Marvel's Spider-Man

Oct 30

Oct 30

God of War III Ultimate Edition and Pre-Order Items Announced

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar Posted by Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

God of War III Ultimate Edition

SCEA and Santa Monica Studios are thrilled to announce the first Ultimate Edition for God of War. Earlier this year, we polled a number of fans on what would make an awesome collector’s edition for God of War. Well, we took your advice and created something epic and filled it with premium collectible and exclusive digital content.

God of War III Ultimate Edition

The Ultimate Edition will feature the following:

Exclusive Collectibles
• High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora’s Box
• Limited-Edition God of War Art Book featuring exclusive art, content and interviews

Exclusive Digital Content (Available via PlayStation Network voucher codes on day of launch)
• God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
• Premium Kratos Skin – Dominus
• God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
• God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
• God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download).

But it keeps getting better for the fans. Those that pre-order God of War III at select retailers will receive a voucher code for first access to download the God of War III E3 2009 Demo starting today, plus you will receive an exclusive downloadable skin from the following retailers: Amazon, GameCrazy and GameStop.

God of War III Ultimate Edition

And as a special thank you to our Spartan Army members who signed up on www.GodofWar.com, we are sending out a direct email today with one free voucher code to randomly selected fans. So, please make sure you check your email inbox over the weekend to see if you are one of the lucky ones to receive a voucher code allowing you to download this demo instantly from PlayStation Network! Remember, it’s a random selection and only a limited amount of vouchers are being sent out, so good luck.

Thanks again to all the fans for their continued support and enthusiasm for God of War. We are all excited to give you an early taste of what is expected to be one of the biggest games of 2010!

In The End There Will Be Only Chaos…..

For more details on today’s announcement visit godofwar.com

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7

kiikooo said:

October 30th, 8:08 am

When is the ultimate edition going to be available for preorder?? i cant find it on amazon.
and also will i get the demo if i preorder it?

thanks

shrimpdude said:

October 30th, 8:09 am

Looks cool, but that digital download bs is lame as hell. When I get a soundtrack, I want the physical, high quality CD! Not some lossy mp3 files.

HatmanTc said:

October 30th, 8:12 am

Very impressive collecters edition. Will the preorder demo be for either version of the game or do you have preorder the CE

EliteHitokiri said:

October 30th, 8:17 am

Anybody find the preorder link online for any of the retailers?

YungShep said:

October 30th, 8:19 am

@50. its available now for preorder. the demo tho, is only being released from certain retailers. if i was you and want the demo, id wait to preorder to see who will have those vouchers for the demo first.

QCVic said:

October 30th, 8:20 am

OK One more time…..

OH….

MY….

ZEUS!!!

xX-MaSsaCr3-Xx said:

October 30th, 8:20 am

its 99.99

TwinDad said:

October 30th, 8:22 am

This was the first Ultimate edition for God of War. This is a sign of things to come where they put shiny beads and trinkets into the package to justify a higher price. However, it’s awesome for the CE/LE/UE “collectors”. Sony I got an idea, how about you charge another $10 for the UE edition and lower the price of the standard edition by $10 to make up for the fact that it’s overpriced.

Also can we get more games to the Greatest Hits status the competition is killing you on low priced games. It’s what made the Ps2 THE system to have. Great Games, Great Prices (TM).

Shacojin said:

October 30th, 8:23 am

Preordering when available! I can’t wait ^_^

If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance,then all on Olympus will die.

hush404 said:

October 30th, 8:23 am

O M G !

I wants.

The second I find it for pre-order… it’s getting pre-ordered.

H8_is_Bad said:

October 30th, 8:24 am

@54 why would you need a link just type in amazon, gamestop, or gamecrazy.. i’m sure lots of other retailers will have this avail for pre-order also.

On another note this game is still set for a march 2010 release right guys?

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 2:07 pm

Correct, March 2010

TwinDad said:

October 30th, 8:24 am

HAHAHA $100. I took a SWAG at $80. $60 for the extras, not a complete ripoff for a statue/box, music and art.

Alic44 said:

October 30th, 8:25 am

Wow. Who will have the demo codes first?

Netweb said:

October 30th, 8:25 am

Price? 100€?

