Paragon

Jan 18

Jan 18

God of War III Info Drought Ends Now

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Gaia05

It’s not often that buzz builds behind a news embargo, but judging by comments on the Blog, it seems a lot of you have been looking forward to hearing more about God of War III today. I’m happy to report that with the release of these screens and impressions of the game from last month’s New York preview event, you’ll be seeing GoW III updates much more frequently.

Gaia01 Gaia07

Back to last months’ event, we’ve been dying to share what we saw since we first laid eyes on this Titan-riding, boss-fighting segment of the game. We could tell you how awesome it looks (and plays), how insane the realtime rendering is, how huge the Titans and boss(es) are, but I’m sure you’d rather hear it from more impartial sources such as Destructoid and IGN (look for impressions from many other sites to hit today as well).

Gaia03 Gaia04

If the wait until God of War III‘s March release seems unbearable, I’m right there with you. We’re almost there, and we have MAG, White Knight Chronicles, and Heavy Rain to tide us over until then…

Gaia02 Gaia06

Add Your Own

Jeigh said:

January 18th, 12:30 pm

Huh. The screens are nice and all, but I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking at in some of them. A video would be nice, but I don’t suppose I really need them- I’m going to be getting the game, regardless. Can’t exactly leave it at the GoW2 cliffhanger.

mzdez214 said:

January 18th, 12:34 pm

@ 93 if you do’t like GOW,dont roll the article, GOW isn’t a fighting game you twit-tard.

D-Money85 said:

January 18th, 12:38 pm

Jeff,

Thanks for the screen shots I was wondering when we were going to start getting more information and things of that nature on GOW3.

I just want to say that GOW3 is the one title I have been waiting for and I just can’t wait until it is release. :D

mrdeadhead said:

January 18th, 12:39 pm

@100
i just like that he calls GoW dull, and then mentions Gran Turismo

RandySore said:

January 18th, 12:41 pm

Pure Epicness God Of War III is the bomb. Thank Jeff on the new intel looking forward more media on this game. Day 1 for a lot of people, I wish to have Scorpion Spear to tell March “Come Hereee!”

letherclad said:

January 18th, 12:41 pm

whats the release date for crying out loud

zod18 said:

January 18th, 12:41 pm

This will be sooo awesome, can’t wait :D
Glad that there will be more frequently News relating GoW 3 from now on, its like beeing a child again and waiting for christmas :P

PS: Does anyone know if there will be another demo before release? Or will a polished version of the E3 demo hit PSN soon?

MadmanEU said:

January 18th, 12:47 pm

Jeff, I’m glad that you actually GET what it is we want. And you want to please us.

But I hope this isn’t going to be a trickle of information. I mean, this post hardly counts as ending the drought. Its more like having a water droplet fall on the tip of your toungue during intense dehydration. It teases us, and is in no way satisfying.

More videos, more boss information, MORE STORY INFORMATION, more anything other than screens of things we’ve seen a thousand times.

Please-and-thnx

Trieloth said:

January 18th, 12:50 pm

OMG EPIC!! Everything else sucks!

Devilkimari said:

January 18th, 1:00 pm

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azure_FZ said:

January 18th, 1:06 pm

GOW is lame. /Joke

This game looks so awesome, I have a hard time choosing between

Final Fantasy XII

God of War 3

Assasins Creed 2

Jim777 said:

January 18th, 1:11 pm

someone pick up my jaw

Chrysus said:

January 18th, 1:26 pm

actually we’d rather see it in action than hear about it, where’s the trailer we were promised?

Squall1979 said:

January 18th, 1:42 pm

That is one sexy looking [DELETED].

sikbta said:

January 18th, 1:42 pm

This Game will be EPIC, GOTY 2010

Destiny89 said:

January 18th, 1:47 pm

Epic! cant wait

Haseo106 said:

January 18th, 1:54 pm

Whooooooooooooo! Kratos rules the Game Industry. Xbox360 will bow down to the new king, Kratos (PS3). Because if they don’t, Kratos will bury them like what he will do to Zeus & Olympus!

Butters360 said:

January 18th, 1:58 pm

OMG. Jeff, please tell me Sony has a Limited GOWIII PS3 Slim in the works. I so hope so!

zahidabbasi said:

January 18th, 2:00 pm

dude i want to know if we can play final version of god of war 3 at 1080p resolution please give me the full detail

SpyDudeFX said:

January 18th, 2:00 pm

Can you post pictures of Pandora’s box, when it’s ready? Even mock-ups, I’m curious what can fit inside. Also try to get trophy info soon, that always helps. Any any plans for Home integration?

holy-mob said:

January 18th, 2:05 pm

Uh-Oh! I may have to perform a media blackout on the game in the near future. I don’t want anything spoiled!!!

Vabor said:

January 18th, 2:07 pm

Amazing stuff. I could wait another year if they could perfect it more. Greatness.

