Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Dec 10

Dec 10

God of War III Status Update

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

On Tuesday, SCEA and a number of our publishing partners (2K, Capcom, EA, SEGA, and Square-Enix) filled a SoHo art gallery with many of the best games you’ll be playing in early 2010. Before things kicked off, Sony Santa Monica Studios’ Director of Development John Hight showed me a brand new scene from God of War III. We’ll be sharing a detailed look at that scene next month, but I thought you might want an update from the team on how the game is coming along.

We’ll be sharing more from our Q1 event soon, so keep an eye out!

Add Your Own

tenuous said:

December 10th, 7:18 pm

I’m getting GOW collection for christmas and it will be my first play through of both games so I can’t wait to dive into the GOW universe.

QCVic said:

December 10th, 7:19 pm

Jeff I read your twitter and now you show a video. If I wasn’t a patient person……….

j/k

Thanks for the update. Can’t wait until Jan.

bLiNdSiDe82 said:

December 10th, 7:30 pm

Dude…. can’t wait for this game… March 2010 can’t come soon enough. I’ve played that E3 demo at least 20 times, it’s sick.. Love the evisceration.

OnslaughtCometh said:

December 10th, 7:30 pm

Was this open to the public? If so, why wasn’t there some sort of announcement on here? There’s usually a million announcements for all the crap that takes place outside of the east coast, but not one for the rare eastern event?

PHILLYD_1230 said:

December 10th, 8:15 pm

i played the demo and it was [DELETED] awesome especially the execution animations of the minibosses and helios.I havent gotten passed the beginning the other 2 games but i think the demo loosened me up a bit to get it lol and ive also played the dantes inferno demo which seems alot like god of war.

burnedearth said:

December 10th, 8:33 pm

Wish I could see this amazing preview.

Freakin PS3 web browser bites the big one.

poweredbyzen said:

December 10th, 8:41 pm

pre-ordered the ultra limited edition – i want the good stuff!

Kamahl_rg said:

December 10th, 8:49 pm

i cant wait :( and i still dont have a GOW 3 demo

John_Oval said:

December 10th, 9:20 pm

Cannot wait for this one…at the same time though I do love how they arent showing too much of the game, since they dont want to ruin anything for us, and I respect that…

That being said…we do need SOME new info soon!

kaihopsn said:

December 10th, 9:46 pm

Will this game run at 720p like the demo or will it run at 1080p on it’s final release?

Vex_Doppel said:

December 10th, 9:47 pm

Hey Jeff, one question. Does GOW3 run in 1080p?

TailsTheCat said:

December 10th, 9:58 pm

Been there, done that.
Mildly upgraded graphics.
No Jaffe, no sale.
God of War (1) is the best in the franchise.

etur0 said:

December 10th, 10:49 pm

I wish you guys would have release the demo for gow3 in this month quore but oh well still got the MNR beta to play

also when will the demo come out

etur0 said:

December 10th, 10:54 pm

@41 I wish they would add like that that tell you how many hours you have played the game like xfire do I know so games do but only the saves for ex I have 3 characters and I have created others has well but deleted them on Oblivion and it tells you how long you have played with that one chr but it doesn’t tell you how long you have played the game

vavires said:

December 10th, 10:57 pm

Played the demo, and it didnt work out for me, its just more of the same thing, repetetive, graphics arent “wow”. I also played the demo for bayonetta wich actually was a lot better. Dantes inferno and darksiders looks better to, i think in the end GOW is just for the real fans of the series but will have a lot of competition from the other great games coming in the same genre with just that extra edge GOW 3 is failing at

jeremy23jacinto said:

December 10th, 10:59 pm

I bought the first 2 god of war even god of war chain of olympus , to day i bought the god of war collection and Pre Ordered God of War III Ultimate Edition so does it make me a God of War fanatic or fanboy? the the game by the way

Rude_Sparthan said:

December 10th, 11:09 pm

..any way to see something at VGA..? …please……… I cant wait..!! :)

Cagalli said:

December 10th, 11:31 pm

Hope this means we’ll be seeing news from Square and Sega :)

Arthael_ said:

December 11th, 12:55 am

When in Junary ?

Early ? Mid ? Late ? :)

papamama123 said:

December 11th, 1:25 am

thanks for the update jeff:) well i love this game alot. since God of War one, i have always wished they could add “caption” or “subtitles” during in game dialogue so that i could fully understand and appreciate the storyline, because i have “hearing problems”:( please let them know jeff…

IGriffoI said:

December 11th, 1:28 am

Majorly looking forward to this game. Majorly.

station3fever said:

December 11th, 1:33 am

PLEASE ENTER YOUR BIRTHDATE BELOW?? why oh why for the love of god do you put this in? if we are already logged in why put in that junk? GRRRRRRRRRR
Well i will say the game looks kickass :)

FOS said:

December 11th, 2:54 am

60fps please. I hate to say it Dante’s Inferno did it, Bayonetta did it, DMC4 did it.

sandman924 said:

December 11th, 3:49 am

where do u go for the demo the collection set to play it

StrboyMo said:

December 11th, 4:15 am

All I have to say is “Boom”

“Boom to the power of Boom”

Nader-Abudiix said:

December 11th, 4:46 am

thanks for the reply i hope the reply will be longer next time XD

crowsticky1234 said:

December 11th, 4:50 am

I think the next footage is very high-detailed with the new engine, so it’s going to have the same graphics as Uncharted 2. I think that’s what the footage going to look like. Right, Jeff.

that-acmilan-guy said:

December 11th, 4:58 am

Cant wait for Jan for an update.