WHere is my action figure? xD

Destiny89 said:

October 30th, 8:26 am

woow how much will this cost? if $100 and less im buying.. if more might skip :P.. it looks amazing

fan1310 said:

October 30th, 8:27 am

God of war 1 and 2 won’t be included with this edition?

mywhitenoise said:

October 30th, 8:27 am

I hope the Standard Edition gets this cover

I like the one provided in the link much better. Love the white, rather than the murky version of the Collectors Edition.

Vengeful-Chaos said:

October 30th, 8:28 am

Consider this BOUGHT!!!!!!!!!

In The End There Will Be Only Vengeful-Chaos…..

Amen to that.

MadmanEU said:

October 30th, 8:31 am

I have to say, I NEVER buy a collectors, or ultimate, or rofflecopter edition of any game. MOstly because the bonuses are either a demo, a hat, or a keychain.

I am willing to make an exception here. TWO Full albums, an exclusive skin, documentary, and a whack of other stuff…this is obviously designed for the God of War hardcore, and that is me, and you are definitely doing this game justice with this.

I’ll be pre-ordering this ASAP.

LRGKING said:

October 30th, 8:31 am

Thats pretty epic!
Im def. getting the ultimate edition!!!!

walksaw said:

October 30th, 8:31 am

gamestop has it for $99.00. Has anyone seen it were it comes with the demo its says nothing about a demo in gamestops bonuses.

Axonn said:

October 30th, 8:35 am

Sooo massive epic collection! Definitely must-have for every Kratos fan! I think it should be cost around 80$, but what is the official price? When will be pre-orders available?

Demo vouchers for randomly gamers, I need change my pants! xD

Superstrokey1123 said:

October 30th, 8:35 am

I want to know how big the pandoras box is, i assume the games are coming in it but until i know im not ordering. Fantastic edition though guys if it is the way I assume it is.

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 1:06 pm

Dimensions for the Pandora\’s Box is 8.3\” wide x 10.5\” long x 5.9\” tall

YungShep said:

October 30th, 8:35 am

@63 create a profile at http://www.godofwar.com.
they will send demo codes throughout the weekend only!

@70 my gamestop opens at 10am this morning.ill give them a call to confirm if they have the vouchers already.

BlackStar1201 said:

October 30th, 8:38 am

Give me a price so I can hide that amount from my wife and buy this epic edition.

mcbuttz78 said:

October 30th, 8:39 am

hey Anthony G.. im looking forward to getting this game, I have a concern though. When i pre- ordered the demon souls spoils at game stop they didnt give me a voucher or my extra stuff i orderd with it.. I talked to atlus they said they no control over it once released.? I want to know how can i be sure that this wont happen with gow3 limted edition. I dont want to blow my money again, is there a way to get in touch with yall ,is any thing we could do to be ure we get or spoils.. Ty 4 our time and look forward to the game

YungShep said:

October 30th, 8:42 am

kratos1984 said:

October 30th, 8:44 am

it’s so worth the $100, i’m gonna pre-order it this weekend. i hope i’m one of the members that gets a voucher for the demo, i’m checking my email all day! hey sony, i love GOW so much that i made it part of my psn name, wink, wink.

Tridon said:

October 30th, 8:46 am

OMFG! I’m almost afraid to ask about price. Either way, though, I’m pre-ordering this immediately!

BigBoss712 said:

October 30th, 8:46 am

So its $100, that’s a little too much for me, while the pandora box looks real nice the other goodies don’t really justify the extra $40, maybe if you guys had included the blu-ray GOW1-2.
Game gonna be awesome but i will just go with the standard edition.

Tridon said:

October 30th, 8:49 am

Never mind… just found it on EB Games’ Web site. It’s $99.99 US. That’ll be about $109.99 here in Canada. I’m pre-ordering this after work! =)

xeno3d said:

October 30th, 8:52 am

Nice box art :)

EliteHitokiri said:

October 30th, 8:53 am

@61 I checked all the online retailers and I saw nothing for ordering the ultimate edtion online or any mention of the demo as a preorder bonus. You got to love useless sarcastic people.

