PlayStation VR

Nov 19

Nov 19

adhocParty for PSP: The Walkthrough

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, PSP

Hi everyone! Last week, we announced the availability of adhocParty here in the U.S. As we mentioned before, adhocParty for the PSP system is an online service that allows PSP owners with a PS3 system to connect to one another via the PlayStation Network. Today, you can download the application for free from the PlayStation Store. We’ve put together the video below to walk you through the new service.

Gran Turismo and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite are some of the great titles that work with adhocParty.

We look forward to hearing your feedback soon. Enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Vaughn21 said:

November 19th, 6:06 pm

Any chance of releasing some type of usb wifi so it will work on us 20Gb owners? Or maybe some future firmware enabling the use of usb wifi adpaters on 20Gb PS3s?

tomurphy said:

November 19th, 6:07 pm

Amazing. Now i can play my 2006/07 games online. Thanks Alot for this feature. :)

eaferrari24 said:

November 19th, 6:08 pm

what a great feature.. it saddens me that I cant use wifi to connect to adhoc party.. maybe one day just for fun i will pull out my 100ft Ethernet cable to check out this amazing feature..

len1978 said:

November 19th, 6:09 pm

thanks

T3mpr1x said:

November 19th, 6:09 pm

Cannot wait to try it when I get home tonight!

D_I_S_C_I_P_L_E said:

November 19th, 6:15 pm

to bad alot of people cant even get the remote play to work

FailureByDesiign said:

November 19th, 6:16 pm

@1

I also have a 20GB PS3, and I think that you dont need to Connect DIRECTLY to your PS3 via Wifi to get this. Maybe through your “Router” then to your “PS3”, like I do with remote play. But if it requires Wi-Fi, I will be mad…VERY.

cheater21 said:

November 19th, 6:17 pm

I was really excited. I mean REALLY excited. i hit “Start” and was told i cant use wifi. i have a home with computers/the ps3 on all floors of my house. can’t believe this is only available for Wired connectivity users. What a shame…
PS a warning would have been nice

badboodah77 said:

November 19th, 6:17 pm

The PS3 has to be hard wired via ethernet, and the PSP and PS3 communicate via wifi/wireless.

Xyle said:

November 19th, 6:18 pm

Hey guys, This is a great service Iv’e been waiting for a while. I got a chance to play with it for a couple of hours and I noticed a couple of bugs.

When AdHocParty is running for a decent amount of time, the UI menus in the software become corrupted, making them almost unreadable.

Sometimes the AdHoc connection would drop if the PSP is left idle for a short period of time. Really annoying when playing Monster Hunter.

Gao_Kai said:

November 19th, 6:18 pm

I am RAEGING because my wireless router is in the living room and my PS3 is in my room. ;________;

What’s even worse is that even if I move it to the living room it’s hard to connect it. :(

MatheAdi said:

November 19th, 6:19 pm

Tnks so much Sony! PLEASE Make a wireless version! Also, it would have been cool if you could load your home character besides cartoony ones.

Jeigh said:

November 19th, 6:21 pm

Expect PSP AdHoc titles to become a LOT more relevant over the next month or so. Probably see forums explode with people looking for others with the same games. This is going to be very good for the PSP community, which up to this point has been almost non-existent. Hurrayz for relevance!!

Scuba2005 said:

November 19th, 6:27 pm

kinda looks like a lot of work and ant the point of a pap 2 be mobile like not at home.

SputNik146 said:

November 19th, 6:28 pm

I used the japanese adhoc version and it worked perfectly, had to run a cable to my ps3 across the house so its already hooked up and ready to go! now wheres my little big planet?

Craiji said:

November 19th, 6:29 pm

Thank you guys again for bringing this out here.

And thank you Kristin for showing me US adhoc party at Capcom’s event on Tuesday.

xKOROSHIYAx said:

November 19th, 6:29 pm

I love adhocParty! Thanks for finally bringing it to the US.

IceColdEskimo said:

November 19th, 6:34 pm

Any chance there will be an update so I dont NEED a wired connection? Like others, the router is in another room from my PS3 and I REALLY want to play some Monster Hunter T_T

xKOROSHIYAx said:

November 19th, 6:35 pm

Also, to the people begging for a “wireless” version of adhocParty… you need to understand something about networking. There won’t be a “wireless” version because your PS3’s wireless connection is used to connect to your PSP, which is why you need a wired connection to your router/modem.

commedieu said:

November 19th, 6:35 pm

Hello Kristin.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

November 19th, 6:36 pm

adhoc party..to play with your PSP friends ONLINE..doesnt the psp ALREADY GO ONLINE..WIFI..LAST TIME I CHECKED ..IT DOES! so no thanks for this feature..having my ps3 on and my tv to just play the psp… would just run up my light bill! THANKS BUT NO THANKS..WHAT WE REALLY WANT IS A CHATTING CONNECTION WITH SKYPE AND A CAMERA FOR THE PSP…NOW THATS BEYOND!!! ;)

polo155 said:

November 19th, 6:36 pm

Nowi have Adhoc Party U.S. to rock with my PSP Go along side my Remote Play and LocationFree LF-v30… Peopleneed to realize the things u can do with a PSP because all u can do is not Advertised. Speaking Legit. Im Lovin my PSP Go. Gran Turismo anyone?

