Marvel's Spider-Man

Jan 12

Jan 12

Introducing the Official Heavy Rain Box Art

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

Hi folks!

Some of you surfing around yesterday might have stumbled upon what might be the US packfront. We just wanted to drop a note to everyone confirming that the below, is indeed, the US packfront for Heavy Rain:

Heavy Rain PS3 Packfront

We’re also able to confirm Heavy Rain‘s final ESRB rating has come in at a strong M for Blood, Intense Violence, Nudity, Sexual Content, Strong Language and Use of Drugs. And for those of you who have asked, the content is exactly the same as what’s being released in all our territories, so you’ll get to enjoy it exactly as Quantic Dream intended.

We’ll have much more in the coming days as we get closer to launch, so keep an eye out on the Blog for more information on one of PlayStation’s hottest titles of 2010!

Add Your Own

Lord_Orpheo said:

January 12th, 3:12 pm

Yeah, I like the EU box art a lot more.

footballrule said:

January 12th, 3:15 pm

Oh man, can’t wait for this game! I’m looking forward to a demo! :D

razor_sharp84 said:

January 12th, 3:19 pm

Adding to the majority of commenters: I feel the European version is better.

Butters360 said:

January 12th, 3:20 pm

I like both the US cover and the PAL cover. I just want this game in my PS3 already. Feb. 23rd can’t come soon enough.

M_C_A_S_ said:

January 12th, 3:41 pm

Why?

i want EU version!!!

ok lets analyze it…

1.-a hot girl
2.-a fat guy with a gun
3.-a normal citizen who looks sad
4.-The cop who looks crazy
5.-eyes looking to the horizon
6.-black and white image
7.-blood

well… where is jean claude van damme? hahaha

but i can’t get angry with this box art.. we are in the country of Avatar the movie right? what else could we expect?

CapinChronic said:

January 12th, 3:48 pm

I think it looks great… no pdf printout for me.. Great job Quantic Dream cant wait to get my hands on this amazing looking exclusive. :)

Godzillaman99 said:

January 12th, 3:54 pm

This looks awful. EU’s cover is way better, Have you guys even seen it? Give me a good reason to like it, also what’s with the “V” placement, I mean I get it, there’s nudity. >.>

Runbash65 said:

January 12th, 3:59 pm

This game will be intense. Probably go blind from playing too long. Boxart looks great!

IceCold said:

January 12th, 4:04 pm

I like the box art! This game is on the top of my list FFXIII holds top spot but this is a close second. I’m sure you can appreciate that.

Sponge-worthy said:

January 12th, 4:12 pm

Thumbs down on the box art…looks like something Team Ninja would have done.

twooh said:

January 12th, 4:18 pm

Box art is garbage. Keep it original and don’t screw with it with people on the front.

INTVGene said:

January 12th, 4:30 pm

EU art is way better. Simpler, but way better.

INTVGene said:

January 12th, 4:30 pm

EU art is way better. Simpler, but way better.

Jeigh said:

January 12th, 4:41 pm

Alright, I just saw the European cover art and I’m going to agree… with THE AMERICAN ONE. You can edge towards this one being “too busy” but the European one looks like it’s having a REALLY slow day. Could there be a nice in-between? Sure, but this will do just fine.

Dexiro said:

January 12th, 4:44 pm

The European box art is much better.

This one seems too busy.
You’ve just brought some of the 3d models from the game straight to the box. It’s like you’ve tried to pass them off as realistic but they’re not quite there :/

marcusroberto said:

January 12th, 4:45 pm

I prefeer the european version. I’ll be doing what Christian said at commentary 24. Print my own UK cover.

Keebzerz said:

January 12th, 4:47 pm

Wow. The Eu cover art is SIGNIFICANTLY better and less “gamey” than this. They try to make a game that is more mature than anything out there and then they go and make the box art say, “Look! I’m a video game!”

I hope HR’s trophies don’t pop up until AFTER the game is entirely finished. It will be distracting.

SyphonFilter- said:

January 12th, 4:49 pm

very nice box,EU art is ugly so the u.s one is mine.

SyphonFilter- said:

January 12th, 4:50 pm

To me the European one is ugyl,too plain and simple.the u.s one is way better with the characters and origami.

SHINSPIKES said:

January 12th, 5:13 pm

Demo, is there gonna be a demo? I didn’t have the chance to play it at PAX.

matahtak said:

January 12th, 5:20 pm

I actually think both boxarts are bad. If you take the title from the EU and mix it with the US background, and apply ugly brown or sepia and then you have … something. But this game wasn’t for me anyways I think I’ll skip it.

Bravo to provide a PDF though.

NintendoTim said:

January 12th, 5:28 pm

@ Christian Cardona – Thank you so much for offering the UK box art for download when the game launches. I, for one, believe the very simplistic, yet powerful, artwork chosen for the UK release is far better than the US release.

The only reason I can give for the move is to add a dash of sex appeal to the game to get more people to consider the purchase. The game’s initial sales may not be all that hot compared to Indigo Prophecy, but word of mouth will get that ball rolling; I bought Indigo Prophecy at launch, but got a handful of others to buy it simply because of my word.

This falls in-line with Nintendo’s decision to make Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks boxart for the NA release more…violent, or edgy, given Link is angrily grasping his sword, as opposed to the happy-go-lucky allure he has on the UK boxart, riding the Spirit Train.

Bad move on the art change. It won’t change the fact I’m buying this, of course, but I will be downloading that file and tossing the US artwork in favor of the UK’s.

crowsticky1234 said:

January 12th, 5:32 pm

That box art is hot!!!! To me, it does what’s the title is with the rain drops on the background.

