Horizon Zero Dawn

Oct 22

Oct 22

UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – First Episode on PSN Today

Neil Druckmann's Avatar Posted by Creative Director, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

I hope everyone’s digging UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. It’s awesome that so many of you are already playing through the single player campaign for the second time, or even multiple times. For all of you wanting more Nathan Drake, you’re in luck – hitting the PSN today is UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – a four episode Motion Comic – it’s an original prequel story to UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune. We’ve been working on this baby for the past year and it’s been brutal not being able to talk about it.

UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra

For those unfamiliar with them, a Motion Comic is essentially an animated comic book – you watch it like a movie. Characters move, there’s some 3D effects, and cool panel transitions. Expect some of your favorite characters and voice-actors from the UNCHARTED universe to show up throughout the story. Other than Nolan North reprising his role as Nathan Drake, I can’t announce who else shows up in the story as that’ll spoil some of the fun.

We’re launching the first episode for free to whet your appetite and the rest of the episodes will come out in November. Be on the lookout for an upcoming announcement about an awesome pack-in that we’ll include with future episodes.

Alright, enough out of me, go download the first episode and see what Drake was up to a few months before he used Elena to raise the coffin of Sir Francis Drake.

Add Your Own

RoyalXIII said:

October 22nd, 3:48 pm

I can’t find it on the PSN, where exactly do u go?

punk182fannfg said:

October 22nd, 3:53 pm

why is there a delay in the PS Store? its usually up at like 5pm…..

CrimsonFox13 said:

October 22nd, 3:53 pm

Day 1 buy. No, seriously. Favorite IP so far this generation.

jimfear said:

October 22nd, 3:59 pm

any french translation for this?

KUMAR_ROHIT said:

October 22nd, 4:00 pm

HEY… Nice Will we be expecting things for Uncharted2? in the near future

Kickin686 said:

October 22nd, 4:05 pm

I’m in the US (Dallas) and i keep seeing people say they got it. Others are asking where it is but no one answer’s.

This is also my question.. If you Downloaded it, Where is this located in the PlayStation Store or am i missing something?

SSMG said:

October 22nd, 4:11 pm

Nice looking foward to this…any word on how many episodes?

danscloud9 said:

October 22nd, 4:17 pm

@ #106 SSMG, The blog post says that there’ll be 4 episodes.
I’m looking forward to this, always nice to get free stuff. I hope the store updates soon….

ndw4 said:

October 22nd, 4:41 pm

where is ps store at?

captds9e said:

October 22nd, 4:41 pm

um where in the store is it? I can’t find it

aztec23 said:

October 22nd, 4:42 pm

Sony whers the PS Store update?

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

October 22nd, 4:44 pm

seems like the psn store is running late tonight..thats what we get for NOT PAYING FOR INTERNET SERVICE ..so we REALLY CANT COMPLAIN…and im PRETTY SURE SONY agrees with me on this comment..lol

onlineatron said:

October 22nd, 4:44 pm

Would love to see these on the Digital Reader.

But please… Naughty Dog. Hurry up and get these to the UK!

We get the short end of the stick on so many things and it really bugs me.

We still have no Critter Crunch, MGS, Tomb Raiders, etc… This weeks update we’ve had not Ratchet demo, no Abe games… the list goes on.

Amherst_Wind said:

October 22nd, 4:52 pm

Update is live guys :)

Just click search up the top and put in “uncharted” its the first result! and its damn good!

danscloud9 said:

October 22nd, 5:04 pm

@113 Amherst_Wind: Thanks for the tip, searching did work!

BaSeBaLlKiD721 said:

October 22nd, 5:13 pm

Will there be any subtitles for us deaf people?

Platinum_Parker said:

October 22nd, 5:16 pm

Looks very interesting.

pinkhelio55 said:

October 22nd, 5:19 pm

How about the Canadian store? It’s not available yet either…. will it be?