Silent_Gig said:

November 19th, 6:37 pm

I just have one question, why did it take so long to get this trnaslated for NA and EU?

You could have really pushed more Monster Hunter sales if you included this with the marketing campaign.

theBedBurner said:

November 19th, 6:42 pm

I like the background music.

AniZeke said:

November 19th, 6:44 pm

I know it works because of the compatibility with PSP but is it possible to implement this similar technique to allow connections in downloadable ps1 titles so we can play some classic games with some friends?
This would really tempt me to buy more ps1 games.

starBlinky01 said:

November 19th, 6:48 pm

looks cool. Something that always confused me about the PSP is that why isnt it always connected to the internet like the iPod touch.. Every time I want to use the internet I have to go through the loading screens.

perrandy said:

November 19th, 6:56 pm

love the demo presentation and the girl that did the demo too ;0)

KILLZONE79 said:

November 19th, 7:07 pm

Awesome, no more using dificult software Xlink Kai

ScorpioN912 said:

November 19th, 7:24 pm

Great feature.

@26

It turns off to save battery life.

Mobius_124 said:

November 19th, 7:27 pm

awesome feature!!! Thanksa alot :D

BTW dont you think its better to move the icon to some other place than just the Game XMB Icon, since this feature is not a game.

Bhran said:

November 19th, 7:32 pm

Is there a way to report a bug?

Neil said:

November 19th, 7:34 pm

luvs it

TrueLink00 said:

November 19th, 7:41 pm

I wonder what kind of settings are under debug settings…

gdogg666 said:

November 19th, 7:41 pm

hey Kristin thanks for showing us adhoc question is is there a list of what can and can not be used on this yet? gamewise

TakiFuGu said:

November 19th, 7:48 pm

This entire idea seems really cool, but it’s a lot of steps to just set up an online adhoc game. This might turn some people off. Pretty cool stuff though! =)

divine1000 said:

November 19th, 7:49 pm

The video is showing ‘this application is not supported’ on my PS3 browser.

Ramage said:

November 19th, 7:52 pm

Not that this includes me but what about people who want to use this feature but don’t have a PS3?

Are there any plans to provide something like this through PC or maybe even direct from the psp(why not do this anyways)?

A few friends that I know have PSPs and I’d like to play online with them but they don’t have PS3s(yet).

So anything planned for them that I can let htem know about?

Sesma said:

November 19th, 7:55 pm

Will old games like dissidia get a use for this adhocParty system?

Byozuma said:

November 19th, 7:58 pm

Near any game with adhoc mode will work. No, what gets me is how the English Adhoc Party is segregated from the Japanese version. Is there any plans to connect the two versions or will they remain segregated like this?

JoeDuke4 said:

November 19th, 7:58 pm

Rad feature.

Bhran said:

November 19th, 8:01 pm

Where can I report a bug?

BakkeJAP said:

November 19th, 8:02 pm

I’m one of the many 20GB users and purchased the console at the launch event, the same for the PSP when it came out. I really wish something could be done in order to play adhoc party on my PS3. I find this is a terrible exclusion. I hope a wireless USB dongle solution could be done, it would be great!

BakkeJAP said:

November 19th, 8:03 pm

Cool

dadeivenm said:

November 19th, 8:04 pm

Needs Remote Play capability. Anytime I don’t need to pick up a TV remote and controller is a plus. If the wife and kids are watching TV, I have to interrupt them. Not a good idea.

ThEosSiE said:

November 19th, 8:05 pm

Pretty nice add-on.. This will get me playing more PSP games online.. and the add-on has a really cool look..

Jeigh said:

November 19th, 8:14 pm

By the way, if anyone’s reading this, I think it’s VERY cool that even a significant update like the one that went live last night isn’t being required to log on to PSN. That’s a very strong display of the fact that you’re listening. I’m not sure how most people are going to learn about the update (or future ones for that matter), but when they DO find out, it’s almost like getting new presents! (Ever had a REALLY slow computer, defragmented it and then marveled at how faster it suddenly was? The idea that YOU made it faster, better. The tool was always there, but it becomes a personal discovery. It’s that sort of feeling that I’m getting from this- it’s a really good feeling.)

jelly_bean said:

November 19th, 8:20 pm

I want to congratulate SCEA for this awesome tool. I was playing GT Portable a while ago and I had so much fun. GT Portable is another game with Ad-hoc mode. Please bring us more features like this one. Thank you guys ;)

Moose4987 said:

November 19th, 8:23 pm

Great!!! now only 2 problems… my ps3 browser wont let me watch the vid, and ican nly hook it up wirelessly. if you made it wireless compatible, thi would be amazing for me and tons of others

Knivez0r said:

November 19th, 8:30 pm

This should be PS3’s every game party system omfg.

ChibiMrBubbles said:

November 19th, 8:45 pm

Yo Sony, I’m really happy for you and immma let you finish updating my Ps3 firmware to 3.10, but Ad Hoc Party is one of the best software updates of all time.

OF ALL TIME.