PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Oct 12

Oct 12

This Week on the SingStore

Erin English's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager

Hey everyone!

Erin English here with this week’s SingStore update.

SingStar - John Farnham "You're the Voice"

The SingStore update this week features new tracks to expand your song libraries with, including “Cotton Eye Joe” by Rednex, “You’re The Voice” by John Farnham and “You Were Right” by Badly Drawn Boy.

Best,
Erin

In English

• Badly Drawn Boy – “You Were Right”
  • John Farnham – “You’re The Voice”
  • Rednex – “Cotton Eye Joe”
  • Superfamily – “I Could Be A Winner”
  • The Stone Roses – “I Wanna Be Adored”

In Spanish

• Héroes del Silencio – “La Herida”

In French

• Alain Souchon – “L’Amour À La Machine”

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

dotCody said:

October 12th, 11:06 am

Sorry, but:
UNCHARTED 2 TOMORROW!

Nimoy23 said:

October 12th, 11:07 am

Agreed. Uncharted 2 tomorrow.

MakasuUS said:

October 12th, 11:08 am

:D

DeviantBoi said:

October 12th, 11:11 am

What’s the word on SingStar Latino? Is it being released this year?

saintaqua said:

October 12th, 11:11 am

Sorry, but this is the worst update ever.
I wonder if Sing Star is dead in America now?

It’s a pity since I’ve spent so much money on what was a great franchise.
Europe gets good updates but we get stuck with Cotton Eyed Joe and a couple of songs no one’s ever heard of.

If this is the future of Singstar, count me out.

FoolKiller79 said:

October 12th, 11:12 am

Where did you come from Where did you go
Where did you come from Cotton Eye Joe

Singstar needs more fun songs like these. More Weird Al and crazy oddities like this help add some humor to parties.

DeviantBoi said:

October 12th, 11:15 am

Oh, and please, more Heroes del Silencio. La Herida is a good song, but they have a bunch of better songs. Chispa Adecuada? Sirena Varada? Avalancha? Iberia Sumergida?

Caviglia said:

October 12th, 11:23 am

This is possibly the worst update I’ve seen. I appreciate the hard work, but they need to try MUCH harder.

LokeSTL said:

October 12th, 11:25 am

** RELEASE SINGSTAR WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.**

Also, quit giving us crappy songs. How about some Howard Jones or something with a little more quality. You guys are terrible at marketing and supporting a product. Listen to us or get lost please.

Taha said:

October 12th, 11:37 am

Why don’t you guys release some Indian songs to the US SingStore? You guys already made SingStar Bollywood for the PS2 (but only released in Europe)… atleast put those songs up on the store.

KSPRAYDAD said:

October 12th, 11:48 am

I’ve given up on this franchise for the NA market. Every other rhythm/signing game out there seems to have ZERO issues getting current North American talent into their games except SingStar.

Sub license the name to EA/Harmonix/MTV…let them run with it please.

ixnine said:

October 12th, 11:59 am

When can we see my favorite Brazilian singer CéU in SingStar? Sony, it would be awesome if you could look into her. :) please with sugar on top!

alexisb04 said:

October 12th, 12:05 pm

Uncharted 2 baby!! Tomorrow! :D :D

oh and uh… keep up the great work with the SingStore :D

Shook-Yang said:

October 12th, 12:06 pm

When is the US going to get the HOME rewards for some of the trophies for SingStar? It’s been about 6 months now.

Shook-Yang said:

October 12th, 12:09 pm

When are we getting the HOME rewards for the SingStar trophies in the NA region?

It’s been like 6 months.

Whovee said:

October 12th, 12:17 pm

really?…..stil no decent updates, it’s kinda like going to that neighborhood store that u know has nothing good but u still go because u found something decent there a few times. what does your music deal let u guys do?…..is it that u guys only get certain songs from albums or full albums and randomly pick songs off it?….please do something to save this game…..

P.S. Save Faith & a .45

mister1337 said:

October 12th, 12:27 pm

This week in the sing star store: more useless content for an abyssimal game no one plays. However, many of us do want to play Dissidia– which still isn’t on PSN.

INTVGene said:

October 12th, 12:34 pm

Terrible.

x3x1x said:

October 12th, 1:09 pm

I don’t normally do this, but need to make 1 song request since the SingStar updates have been very lacking the past few MONTHS, especially compared to the European update.