Caudill said:

October 22nd, 5:29 pm

So this is NOT in the Canadian store? I’m sorry but that is incredibly lame. US and Canadian store updates are identical except for this, so what’s the reasoning???

Tinaray said:

October 22nd, 5:33 pm

Not available in the Canadian Playstation store? What a surprise. This is a joke. What possible reason is there for this not being released in Canada?

Futbolfan said:

October 22nd, 5:50 pm

I can’t understand why there’s a fee for these episodes when the Heavenly Sword episodes, which had the same type of animated comic style, and have the same amount of runtime. Any particular reason for the $2.50 charge?

tolo01 said:

October 22nd, 5:54 pm

NOT FOR CANADA??!!! omg im so pissed right now…

secularsage said:

October 22nd, 5:57 pm

@ Neil — any word when the results of the Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition giveaway will be announced? October 19th has come and gone, and neither the Naughty Dog site nor this blog has contained the results.

BTW, I love the price point on this item. $2.50 is downright reasonable, particularly with the pack-in. If this is successful, please ask the folks at SCEA to encourage other developers to do add-ons this way. One of my biggest frustrations with add-on content and Home items is that they’re way overpriced for what you get.

These motion comics, on the other hand, sound really awesome. And I second the request to make these PSP-friendly!

pinkhelio55 said:

October 22nd, 6:05 pm

The Canadian Store doesn’t have TV Shows or movies available either, so I’m not suprised… but I was hoping!

pinkhelio55 said:

October 22nd, 6:06 pm

The Canadian Store also doesn’t have TV Shows or Movies available, but I was hoping this would be…..

BarKohba said:

October 22nd, 6:26 pm

Kosheeeeerrr!!! However i REALLY do hope there’s gonna be more comic-chapters. I mean maybe something between drake’s fortune and among thieves as well. Don’t get me wrong, these are pure awesomeness, but i’m sure you can do more than 4 x 7:30 minutes comics WITH commercials :P.

BarKohba said:

October 22nd, 6:30 pm

Oh, btw!! What studio are you guys working with in order to get the psp title “Uncharted:Some cool title for the psp” done? :-))

I kid, I kid!!…Or not..

Draknahr said:

October 22nd, 6:33 pm

Why isn’t this in Canada? How is this affected by movie licensing issues??

Axecution said:

October 22nd, 6:49 pm

Oh *** that. No Canada. Are you kidding me?
That’s ridiculous. It’s a damn GAME VIDEO. Im pissed. Like, REALLY pissed.

Screw you SCEA. There’s no reason for this.

SeiferWRX said:

October 22nd, 6:57 pm

Looks awesome! Any news when this is coming to Canada?

KUZY_3 said:

October 22nd, 6:58 pm

when we will know who won uncharted 2 limited edition? I am exited because I played the demo all weekend that day!

poweredbyzen said:

October 22nd, 7:00 pm

i love free stuff – thanks!

Berae said:

October 22nd, 7:12 pm

What!? Its not on the Canada store????

You guys need to wake up…this and video store in general… I never really complained about it but we have to be heard already…
Why is it so complicated to update us about wtf is wrong with it and why its taking that long…

TheManda said:

October 22nd, 7:15 pm

Please don’t expect me to pay for the next few episodes if they have advertising in them. Either use advertising or ask for a fee. Don’t do both, please. Episode 1 was great, and I’ll tolerate the ads because it was free.

Lawr- said:

October 22nd, 7:45 pm

You guys are aware that you have some HUGE fans in Canada too, right? Patiently waiting, hoping I don’t have to obtain a copy through *cough* alternate *cough* means…

dragonmagician said:

October 22nd, 7:45 pm

Can’t believe it is not in the Canadian PSN store (I wasted my time looking everywhere). And what’s this about having ads in it.

Well, at least you guy make good games.

Jeeves_Tremor said:

October 22nd, 7:52 pm

So I guess I don’t even have to bother warming up my PS3 to see that this isn’t going to be there.

I didn’t think it was possible to go beyond beating the stain on the ground where the dead horse used to be, but Sony and ND certainly found a way.

Stupid question, but will you be altering prices on our store to reflect the parity of the Dollar, considering it’s almost at $0.96?

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

October 22nd, 8:05 pm

I’m shocked that this wasn’t available for Canada, especially considering it’s game related. I really hate when they hype something on the blog and seem to always leave out the fact that it’s US only, they know people are going to complain. Why not just be straight forward about it from the beginning so we don’t get our hopes up? We’d still be missing out, but I know I’d feel a lot better about it.

GameBoss01 said:

October 22nd, 8:23 pm

It’s awesome!!

Yo HAVE to put this comic on the psp download service…and I like the ones in IGN too.

You should do a Uncharted PSP game

fox2mike said:

October 22nd, 8:41 pm

And any news on when this is coming to Asia?

How come the cool stuff only hits the US??

Axecution said:

October 22nd, 8:54 pm

@140

lmao…

Rabid619 said:

October 22nd, 8:54 pm

Why is this not on the Canadian PSN store? We get basically the same content, at the same time, aside from the video store, which is understandable considering Canadian laws. But with this, it’s made by you at Naughty Dog, there’s no reason it shouldn’t be.

I’m a HUGE Uncharted fan, and it would be a real shame if I, and other Canadians wouldn’t get the chance to experience this.

headwing45 said:

October 22nd, 9:00 pm

Naughty Dog, you make great stuff but I’m sorry, you guys really suck for not mentioning it’s not for Canadians. What’s wrong with you, it’s like we don’t exist.

Screw you guys

headwing45 said:

October 22nd, 9:05 pm

@112

not exactly, The UK Playstation Store updates alot earlier every week, so does the Asian ones

rbanke said:

October 22nd, 9:06 pm

So I just finished watching it, and I really hope the upcoming episodes dont have the commercials constantly. I understand them being in a free first episode, but they should have been done in a way to let you know ‘now here’s a commercial’, they cut in so frequently and at odd times where i didnt even realise they weren’t part of the story for a couple seconds…kinda jarring when your into the story.

Trucidation said:

October 22nd, 9:29 pm

So, for $2.50 we can look forward to advertisements and 7-8 minutes of story.

Well, have fun with that.

Lil_Mermaid_Girl said:

October 22nd, 9:47 pm

So is there any spoilers to Uncharted 2 in this? Or will it not ruin anything if you haven’t played through 2 yet?

TripleA_14 said:

October 22nd, 11:00 pm

Epic fail on Naughty Dog’s part for not bringing this to the Canadian Store! What’s even worse is that you guys aren’t even replying to a single post from Canadian users…and yet you’ve promised TWO european posters thats its coming to their store! You can bring it to Europeans but not for your freakin’ neighbours?! Ridiculous!

I’m still holding onto a little bit of hope that this is some kind of delay with the Canadian store and that it’ll appear in a day or so. Hopefully these will end up on YouTube someday so that everyone can watch them.

Paradron_Bomb said:

October 22nd, 11:30 pm

Canada should have this digital comic for the simple fact that EVERY SINGLE DEAD SPACE prequel digital comic is available on the Canadian PSN. What’s the difference?

Heck, I even just bought the hardcover graphic novel of it the other week.

I still have the PSN Dead Space episodes saved on my hard drive too. Come to think of it, didn’t Heavenly Sword have some sort of animated episodes as well? So…what’s the deal? Does Sony not realise these will all end up on Youtube anyways?

Zarxce said:

October 23rd, 2:26 am

This is my first time commenting on the blog…only I wish it were a more pleasant one.

I am among the screwed over Canadian consumers who didn’t get this. I’m just wondering how many of us will have to voice a complaint until you get the point that doing stuff like this just isn’t cool.

No video store, no chance to enter the contests, now we can’t even view content for one of the greatest PS3 games of all time.

Your slogan of the ps3 “doing everything” is a flat out lie. It’s only applicable to Americans.