Knack 2

Jan 08

Jan 08

Heavy Rain Officially Releasing on February 23!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

Many people have been asking about when precisely Heavy Rain is going to hit store shelves in North America. Well, I’m here to deliver great news to those of you who are antsy to dive into this highly anticipated PS3 exclusive being developed by Quantic Dream. Fans of Heavy Rain can get their hands on this highly emotional thriller beginning Tuesday, February 23rd at participating retail stores.

Heavy Rain Mall Screenshot 3

As mentioned last month, players can pre-order their copy of Heavy Rain now at participating retailers, and will receive, for free and before anyone else, the first episode of The Heavy Rain Chronicles (valued at $4.99 each episode) titled, “Heavy Rain: Chronicle One – The Taxidermist”.

Still don’t know enough about Heavy Rain? Check out our GamesCom posting to meet Heavy Rain’s director and co-CEO of Quantic Dream, David Cage, as he takes fans through one of more than 50 scenes this spectacular journey has to offer.

Heavy Rain Screenshot 4 Heavy Rain Jayden Thoughts Screenshot

Continue to check back here on the Blog to get the latest news about Heavy Rain. We’ll have more to come in the next couple of weeks!

Heavy Rain Sleazy Place Screenshot

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

ADR143 said:

January 8th, 6:36 pm

will w8 and see if i should get this

wanethemane93 said:

January 8th, 6:44 pm

Can’t Wait!!!! Can’t Wait!!!! To finally see the release date is just a sigh of relief and i can finally play this great experience. Still, can’t wait to play it.

LTH-Ricochet said:

January 8th, 8:39 pm

I hope the US version doesn’t get censored.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 8th, 8:43 pm

It won\’t! Quantic Dream did a fantastic job of maintaining the game\’s integrity across all our territories.

Unknown837 said:

January 9th, 2:30 am

Wait…wait according to the new episode of Qore the release date is Feburary 16th o_O

Sum-Mischief said:

January 9th, 3:39 am

This is great news and thanks I been looking forward to this game for sometime and I know the same can be said for members in my clan…. its been pre-ordered and pre-ordered some time ago ;)

inFAMOUS409 said:

January 9th, 7:01 am

hell yea, comes out on my B-Day

Black_Chamber said:

January 9th, 9:23 am

I still want to know if the DLC for Heavy Rain is already on the game disc – or will it be entirely new content that we are downloading?

It better not already come on the game disc I paid $60 for – and then I have to turn around and pay an additional $4.99 for each of the “DLC” episodes? That is silly and criminal.

This is why DLC fails.

LordRaoh said:

January 9th, 10:08 am

are there any plans in the works for more games like Heavy Rain? Is sony working on expanding this genre?

the play create share genre with littlebigplanet and modnation racers seems to be doing well although i feel its not promoted enough.

will sony release heavy rain then forget about it or does sony realize an untapped genre where they can dominate by delivering more of the like?

already there are god of war and gran turismo clones out there, sony should beat the competition to the punch and really drive this genre home.

just watcheed qore episode 20. one of my favorite episodes to date. this is why i subscribed. there are already youtube clips of episode 20, but nothing beats watching qore via my ps3 on my bravia tv.. (sadly 3dless)

cant wait for the games release

LordRaoh said:

January 9th, 10:10 am

And tell Quantic Dream thank you. in an age dominated by first person shooters and in 2010 lead by action games, a game like heavy rain is a welcomed breath of fresh air..

so excited..

StarkKat said:

January 9th, 11:20 am

The rating and censorship details are REALLY IMPORTANT. What was cut and what was left alone… Gotta know before I (and a lot of other customers) bite.

ChronicV said:

January 9th, 3:18 pm

The sweetest looking game, not hard on action but worth the visual eye candy. Sometimes I have a hard tyme figuring out if it’s real or just Heavy rain. Any relation to “chubby rain” lol the movie buffs should get that one :-)

Miles514 said:

January 9th, 3:19 pm

WOOOOO! My question is how long and how good is the DLC?

Thrill_Kill said:

January 9th, 3:40 pm

This is great news! I can’t wait to get this new awesome game!

theoriginaljaz said:

January 10th, 1:11 am

Will the Japanese version be censored in any way? I would just like confirmation. Thanks.

shadowhunter2108 said:

January 10th, 1:56 am

I Think this is going to be a Great gaem but i also thing it is gunna flunk money

B_Serious_ said:

January 10th, 3:03 pm

Indigo Prophecy was one of my favorite games, so I KNOW this is going to be EPIC. Prolly my most anticipated game for the ps3 yet.

Rostam10 said:

January 10th, 5:03 pm

r the code ppl r talkin about the 1 4 preorderin an gettin an episode free? i wish in the 2nd title of this game ther is multiplayer! hopefully thers PS Home stuff! cant wait 2 get it 4 my b-day!!

J4rden_ said:

January 11th, 7:48 am

Will Poland get pre-order DLC or it will be availbla for download later?

FireDragonGod said:

January 11th, 10:36 am

Beautiful Game Man I Cant Wait

poisonedsodapop said:

January 11th, 2:44 pm

I was interested in this game until I played Indigo Prophecy. Now I’ll wait until it hits the bargain bin. That being said it’s still a beautiful game and I hope it’s as enjoyable as it looks.

snackytongs said:

January 11th, 7:36 pm

I simply do not understand why the US box art has to look like a cheap photo-montage. Everything that Quantic Dream has said on record about classifying Heavy Rain as a game unlike other games (indeed, not a game but a dramatic experience) runs contrary to this decision. It looks absolutely horrible.

How do you expect people to take your work seriously if you can’t promote it with class and integrity?

Utterly disappointing.

OutlawByrd said:

January 11th, 8:04 pm

i cant wait for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChainClutch said:

January 23rd, 7:22 pm

So I just preordered my copy at my local EBgames, and guess what, they have no idea of anything extra that customers get when they preorder Heavy Rain. Im in Canada by the way. Can anyone answer me this, what are you suppose to get when you preorder this game? I thought it was the free episodes when the game comes out, but is it some kind of a voucher code or what? Cause i didnt get a single thing and the store manager knows nothing, not even any kind of code for preordering this game. Im about to cancel my preorder.

Whoaness said:

February 4th, 3:59 pm

I guess the preorder deal with Bestbuy and Futureshop went awry?

I have been waiting for it, but they don’t seem to be getting it.

PAGE 1 2 3