Spider-Man PS4

Nov 18

Nov 18

Vote today for PlayStation’s 17 VGA Nominees

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Spike Video Game Awards 2009

As the saying goes, “It’s an honor just to be nominated.” If that’s the case, then we here at PlayStation are pretty well honored; The 2009 Video Game Awards nominees have just been announced, and Sony Computer Entertainment is up for 17 awards, more than any other publisher! UNCHARTED 2 leads all games with a record eight nominations, including GAME OF THE YEAR. See below for the full list of SCE titles and what award they’re up for.

But going back to that saying – being honored is nice, but winning is better. Fortunately, the decision isn’t left up to a shadowy cabal of Illuminati; for the first time ever, gamers from around the world get to vote for the victors between now and Saturday, December 12th. Hat in hand, we kindly ask you to vote for your favorite PlayStation games on Spike’s VGAs site.

In honor of our record number of VGA nominations, we’re currently planning a viewing party near the LA studios where the VGAs will be broadcast live to the world. We might even be able to get some of you fine readers into the event itself… So vote now, and stay tuned for more details here on the PlayStation.Blog!

PlayStation’s 2009 Video Game Award Nominees

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves (8)

• Game of the Year
  • Studio of the Year (Naughty Dog)
  • Best Graphics
  • Best Action Adventure Game
  • Best PS3 Game
  • Best Original Score
  • Best Voice (Claudia Black as Chloe Frazer)
  • Best Voice (Nolan North as Nathan Drake)

Killzone 2 (3)

• Best Shooter
  • Best Graphics
  • Best PS3 Game

Gran Turismo (PSP) (1)

• Best Driving Game

inFAMOUS (1)

• Best PS3 Game

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (1)

• Best PS3 Game

Fat Princess (1)

• Best Downloadable Game

Flower (1)

• Best Independent Game Fueled by Dew

God of War III (1)

• Most Anticipated Game

Also, don’t forget to vote for PS3-exclusive Demon’s Souls as Best RPG.

Add Your Own

Vabor said:

November 18th, 5:29 pm

Well done! Uncharted 2 deserves every category it got and that’s what has my vote.

DJnal05 said:

November 18th, 5:30 pm

Vga Awards = joke

Keep up the work Guerilla Games!! u got fan support…

**** VGA!!

hero316 said:

November 18th, 5:34 pm

spike is full of b.s the same way G4 is.
I did my votes but somehow i have a feeling what happened last year with mgs4 will happen with uncharted 2. I hope n pray thats not the case…GO SONY

poodude said:

November 18th, 5:51 pm

I’m voting for UC2 and Demon’s Souls, they’re two of the greatest games I’ve played this year, hell this generation.

CaruthK said:

November 18th, 5:51 pm

I just voted so I hope they win. MS use to be all over VGA’s not it’s Sony’s turn. Oh yeah!

BigBoss712 said:

November 18th, 5:56 pm

I don’t like spikes vga, the most popular game always win, but yeah the ps3 had some awesome games.

VenomXv said:

November 18th, 5:57 pm

U2 should take this easily. Also, I voted and I still think there awards are a joke. Seriously, L4D2 for GOTY? That’s how you know VGA awards are garbage. KZ2 should of been there instead. I guess they didn’t want more than 1 PS3 exclusive on that list. After all, U2 is the only real exclusive for GOTY. The rest can be found on PS3 or PC.

Remf said:

November 18th, 5:57 pm

Everyone. You can vote multiple times!!! Show some love to Sony and their games since we are in the minority in the US!! 6th time voting and counting. Go Naughty Gods!!!

Remf said:

November 18th, 5:59 pm

really! How can L4D2 be nominated, but hasn’t even been out that long and KZ2 wasn’t even listed as GOY…..That’s spike for ya.

Ckrovax said:

November 18th, 5:59 pm

Voted ;)

Great games this year, can’t wait for 2010!

WWESuperstar said:

November 18th, 5:59 pm

Aw man. Killzone 2 vs. Uncharted 2 for best graphics was the hardest decision that I ever had to make. I went with Killzone though. Uncharted for everything else though!

remanutd5 said:

November 18th, 6:00 pm

VGA Awards = completely Joke , wheres Killzone 2 and inFAMOUS on those nominations?? yeap thats right nowhere to be found and guys dont expect the best game of the year ( Uncharted 2 without a doubt ) to win this , they will give it to call of duty modern warfare 2 ( no ps3 exclusive will with it no matter how good they are , MGS4 , LBP , U2 ) , if they have a new god of war 3 trailer i will watch it over at youtube couple of minutes later after it goes live but im not wasting my time again watching that joke of a show

mafecto said:

November 18th, 6:18 pm

I hate the VGA’s but voted anyways.

