Knack 2

Nov 18

Nov 18

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta launches tomorrow!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

So what can we expect from the PS3-exclusive Battlefield Bad Company 2 beta, exactly? DICE Producer Gordon van Dyke joined me via PlayStation Eye chat to talk about the Arica Harbor map, the destruction you can cause due to the game’s Frostbite engine, and how you can win your way into the beta. Oh and there are lots of explosions. Pretty, pretty explosions.

To elaborate on a few things – you can follow the Official Battlefield Bad Company 2 Twitter here, and one of those sites giving out beta codes is… this one.

We’ll be giving out beta vouchers starting Thursday afternoon (PST) via our Twitter and Facebook accounts. So start following!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

BigBoss712 said:

November 18th, 6:06 am

Ready for the beta, already got my code, played MW2 but was not really all that interested in it, Bad Company is what I’m looking forward to playing, can’t wait.

VofEscaflowne said:

November 18th, 6:07 am

Oh I need a code since I missed out on IGN’s giveaway… already following you on Twitter so hopefully I get lucky!

Skoltnik said:

November 18th, 6:12 am

Hopefully the beta will drag me away from MW2 lol

cowboyd21 said:

November 18th, 6:17 am

The game look good but i am going to pass on it for now i all ready have MW2 and am waiting for MAG , i may buy this game later on good luck with the beta.

zombie9 said:

November 18th, 6:21 am

Get your beta key why they last just picked mine up.

oGGe45 said:

November 18th, 6:27 am

A really solid interview! I can’t wait for the beta tomorrow, it will be epic. Oh and awesome, dedicated servers!! Good job!

Sweden ftw

CoBrA2168 said:

November 18th, 6:30 am

I want to get in this beta! Please give me a key.

I will be on your Facebook

Jeeves_Tremor said:

November 18th, 6:36 am

I know this is kind of unrelated, but can you talk to the DICE guys about fixing the stats problem and errors that are happening with the original Bad Company?

On topic. Are these twitter contests going to be region locked (Certain sections of north america???). I almost always strike out on these beta’s (didn’t get an R2 code until a week before it ended).

Drackir said:

November 18th, 6:47 am

I can’t wait for this game. Beta tomorrow = there goes my week.

Zuckguy said:

November 18th, 6:47 am

I want a beta key, please…

Knight0011 said:

November 18th, 6:50 am

Parts of the game play shown was the 360 version LOL.

Gunwing said:

November 18th, 6:57 am

I’ve got my game code! I can’t wait! This game is going to make my PS3 vary happy!

OMG player controlled UAVs? 2 New squad game types? OH YEAH THIS GAME WILL KILL COD!

kaihopsn said:

November 18th, 6:58 am

It looks like IGN still has some public keys left… just saying.

JAXX377 said:

November 18th, 7:07 am

IGN is giving out codes now.

And Gamespot will have 65,000 available tomorrow

KUMAR_ROHIT said:

November 18th, 7:11 am

AWESOME! cant wait looks fun.

sravan said:

November 18th, 7:12 am

Can I get a code? Anyone? Please?

HeavyD-Love said:

November 18th, 7:16 am

Perhaps I can have a beta key for being one of first 15 comments on this article?? :)

Looking forward to this game – thanks!!

“HeavyD-Love” PSN screen name

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Gordon Van Dyke said:

November 18th, 1:23 pm

I would have given you one, but you\’re #17 and not in the first 15. Sorry…. ;-)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Gordon Van Dyke said:

November 18th, 1:23 pm

XKILLER44 said:

November 18th, 7:18 am

Got my code

ATOMS11 said:

November 18th, 7:18 am

Bring back the ability to lay down and parachute from choppers. No other gripes here. The best FPS on the market hands down! Cant wait to start testing!

polo155 said:

November 18th, 7:18 am

i will try to win a code, thanks for the news

Sancor said:

November 18th, 7:21 am

Gordon if you are reading this.
I believe something we are missing in BFBC2 is the awesome “Commander” feature from BF2, PC version.
In BFBC1 we didn’t have that, and it was a featured greatly missed.
The option to pick a Commander in the game, and have him deliver ammo, vehicles with a hud on any place of the battlefield was impressive.
On this version, everyone’s is so proud of the squad system, but if you think about it, it’s not groundbreaking, look at Killzone 2, it’s something that already got a great squad system.
Destructions and Vehicles gameplay is the BF feature, and I love it, please exhance that part as much as you can, already love the return of “BlackHawks”
Finally, it would be great if you could also add “custom Soundtracks” to BFBC2.

Thanks for your time, and we will meet on the Battlefield

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Gordon Van Dyke said:

November 18th, 1:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the commander mode, I\’ll share it with the team. :-)

Riffy69 said:

November 18th, 7:26 am

sweet can’t till tomorrow..
ill tell my teachers where i am for the rest of the week xD

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Gordon Van Dyke said:

November 18th, 1:41 pm

Write a note and sign my name… errr, I mean stay in school and maybe one day you can be president. :-D

seedaripper1973 said:

November 18th, 7:26 am

OI! im in the UK and i posted my interest in the beta as soon as it arrived via the official site…granted i used 2 emails address’s , but thats because one is [DELETED] (im looking at you microsoft) when are the EU ones being sent out? because all i see, on say N4G, is yanks proudly harping on about their keys??!!