ZMan3122 said:

January 18th, 2:07 pm

awesome! Can’t wait till it comes out. I’ma get it!

erodrig said:

January 18th, 2:13 pm

to jeff i hope this game is what sony wants a big hit i play it and it is awesome one minor things in the demo i play there was some slow downs and well the game looks great and i hope the fix the slow downs in the game or through a update …and this an off topic subject you guys should make some other ps2 games onto the ps3 like the god of war collection and lastly have we going to have resistance 3 and about the forgotten final fantasy versus 13

mprunty said:

January 18th, 2:23 pm

The media buzz surrounding this game, let alone these screenshots is freakin crazy. I am definitely looking forward to this title’s release. Some games may have to wait to be bought because once this game comes into my house, that is all that will be played.

TheDracc said:

January 18th, 2:28 pm

How much of the Blu-ray disc will God of War III fill? Example: MGS4 maxed the disc out at 50GB. I hope this does too!

Gunwing said:

January 18th, 2:32 pm

Yeah Jeff get Resistance 3 confirmed and out there with ingame shots. I know that the devs who built the game said there wanted to make it a trillagy and that the final game would use a brand new engine.

I hope it looks as great as Killzone! But this game looks awsome even if the graphics are not top notch. IMHO as long as it’s not crapy graphics I could care less.

Also please tell me they are going to enhance the textures a bit for the game world. IE right now the textures look vary bland, and flat, on top of that some major smoothing could help out the game world as well get on the horn and tell them to use as much of the Cell CPU as possable!

jqtaxpayer said:

January 18th, 2:35 pm

Nice… this likely won’t be a Day One purchase from me, since I’ve yet to actually play GOW 1 and 2, but from everything I’ve heard over the years, I’ll just have to make doing that more of a priority.

hehe1 said:

January 18th, 2:43 pm

Great screens could u make the release date a bit closer so as to get me hands on it quicker :D

KinjiroSSD said:

January 18th, 2:44 pm

Pumped!

TailsTheCat said:

January 18th, 2:50 pm

Been there, done that. Twice.
You all must really support recycling.

You people need to raise your standards.

Gameplay>graphics.

wanethemane93 said:

January 18th, 2:58 pm

Damn, I’ve been waiting to get my hands on some GOW III and thank you Jeff and PSBlog. Now its just the wait till March. My god this game is gonna be amazing.

KILLZONE79 said:

January 18th, 3:00 pm

the screens look bad ass awesome but im just not a fan of GOW never was since PS2 i dont know why.

TraponeJR said:

January 18th, 3:00 pm

Lets play word association real quick. The word red.

PS3 owners see & hear thread they get excited and think about the God Of War franchise & Kratos.

XBOX 360 owners see & hear red the get sad & angry because it’s usually the death of their console with the red rings of death !

KILLZONE79 said:

January 18th, 3:01 pm

maybe you guys can help me out and try to be a GOW fan

TraponeJR said:

January 18th, 3:15 pm

^
Need help?

Just buy the God Of War collection if you have never played this games before on PS2. That collection right there is a steal for $40 bucks. The HD collection will explain Kratos story and get you use to the game play & combat style leading up to God Of War III. Also if you like Greek Mythology then you will no doubt love the God Of War Franchise.

Kchow23 said:

January 18th, 3:31 pm

GOW 3 Bundle???

nickperry said:

January 18th, 3:35 pm

well jeff i hope the ultimate edition comes with a free towel because after looking at those screens…ive got a bit of a mess here

KARAMO said:

January 18th, 3:38 pm

i want it please show us the trailer.

Gooddaysfall said:

January 18th, 3:50 pm

Jeff can you tell me why we dont get a trailer?

Deathmind94 said:

January 18th, 3:52 pm

Damn,must have it,hope will be a long game for more fun gameplay anyways i will buy it,that is sure xD.

daniel1908 said:

January 18th, 4:21 pm

This post in the blog reminds how much I hate Sony. This is not the end of the drought…there are no videos. Pictures do tell a 1000 words, but videos tell much more!!! Come on Sony you can do better!!!

ComixZone said:

January 18th, 4:30 pm

looks amazing, can’t wait

ContrarianKing said:

January 18th, 4:35 pm

Is that a giant horse spider? And is it from Greek mythology? Besides that, those pictures look amazing.

TheDude2420 said:

January 18th, 4:38 pm

Dude i got to see game footage i’m dying over here. Crack withdrawals arn’t even this bad

katsuo7171 said:

January 18th, 4:40 pm

Is it me or am I starting to see a whole lot more of comments stating the following.

“I need to get a PS3”

NewYork214 said:

January 18th, 4:48 pm

1080i support? i hope

dragonballz66 said:

January 18th, 5:11 pm

That’s the one of the reasons why GT5 is delayed. To make way for GOW3’s marketing.

Remmulak said:

January 18th, 5:17 pm

For me….I really do not want to watch any video of the game. I played the demo and do not want to ruin the experience anymore. I want my jaw to drop when I see it on my tv for the first time. But hey that’s me and I don’t have to watch. :)

SyphonFilter- said: