PlayStation VR

Oct 16

Oct 16

First Look at the God of War Collection Trailer!

John Hight's Avatar Posted by Director of Product Development, Santa Monica Studio

You know it’s coming and now you can have a sneak peek at the God of War Collection. Available this November – just in time for the holidays — fans and newcomers to the franchise will be able to experience the epic journey that is God of War and God of War II on the PlayStation 3 for the first time remastered in full HD resolution on a single Blu-ray Disc. Both critically acclaimed games (originally developed for the PS2) will include 2X anti-aliased graphics running at 60 frames per second for an ultra smooth gameplay experience on the PS3. PlayStation Network trophy support will also be included – a first for the series. Take a look…

And don’t forget, the God of War Collection will also include a PSN voucher code for the God of War III E3 2009 Demo. So don’t miss your chance to check out God of War III before it hits store shelves in March 2010.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

October 16th, 12:03 pm

1st!! just want to say im not gettin this because as a TRUE FAN i already OWN THEM.IM PATIENTLY WAITING FOR GOD OF WAR 3..THE COLLECTORS EDITION BETTER BE GOOD. IM HOPNG FOR A FIGURINE AND A COMIC BOOK :P

BlooodyCow said:

October 16th, 12:03 pm

Wait, I don’t get it. Can someone do a screen shot comparison, because I cannot see the difference between the PS2 version and PS3 version. Oh by the way, Day on buy. Huge God of War fanboy here :)

John Hight's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 16th, 2:43 pm

Be sure to click on the HD option to view it at the best quality

Otto234 said:

October 16th, 12:05 pm

Tr3p1dat10n said:

October 16th, 12:06 pm

Is the God of War I&II collection still going to be included with the God of War 3 special edition version?

alza3em_94 said:

October 16th, 12:07 pm

oh GOD

Dallas7999 said:

October 16th, 12:07 pm

Can’t wait. God of War is one of my all-time favorite series.

Microshock said:

October 16th, 12:08 pm

Yeah, when the game comes out, i hope people do comparisons, I notice the water looks a lot better for example. And the 60FPS should be great

Hope you do it with more PS2 classics. *wink* Shadow of the Colossus in time for The Last Guardian *wink*

DeviantBoi said:

October 16th, 12:08 pm

Is it gonna have one or two platinum trophies?

Otto234 said:

October 16th, 12:09 pm

Good job guys.

Ratchet426 said:

October 16th, 12:09 pm

HOLY CRAP! They look even better than I remember :-)

So….. it seems like that PS2 emulator is coming along nicely :-) When can we expect it to be released as a stand-alone utility so non-BC PS3 owners can finally play their library of PS2 games?

C’mon Sony. We KNOW you’ve got that one up your sleeve :-)

Scodo_Thope said:

October 16th, 12:10 pm

I couldn’t wait, I already bought GOW and GOWII.

I guess I will own two copies!

John Hight's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 16th, 2:57 pm

hahahaha… GOW Collection will definitely be a different experience on the PS3, especially with the Trophy support

xDeathReaperx_2 said:

October 16th, 12:12 pm

Look’s great! Can’t wait for GoW III

-xDRx

phinnv8 said:

October 16th, 12:13 pm

Looks cool, and the price is right. Not sure if I’m gonna get it yet as I already played GOW1 & 2 so probably not. I look forward to GOW3 though for sure =) That been said I highly recommend this to anyone who hasn’t played them.

Sony: We need Cross Game Voice Chat & Auto Trophy-Sync please.

alza3em_94 said:

October 16th, 12:13 pm

@DeviantBoi
they said its gonna be 2 .. each game will have its own trophies

Llave said:

October 16th, 12:13 pm

looks great. I will pick this one up since ive never played them before.

DMeisterJ said:

October 16th, 12:15 pm

You have my monies!

mikemill said:

October 16th, 12:16 pm

CAN NOT FREAKING WAIT

FFObsessed said:

October 16th, 12:17 pm

Please give this treatment to ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. So many people want them including myself.

Will buy GoW Collection Day 1 and I hope more PS2 classics will be remastered with trophies for PS3.

Goaliegeek said:

October 16th, 12:17 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFF YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! Already ordered it on Amazon! CAN NOT WAIT! I never played the first GoW, just the 2nd. can’t wait to play the GoW3 demo either when I buy this. Thanks Sony!

ebbhead1991 said:

October 16th, 12:17 pm

So glad that I sold my PS2 copies of I and II on eBay a few weeks ago. Bring it on!

psyXcho said:

October 16th, 12:18 pm

#1 true fan my butt. I got rid of mine once they announced this just to rebuy in blu. Upgraded versions of pure fan service? Hell yeah I’m going to donate to this cause. Kudos Sony! It looks stunning!

Kill3r_Conc3ptz said:

October 16th, 12:19 pm

Can’t wait! I didn’t think I’d ever have to go through that winding path towards the end of GOW2 in Titan mode ever again… I was wrong.

McSpatrick said:

October 16th, 12:19 pm

How about I give you my PS2 copies and you give me this in return?

Tyrsis said:

October 16th, 12:19 pm

@Ratchet426 It’s not being emulated, it’s actually being RUN on the PS3.

Ejsponge61 said:

October 16th, 12:19 pm

Reminds me of a Disney movie being taken out of the vault, only with more violence! Can’t wait!

