Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Dec 04

Dec 04

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Coming to PS3 February 2, 2010

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

So we know there are a bunch of people out there who are going to be getting a PlayStation 3 this holiday (or already opened theirs). Many new owners are probably going to ask us what we have to offer, and as many of you know, there’s plenty!

Level-5 and SCEA would like to add to that list of fantastic titles by announcing the North American release of White Knight Chronicles International Edition February 2, 2010.

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Packfront

The International Edition not only includes the fully localized copy of White Knight Chronicles, but it also comes with the following additional features and content:

• Over 50 disc-based online quests. You can complete these quests solo, or cooperatively with up to three other players to gain extra gear and experience. (That’s just on the disc. Wait until you hear what else we’ll have at launch!)
  • Voice Chat. Need we say more? =)
  • The Georama. Build an online village for your character where you can invite friends to complete quests online and purchase unique items and gear.
  • Live Talk. Leonard and his companions will have side conversations during gameplay, adding a little more character to your travels through the world of White Knight Chronicles.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about this upcoming release! Be sure to check out this month’s coverage in Qore and keep an eye out for even more information on this incredible RPG in the coming weeks!

Add Your Own

FearMonkey said:

December 4th, 10:48 am

Thanks for replying to my question about the Japanese audio. While I’m disappointed that it’s not included I believe that you really tried to get it in there and for that I’m glad.

I wonder if it’s possible to get it as DLC some time down the road? I can imagine there’s quite a bit of audio and it would be a pretty big download. But I’m curious none-the-less.

I can’t wait to finally play this game. Been waiting a long time.

Thanks again for the info. :)

KazeEternal said:

December 4th, 10:49 am

@Cristian Cardona
Wait! no rumble?! Why? This game has been delayed over a year and added things like voice chat, but you guys couldn’t spare the extra 100k to pay a rumble engineer to code in the feature?

LetumLupus03 said:

December 4th, 10:51 am

I don’t care about the reviews you guys got in Japan…As long as I like it, there is no one that’s going to say to me that I made the wrong decision buying it! And I know it’s going to be worth my money! XD Since i’m surely going to spend hundreds of hours! I played for over 1700 hours on Final Fantasy 7 in only one saved game! 0_0

Enigma777 said:

December 4th, 10:52 am

Day one purchase!

I hope WCK2 doesn’t take as long to localize!!! I’ve been waiting for over a year!

piratedrunk said:

December 4th, 10:55 am

Very excited about this. I still play the Dark Cloud games from time to time so I was happy to hear about the georama feature. I hope you don’t plan on adding anything “in-game” as a pre-order bonus. I think that is one of the worst trends in gaming even though I do tend to pre-order most games I want. It makes buying the game after launch feel incomplete.

ZeroSection said:

December 4th, 10:59 am

I’m just happy to have my craving for RPGs filled. I’ve been starving since Valkyria Chronicles. Every time I jump into a western style RPG it ends in failure. 60 bucks gone on Dragon age and I’ll never get it back.

Just hope there’s plans to get the 2nd installment in a more timely fashion next time around.

Btw does this support 5.1 digital?

dam6655 said:

December 4th, 11:01 am

White Knight is one of my most wanted games of 2010. Just behind God of War 3 and DCUO. What I am trying to say is THANK YOU!

mixedkidbx said:

December 4th, 11:01 am

ive wanted this game for a long long time and have had it on pre order for a long time now.

Sadly though, the over a year wait for it has kinda made me upset. I mean i don’t understand who made the decision to delay the game for such a long time just to add things that could have easily been DLC in patches.

Im still getting this game and im sure i will enjoy it. Im just hoping next time it doesn’t take you guys over a year to “port” a game into english.

Enigma777 said:

December 4th, 11:01 am

That is an excellent cover! I don’t get why it’s called “International edition” though… None of the add-ons scream “international” to me.

Anyways, this is a day one buy!

Also, I hope that WKC2 doesn’t take so damn long to get localized!

Korbei83 said:

December 4th, 11:01 am

Wait 14 months to butt up against FFXIII. Brilliant. You’ve had 3 years of open RPG seas.. Why…

Forget it.