Dusk777 said:

October 30th, 8:53 am

When is this going to hit UK? I will preorder the second it’s available. Need to play the demo now!!! =]

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 2:05 pm

mixedkidbx said:

October 30th, 8:55 am

I know im going to get a lot of heat from this but…

Im sorry this is a crappy LE which i will not be getting. Everything in there is almost just DLC. A costume (big deal) and some challenge areas, with a sound track and some Heavy metal crap which im still trying to figure out what Heavy metal has to do with GoW.

There’s no figurines, no maps, no little hint book (not like i even look at those, just saying). There’s nothing really memorable about that collection. Again most is DLC which after your done with the game has no purpose anymore. Soundtracks? Let’s be real. How many people actually go back and listen to soundtracks over and over and over. Documentary? Those are usually boring half way threw them and most wont watch more than once.

How about something that i could actually display which would remind me of the game. Heck everything from my GTA IV CE i still use. I love the bag that game with it. I use that lock box like crazy for things. They even had a key chain thing which i use.

You could have done so much better with this LE and you seriously want people to pay $100 for that. Sad… just sad.

Fredendil said:

October 30th, 8:55 am

“SCEA and Santa Monica Studios are thrilled to announce the first Ultimate Edition for God of War.”

Will there be others? oh please don’t play with my feelings like that, i can only afford one damn you!

mixedkidbx said:

October 30th, 8:57 am

Ugh they really need to allow you to edit on here. I wrote game instead of came in the one sentence about the bag.

FE_RR said:

October 30th, 8:57 am

sick…the only question i have ¿¿¿what’s the size of that thing??? it’s freaking awesome, put a picture of that in the hands of someone to see the size of that, or a comparing chart with a polar bear…this will be epic

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 1:09 pm

The dimensions for the Ultimate Edition is 8.3\” wide x 10.5\” long x 5.9\” tall

BrianC6234 said:

October 30th, 9:00 am

“Also notice that this is the “FIRST” Ultimate Edition. Which leads me to believe they are planning more than one.”

I think you misread the article. It says first Ultimate Edition of God of War, not of God of War 3. They didn’t offer one for the other games. I doubt they plan to offer more than one Ultimate Edition of the game.

As for ordering this game, I checked out gamestop.com and it has it for $99.99 but says you can’t order it online. What’s with that? Is it a mistake? You can always preorder games on their site.

ElektroDragon said:

October 30th, 9:02 am

Please don’t price it at $80 or above, and please don’t make it a Gamestop exclusive!

wolvyfactor said:

October 30th, 9:02 am

I must have this and even though GOW2 sucked… I will buy this uber le…

YungShep said:

October 30th, 9:02 am

@89 the first ever for the series. they wont be releasing multiple collector’s editions.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

October 30th, 9:03 am

any idea if they send you the demo code for preordering the standard version of the game from amazon? i just did that, and still no demo code in my email.

JaKhris said:

October 30th, 9:04 am

1. Awesoooomme!
2. Price?
3. Europe?

Cheers,

Chris

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 2:06 pm

1. Thank you!
    2. UE is at 99.99
    3. Release of Ultimate Edition in EU to come through your respective territory. Keep an eye out for future updates through the European PS Blog =)

ElektroDragon said:

October 30th, 9:04 am

$100?? You’ve got to be kidding me. I would paid $75 tops for this.

Vabor said:

October 30th, 9:05 am

Awesome! When is Amazon listing this? It’s up on Gamestop…but not available online…

Vabor said:

October 30th, 9:08 am

Wait? “…to announce the first Ultimate Edition for God of War.”

As in the first in the franchise or the first for this game? I hope there’s only one…otherwise it’ll just be a tease…

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 2:07 pm

Sorry for the confusion, we meant that its the first for the franchise. There\’s only one UE for GOW III

walksaw said:

October 30th, 9:08 am

gamestop does have the codes i just talked with them but you have to go in the store to et the demo. You cant order online.

YungShep said:

October 30th, 9:09 am

WOW. I CALLED 2 GAMESTOPS IN 2 COMPLETLY DIFFERENT CITIES. THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS ULTIMATE EDITION GOW III AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE DEMO VOUCHER YET…

explosive78 said:

October 30th, 9:11 am

So if i go to gamestop right now and preorder i can play god of war 3 demo today?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7