Blkant said:

November 18th, 7:27 am

Facebook link doesn’t work, please fix, I want those codes when they become available :P

eaferrari24 said:

November 18th, 7:29 am

can you guys fix battlefield 1943 now?

station3fever said:

November 18th, 7:30 am

just give us a DEMO. No demo no buy. my friend got suckerd with mw2, he bought it and now he is pissed as the single player was short and cheesy. IMO mw1 was pretty freaking nice but mw2 sucks.BBC was good but ill wait and see a month or two before i think about buying. although the game does look nice lets see how those DICE will roll :)

SPJammer said:

November 18th, 7:34 am

Wahooo. I forgot I had registered with IGN. Went and logged into my account this morning and got my beta code. Going to finish MAG since only 2 days left then gonna jam in this beta

gamereck said:

November 18th, 7:36 am

Cant wait….

Bildo818 said:

November 18th, 7:38 am

IGN.COM is giving free codes…stop waiting for your “chance” here and go grab one now before the run out. Don’t try redeeming until tomorrow

jedi_webslinger said:

November 18th, 7:39 am

got my code, and im ready

RobbySpry said:

November 18th, 7:41 am

Cowboyd21, i think BC2 is going to beat MAG because MAG beta players are saying that the levels are so large that it still doesn’t feel like you’re part of a team of 128, rather than a smaller squad.

Go DICE, go Sweden!

DoctorNova said:

November 18th, 7:42 am

“In early 2010, you may be able to get your hands-on with this the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer demo on the Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 3 and PC.”
from here: http://battlefieldbadcompany2.com/#/beta

I got my code. Tried to enter it 2 days ago to preload software and was not able to. I guess the 19th it’ll be all systems go.

Thank You DICE! I still frequently enjoy BF2142 on PC.

SPOOKULA209 said:

November 18th, 7:53 am

kisumisu- said:

November 18th, 7:54 am

Can’t wait! Love that series <3 Only one thing missing… the beta-code :(

SPOOKULA209 said:

November 18th, 7:56 am

sorry wrong link guys. this is the one for the free beta code for bbc2

VenomXv said:

November 18th, 8:02 am

Awesome, can’t wait. I got a beta key yesterday.

thegriefer said:

November 18th, 8:05 am

so excited for the beta tomorrow, got my key from fileplanet.

thegriefer said:

November 18th, 8:08 am

@23
demo comes out next year

VanilaGorila-x- said:

November 18th, 8:18 am

I have some feedback and haven’t even played the Beta yet.

Make sure the mics work since they still don’t on BF:BC and BF 1943.

Kind of hampers the online aspect when you’re not able to communicate with your team.

Peace,
VG

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Gordon Van Dyke said:

November 18th, 1:47 pm

We have redone the VoIP based on the PS3\’s latest Firmware. It\’s something we are watching closely.

Antonisbob said:

November 18th, 8:23 am

IM READY!?!?!?

AniZeke said:

November 18th, 8:23 am

I just got my code, and now eagerly awaiting for tomorrow to come O_O!

Aggie_CEO said:

November 18th, 8:28 am

so I take it if we pre-ordered from Amazon.com we can expect to get the code tomorrow?

phinnv8 said:

November 18th, 8:33 am

Does Amazon.com qualify for a code? If so that would be great. I’m mad DICE hasn’t sent me a code I’ve played EVERY Battlefield game since 1942 and played BC1 for 100s of hours.

There are TWO main concerns I have with Bad Company 2:

1) Will voice chat work with PS3 this time? We know Sony can’t figure out how to get cross game voice chat working, but can you? With most other games it works great. PLEASE fix this.

2) Squad Invites *MUST* work this time. I’ve never played a game with such crappy party invite support. Occasionally I could invite friends but most of the time it just failed.

trounbyfire said:

November 18th, 8:39 am

i love this can’t wait if i use my code at 12 am tonight and its not time will it work when it is time and its funny that people post their PSN ID when every post has your PSn on it already. got mine RECODE and really want to play early so people don’t get to good and i have a bad time

JAXX377 said:

November 18th, 8:42 am

@phinnv8
I believe this is why PS3 is getting an exclusive beta and not the other console or PC. To specifically target the issues the ps3 had with voip and squad invites not working properly on bfbc 1 and 1943

Moosehole said:

November 18th, 8:59 am

I’m still trying to figure out why I subscribed to Qore.

GoldenGotGame said:

November 18th, 9:01 am

@JEFF, CHRIS, ERIC, or anyone that can help me. I updated to 3.10 around 4:30 this morning. Not only did I not get a list of what it does, which I really didn’t need because I read the blog, but after restarting my PS3, nothing has changed! There is no Facebook icon in account management, no option to change my pictures to the grid, and no options to change my profile box color. Oh, and my Friends list looks exactly the same. What is the problem?!

spunnups said:

November 18th, 9:08 am

FilePlanet gave me a bogus code. I see the potential this game has over MW2 which is the reason i still don’t have Cod6 yet. I’ll try to get into the beta later on I guess.

Shiffy said:

November 18th, 9:22 am

@GoldenGotGame Are you sure you didn’t update to the firmware version 3.01, which would look identical to 3.00, rather than 3.10?

Moosehole said:

November 18th, 9:30 am

@48

The codes don’t work until tomorrow.

PAGE 1 2 3 5