IrishPete333 said:

December 4th, 11:02 am

I will be pre-ordering this soon. Keep on bringing RPGs to the PS3!

Calendaros said:

December 4th, 11:05 am

No Japanese voices and no rumble? What kind of joke is this? It’s on a damn Bluray disk, how can you not be able to include any of that stuff?

spunnups said:

December 4th, 11:05 am

No rumble is kind of deperessing. But the game looks awesome regardless, I will definitely give it a go!

Destiny89 said:

December 4th, 11:06 am

Amazing news!, im so buying this and cant wait, going to pre-order my copy soon

JVillella said:

December 4th, 11:07 am

I CANT wait. IM SO PREORDERING IT!!! Will there be a preorder bonus?

Destiny89 said:

December 4th, 11:08 am

Please level5 keep up the good work and keep bringing those great RPG’s to us. hope to see WKC2 coming soon too

SillyHatMafia said:

December 4th, 11:10 am

Awesome, any chance of a demo?

jimmyfoxhound said:

December 4th, 11:11 am

Cool! I love Level 5 and I’ll def be putting my pre-order in as we speak. Thank you so much for the info, Christian!

silverthehedgeh said:

December 4th, 11:15 am

any word on ps home items for the US

DustMan1565 said:

December 4th, 11:17 am

This is so exciting – thanks Level-5 and SCEA!

Does this version have trophy support?

NinjaZeroEight said:

December 4th, 11:18 am

I can’t wait for WKC!! I’ve been wanting to get my hands on it since the first Japanese trailer.
Here’s a suggestion; never mention that you were even trying to get the Japanese voice overs unless you CAN get it. You just end up making a lot of people mad. And they shouldn’t be. They don’t expect original voice overs for any of their other RPGs but as soon as you mention that we could possibly get it, you’ve sealed your fate.
Anyway, thanks for the update, and THANK YOU for keeping that awesome cover and not throwing on some CG characters on it. RPG gamers appreciate artwork a lot more than people think. Thanks again!

Gorvi said:

December 4th, 11:22 am

As an avid Level 5 fan I can’t wait for this, I just wish there were a little bit more distance between WKC and FFXIII. Oh well, that just means February will be all about playing WKC every chance I get. :)

infamousmantis said:

December 4th, 11:23 am

Thanks for the hard work!

Will there be free download content?

Will there be exclusive content that needs some $ too?

I just preordered the game! =]

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

December 4th, 11:41 am

We appreciate the support! We\’ll have some more news in the coming weeks that\’ll help answer your questions.

TL2 said:

December 4th, 11:24 am

Over a year old, no rumble, no Japanese audio, still full price and a month before Final Fantasy 13. I will probably have to pass on this one

GGCAN said:

December 4th, 11:25 am

Thanks for the heads up Christian.

Love RPGs and can’t wait for this one.

EventStatus said:

December 4th, 11:26 am

I’ve been waiting for this game since it came out in japan, definitely a must get. Pre-ordering this without hesitation.

dragonmagician said:

December 4th, 11:28 am

Q1 2010 looks amazing. I’ve waited forever for this game.

Can you promise that WKC2 will take less time to localize? Level-5 is gaining popularity in Japan; but I think you can really become more popular in the West if you localize your amazing games faster (worldwide release would even be better).

asop89 said:

December 4th, 11:29 am

Finally!!! Can’t wait for it :D
Would you go & hug + shake hands with everyone at Level 5 for me??? :D

Zieglinde said:

December 4th, 11:31 am

Can US and EU players play together online? And can US and EU players play with japanese players too?

Seba501 said:

December 4th, 11:31 am

is there any demo before the game release ?. Im not very sure about buy it, i rly need to try it first.

CSZ02 said:

December 4th, 11:35 am

This, THIS is what we are waiting for!!! RPGS!!! Especially if it’s from Level-5!!! Glad we’ll get to play it soon. Wish there was a next-gen Dark Cloud game though… That would really be fantastic.

Gringo234 said:

December 4th, 11:36 am

I like what Level 5 does, but I’m afraid I’ll be too busy with Mass Effect 2 and I could only afford to play one RPG at a time. Maybe if I don’t forget about this game down the line I’ll get it for sure.

