Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jan 15

Jan 15

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Online Tutorial

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

Happy Friday, everyone!

So we’re less than three weeks away from the release of White Knight Chronicles International Edition on February 2! The folks over at IGN just put up our latest video outlining the online experience and covering its various features including the GeoNet and Georama!

The talented team at Level-5 has done a fantastic job of integrating the offline and online experiences, so be sure to check out the latest video below for more info.

Want to know more? Check out IGN’s impressions here. Keep an eye out for more as we get closer to launch!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Mobius_124 said:

January 15th, 2:16 pm

btw. still no Rumble support? sigh…

Kchow23 said:

January 15th, 2:21 pm

Trophy support?

Neil said:

January 15th, 2:25 pm

Where’s Kumi?

TGolem said:

January 15th, 2:28 pm

A very impressive looking list of new features on top of a sweet looking single play. it’s just a matter of time before i add this game to my collection.

@52 yes this game does support trophies like all new PS3 titles these days.

ZeroSection said:

January 15th, 2:35 pm

Games still looking good. Day 1 for sure but, do you plan on releasing more DLC in the future? And will we get the cool Home items Japan got for WKC?

yukiboy23 said:

January 15th, 2:37 pm

can’t wait 4 this game!!!!!!!!!!!!

katsuo7171 said:

January 15th, 2:50 pm

Thanks for the reply Christian. I appreciate you guys putting everything in the game.

ShadowPhoenix18 said:

January 15th, 2:52 pm

@Cobra1

Haha, I saw this video a few days ago and thought the exact same thing, and emphasizing every other word. Hilarious, but I love it. :-)

jimmyfoxhound said:

January 15th, 2:56 pm

You really need to advertise this game. I really haven’t heard much about it but I just pre-ordered as soon as I saw this video! I can’t wait to play WKC!!

dam6655 said:

January 15th, 3:03 pm

The Japanese rpgs developers are doing some great things with there online. First Demons souls, and now Wkc.

D-Squad3 said:

January 15th, 3:18 pm

I hate that guy’s voice so much! He sounds so sarcastic.

EddyC__ said:

January 15th, 3:20 pm

I’m so getting just not at launched till getting the money ready but looks really good

ShotgunSean said:

January 15th, 3:23 pm

i so cant wait for this game feb 2nd isnt coming fast enough lol i already reserved it and am looking forward to this level 5 ps3 exclusive cuz i been following this game since b4 it came out in japan and am really pumped for the us release.

is there gonna be any talk of additional add-on content in the near future

bob52 said:

January 15th, 3:32 pm

thanks Cristian Cardona,and Rinaldus91 ,very helpful comment

mrkapawutzis said:

January 15th, 3:33 pm

I’m actually looking forward to this more than Heavy Rain and Final Fantasy XIII

midnightshade said:

January 15th, 3:56 pm

Man FEb 2nd needs to get here soon! I have been waiting over 2 years for this game to come out! I got a few multiplat titles in January and they feel like dumbed down gow clones.. I really need a good ps3 rpg to play.. Demon Souls is great but its not really a traditional jrpg. PS1 games and Disgaea 3 over and over again are not enough for us RPG fans.. Why couldn’t you release this month? There are 3 rpgs coming to ps3 in feb-march and I will buy them all but I need something now… Level 5 you better be bringing some more ps3 rpg love after this!

speedybull said:

January 15th, 4:00 pm

I never played the first dark cloud. But the second one was the best! With Star Ocean 4 and FF13 coming out all at the same time made this a hard choice, but i think im going with WKC!!!

raygun333 said:

January 15th, 4:04 pm

Looks good, reminds me of Guild Wars a bit, for a second I thought one scene was Lions Arch! Guild Wars had you meet people in towns to start quests, but you couldn’t make your own town. I will be buying this game.

Heartsbane said:

January 15th, 4:23 pm

Perhaps this only illustrates my extreme anorak tendencies, but i c wut u did thar.

At 01:17, music from Rogue Galaxy starts playing. It’s actually the music that plays during the first English trailer posted back in 2006. Wow, listening to it makes me want to play it again! :)

WKC has been on my buy list since the CG trailer from TGS ’06, and I’m delighted to be getting my hands on it at last. The whole Georama system sounds great – still want a new Dark Cloud, though! :)

mcbuttz78 said:

January 15th, 4:48 pm

good marketing stragty. Get out early Be the 1st sony AAA+ title out, VERY SMART!!. march would be too packed with AAA titles.

Mcbuttz78

Jeigh said:

January 15th, 5:06 pm

Alright, you’ve convinced me (and my brothers). I was iffy about it for awhile, but even if it doesn’t live up to the original concept in some ways, this online aspect goes far beyond what I was originally expecting (especially since I wasn’t actually expecting online modes originally).

But… February 2nd!? I didn’t realize it was so close! Things have a way of sneaking up on you when you’re not paying attention.

sheena1278 said:

January 15th, 5:56 pm

I’m getting this game and gonna recommend it to anyone who needs a great PS3 game!