Also, VOTE DEMON’S SOULS in the RPG category!
Atlus/FROM totally deserve to win this.

mafecto said:

November 18th, 6:20 pm

Unfortunately, many SONY exclusives may not win, as multiplats will garner more votes from both sides.

That being said, you can vote multiple times, so KEEP VOTING!

XxGhOsT13xX said:

November 18th, 6:22 pm

i agree with everyone who mentioned killzone 2. it should have been nominated and i can tell you right now, modern warfare 2 is going to win goty as much as i dont want it to…(very good game though)

AtlasAlmighty said:

November 18th, 6:24 pm

Voted :D

mpnjdevil07 said:

November 18th, 6:27 pm

VGA SUCKS HOW COME KILLZONE 2 IS NOT NOMINATED TO GOTY? I THINK M$ IS PUTTING MONEY AGAIN TO GET HIS EXCLUSIVES NOMINATED, BTW IF UNCHARTED 2 DOESNT GET GOTY THEY CAN GO [DELETED] THEMSELVES

sethchilders said:

November 18th, 6:32 pm

Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 FTW!!! It’s hard to say which one of the two will win GOTY though…

Azure-Edge said:

November 18th, 6:32 pm

How is Killzone 2 not in for game of the year? Must have came out to early in the year or some crap. Infamous should be in there too.

Jeigh said:

November 18th, 6:35 pm

Wait, wait, wait… Are you saying that you, Jeff, AREN’T part of a shadowy, cabal-type illuminati organization? C’mon, don’t play us, man. I mean, let’s face it, you’re a pretty shady guy. In fact, I was watching some coverage of E3 earlier this year and I couldn’t help but notice what was probably you chanting in the background with an incantation book, a dead chicken and an inflatable Ratchet wrench. Fess up, man!

somethingatt said:

November 18th, 6:49 pm

I’m sorry guys but my GOTY vote went to Batman, not Uncharted 2.

The rest, I mostly voted Sony.

TheTwelve said:

November 18th, 7:11 pm

Where is Killzone 2? This is only disgraceful, and nothing more. Utter bull.

mikedo2007 said:

November 18th, 7:17 pm

Uncharted 2 would be nominated for Game of the year (although I’m seeing Modern Warfare 2 compete for that also).

Killzone 2: Best shooter, and Best PS3 game would fit.

Fat Princess: I can’t think of other DL game that can outdo that, well maybe Trine.

Good luck Sony, I would be shocked if Uncharted 2 win the game of the year.

beastilyone said:

November 18th, 7:35 pm

Voted, and Uncharted 2 for GOTY!

whitwhit said:

November 18th, 7:47 pm

if its the people voting i already see modern warfare winning game of the year due to the fact that there are so many fanboys out there that love that game to death. its always the great games that go unnoticed like killzone 2 and batman for most of the other categories. so i hope that they all win something in one of there categories. hopefully!

Rinaldus91 said:

November 18th, 7:49 pm

Torn between Assassin’s and Uncharted 2 for GotY. Awesome year for video games, this gen is finally shaping up to be great.

sTaB_u_N_uR_i said:

November 18th, 7:58 pm

How in the heck didnt LBP for the psp get nominated for best hand held game.
At first i thought it was bacause it was to new of a game but when i saw AC2 i was shocked. (since AC2 is just as new)

(also having only fallout and gta for best dlc is lame)

Skv007 said:

November 18th, 8:14 pm

I may be a tad biased but..
I voted Demons Souls whenever I could..
then I voted Uncharted 2 whenever I could..
Then i voted Fat Princess whenever I could.
Then i voted for Killzone 2 whenever I could.
then I voted for iNFAMOUS whenever I could.

=/

hardest decision:
Best voice actor: Nathan or Chloe? >.< Had to go with Nolan North for that one.. Sorry Frazier
These were VERY good games this year. I'm a happy owner of the PS3.. no matter who wins.

Sakimori_X said:

November 18th, 8:14 pm

I sincerely hope there is no award for Best Story or Best Writing, because if there is then Uncharted 2 just didn’t get nominated for it and that would be a damn shame.

Zarxce said:

November 18th, 8:20 pm

Whoever picked those nominations deserves to be shot. Repeatedly.

Dissidia and LBP PSP not on the handheld category?

