God of War

Nov 28

Nov 28

It Only Does Unbelievable HD Entertainment Bundles

Peter Dille's Avatar Posted by Senior Vice President, Marketing & PlayStation Network

Hi everyone. I hope you’re all well recovered from a tryptophan-induced holiday and are getting ready for some exciting shopping ahead (this is of course, if you haven’t already taken advantage of our great Black Friday promotions).

It’s been a lot of fun rolling out the many creative executions of our “Dear PlayStation” ad campaign over the last few weeks. Kevin Butler has garnered legions of fans as he demonstrates how the PS3 “Only Does Everything” in his very unique style. In fact, even our friends and partners at Best Buy have been impressed. So much so, they approached us about a unique collaboration featuring Best Buy’s “blue shirt” campaign in which actual Best Buy employees solve customer needs. Of course, we loved the idea.

Our colleagues at Sony Electronics and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment also got involved with Best Buy to sweeten the deal by offering an amazing value bundle that showcases the true powerhouse Sony is when it comes to HD entertainment. The bundle combines a PlayStation 3, a Bravia HDTV, and a choice of a new game and Blu-ray movie – all with a total savings of up to $1100! The promotion runs from November 29th until December 12th across Best Buy stores nationwide and online at BestBuy.com. There are some limitations, so read more on the bundle here: BestBuy.com/SonyTVPS3.

If you or a friend is in the market for a true 1080p HD experience, you need to check this deal out. You can also thank Kevin and Best Buy’s Nick DeVita of New York for one-upping each other to create an “explosive” bundle and a great commercial.

I’d like to thank our sister companies and particularly our partners at Best Buy for helping make this happen. I hope many of you can take advantage of this opportunity to deck your living room with the ultimate HD entertainment experience.

Cheers,
Peter

Add Your Own

XenoNative said:

November 29th, 1:07 pm

yes! i love the way sony is attacking the media.

enshk79 said:

November 29th, 2:35 pm

Marcy, get me boom.

Love it!

Numero3 said:

November 29th, 2:51 pm

Great package for someone who is looking for a sweet deal… Like the actors in this one… The “BOOM Kid” can hang with Butler. Like how they try to top each other. Pretty Funny. BOOM

Wyder12 said:

November 29th, 2:51 pm

hey,

The Best Buy guy in the commercial is named Nick DeVita. Not “Kevin DeVita”. Its written right there in the commercial. Just thought I would let you know.

dime5150 said:

November 29th, 2:54 pm

I hate best buy. Overpriced and the store is just annoying.

Numero3 said:

November 29th, 2:58 pm

Well what ever the kids name is, he is funny… The BOOM Battle should continue. Butler vs. DeVita round 2?

xI-Red-Ix said:

November 29th, 3:32 pm

Marci get me BOOM

NICE AD
best one yet

losangeles1987 said:

November 29th, 3:46 pm

The video works perfect, i figure u have a cheap computer…….

Zezzler said:

November 29th, 4:10 pm

I would buy this, but i already own a PlayStation BOOOOM!

Numero3 said:

November 29th, 4:36 pm

I bet the PS3 guys would love this whole BOOM thing to catch on… Could be the next WhazzUp… That hung around for like a year before it got annoying.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

November 29th, 4:36 pm

MAN i wish i had patients..but i dont..so i got the 6ogb and boosted it up to a 3oogb..for 6o buks more :p it got the ylod on my ONCE..got it fixed and i still got my fingers crossed..but the deals now and days withthe bundles are killing me..2 hot games AND a movie for HALF the price a 6o gb use to be..man that HURTS..but hey..it tyme or those wimpy broke boxheads to njoy wats beyond in the gaming world :p KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK SONY!

ps_G3ek_95 said:

November 29th, 5:15 pm

that is awsome i saw a 70″ sony bravia at the sony store
super big tv

nwd31 said:

November 29th, 5:16 pm

i just found i new catch prase, BOOM!

buckeye_guy said:

November 29th, 5:44 pm

These commercials are the best! Montage is by far the best one of all, but I like all of them.

You guys are doing a great job heading into the Holiday season… keep it up.

To all the people that keep whining about PS2 BC… enough already! If you want it that bad go find a used PS3 that has it.

Zinacef said:

November 29th, 5:55 pm

You guys are rockin’ with these ads…BOOM!

ivanramon said:

November 29th, 6:04 pm

expensive!

SeWox said:

November 29th, 6:37 pm

What can we say to this BOOM, yeah thats right.

Already got a PS3 60Gb model (changed to 320GB)
and a Samsung 32B650.

But this is a good deal for people who dont have either a PS3 and HDTV.

darkedgex said:

November 29th, 7:03 pm

This and the grandmother/Blu-ray video from earlier last week need to find there way on to the PlayStation Store. :P

infolead said:

November 29th, 7:42 pm

Finaly, a good bundle, hope this get even cheaper on boxing day, ’cause if it does, im getting my second ps3 and tv. =)

stri said:

November 29th, 8:00 pm

This slogan is stupid…
It sounds like that is the only feature of the PS3.
“It Only Does Unbelievable HD Entertainment Bundles”
Pfff!
hahahahahahahahaha!

How does this crap get past bord room screening?
lmao WOW!

Band2eto said:

November 29th, 8:16 pm

BOOM!

YOU GO SONY!!! Don’t let Microsoft and Nintendo stop you.

To all the haters out there, if you didn’t get any of those PS3 deals, b/c you hate PS3, you will regret it for the rest of your PATHETIC lives.

JoGam said:

November 29th, 9:16 pm

Whats going on with the web browser on the PS3 Jeff? Since update 3.10 I cant watch any of the Blog Videos. Can you fix?

Thrasher20 said:

November 29th, 9:51 pm

I love Best Buy. I just got me a second PS3 console last night :) No more broken triple!!

muzzar69 said:

November 29th, 10:03 pm

surprise surprise they wont tell you the RRP of the TV their “giving away”
o and may i suggest to NEVER! buy a sony tv.
i bought a sony D series in march this year and 15 times it has overheated and turned off on me, and refuses to turn back on till its fully cooled down hours later.
5 times ive rang sony, and had someone come out to look at it and they cant figure out what the hell is going on with it.
last sony product i ever buy thats for sure.
ps3 freezing on me 3 weeks after purchase aint enough?
i have to put up with this too!
not to mention ever since the latest FW update my wireless controller refuses to sync with the system, forcing me to use a USB cable every time i want to play assassins creed 2.
yup it sure does everything.
gimped FW updates, faulty systems and faulty controllers.
what more could a man ask for?
not to mention it gets so hot i could cook a steak on it.
who needs a $2K BBQ, 500 bucks on a ps3 and your all set.

neuropunk said:

November 29th, 11:07 pm

new avatars please – BOOM !

Emtiff said:

November 29th, 11:56 pm

like everyone else, been lovin’ these Kevin Butler ads, but this one’s just right for me – i love crossovers!

blakseed said:

November 30th, 12:09 am

That is a pretty good deal. Like the commercial too. Good stuff.

blakseed said:

November 30th, 12:11 am

Oh, and what’s up with the trolls here? Getting kind of silly.

jimfear said:

November 30th, 12:56 am

lol @ jack tretton picture on the desk

brg1209 said:

November 30th, 1:06 am

Boom! You should make a bundle w/Call of Duty 1-6…BOOM!

losangeles1987 said:

November 30th, 5:22 am

BOOM!!!! Great deal, wish this was out a longtime ago………now I’m thinkin of getting my second ps3 and boosting it up to 500gb, we’ll see what happens, thanks Sony for the best entertainment out there!

stennex said:

November 30th, 6:06 am

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is AMAZING! Unbelievable photo realistic effect. CODMW2 is good but this beta is great. I cannot wait till the game launches. I hope more beta codes are released to increase the number of players.

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

November 30th, 6:52 am

when are we having PS2 compatibility back? so the PS3 can really do everything

jdude95 said:

November 30th, 7:00 am

Hey whatever you guys did with the video player, my ps3 now says “this application is not supported”. Please fix this; it is quite ironic not to be able to play playstation videos on my ps3. Before anyone says anything, yes i told the ps3 to use the plug in when the page was loading.