CSZ02 said:

December 4th, 11:36 am

forgot to mention also it’d be great if we got another Rogue Galaxy… But again, looking forward to White Knight Chronicles!!!

FearMonkey said:

December 4th, 11:37 am

@72 – I always have preferred everything (film, games, etc.) to be heard/experienced in their original language as that is the director’s original vision for the work.

Last generation games were on DVDs and even though it was possible to squeeze in dual-audio, it wasn’t always possible, so I never “expected” it.

However, the PS3 has a Blu-Ray drive so there’s more space so now those of us who prefer the original audio tracks are being more vocal about it because now we assume there’s room. But some games like MGS4 are so big there is still no room for a second audio track. I’m assuming this is the case for WKC as well.

BigRon3400 said:

December 4th, 11:38 am

Don’t care about Japanese voices. Rather just be immersed in the story and graphics than reading English text and hearing Japanese voices. Who wants to look at the bottom of their screen the whole time people are talking? Not me. As for rumble support, who gives a crap. I had it on PS2 and it never really added anything to the gameplay experience for me. I still haven’t picked up a DS3 yet. So anyway game looks awesome wish it wasn’t coming out so close to FF13 because it might hurt your sales but I think I’m going to pick up WKC because the online component sounds very cool so I want to see what thats all about. Oh and that boxart is freaking awesome.

franky2428 said:

December 4th, 11:43 am

nice job on the voice chat, I’ll probably end up picking this up now.

komori_kiri said:

December 4th, 11:44 am

Wow… was so excited about this, but no Japanese voices = no buy :/ (just like with FFXIII)

English dubs suck 99% of the time and nothing can really top the original thing. Not to mention that the Japanese cast for this game is amazing, a few of the best seiyū out there.

Herlock21 said:

December 4th, 11:48 am

We want choice dammit, some people are purist and rpgfan we like OV and Japanese voices, whhhhhhhhhhhhy ????????
This game came out more than one year and we dont have this on Blu Ray, i love Level 5 but wake up guys!
I dont care about english double!
I really pist off now!

LetumLupus03 said:

December 4th, 11:51 am

Do you have any info about White Knight Chronicles 2?

Like in which platform its going to be on, or if the release might be shorter for us in North America and Europe compared to the first White Knight Chronicles?

I’m pretty sure the answer is no, but i’m just asking since i’m pretty curious about this title!

Oh and another question! Will there be a demo released before the game’s launch?

Revolutionary said:

December 4th, 11:52 am

Ha, Georama. That’s awesome.

Any word on whether there will be a Dark Cloud 3?

Either way, I’ll be picking this up on Day 1. Can’t wait.

greatestfoe said:

December 4th, 11:54 am

Amazing news! Now, when is Dark Cloud 3 coming out ^_^?

ZFair said:

December 4th, 11:54 am

What is the Difference with the International Version, usually that is for Japan only.

BigBoss712 said:

December 4th, 11:55 am

yay! been looking forward to this game for quite a while, hope the sequel doesn’t take as long to come out.

TakiFuGu said:

December 4th, 11:57 am

12 days before my birthday! Hopefully it gets great reviews.

Lucreto said:

December 4th, 12:02 pm

Can’t wait for it. I need an RPG soon.

I was a little disappointed that the Georama was online but a good edition by the way. I hope in the sequel has it blend into the single player along the lines of finding parts all over the world and get people to live in it give the best armour in the game.

Could you explain to me how the Georama works in this game. Do you start off with everything or do you buy parts with real money or in game money or collect over the game?

gus_xl said:

December 4th, 12:03 pm

Greatstuff! I’ve really been into RPGs a lot lately and I think this is going to be a great addition!

ThanatosDMC said:

December 4th, 12:07 pm

Awesome! Though there’s a ton of good games coming out during this month and the next. Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2!

NOTTULYS said:

December 4th, 12:07 pm

Been waiting for this game since I seen screen-shots for it a year or so ago…cant wait to play. Good Work

improperlyaged said:

December 4th, 12:08 pm

Day one will buy tahnks for teh great info.

Destiny89 said:

December 4th, 12:23 pm

Small question!

Will level5 be bringing WKC2 to us as well?