Farpoint

Oct 30

Oct 30

God of War III Ultimate Edition and Pre-Order Items Announced

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar Posted by Senior Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

God of War III Ultimate Edition

SCEA and Santa Monica Studios are thrilled to announce the first Ultimate Edition for God of War. Earlier this year, we polled a number of fans on what would make an awesome collector’s edition for God of War. Well, we took your advice and created something epic and filled it with premium collectible and exclusive digital content.

God of War III Ultimate Edition

The Ultimate Edition will feature the following:

Exclusive Collectibles
• High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora’s Box
• Limited-Edition God of War Art Book featuring exclusive art, content and interviews

Exclusive Digital Content (Available via PlayStation Network voucher codes on day of launch)
• God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
• Premium Kratos Skin – Dominus
• God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
• God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
• God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download).

But it keeps getting better for the fans. Those that pre-order God of War III at select retailers will receive a voucher code for first access to download the God of War III E3 2009 Demo starting today, plus you will receive an exclusive downloadable skin from the following retailers: Amazon, GameCrazy and GameStop.

God of War III Ultimate Edition

And as a special thank you to our Spartan Army members who signed up on www.GodofWar.com, we are sending out a direct email today with one free voucher code to randomly selected fans. So, please make sure you check your email inbox over the weekend to see if you are one of the lucky ones to receive a voucher code allowing you to download this demo instantly from PlayStation Network! Remember, it’s a random selection and only a limited amount of vouchers are being sent out, so good luck.

Thanks again to all the fans for their continued support and enthusiasm for God of War. We are all excited to give you an early taste of what is expected to be one of the biggest games of 2010!

In The End There Will Be Only Chaos…..

For more details on today’s announcement visit godofwar.com

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7

YungShep said:

October 30th, 9:13 am

3 GAMESTOPS CALLED, STILL HAVE NOTHING IN THEY’RE SYSTEM ABOUT THIS REVELATION

zombie9 said:

October 30th, 9:13 am

Sounds cool but $40 for the regular version is ok with me. Me saving that $60 I can get another game. $100 is just to much right now for me any way. :)

YungShep said:

October 30th, 9:13 am

@100. I WOULD DEFINENTLY CALL YOUR LOCAL GAMESTOP TO BE 100% SURE

YungShep said:

October 30th, 9:16 am

OK IVE CALLED 4 GAMESTOPS NOW. THEY ONLY HAVE THE 59.99 GOW III AND NO VOUCHERS….

walksaw said:

October 30th, 9:16 am

The reason gamestops dont know is the guy told me they just came in fed ex. It is later here so that is probably why. He said he wouldn’t have known if they didnt come in fed ex.

angelspawn77 said:

October 30th, 9:17 am

Question for you: Im a bit confused on this, so if i preorder this right now, ill get the GoW3 demo voucher today? Also will i get the voucher at the stores stated above (Amazon, GameCrazy and GameStop.) or are those stores just for the skin? or for both the skin and demo?
Anyway i already got both the collection and GoW3 preordered, but now i must change it to the collectors edition! I was planning to but it since forever anyway, its kratos final chapter so i must go all out!

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 2:20 pm

All three retailers will provide the GOW III E3 Demo and Exclusive skin upon pre-order.

Pending rules and guidelines set by each retailer, you should receive the GOW III Demo as early as today

BlooodyCow said:

October 30th, 9:17 am

I see you guys took my idea about putting the God of War collector edition in a Pandora’s Box :)
I was told about this yesterday at a certain store and they was not sure when you guys was going to announce it so I couldn’t preorder it. Guess what I will be doing today :)

YungShep said:

October 30th, 9:17 am

DID GAMESTOP NOT GET THE MEMO THIS MORNING?

walksaw said:

October 30th, 9:20 am

gamestop told me the demo was only available if you came into the store. He said the will not offer it online.

Dracorius said:

October 30th, 9:20 am

OH HO HO HO. Oh Sony you dare us to seek and to open Pandora’s Box. A box containing all the evils in the world. I am just too overwhelmed.

Kpnda6669 said:

October 30th, 9:23 am

Hell yeah !

That s what I called a Bloody Ultimate Edition !

Sindred said:

October 30th, 9:27 am

This and Dragon Age will be the first time in a LONG time that I buy the Special edition, but DAMN, guys you are really making it worth it.

So the demo is available today for Preorders?

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 10:19 am

Correct, demo is available for download once you obtain the voucher from any of the retailers supporting the pre-order program

Xoonaka said:

October 30th, 9:27 am

So no GoW 1-3 on the same disc? That’s a bit of a disappointment for me. Oh well.

Invicta2 said:

October 30th, 9:29 am

This is the announcement I was waiting for before pre-ordering God of War 3, I’m definitely getting this Ultimate Edition, can’t wait!!

YungShep said:

October 30th, 9:30 am

Ok ill wait an hour or so to call them back. i want this demo today,as i have waited on this forever just like all of you!

Zhi13 said:

October 30th, 9:30 am

Awesome!!!
Is the demo available at stores now and to download now?

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 10:17 am

The Demo is available for download as soon as you obtain the voucher from any of the retailers supporting the pre-order program

Qmoney88 said:

October 30th, 9:30 am

this is epic, only thing im a little dissappointed about is the boxart, maybe if enough people complain that it needs to be more epic, (although this is a very minor complaint) they might change it to something more b.a. just my opinion though dont flame me : ) *shields self*

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 10:21 am

Boxart is not final. More info to come shortly =)

SpiritThief said:

October 30th, 9:35 am

Tell us what the box is made of.

And why don’t you put the soundtracks on disc. MP3s sound like crap.

YungShep said:

October 30th, 9:37 am

@116 call your gamestop to be sure. no its not in the ps store, are you kidding?

QCVic said:

October 30th, 9:42 am

@ Qmoney88

He already said that this is not the final boxart.

explosive78 said:

October 30th, 9:42 am

Nobody is going to preorder till you tell us where to get the gow 3 demo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 10:22 am

The GOW III Demo is available for download as soon as you obtain the voucher from any of the retailers supporting the pre-order program

cronqvist said:

October 30th, 9:43 am

OMGOMGOMG! I have to own this! The Pandora Box itself is worth the price, everything else is a plus. :D

Voozi said:

October 30th, 9:43 am

Question: What material will the “High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora’s Box” be made out of?

Thanks!

BigPoppaB said:

October 30th, 9:44 am

this is bullcrap

i understand the behind the scenes stuff, soundtrack stuff and even early access for the demo… but its lame that I will lose out on 7 of those bonus challenges. That is not cool… games cost too much as it is… if i spend $70 on a game i should get the complete package

not impressed

YungShep said:

October 30th, 9:46 am

@124 i can almost assure you those 7 challenge maps will be in the ps store as DLC at a later time.

TripleA_14 said:

October 30th, 9:47 am

According to GameStop’s description their pre-order bonus skin will be available after you complete the game…is this the case for all the pre-order bonus skins? Because if that’s the case I won’t be using the codes, I’d rather unlock them myself.

Also, what about the combat arena in the Ultimate Edition…this seems like something that should be in all versions of the game, considering that was the case in all the previous God of War titles. Does that just mean you’ll have early access to that content i.e. is it unlockable by playing the normal game?

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 12:13 pm

Just to clarify, the retail exclusive skins can ONLY be obtained if you pre-order the game through the selected retailer, and after you complete the game. They cannot be unlocked without pre-order

As for the combat arena within the Ultimate Edition, that DLC is also exclusive and not unlockable by completing the game.

Rade88 said:

October 30th, 9:50 am

This is pretty sweet although I think I would’ve preferred a high quality Kratos figurine over the Pandora’s Box replica. Will this be available on the UK Amazon as well?

BaronBrain said:

October 30th, 9:51 am

This newly-announced “God of War III Ultimate Edition” lookings absolutely stunning, and has turned the “must buy” standard edition into the “definitely buy of else” Deluxe Premium Edition release.

Or has it…?

While initially excited by this announcement, it does bring up some major concerns. With the exception of the game and artbook, WHY is all the other additional bonus content being made available ONLY via voucher codes and downloads? For what this set will likely cost us at retail – in addition to collectibility and longevity sake – ALL bonus materials should absolutely be included on the Main Disc, or preferably one or more Bonus Discs.

Since you are making this edition for Collectors, treat us like the Collectors we are. I absolutely want to have all these items included on disc(s) I can refer back to in the years and decades to come. While I certainly might understand downloading a skin or two, it’s a bit excessive to expect everyone to download a full arena, a feature-length movie, and four full soundtrack-worth of material… especially when this is supported to be a deluxe premium Ultimate Edition.

[cont. on Post #128]

jazzyrider said:

October 30th, 9:51 am

why does the GS link for the ultimate edition say “Pre-order Ships 4/1/2010”?? weird…

and I can’t find any pre-order on Amazon for the ultimate edition. anyone else find it?

BaronBrain said:

October 30th, 9:52 am

[cont. from Post #127]

The “Demon Souls: Deluxe Edition” only cost slightly more than the standard version, and we got some terrific material, all include in the retail package.

Had this been a Japanese release, this wouldn’t even be an issue — not only would everything be immediately accessible within the package, but the music would be featured in a deluxe multi-disc CD soundtrack set (4-5 discs). Aside from the collectible angle, it would enable us all to listen to this great music anywhere (home, cars, laptops, any CD/DVD/HD-DVD/BD players, etc.). If standard game editions can include full one- or two-disc CD soundtracks for no extra charge — “Persona” PSP, “Persona 3 FES”, “Eternal Poison”, “Legacy of Ys: Books I & II”, “Dark Spire”. “Phantom Brave” are but a few recent examples — certainly an expensive premium set such as this can match or surpass that…

[cont. on Post #129]

BaronBrain said:

October 30th, 9:52 am

[cont. from Post #128]

A Collector’s Edition purports collectibility and permanence; it’s “an item highly valued by collectors.” DL-only extras goes completely against this ideal — DLs are neither highly valued, collectible nor permanent. I cannot be the only game collector who still values such retail packages, and still plays (and expects to play) these games for many, many years to come…

Please do the right thing, not the easy or lazy thing. Raise the price a bit if necessary. You sought to make a p[remium Ultimate Edition for an incredible upcoming game, so MAKE that premium “Ultimate Edition” instead of a Pandora’s Box filled with nothing… nothing but losts dreams and opportunities.

I apologize for the lost posting, but I was unable to properly express my thoughts in the limited space provided.

Coramoor_ said:

October 30th, 9:52 am

@101

the msrp for this game is going to be 60 bucks, just like most retail games, i have no idea where you got the 40 bucks from

BrianC6234 said:

October 30th, 9:54 am

I see gamestop.com now lets you preorder this online but I have to choose my billing address as shipping address. Why not let us have it ship to our local Gamestop store? I guess I’ll just go into my store tonight and preorder.

nick31189xx said:

October 30th, 9:54 am

Thats awesome. Gow III is going to be amazing

VenomXv said:

October 30th, 9:55 am

I’m glad you guys have this. I love GOW.

kdiep said:

October 30th, 9:56 am

I’m so bummed! What I loved the most about the God Of War games was the “making of” featurette and I see nothing of it here. Just a bunch of downloadable content and an artbook. And it costs 100$!!!?!? Messed up man.

Oh and yes I did see that you guys had a documentary but those tends to be uninteresting and often contains stuff I already know.

BUMMED! Regular edition for me then, and I’m a huge fan (buying the GoW Collection even though I have the games)

Miles514 said:

October 30th, 9:57 am

Wow amazing!!! Sony wants the end to be epic! I think i will just get the god of war collection instead of preorder. also thanks for not letting it be like uncharted 2

chriscowboyd said:

October 30th, 9:57 am

Can it be inferred from the blood and metal ep that this game will have custom soundtrax?

Draicus said:

October 30th, 9:58 am

I so pre-ordered.

Looking forward to the demo as well.

TwinDad said:

October 30th, 9:58 am

@132

Because I’m a moran. I for whatever reason read GOW I&II instead of III. I thought this was for the collection. Don’t know why until I just looked again. $40 more the the extras isn’t bad. I don’t buy them I don’t need the stuff collecting dust around my house. But kudos to those who want it. It’s not a bad price.

My rant about $50 games still goes. I don’t care what they say about increased developments costs. Look at the PSN game, they now default to $9.99 as the lowest price. Most are $14.99 now. The PSP minis are a total joke at $10.

BaronBrain said:

October 30th, 9:59 am

Whoops… sorry about the “cont, on” and “cont. from” numbering on my postings… apparently people were posting too quickly for mine to appear properly in the queue.

Even so, I’m fairly certain you can figure out which posts are mine (#128, 130, 131). =D

Thanks!

RGS-14 said:

October 30th, 10:03 am

WEE-OOH WEE-OOH!

EliteHitokiri said:

October 30th, 10:03 am

Gamestop has the online preorder up now!

JaMDKinG said:

October 30th, 10:03 am

What about all the people that already pre ordered this game?

What do we get?

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 1:30 pm

Please check with your selected retailer for more info

C-Murph666 said:

October 30th, 10:06 am

Done and Done.

DeviantBoi said:

October 30th, 10:06 am

Question about the Spartan Army.

I visited the website a couple of days ago and signed in with my PSN account. Was this enough to sign up for it? Or did I have to do something else? It was unclear on the website itself.

Anthony Caiazzo's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 30th, 1:15 pm

That\’s all you need. Thanks for signing up

Rabid619 said:

October 30th, 10:07 am

Holy wow! This looks absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to get this in my hands. I do wish that there was a Kratos statue as well, but Pandora’s Box looks fantastic.

Just to make sure, this will be in Canada as well, right? I mean, even if it isn’t I’ll just run across the border to buy it, but it’d be nice to get it here.

Sw1tch said:

October 30th, 10:08 am

Are we going to see the same Edition for Europe or I need to preorder now the US version?

EliteHitokiri said:

October 30th, 10:08 am

As I understand it each retailer has a exclusive skin, and it can only be used after beating the game once. I think the Gs one looks the best.

ironflames said:

October 30th, 10:09 am

very nice, the music that’s going to be awesome more games should do that I love having music from games.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7