Numero3 said:

November 30th, 8:12 am

Actually saw this commercial air on TV last night. Looks even better in HD. The best add by Sony in a long time. Does that Nick kid really work for Best Buy?

RuthlessEd said:

November 30th, 8:25 am

#119 @Stri

You must have a brain the size of pea. Perhaps even smaller. Whatever the size though, it’s clearly as ineffective.

The campaign slogan is “PS3: It only does everything”. And all of the “sub-slogans” tie back to that main theme.

If you’re unable to understand something so simple, point the finger of stupidity at yourself. Not at Sony.

Sony has finally delivered an intelligent, entertaining, and effective marketing campaign. If T.V. is too difficult for you to comprehend, may I suggest going back to your Etch-a-Sketch.

MartiniGroove said:

November 30th, 8:40 am

Great commercial! Love the new campaign.

Too bad you could pretty much get the same deal by just not buying your TV at Best Buy and get it at regular price online somewhere. But good concept!

BG808s said:

November 30th, 10:21 am

That ad just wasn’t funny at all, by far worst one yet.

letherclad said:

November 30th, 12:21 pm

I’m loving this ad campaign

GAME-HERO said:

November 30th, 12:39 pm

Boom, Do ya want it?
Boom! Got to have it!
Boom, Let me hear it!

Ladies & Gentlemen…………..BOOM!

But, I love the “Dear Playstation” COMMERCIALS MUCH BETTER….BOOM!

iExile said:

November 30th, 1:33 pm

Lol TailsTheCat fails at trolling. Poor fella’s always seeking attention.

Luke64 said:

November 30th, 2:08 pm

Very nice commercials indeed. I like watching them.

…STICK!

Doaner said:

November 30th, 2:14 pm

SCREW BB
I can get a 50 inch THX – Certified Panasonic Viera Plasma on Ebay for around 1200 or 1300
Plus it’s bright as an LCD because of the anti-glare filter.

Miles514 said:

November 30th, 3:56 pm

HOLY CRAP!!! “Head goes BOOM”

stri said:

November 30th, 4:12 pm

@136 RuthlessEd:

How dare you presume that I am without intelligence!
I am one of Sony’s biggest fans, & was merely trying to convey that the way they have presented the “sub-slogans”, sends a mixed message to those unfamiliar with the campaign. I have mentioned it before without reply so I believe I’m entitled to a moment of irritation.

Your insolent behavior only inflames your ignorance. This is a world of free opinion & thus the right to free speech…which includes text based comments on forums such as this one. This is why I will refrain from asking for an apology.
I only ask that you attempt to gain some knowledge on the individual you intend to insult prior to doing so.
Otherwise you run the risk of looking as silly as you do now.

Remember, you know nothing of me & my capabilities…
Presumptive actions only prove inferiority.

Deadly-Survivor said:

November 30th, 4:36 pm

BOOM !!! WERE IS THE SOCOM CONFRONTATION PATCH AND DLC ( O WAIT ) Slant six and sony is gonna get a boom on there buildings.

stri said:

November 30th, 4:44 pm

Here’s an idea, um…so the “sub-slogan” is less misleading…
In stead of saying “It Only Does Unbelievable HD Entertainment Bundles” etc, say something like It “Does” Unbelievable HD Entertainment Bundles.
Remove “Only”, cause that’s the misleading part.

The “It only does everything” as the master slogan is good though.

That’s my idea, it that’s alright with RuthlessEd…
pfff!

Senjutsu_Dav said:

November 30th, 4:53 pm

I loved the other ads, but I dislike this one. Pretty much boring… He’s too friendly with the nobody (bestbuy dude), normaly he’s supposed to destroy everyone. I suppose they made it this way since BestBuy didn’t want their dude to look like an imbecile.. Anyway.

grimgard said:

November 30th, 5:25 pm

It’s bad enough we have to watch commercials on TV now we have to watch them online? lame.

PreCCord said:

November 30th, 6:45 pm

Price check on aisle…

BOOM!

Only on PlayStation! LOVE IT!