seen, this game looks like a failure. I hope it isn’t, but I just have a feeling.

Flame060 said:

October 9th, 1:04 pm

Was hoping for new PS3 game :(

lombaxboy said:

October 9th, 1:05 pm

At first glance i wasn’t too excited to see this game. However it looks like it’s been taken care of through production. So I’m hoping that it’s worth a look, even though it’s not made by Naughty Dog, or on the PS3. I’m still expecting some fun… Funner than killing bugs.. In any case, looks better than it did before.

TheGuardianFID said:

October 9th, 1:10 pm

SOLD!!! :D

mister1337 said:

October 9th, 1:12 pm

Still not Dissidia on PSN, I don’t care and neither does anyone else.

xlux92 said:

October 9th, 1:21 pm

^^ totally agree with this guy

BrianC6234 said:

October 9th, 1:21 pm

I’m confused. It says this game is for the PS2, PSP Go and PSP-3000. Does PSP-3000 really just mean PSP? If you mean PSP just say PSP. I have a PSP-1000 and that could mean it won’t work on my PSP-1000 or the PSP-2000.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

October 9th, 2:09 pm

You\’ve got a point, but we were trying to keep it from turning into a super long PS2, PSPgo, PSP-1000 through PSP-3000 sentence.

Which I just kind of did.

In either case, it\’ll work on any PSP =)

lowhonor said:

October 9th, 1:29 pm

@29

the game will be available on UMD and for download. this means if you have any psp, you’ll be able to play it

sony was dumb for phrasing it like that and im sure many easily confused people out there are quite befuddled whenever sony refers to the psp1000/2000/3000, pspgo as if they are completely different systems.

KINGof210 said:

October 9th, 1:40 pm

YAY!! WOO-HOO!! HOO-RAAAAAYYYY!!!!

Lerkero said:

October 9th, 1:44 pm

That’s some slick cover art

KSPRAYDAD said:

October 9th, 1:45 pm

@30….

Yep…if they MEAN PSP they should SAY IT.

I’m still rocking my PSP1000 with broken UMD so welcome the new downloading emphasis.

spoonTRex said:

October 9th, 1:51 pm

I’m going to play the game, don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge J&D fan, but this doesn’t look like it has “awesome” all over it like the ND Jak games. Jak and Keira look weird for some reason, and what have you done to Daxter? He’s already touched by Dark Eco! You can’t just have a monster version of him from being immersed in it, or it would have already happened.

And that video: Papyrus? Are you serious? You can’t be, as any self respecting designer (motion or print) would steer clear of such a cheap, clichéd, and out of place type choice as Papyrus. OOOH! Now it’s all mysterious and epic!

Destiny89 said:

October 9th, 2:05 pm

Very nice! im buying this for ps2

pgsdi said:

October 9th, 2:42 pm

Its not by Naughty Dog so I’ll have to pass. too many bad reviews.

wanethemane93 said:

October 9th, 2:44 pm

Big J and D fan and Naught Dog fan. Even though they are not making this iteration, i know it will still be awesome and high impact will do a great job. but please. Naughty Dog make A J&D ps3 game. I Love Uncharted and picking up Among Thieves next week but i would love to play A new Jak game on the PS3. How about a Jak skin for Uncharted Multiplayer or even single player.

Globox_82 said:

October 9th, 2:57 pm

Hmm is it same date for us in EUROPE? Please answer on this one.

BTW- some of you haters need to chill out, give these guys a chance, i am sure they did fine job with this game, and if reviews are good and you are Jak/Daxter fan, then give them support.

IceColdKilla44 said:

October 9th, 2:59 pm

Awesome; can’t wait to play this. Jak and Daxter’s always been one of my favorites.

And may I just say….that cover art looks great!

Trifonturnusol said:

October 9th, 3:48 pm

I like High Impact Games, these guys have done great job making GoW: chains of Olympus. Secret Agent Clank also is a above-mediocre game. I have high hopes for this one.

But I still want a PS3 J&D game too…

Quamina said:

October 9th, 4:02 pm

Yeah Jak is back!

JOWhite said:

October 9th, 4:05 pm

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Making J&D a flight game? that is just ….awful….

ok Jak X was good as a racing game but gees a flight game? come on.

save yourselves the pain of low sales and keep J&D the way it was meant to be. a imple but challenging platformer *cough* Jak 3 *cough*

tolkienfanatic said:

October 9th, 4:12 pm

What is the price for this?

xOsamAx said:

October 9th, 4:21 pm

jimid said:

October 9th, 4:27 pm

You know, I’ll grab this from PSN day one… but as long as we’re wondering what new games are available on the ‘Go’, how about getting some of the old PSP games available on the PSP Go? I didn’t know I’d be slashing my games library by more than 2/3rds by choosing a Go over a PSP-3000. :(

hush404 said:

October 9th, 4:54 pm

Sweet :D I didnt know it was coming this quick.

TwiztedR3DHead said:

October 9th, 5:09 pm

OMG, Jak is back i cant wait to buy this one!!!

n4tacon said:

October 9th, 5:27 pm

I’m definitely gonna be getting this. Been a fan of J&D since I played J&D 2 way back. If it’s anything like Daxter was on PSP then it’ll be really good and fairly challenging. Gotta love Daxter! :D

BWILKIE said: