Overwatch

Jan 18

Jan 18

God of War III Info Drought Ends Now

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Gaia05

It’s not often that buzz builds behind a news embargo, but judging by comments on the Blog, it seems a lot of you have been looking forward to hearing more about God of War III today. I’m happy to report that with the release of these screens and impressions of the game from last month’s New York preview event, you’ll be seeing GoW III updates much more frequently.

Gaia01 Gaia07

Back to last months’ event, we’ve been dying to share what we saw since we first laid eyes on this Titan-riding, boss-fighting segment of the game. We could tell you how awesome it looks (and plays), how insane the realtime rendering is, how huge the Titans and boss(es) are, but I’m sure you’d rather hear it from more impartial sources such as Destructoid and IGN (look for impressions from many other sites to hit today as well).

Gaia03 Gaia04

If the wait until God of War III‘s March release seems unbearable, I’m right there with you. We’re almost there, and we have MAG, White Knight Chronicles, and Heavy Rain to tide us over until then…

Gaia02 Gaia06

Add Your Own

pcNorth_mOnster said:

January 18th, 11:03 am

waiting sucks but it will be well worth wait

YungShep said:

January 18th, 11:05 am

wow, just looking at Gaia. mind boggling

i wonder tho, is Kratos turning his back on the Titans? im just confused. i know he asked for the help of the Titans to end the war between them and the gods, but i dont know.

if your playing your ps3 on a non-hd tv….make the transition before this game come out..

SSJNeBiRoS said:

January 18th, 11:05 am

Amazing screenshots, and good to hear that we’ll be seeing GoW III updates much more frequently.

And what about some updates on the Motion Controller Jeff, I really liked those videos that showed in September. Any idea when we are going to hear something new about it? Spring is just around the corner, you know? :)

dbzgengsta said:

January 18th, 11:08 am

IN – F***ING – CREDIBLE

0_0

Game. Of . The. Year. 2010

footballrule said:

January 18th, 11:14 am

Sweet! I have both GOW1 and 2 and i need the 3rd! :D

drdre74 said:

January 18th, 11:14 am

The demo looks great and the images look great. The only issue I have is with the animations on the creatures. They all do the same animations at the same time. When they get hit they all go to the same hit state at the same time. When they run they all run the same. Thats something that Uncharted got right. I guess I’m just being picky lol! I’ll own this first day.

memberop said:

January 18th, 11:15 am

@#8 Kuntay

*Answering your EU question.*

Yes. In a sense. URL provided.
It has “GoW collection” added to the package.

Potocus said:

January 18th, 11:17 am

Hi Jeff, will God of War III: Ultimate Trilogy Edition be sold in Canada and the US or is that an EU exclusive?

BrianC6234 said:

January 18th, 11:18 am

“To kick off the end of the drought, why don’t you divulge to us when and where the trailer will air.”

If you know who the HipHopGamer is he thinks it will be during the Superbowl. If so it sounds like a great idea to me. That would get a lot of attention.

Kyvid said:

January 18th, 11:19 am

Hey these screens are great :D
Also to whoever runs the Playstation Blog: The Playstation Conversation section has not been updated in about a month, but I click on there and and it goes to the other page where it shows that you have been updating it. So something is not correct there, it does not seem to be translating to the blog itself.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

January 18th, 11:53 am

Thanks, it\’s something we\’re working on.

