God of War

Oct 13

Oct 13

Mushroom Wars Coming to PSN This Thursday for $9.99

Scott Hyman's Avatar Posted by VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

Hey everyone! It’s Scott at Creat Studios again, here to tell you about our seventh (yes, seventh!) release for PlayStation Network in 2009. Our new RTS, Mushroom Wars, will be available for $9.99 this Thursday, October 15.

Now, you’re asking, what exactly is Mushroom Wars? Do I have to battle evil, killer mutant zombie mushrooms? Well, as cool as that might sound, (hmmm…maybe there’s a future PSN release!), you don’t battle the mushrooms themselves, but you will do battle for the mushrooms. Mushroom Wars is a fast-paced and accessible RTS, with a quaint, anime-inspired visual style where you send your cute armies into battle, upgrade your mushroom bases, improve your weaponry and fight skirmishes in close-quarter maps.

We’re very excited about Mushroom Wars, and we’re confident that you’ll have a great time. Whether you’re pursuing a full campaign, or in the mood for a quick, five-minute RTS battle to jump-start your morning, Mushroom Wars is simply great fun.

Creat Studios wishes to continue to thank all of our fans who have played our PSN games this year. We greatly appreciate your support and your feedback. We can’t do it without you!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

tylerdurden30 said:

October 14th, 8:29 am

This game looks like a good way to pass the time. Hopefully its for the PSP too. Can’t wait for the update tomorrow to see what we are going to get for download for the psp.

VenomXv said:

October 14th, 8:45 am

I like this game because it reminds me a lot about Pixel Junk. I think it’ll buy it since I don’t play that many RTS games.

DTXSFC said:

October 14th, 9:52 am

Pixel Junk Mushrooms! lol, just joking.

LegendaryWolfeh said:

October 14th, 10:27 am

How do you keep comparing this to Pixel Junk Monsters when it’s hardly similar? in PJM you went around building towers to destroy the monsters coming. This is a war between two mushroom tribes who inhabit towers already prepared to take over the area, seriously, you need to figure out the differences between two different games, jeez.

Thrasher20 said:

October 14th, 10:53 am

Sounds pretty cool, especially that it’s RTS :)

Gr00v3r06 said:

October 14th, 11:06 am

This game looks like fun. So is there online? This game really needs to have online play.

ArSEnAL_nAsRi8 said:

October 14th, 11:11 am

This looks so unbelievably boring that you couldn’t pay me to play this.

ArSEnAL_nAsRi8 said:

October 14th, 11:12 am

boring, overpriced, load of old tosh

ArSEnAL_nAsRi8 said:

October 14th, 11:13 am

oops double post sorry

Aotar said:

October 14th, 11:36 am

PLEASE let us buy games with GOOGLE CHECKOUT or PAYPAL. I live in South America and have NO MEANS for buying psn games!!

jimfear said:

October 14th, 11:47 am

Im buying it! i love rts :D

andresash said:

October 14th, 12:58 pm

that thing look for girls and the music is lame

RazoricX said:

October 14th, 1:32 pm

Looks great… two things though. Sony needs to start doing mandatory demos on PSN (w/ user ratings) AND why is there no online mode for Mushroom Wars? Are you planning on adding online MP in the future?

Scott Hyman's Avatar

Anastasia Barmina said:

October 28th, 5:17 am

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments keep us moving in developing our products.

Yes, we are planning to add Mushroom Wars Online MP in future addons. Please, stay tuned.

INF3RNO132103 said:

October 14th, 3:37 pm

A Galcon/Pixel Junk Monsters cross …with mushrooms! This is going to be legendary. Can’t wait.

epiphaniesarefun said:

October 14th, 4:08 pm

This looks nice — and easy with the pixeljunk monsters rip off comments! So the art design is the same, I would be willing to bet, especially since they’ve had so many games come out in a short time that this has been in development for awhile.

It’s hard to make a judgement based one a single video.

I, for one, look forward to it. Looks neat, though, admitedly, I loved PJM and it’s ilk.

Wuggyboobeaufuf said:

October 14th, 6:51 pm

If it doesn’t come on a disc, it isn’t worth owning.

SHINSPIKES said:

October 14th, 8:15 pm

This isn’t really turret defense, but similar. I like the idea of sendin my army out to fight another while occupying bases and upgradin them to make them stronger. Tight idea. I might pick this up, after the review.

ynp7 said:

October 15th, 11:41 am

Local multiplayer only? Again!??!

SpyDudeFX said:

October 15th, 5:29 pm

This trophy alone “Сomrade: Play 100 Local Multiplayer Matches,” may have killed the sale for me. It’s been said time and time again to PSN devs, don’t create such demanding local multiplayer trophies. Not sure but leaning towards a no purchase.

Keebzerz said:

October 15th, 7:40 pm

No demo = no buy.

Scott Hyman's Avatar

Anastasia Barmina said:

October 28th, 5:03 am

We are working on demo to dispel all of your doubts. Please, stay tuned.

Ecks said:

October 15th, 11:28 pm

I bought this today, and it is definately fun. However, the trophy for 100 *local* multiplayer matches is silly. It just means people will play 100 matches against themselves to quickly get it.

The default screen size is *just* larger than my tv, but making it smaller in the options makes it A LOT smaller – needs to be more incremental.

Finally, what do all the icons on the map mean? There is no documentation of this, which is frustrating.

Otherwise, a fun game! :)

Scott Hyman's Avatar

Anastasia Barmina said:

October 28th, 5:00 am

Hello, my name is Anastasia, I\’m producer of Mushroom Wars. I\’m excited to see all of players\’ comments and will try to reply to all of you.

Ecks, I\’m glad to hear that you enjoying the game. Thank you for your comment regarding screen adjustment. We\’ll put it on list of issues to fix.

reptilematt said:

October 20th, 10:46 am

This is false advertising:

“You can play against the AI or kick your friends’ butts in Campaign mode. The Skirmish mode lets you quickly jump right into battles. Local multiplayer allows up to four players to tough it out to see who’s the baddest army in the meadow.”

First, there’s no option for multiplayer campaign mode in the game. Second this game so far only supports 2 players, not 4. I think I want my money back or a patch!

PAGE 1 2