You really need to bring “Same Girl” by R.Kelly and Usher to the SingStore. It would be the best duet evar.

That said, looks like I’ll be creating a UK PSN account soon if these updates don’t improve.

Wiscompton said:

October 12th, 1:17 pm

LOL. Cottoneye Joe is considered one of the wost songs of all time. I like it when you tax dumb people with lousy taste in music. Please use the list below for future updates. Next week should have Rico Suave (#37).

th4nGthO_241 said:

October 12th, 1:20 pm

hi Erin,
i know you’re suffering from all the complaints but honestly, we’re all suffering from the recent updates.
You’d better think of a way to improve this or you’ll lose the market in the US region.
If you want our support, pls show us some love… well, soon enough.
Anyway, it’s good to have u here.
Better luck next time though.

chsbulldogs92 said:

October 12th, 1:22 pm

WTF? Why even bother with an update if you are not going to even at least half *** it (sad that half *** update would be acceptable)? Seriously you can’t be that dense to think US gamers would be thrilled with this and the past crappy updates. A great game shot down by an extreme lack of support. Don’t know why I am posting this as it won’t do no good… RIP US Singstar…

Se7enthSign said:

October 12th, 1:29 pm

@17 I wouldn’t say the game is abysmal, but the PS3 and Singstar certainly have one thing in common. Both have the potential to be epic, yet both have fallen short of reaching that potential.

Everything about Singstar is perfect except for the songs…a pretty important factor in a karaoke game. Wireless mics would be nice too.

Obviously, songs are never going to be EVERYBODY’s taste, but there are so many obvious issues and fixes that I simply don’t get. For one, why can’t songs from the PS2 be uploaded to Singstar online? That would GREATLY increase the value right away. Another option would be the ability to upload songs from discs to the HDD so you don’t have to switch all the time. Either that, or make entire discs available to download. There are so many ways to make the game better, but I feel like they are being ignored.

Senjutsu_Dav said:

October 12th, 1:29 pm

Make a website for the suggestions, and a place for suggestions on the main “online” section in the singstar games, where there is a list of all the musics that exist (simple, use the list from iTunes, it’s the biggest one).

Then we could see the top 10 wanted songs, and you make separate “wanted songs” for each “places”. I mean, one top for europe, one for US… (you could subdivide Europe too, depending).

Then instead of having TONS of new content nobody will download each week, we’d have, let’s say, 5-10 new songs per week based on the “top wanted” list. This way, nobody could say we don’t have what we want, and we would all have what we want (in general). You could also add other songs you want to add at the same time…

This is not even a suggesion finally, it’s NEEDED for the sake of this game. And I like this game, but if I have to buy other games like karaoke revolution (coming to the PS3) I’ll do so one day. Still, I prefer to have the videoclips and the way singstar is made. And I’d say that this game will die against karaoke revolution if it doesn’t do this.

lifes_avenger said:

October 12th, 1:29 pm

1 song I have heard of with 4 I haven’t… yet EU gets Lady Gaga, Marvin Gaye, Duffy, Robert Palmer, Supremes, etc… :(

Hopefully one day we could get the same choices…

Senjutsu_Dav said:

October 12th, 1:30 pm

(Read after the post before this one)

With what I ask for, EVERYONE will be pleased (well, the majority, wich is the reverse situation right now), it’s gonna be simpler for the devs to find the right songs to add, we’ll all buy the new songs since we’ve been waiting for them for months/years to come, you’ll make tons of money, we’ll pay and lose our money, but we’ll be happy to pay for those songs. And you’ll be happy to make money with those too…

Also, it takes one single guy one single day to build the web version of the website… Don’t tell me it’s hard to do this!! And even if you don’t use it all the time, having this would be a really good start for us to think you’re actually interrested in what we think..

Who’s with me? If you are, just say:
I WANT A WANTED LIST!

or just discuss… And even if nobody would wants it on this blog, it’s evident that it’s a need…

Please answer this.

Senjutsu_Dav said:

October 12th, 1:31 pm

Who’s with me? If you are, just say:
I WANT A WANTED LIST!