Kill3r_Conc3ptz said:

October 16th, 12:19 pm

Wow, this is EPIC. I didn’t think I’d ever have to go through the winding path towards the end of GOW2 again…I was wrong.

capt22 said:

October 16th, 12:20 pm

Already have this pre-ordered, can’t wait!

SirTrigalot said:

October 16th, 12:21 pm

so glad I preordered this

lannelso said:

October 16th, 12:21 pm

Looks great!!! Own both on PS2 and still definitely a day one buy for me but kind of curious about something. I had always heard that these were going to be running at HD (720p) with 60fps but in the text above it refers to them running in “full HD” (1080p). If full HD is truly what they’ll be running in that would be AWESOME…but if not, someone might want to remove the word full to avoid some confusion. Just trying to help out and keep things as clear as possible about the game so people don’t have any potential let downs as these games surely don’t deserve any.

Vicious2442 said:

October 16th, 12:21 pm

Even though I never got to play them, I’ve been a big fan of Kratos since I first saw a God of War trailer. And after using him on Soul Caliber for the PSP, I must get this!

d0uble0se7en said:

October 16th, 12:25 pm

Make sure you guys watch this trailer in HD. It looks SO much better than the PS2 versions. I was just recently trying them out again on my 60 GB PS3 and easily see how much better this looks. The anti-aliasing is working very well. It kills the progressive scan/widescreen/upscaling/best version i can squeeze out of the ps2 disc.

DonnyG said:

October 16th, 12:26 pm

already preordered

IcedDice777 said:

October 16th, 12:26 pm

PLEASE PLEASE please…… Socom 1 and 2 Next and the PERSONA Rpgs on a single BluRay disk!!! With trophies of course!

IcedDice777 said:

October 16th, 12:26 pm

Jeigh said:

October 16th, 12:27 pm

Pretty damn fine idea. Can’t say I’m compelled to purchase, given that I play on an SDTV and I already have the games for the PS2. (Amazing though they most certainly are, and it’s certainly a good deal for any who haven’t dived in before.)

You know, I had an idea way-back-when that I think could make truly great use of Blu-Ray capacity: pack every Final Fantasy ever made into a single disc and sell it for near-pure profit. It should certainly be possible. The initial titles will probably only take up a few hundred megabytes worth, Final Fantasy VII-IX and Tactics would probably take up several gigabytes, and X, X-2 and XII could probably fit pretty easily into the remaining space. Hell, there could still be room to pack in a few extras.

Of course, this would mean Square Enix would be doing PlayStation fans a favor, so it’s probably not going to happen.

jerk_man said:

October 16th, 12:29 pm

It only does everything*

*will not play ps2 disk games**

**unless you have first original models(if so, rock on), or re-buy the game as rerelease them onto blu-ray disk.

Kaako said:

October 16th, 12:30 pm

Day 1. Now give us SOTC HD remake please.

JohnnySasaki said:

October 16th, 12:31 pm

Being GoW’s #1 fan (xP), I will definitely be getting this! Thanks for the trailer, John!

JumpMan33 said:

October 16th, 12:32 pm

Looks great, I would love to see something like this for R&C, J&D, Sly Cooper and ICO. Some of us didn’t have a PS2 last gen you know, and its hard to go back to SD gaming once your spoiled by the PS3’s graphics.

radiantshadow92 said:

October 16th, 12:32 pm

by the gods…..

gold5225 said:

October 16th, 12:34 pm

Awesome and for 40 dollars and the 2 best PS2 games ever with 1080p and 2x antialising this is incredible. I am super excited for it. And it’s fine that the polygons are the same as the PS2 version because updating all the character models would have taken WAY! too long hahaha.

Dragonzblaze said:

October 16th, 12:39 pm

cant wait 2 buy these epic games 4 ps3 XD

MiChAeL6 said:

October 16th, 12:39 pm

Exciting stuff

catlikereflexes said:

October 16th, 12:39 pm

I am *so* excited for this.

scorpio182 said:

October 16th, 12:41 pm

I don’t know what to say but…

THANK YOU!!! And wicked idea….

I have played GOW1 and have gone through 1/3 of GOW2 and stopped once i heard of this news earlier.

I can’t wait to see GOW in HD!!! nicely fitted in a bluray case and a preview of GOW3…AWESOME!!!!

Will pick this one up first day…

KazeEternal said:

October 16th, 12:42 pm

I want this now. lol good thing I have Uncharted 2.

Really looking forward to playing this collection, but it’s going to be a hell of a time juggling this, Tekken 6, and R&CFACiT.

mafecto said:

October 16th, 12:42 pm

THIS WILL SELL MILLIONS!

Also, howabout Jak 1,2, and 3 getting the same treatment? My head would explode.

lcmnick said:

October 16th, 12:44 pm

No…not the Hades level!!!

mafecto said:

October 16th, 12:44 pm

Best Part:

It’s only $39.99.

Just awesome.

willxcore said:

October 16th, 12:46 pm

I am also throwing my vote out there for a Team Ico collection with Ico and Shadow of the Colossus on a Blu-ray with Trophy support. I am going to be buying this GoW set and would absolutely buy a Team Ico one as well. It can’t take that much to produce and Sony must realize the potential sales in doing something like that. It just seems natural.

Can’t wait for this collection though, beat GoW1 but never 2