Terranz22 said:

January 12th, 5:47 pm

The box art does not make the game, everyone complaining about the box art…why are you wasting your time. Are you gonna frame the box art on your wall or are you going to throw the game in your console super quickly and enjoy one of the greatest and most innovative games to come out in who knows how long.

MadmanEU said:

January 12th, 5:47 pm

SCEA needs to stop ****ing with box art. End of story.

You may have just ruined all of the mystery and perplexing looks this game will have gotten, which may have lead to purchases. Maybe try letting the developers make their own box art…that might help.

Ztnepres said:

January 12th, 5:51 pm

please announce a collectors edition or have available a poster+ alternate cover art of the eu version for us interested to just buy directly from u. id drop cash immediately for it. i preordered heavy rain back in october i think. just a little longer

Terranz22 said:

January 12th, 5:52 pm

Madman, you do realize having boxart that is too simple on a game that isn’t already a well established franchise is also a bad thing? Lots of sales will be lost if the game does not stand out on shelves. This isn’t about art, it’s about getting extra sales by at least having the game be visible to someone passing through a store.

Zezzler said:

January 12th, 5:56 pm

Do you think That Heavy Rain will get patched with 3D (when the firmware hits)?

That would be like the most amazing thing evar!

ADR143 said:

January 12th, 6:06 pm

looks good hopefully the game is good also

RDreamer said:

January 12th, 6:09 pm

As a designer and as a consumer I prefer the EU version. This one won’t stick out on the shelves at all. The EU one is really eye catching and different. It makes you want to pick it up to see what it could be all about.

Keebzerz said:

January 12th, 6:11 pm

This version looks like some kind of B-list, straight to DVD garbage suspense film. Developers really do think the American audience has small minds.

pacman5 said:

January 12th, 6:11 pm

This will probably be another great exclusive game that I’ll get.

Terranz22 said:

January 12th, 6:17 pm

The box art could be a white piece of paper with “Heavy Rain” scribbled on it with wax crayon and I wouldn’t care. This game will be my game of the year hands down.

CheCorchete said:

January 12th, 6:19 pm

I Like the UK cover

wanethemane93 said:

January 12th, 6:25 pm

looks good, but i don’t really care about the cover. I just can’t wait to play this amazing experience

saintaqua said:

January 12th, 6:36 pm

I don’t really like the boxart for the US version. I think something like the girl’s eye in the rain would have been better. Oh well, either way I’ll probably get it. I have it reserved already….but about the language, how bad is the language? I probably won’t get it if the language turns out to be really bad…some swearing is fine, but you must admit, most movies and games (like army of 2) use curse words to the point that it is just annoying and seems juvenile.

SpiderX said:

January 12th, 6:52 pm

Stop the printing and get them to print out the EU box art with and ESRB logo on it dammit!!

Terranz22 said:

January 12th, 7:00 pm

Question for those who dislike the box art, does the box art make you think the game will be any less amazing than it is?

Sakimori_X said:

January 12th, 7:02 pm

Hooray for no censorship!

And I’ll second the general sentiment that this boxart is horrendous. Please do look into some high-quality printable versions of the *correct* cover. Thanks, guys!

trustter said:

January 12th, 7:08 pm

I see way they use this box art instead the PAL one.

Boo-bies. The letter E and V knows what I am talking about.

I like the EU cover WAYYYYYYYYYYYY more than this one.

trustter said:

January 12th, 7:09 pm

Also lots of people in NA wouldn’t understand the EU cover.

BNoomrick said:

January 12th, 7:30 pm

@95 I agree. If there is any kind of art printed on the other side of the cover I’ll probably flip it over.

John_Oval said:

January 12th, 7:45 pm

Why does everyone hate this boxart? I think it looks great…and who cares about the box art anyways…shouldnt the game be more important?

Btw cant wait for the game! Pre-ordered yesterday!

dragonmagician said:

January 12th, 8:01 pm

I don’t mind having the 4 characters on the cover, but if you chose to do that, you should give equal focus to all 4 main characters. I hate how the focus is mainly on Madison, it just makes it look bad.

wolfboyXZ said:

January 12th, 8:10 pm

Oh America, so predictable. I knew they wouldn’t fail to add hovering bodies on the cover when the original captured the atmosphere of the game perfectly.

Oh well, the printable PDF is an okay compromise I suppose, just sucks for the people that don’t have good printers. Regardless, all publishers should start putting up PDF covers for all their games just for this reason (I’m looking at you FFXIII)

Figroti said:

January 12th, 8:11 pm

This box art is incredibly disappointing.

Then again, it’s America. Breasts and guns! EFF YEAH. /sarcasm.

Yet another reason to import the Collector’s Edition, I say! Before I was just going to suck it up even though the CE was super sexy…

Then I saw THIS and made my decision.

Ah, marketing. You so crazy.

Sakimori_X said:

January 12th, 8:36 pm

@117: They’ve said trophies you collect during gameplay won’t pop up until the between-chapters intermission/loading screen for precisely this reason.

Airdrawn78 said:

January 12th, 8:53 pm

The cover looks really cheap and unimaginative.

PAL cover suits the game much better.

p3kante01 said:

January 12th, 9:13 pm

its not that bad.not good either. imma still buy this game anyway.

and hey GOW3 cover is waaay horrible than this.

Rhez said:

January 12th, 9:15 pm

I like the font better on the US version but the image better on the EU version. I think I remember seeing the origami image without the water effect somewhere and that was the best image. This one?

Anywho the game looks interesting, but still undecided. Mostly because I’m not in the mood for anything so dark at the moment.