And ODST is on that list over other games? I’ve played through that game start to finish and I can honestly say it was a generic piece of garbage. I knew I was in for massive amounts of fail when I got an achievement for pressing select button and opening my map…

cruzer2 said:

November 18th, 8:27 pm

KZ2?!?! i demand KZ2 up on GOTY …

glennis1 said:

November 18th, 8:28 pm

i think MAG is most anticipated/most revolutionary (maybe next year) how did MGS4 not get GOTY IT DESERVES GOT GENERATION

Shadow_Storm_5 said:

November 18th, 8:35 pm

i can’t wait!

Nikos said:

November 18th, 8:48 pm

Voted!

Philaroni said:

November 18th, 8:51 pm

Ya the VGAs are done by Gametrailers, the same people who marked down UC2 because it was not original and yet gave MW2 a higher score calling it original? I think we all know MW2 is going to get game of the year from them. There is a very strong coloration between popular and well selling games like GTA and CoD and the GOTY awards. Just like how we all knew MGS4 should have go it last year and it did not.

I hope the people who vote on this understand the quality behind UC2. I’m also mad that UC2 is not up there for best Multi player game. The online for UC2 is sick and very competitive just breaks my heart no one plays it online and the game was not marketed for online play. Anyway I guess we will see.

MAAZTER said:

November 18th, 9:11 pm

i voted U2 but i have a feeling that MW2 will win in every catagory its nominated in because of the hype not because it deserves it, graphics wise it looks good but compared to U2 and Killzone 2 it looks like crap, i also gave demon soul’s RPG of the year atlus definitely deserves it if they don’t win that then its really stupid…

Senjutsu_Dav said:

November 18th, 9:21 pm

For the content we only have fallout and GTA?

Some games SHOULD be there like Band Hero instead of only rock band this and rock band that…

And, I mean, Some games popped 2-3 days ago, how can we say if we like assassin’s creed 2? It’s not the vast majority that bought it the 1st day…

pelagato24 said:

November 18th, 9:33 pm

Uncharted 2 SHOULD win… im sure of that but MW2 is (I think) more popular. i really hope Uncharted 2 wins

fisapo said:

November 18th, 9:36 pm

I love my PS3 and my Uncharted2 the best game ever!

go go go Uncharted2 Win on all categories

Thrasher20 said:

November 18th, 9:40 pm

I will go on the site and vote!!!!!

ndw4 said:

November 18th, 10:39 pm

Why is Killzone 2 not a GOTY nominee? I truly believe the other nominees deserved the honor,but Left 4 Dead 2 is the same game and every reviewer said it’s basically Left 4 Dead with new stuff. Did Valve pay Spike to be their GOTY nominee. That’s bull.

ndw4 said:

November 18th, 10:42 pm

And Assassin’s Creed has been out for two days and it’s a nominee already…kinda stupid. I have it and it’s awesome, but they kinda forgot about all the games that came out in the first half of the year.

Arthael_ said:

November 19th, 12:55 am

Will you finally show a new trailer of GoW III at the VGA 2009 ?

Demonized said:

November 19th, 1:26 am

Voted for Uncharted as GOTY

KZ2 for best graphics because something about the atmosphere the graphics in that game help create, I think immerse you in a way no other game’s graphics can. UC2 does the same thing with it’s story and amazing characters.

For best PS3 game I think I voted for inFAMOUS, as much as I love KZ2 and UC2, inFAMOUS really came out of nowhere as probably my favourite new IP this gen and is really an awesome game.

rotary08 said:

November 19th, 1:34 am

Dear god put my killzone 2 for game of the year! The game people have been playing since February. Assassin’s Creed and Left 4 Dead are great games, but they are getting easy passes.

lbmanuel1 said:

November 19th, 1:38 am

You forgot demon’s souls for best RPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armstrong said:

November 19th, 1:53 am

Hey Jeff,

Will Sony be premiering any games at the VGAs?

maddymad said:

November 19th, 2:35 am

Voted yesterday :)

McXtra said:

November 19th, 4:52 am

As a low consoption artist and honest person, i shuldent vote so best of luck Sony!

Just wanted to ask anyone who know’s… Where dose PS Home fit in the VGA, is there any comparisson at all? I can think of Yoville and another app off Myspace wich, thow 2d, are similar in function and are net based platforms but i know nothing of the other consoles exept that i don’t like ’em! PS controller is just too perfect, proof is it never changed!!! :)

TailsTheCat said:

November 19th, 5:04 am

Spike VGA? Worthless.

Worthless like PS3 FW 3.10.