LWarrior91 said:

January 18th, 11:20 am

ARE ALL THESE SCREENS SHOWN HERE ORIGINATED FROM A DEMO??? :0

cybershinigami87 said:

January 18th, 11:27 am

When are you guys going to announce the custom GoW 3 PS3 slim?

memberop said:

January 18th, 11:30 am

@#60 Kyvid

*Quoted from Chris M. in response similiar post.*

“We recently upgrade our servers, and there seems to be a bug in our feed. We’re working on it, but in the meantime, you can get the up-to-date links here:” ~CM

I can’t post the URL he provided since my last post with
a URL is awaiting moderation.

onslaughtree said:

January 18th, 11:32 am

EPIC ….I will have to wait outside my local gamestop for this one…

KidCommando said:

January 18th, 11:35 am

Thanks for the screenies, but please, for the love of Kratos, bring on the video!!!

necronzero said:

January 18th, 11:36 am

I want to know the framerate!!

angelspawn77 said:

January 18th, 11:36 am

Those new screens look really awesome, but honestly some people hiped it up to be the insanely mindblowing and while it does look amazing and i love the GOW series, but i gotta be real here, I think Uncharted 2 graphics still look better, The jungles in uncharted look WOW! Hopefully they can get it better by the time it comes out, again not saying they dont look great, because the definitely do, im just saying that when compared to uncharted 2, so far its not looking better, although perhaps we need to see it in motion *hint, hint*. Looks insane in terms of gameplay though, cant wait!

cobbys2012ps said:

January 18th, 11:40 am

I can’t wait for MAG, White Knight Chronicles, Heavy Rain, and God of War III! I love owning a Ps3! WOOT!!!

macbelonwu10 said:

January 18th, 11:40 am

Chaos!!!

harlemzkid said:

January 18th, 11:41 am

0o0o0o boy i cant wait for this game mannn… with my new LED TV.. imma get the collectors edition just cause im a big fan of the game =]

spunnups said:

January 18th, 11:47 am

Congrats on winning Mashable’s “Open Web Awards”!!! PSBlog is the only blog I care about!

VenomXv said:

January 18th, 11:48 am

Damn, we need a video ASAP. These screens look amazing.

jm777-_ said:

January 18th, 11:49 am

My psp Go wont save any of my games. I am very upset. What could be the problem?

Carl-G said:

January 18th, 11:50 am

Keep up the good work SONY :P

Parapraxis said:

January 18th, 11:51 am

This game is one of the reasons I own a PS3, so glad I didn’t wait and got one in 2008 though.
And happily my friend is not going to be able to resist this game and finally pick up a PS3 as well…finally.

God of War III will be absolutely EPIC.
Look forward to the updates and hopefully some interviews with the Santa Monica crew!

PS3 FTW.
=D

xaos said:

January 18th, 11:52 am

I hope you guys are considering another “Uncharted 2”-type launch event :) Having attended the GoW2 launch at the deeply-missed PlayStation Store at the Metreon, there would be some nice continuity at being able to be at the GoW3 launch

swiftshot93 said:

January 18th, 11:52 am

I want this so bad! GOTY!

colonel007 said:

January 18th, 11:53 am

Jeff: Please tell Santa Monica team that they are the greatest devs in history, amongo with Naughty Dog and… well every first party, although SSM is in first place for me. Also, please tell them to make the most epic boxart ever in videogames! The boxart leaked in gametrailers is great, but maybe thy can improvite more so

Thanks! :D

heatseeker said:

January 18th, 11:54 am

Awesome trailer folks :D

Dragonzblaze said:

January 18th, 11:54 am

by the gods just heard my gamestop is doing a midnight launch for this epic game march 15 cant wait

Tooting said:

January 18th, 11:54 am

I need to see the footage now!

ADR143 said:

January 18th, 12:00 pm

me want videos!

just got done finishing god of war 1 im now on god of war 2.

got the collection edition

TraponeJR said:

January 18th, 12:00 pm

Please release limited edition PS3 Slim God Of War custom themed bundle.I still have my launch 60GB PS3 that runs great and has been upgraded with a 320GB hard drive. But I need another PS3 for my room. The sooner Sony announces a limited edition bundle the better we all will be. I also read that Stig Asmussen wants a 3D patch to be released in the future for this game. God Of War III in 1080P 3D OMFG !

maddymad said:

January 18th, 12:01 pm

I’m from gow3forum and I gotta tell you that most of us are very happy and upset at the same time. After a long wait, all we got is 7 screenshots.

We are looking forward to see new video of gow3.

je29836 said:

January 18th, 12:01 pm

yeah does the game run at 1080p? or are those screenshots upscaled to 1920×1080?

Gunwing said:

January 18th, 12:01 pm

And hardcore PS3 fans last year at E3 were upset because it looked like a first generation Box game….. now it looks almost as good as Uncharted! WOW! JUST WOW! Glad I have a PS3 right now……

Also will we get info on new gear/weapons for Kratos, as well as if it will have co-op mode? There was a rumor that it would.

Blkant said:

January 18th, 12:05 pm

Is this a demo we will also be seeing by any chance or what exactly is actually planned in terms of letting us try the game?

Besides the E3 demo we experience through the GoW Collection, which was fun but I want more…

Chaos_Bladez said:

January 18th, 12:10 pm

Thanks Jeff but I’m refraining from any footage or screens. I like finding it out by myself. It worked very well with Uncharted 2 and Ratchet ACiT.

tientch1 said:

January 18th, 12:12 pm

Please Jeff,

I would love for you guys to bundle this game with a God of War 3 PS3 design (like the one for FF13) and add as well a God of War 3 dynamic theme.

Sincerely,

Clement

colonel007 said:

January 18th, 12:13 pm

Jeff also, make noise about a Limited Edition PS3! We all want one! Please!

remanutd5 said:

January 18th, 12:13 pm

Jeff we want Heavenly Sword 2 after God of War 3 !!!!!

Elebumm said:

January 18th, 12:13 pm

I’m glad that your releasing gameplay pictures for God of War III but i think that you shouldn’t release them that often. I love your writing Jeff but I think if we see not as much gameplay footage then it would be alot more enjoyable because we wouldnt know what to expect!

BADDOG-9 said:

January 18th, 12:16 pm

White Knight Chronicles and Heavy Rain well makeing me waiting 1 month & that what i need

mrdeadhead said:

January 18th, 12:17 pm

i’ve got a gift card burning a hole in my pocket that’s been waiting for march…

this is going to be the longest February ever…

JimInPT said:

January 18th, 12:21 pm

Stealing a line from Bender: “How interesting! No, wait …. what’s the word? Oh yeah ….. tedious.”

Wake me when Gran Turismo 5 is released; these fighting thingies are dull.

UnKn0nSldr86 said:

January 18th, 12:21 pm

meh…Uncharted 2 graphically looks way better than this. But when it comes to GOW, graphics is not the main reason why im (kinda) lookin forward to this game.

xiked said:

January 18th, 12:22 pm

This is INSANE! This will be a GOTY contender for shore! I need to see the trailer!!

Skunka said:

January 18th, 12:25 pm

@Jeff Rubenstein – Good morning there Jeff. I’m writing in hopes that you’ll read this. Don’t know how else to contact you. You were following me on Twitter at 1 point (Skunka), guess you took me off. MAG event in Vegas was great! I’ve attended all the events in the general LA area in the past year. Keep up the great work your doing in involving the PlayStation community! My question is a simple; Concerning the free copy of MAG your sending us the people who attended, I just did a change of address. If you are shipping through USPS, no worries my mail is being forwarded. But if your using FedEx or UPS, can I give you my new home address? Contact my through PSN I guess (I use “Skunka” as my alias in all Internet sites & online ID’s, PSN & Xbox). As proof & for you to be able to cross reference I’ll provide you with my old address I entered on your assistants laptop (I forgot the brunettes name). Or any other idea you can up with I would greatly appreciate. Thanks for your time Jeff.

explosive78 said:

January 18th, 12:28 pm

I have to get my ylod fixed or i may have to pass on this.

xcube said:

January 18th, 12:30 pm

will you make a special ps3 edition? like Final fantansy in Japan?