MakaiOokami said:

December 11th, 5:14 am

I’m playing the God of War collection right now. Actually i came to the blog just to look for that tip video for the 15 minute fight scene trophy tip video because I’m at that part and I want to go and get that trophy before I finish the play through. :P

Sindred said:

December 11th, 5:58 am

I’m buying the Special Edition to this game. There are some collector’s editions that are worth the extra you pay.

This happens when you care about more than just the action that takes place in the game, but also the world and characters created, so the Pandora Box will be mine.

Any chance we’ll see Kratos smile one day?

maddymad said:

December 11th, 6:04 am

I’ve recently seen the video about Ngai speechless after seeing new video of GOW3, I can’t wait to find out what it is all about. I’m glad that I got my gow:collection to keep me occupied for the moment.

One question, so it’s sure that nothing to be seen about GOW3 in VGA tomorrow?

Vyper23 said:

December 11th, 6:13 am

Hi. I have a question that i hope you can answer. So far, we’ve had demos for the 2 games considered to be rivals for GOW3, Bayonetta and Dante’s Inferno. In term of graphic, how does GOW3 compare to them?
I just tried dante’s inferno earlier and i couldnt help but find it too similar to GOW, such as the cartoon-like cutscenes and the gameplay/animation.
thanks :)

Fredendil said:

December 11th, 7:28 am

I wished this was released on March 6th. It’d be so cool to have it as a birthday present! =D

Here’s hoping it isn’t released on March 31th *fingers crossed*

ima_hustla_19 said:

December 11th, 8:26 am

Wish I could c the video but it dosent work on iPhones can’t wait 4 the game tho

Ma1nframe said:

December 11th, 8:30 am

OMFG I am GOD OF WAR OBESESSED!!!!

I had never played a GOW game before the Collection and I CAN’T PUT IT DOWN.

Im one trophy away from my first Platnum (Seeing Red, GOW 1)

this weekend, the platnum will be mine

GOW OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG hurry MARCH HURRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Kchow23 said:

December 11th, 8:59 am

Already pre-ordered my copy and I got the GOW collectiong, this march is going to be LEGEN…..DARY

EXTREME_rkmn said:

December 11th, 9:04 am

SO STOKED!!!! Really excited to hear Sony is not pushing it from March due to FFXIII! I have my Ultimate Edition reserved and will have the game at midnight launch, I’m working on my platinum trophies currently for the collection.

I have a question about the GOWIII trailer: why was the dialogue switched around? Kratos used to say “I hope for nothing” when he busted out of the gang of undead, now the lines are switched around. With the way he spoke that line, the image presented, and the music, it was MUCH more impactful with the old ORIGINAL version of the trailer. I used to actually *cry* every time I heard that part. Now, it’s just not the same…. Why was it changed? I lost my 1080p version of the trailer and I would like to download that old version from PSN.

Speaking of 1080p, will the final game run 1080p? The demo show 720p on my TV. Not a big concern, as long as the soundtrack is spot on(which judging by the demo, it is!)

Can’t wait to hear the news next month!

MadmanEU said:

December 11th, 9:41 am

No I do not want a status update. This interview was completely pointless. “Yes, the game still exists…and I can’t tell you anything new apart what we’ve been saying in every interview and every demo since E3, because we don’t want to release new scenes”.

Give me a break. ONE scene does not count as marketing. This game is going to unbelievably epic, and its going to TANK in sales because Santa Monica have been too damn secretive about the project. NO ONE KNOWS THIS GAME EXISTS outside of people like us.

Epic fail.

Also, you need to fix the videos. The videos automatically stop and reload when I move my mouse away from the video windows. Programming fail.

sscoolChea said:

December 11th, 9:53 am

GOD OF WAR 3

SPEEECHLESS…MARCH CAN’T COME SOON ENOUGH

DUALSHOCK13 said:

December 11th, 10:17 am

when and where can u get beta codes for ps3

ad12345678910111 said:

December 11th, 11:26 am

When you buy god of war collection inside you will see a flyer with god of war3 behind the flyer you will see the beta code for god of war 3.

jrodrigoguerra said:

December 11th, 11:33 am

I know this is not the right place, but I’m trying to talk with Consumer Support and all I got is an error in website. Can you help me with this?

NOTTULYS said:

December 11th, 12:25 pm

Man, I remember buying the first game before it got any big exposure….what a great random purchase. I already got the Ultimate Edition reserved.

blackmoses11 said:

December 11th, 4:29 pm

JEFF….JEFF….JEFF!!!! Quick, man I’m desperate! I just bought the God of War Collection Today, just to get the chance to play that coveted E3 Demo of GOD of War III. Unfortunately my voucher code didn’t work! and the Consumer Services Number on the back is completely automated……totally no help! What do I do. After seeing this interview I absolutely need to play it. I tried taking it back to Gamestop but obviously they are not having anything to do with my problem. Can some one hook me up PLEASE!!!!!!

Talyis said:

December 11th, 4:48 pm

Weird GameStop has it set to release in April now a couple of weeks ago it was set for March, Well we did hear it from the man himself John Hight lets hope they stick to the game plan!

specialist08 said:

December 11th, 4:51 pm

how can you get the GOW3 demo from the collection?

FireDragonGod said:

December 11th, 5:28 pm

I Wonder If Kratos’s Brother Is In The Game

God Of War Is The Best Game Ever

4get FPS’s It’s About God Of War

unholyrevenger72 said:

December 11th, 5:31 pm

when in January?

onslaughtree said:

December 11th, 7:08 pm

You can get a copy of the GOW III demo in the upcomming BLU-RAY of DISTRICT 9….

jpvato00 said:

December 11th, 8:37 pm

Love the God of War franchise. The game looks good. I have a problem with the GoW 3 demo code. Its says its invalid and I recently purchase the game.