Please answer this.

th4nGthO_241 said:

October 12th, 1:34 pm

OF COURSE, I WANT A WANTED LIST AND A PROPER WEBSITE FOR THE US REGION !!!

Savage_Otters said:

October 12th, 1:51 pm

Such a bummer, the EU update is so good this week! I’m bringing singstar to a bachelor party this weekend and I wish I had some more songs to get excited about this week.

Biancardi said:

October 12th, 1:53 pm

John Farnham, HECK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’d buy the game just for that.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

October 12th, 2:00 pm

This update is feces.

TooMuchCoffeeMan said:

October 12th, 2:03 pm

Ugh. Yet another stupefyingly miserable update. I think it’s time to pawn this coaster off on GameStop; they’re currently offering an extra 25% trade-in credit.

btz said:

October 12th, 2:05 pm

Oh boy… absolutely horrible. I feel sorry for the US singstar team.

tearsofash said:

October 12th, 2:49 pm

You know how they say it’s better to let people think you’re a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?

I think they should learn from this, and not update until they can start having updates that aren’t utterly humiliating to the franchise. I’d rather have nothing at all than these updates. They say you can’t please everybody, but does this even please a minority?

trophies-_-lol said:

October 12th, 3:00 pm

ghostbusters

GordyNYC said:

October 12th, 3:11 pm

…and now for the SingStar Store update for everyone who enjoys to sing along with obscure bands no one’s ever heard of. Enjoy!

Starfire07 said:

October 12th, 5:44 pm

Haha. This is a great joke. I thought it was really funny but what are the real songs being released? This has to be a joke, right?

saintaqua said:

October 12th, 6:33 pm

No wireless mics.
No good updates.
No responses from anyone at SingStar hq or Sony to appease our anger.

Seriously, I know that licensing can be an issue, but you are SONY, you own like half the world’s music.

No more excuses and no more horrid updates. Get Universal licensed in the US and get us wireless mics.

And no, I don’t want to import them so no one suggest that, it’s stupid that we have to do that anyhow.

I want results for this franchise or I want it to just go away altogether.

Sorry to nag at your blog, Erin, but you people at Sony and Singstar need to listen to your fans!!

hoklee said:

October 12th, 9:05 pm

when are we going to get michael jackson singstar…?

Chapulin140 said:

October 13th, 3:47 am

Wow can’t believe the difference from the U.K update. Why SONY!!!!!

whistlepig75 said:

October 13th, 4:25 am

no responses yet ? lol agree that this update is laughable . they should have saved this one for april fools and title it as great new songs coming to singstore

marcuswvr2 said:

October 13th, 5:39 am

And SingStar Latino? Is it being released this year? Brazilian`s music? Give-me news

typikal82 said:

October 13th, 7:17 am

Oh god, Rednex? LOL, it’s one of those songs no one wants to pick but when they do everyone has a good time.

phillydave35 said:

October 13th, 7:31 am

how about even putting some of the more popular songs from the ps2 versions into the store, obviously you already have them licensed. my kids would love taylor swift from singstar country, but who wants to spend $30 for a couple songs that are actually decent on that?

wandererbr1976 said:

October 13th, 6:52 pm

Well, I think it’s pretty clear that SCEA doesn’t care about this franchise. The EU store gets 29 songs, the US store gets 6. Why not make it easy for us to buy EU content, then, since we don’t get barely anything in America?

mismoboy said:

October 14th, 11:41 am

When is Sony going to create a place for us to tell them what songs we would like to buy at the Sing Star store? Is there already a forum we can do this?

whistlepig75 said:

October 14th, 3:03 pm

there is a fourm but no one reads it on the playstation forums under singstar

MrTalKaLot03 said:

October 14th, 7:03 pm

RELEASE SINGSTAR WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.

and when will get good song In Spanish
please Tell Me !!!!!

XTommyDonX said:

October 15th, 8:48 pm

Another awful update as per usual. Can one single person at Sony recognize the mess of the SingStore and call a bit order to it? Whoever manages SingStar support in America should be ashamed of the waste of their great product with such terrible support. The quality of this update is not worth even a fraction of what Europe gets this week.
I wonder if they will ever learn.

big_e559 said:

October 16th, 4:00 am

Can you please add more country especially Carrie Underwood and some Nirvana too.

PAGE 1 2