Roguejedi5 said:

January 15th, 7:05 pm

I agreed with many people here that this game needs to be promoted it deserves it. Sure you get the rpg and level 5 fans, but you need more than that if you want this game to do great. Especially with that other rpg just coming out a month later.

thefjk said:

January 15th, 7:15 pm

Uuuuuum, pre-ordered!

NoxNoctisUmbra said:

January 15th, 7:24 pm

one word WOW!
Game 3 on my list,

GT5, Heavy Rain, now THIS!

Jedi5diah said:

January 15th, 7:28 pm

more of such games will take 2010 for PS3!

LordRaoh said:

January 15th, 7:38 pm

awesome, thank you level 5.. already have this game preordered..

i’ve been looking forward to this game since late 2007.. I was upset that i had to wait a year or more later from the original japanese release..

thank god for a good paying job.. mag, white knight chronicles, heavy rain and god of war are all pre ordered..

Red_Leader902 said:

January 15th, 9:06 pm

Bleh? lol?

JumpMan33 said:

January 15th, 9:55 pm

I wanna buy this game but I’m afraid I might not like its battle system.
I really hope it gets a demo on the PSN store sometime soon.

df2506 said:

January 15th, 10:34 pm

I’m going to pre-order this later today! Looks excellent! Can’t wait to play it. :)

afrosheen said:

January 15th, 10:48 pm

Wow, a late international release, and instead of Level 5 just translating, they add ALL of this stuff? Incredible.

Protip: Advertise this game, it looks pretty darn cool especially with all of the new features added.

CloudBelmont said:

January 16th, 12:57 am

Omg!!! Looks like very cool. I accomplish WKC pre-order. Only have 3 week… Only have 3 week… Week…

Finalsquall said:

January 16th, 5:35 am

2010!!! Can I say Year of the Ps3 and JRPG’s!!!

ArSEnAL_nAsRi8 said:

January 16th, 6:47 am

Should i buy this or Assassin’s creed 2? Assassin’s creed 2 has much beter gameplay but building your own town? Sounds brilliant

mike-yazuka said:

January 16th, 7:08 am

I would be very glad if someone on this blog could answer this question.
If I buy the American version or the game or the European. Will I be able to play with Americans online with the European edition and visa versa?

Berae said:

January 16th, 7:36 am

I preordered this game. I prefer this over star ocean

gus_xl said:

January 16th, 8:58 am

This game is looking great! I didn’t think there was so many things that you could do online. Me and my friend have been looking for a game that we could play together.. this definitely is the one.

palitococo said:

January 16th, 9:06 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my God, im wating for 2 long long long years for this game, im becoming nervous, just 3 weeks for the release. Please Sony this can be huge but need some good advertising, dont let this game alone. Im have 3 units preorded, 1 for me and 2 for friends.

TheGuardianFID said:

January 16th, 11:21 am

This sucker’s pretty much SOLD!!! :D

Mosh_Pit said:

January 16th, 11:27 am

Already pre-ordered this, can’t wait to play it!

axeguy said:

January 16th, 1:26 pm

just a question, why dont you guys have an official website ALREADY? i mean as far as i knw,games have their official website.

KGH said:

January 16th, 9:28 pm

what about local play? The whole game looks incredible, and i pre-ordered my copy (I CAANT WAIT!!), but from time to time i get together with some freinds, and i’m kinda hoping theres support for a second person. There is hardly any local support these days….

KGH said:

January 16th, 9:29 pm

The online features are insanely awesome by the way =)

silverthehedgeh said:

January 16th, 11:55 pm

i got to ask again is there any playstation home items for the NA version i know youll skip this but id like an simple yes no thanks

CloudStorm87 said:

January 17th, 3:48 am

I’m gonna be honest, my excitement for this game died when the game kept getting delayed and an international release was never confirmed. This game should have been in my hands last year. It was one of my most anticipated games for a long time but now I can’t honestly say I’m as excited as before.

I wasn’t looking forward to this game for GeoRAMA, or GeoNET or GeoWHATEVER. The reason I was excited was for the first authentic JRPG experience on my PS3, an epic single-player adventured that I have come to expect from the genre.

I might still buy this game eventually but there are too many other games coming out in the next few months that I wanna play more.

It’s a huge shame because Level5 is one of my favourite Japanese developers.

LastCrayon said:

January 17th, 7:42 pm

I can’t wait. This and Star Ocean should keep me busy for quite some time.

Maakasukage said:

January 17th, 9:42 pm

DEMO PLEAAAASESSESESS S SSSEEEEEEE LOL

I know its late for a demo if there isn’t one.. ready…. But if there is please release this coming thursday Update!

Thanks and this is awesome. post

Maakasukage said:

January 17th, 9:44 pm

Sorry for double post. Umm but will this be released as a Video download on PSN?

Matakage said:

January 18th, 12:39 pm

My feelings about this game went from “That knight looks silly. His waist is too small” to “LEVEL-5?!? I’m totally buying this game!”
Developer reputation makes a huge difference in the world of gaming.

blitzclause said:

January 25th, 3:05 am

I am curious.
Does this have player clan/guild support?
Thanks dude.