PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Jan 21

Jan 21

The Tester: Cast of the First-Ever PlayStation Network Reality Series Revealed

Susan Panico's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Network

In September, we announced an open casting call for The Tester and the response has been tremendous. I want to thank everyone for your submissions! We heard from thousands of PlayStation fans from across the country, all eagerly vying for a spot on The Tester and a chance to compete to win a gamer’s ultimate dream job – an official PlayStation game tester.

Today, I am pleased to be here on the PlayStation.Blog to introduce The Tester cast. In all, 11 contestants were selected for The Tester. The cast ranges in age from 22 – 36 years-old and stems from all walks of life – from a student, to a paramedic, to a used car salesman. While a seemingly diverse bunch, this group is united in the passion needed to be the next PlayStation game tester.

The Tester Cast

To produce The Tester, we teamed up with one of the biggest names in reality television, 51 Minds, the dynamic production company that is the force behind hit series such as The Surreal Life, Rock of Love, and many more hit TV shows. The Tester, to be by hosted Meredith Molinari, model and host of multiple online music shows, will follow the cast over eight episodes as they battle it out in a series of physical and mental challenges in a fight to win a position at Sony Computer Entertainment America. We have also lined up a distinguished panel of judges, including Brent Gocke, Release Manager from Sony Computer Entertainment, and guest judges such as David Jaffe, Director & Lead Designer of God of War and Twisted Metal.

Over the past 15 years, PlayStation has prided itself on not only offering great entertainment, but creating it, including blockbuster franchises and award-winning titles built from the ground-up, like Gran Turismo, God of War, UNCHARTED, LittleBigPlanet and many more; PlayStation Network has continued that tradition with a huge catalogue of original games, including critically acclaimed franchises like flOw, Flower and Fat Princess. Add to that thousands of movies and TV shows, hundreds of digital comics – and of course add-on game content, PS one classics and more – and it becomes clear why PlayStation Network has become the premiere source for digital entertainment at home and on the go. Moreover, the availability of original and exclusive content such as The Tester is just one of the ways PlayStation Network will get even better in 2010.

Stay tuned – we’ll be announcing a special celebrity judge and more show details on The Tester soon. In the meantime, go to TheTester.com check out more information on our cast and panelists and watch audition videos.

Add Your Own

katsuo7171 said:

January 21st, 12:01 pm

2 questions:
Will this won’t cost money

Is it only on PSN cause I heard it will be on Bravo?

And finally @49: So they don’t end up looking like you. A racist.

katsuo7171 said:

January 21st, 12:05 pm

2 questions

How much does it cost
Is it only available on PSN? I heard it will be on Bravo that’s why I’m asking.

@49 So they don’t look like you. A racist.

katsuo7171 said:

January 21st, 12:06 pm

God damn jeff I thought you said this wordpress error was gone. I’m still getting these duplicate message errors.

BalramRules said:

January 21st, 12:33 pm

AWESOME!! X)

TheL1T1G4T0R said:

January 21st, 12:34 pm

I’m with katsuo7171 here.

I think something like this should actually be free. Would I pay for the finale if the series was good enough. Maybe?

I got to see the entire Ultimate Gamer series for free so why should this be different.

That said, I have a more important question.

Will I get trophies for watching this program? Not a necessity…but I know you guys have something planned for videos and trophies..why not start with The Tester?

RocketSquirrel said:

January 21st, 1:02 pm

Whoa, whoa whoa, hold the phone…
Is that StarSlay3r (Ciji) in the back left there from WCG Ultimate Gamer? *looks on the cast page* Wow, it is.

What, you guys couldn’t seriously find ONE extra contestant that HADN’T already been on a reality gaming show?

Ohhh, I know why you picked her. She’ll bring the needed drama. Hopefully though she won’t do it in the form of secret rondezvous with other players.

Unbelievable. Is this a way to show people that an Xbox pro gamer also plays on PS3?

jhl74 said:

January 21st, 1:06 pm

Sony should be spending money on games instead of this MTV wannabe show. Would the majority of PS3 owners care for this? How about expanding lackluster PS1 Classics library or PSN gaming content if you have the money to waste?

Neo-Marg said:

January 21st, 1:14 pm

A show where 11 people battle it out for a tedious, low paying, entry level job? SWEET!

Hope “The Fry Cook” where 11 edgy hipsters live together in a loft and try to get a job at McDonald’s between real life challenges like throwing potatoes through archery targets filled with lime Jell-o follows in short order.

Thrasher20 said:

January 21st, 1:15 pm

Oh snap

PigChampion said:

January 21st, 1:21 pm

lol @ the Fry Cook

KING_OF_SAND said:

January 21st, 1:40 pm

this is going to be fricken awesome

CarmenSanD13go said:

January 21st, 1:42 pm

You know what’s funny, I’m also the one saying “Good Luck to the rest of everyone trying out” in the first PS Blog mention about the Open Casting Call and lo and behold I made it! I’m the girl in the yellow shirt btw. I’m usually the one making a witty comment on something I’ve observed on blogs but I’ve never been on the receiving end of it. Lol…kinda surreal now that I think about it O_o

CarmenSanD13go said:

January 21st, 1:47 pm

I wanna give a shout out to my fellow Testers that found their way on the blog: UNCyrus, Kanedas_Bike, and Incontrasttogray!

jimmyfoxhound said:

January 21st, 1:54 pm

Oh wow, a reality show. How new and original.

starBlinky01 said:

January 21st, 2:30 pm

lol awesome man. This will probably be reaaally boring to watch people playing video games. But maybe not who knows.

I hope its free!!

DJRippey said:

January 21st, 2:33 pm

Are you going to be doing another season of this show? I was unable to submit my application this last time because of a death in the family and I was hoping that there might be another chance for me to try out for it. I hope so!

Kanedas_Bike said:

January 21st, 2:58 pm

how did I know CarmenSanD13go would be one of the 1st here. rock on chica!

footballrule said:

January 21st, 2:58 pm

I want to know their PSN ID’s. I want to add them. :D

Neo-Marg said:

January 21st, 3:29 pm

Well, good luck to you CarmenSanD13go. Still seems like an odd topic for a reality show though.

If you want to be a game tester after the production, just go to a company site, and fill out an application/send in a resume.

If you want to be on TV, then maybe do this.

MurdocK-12 said:

January 21st, 3:50 pm

Do they know that the winner has to work the 10pm-4am shift? At least if Cigi wins this she will have a job to get her baby some medical care.

MurdocK-12 said:

January 21st, 3:53 pm

BTW everyone, this is prolly fake. However, I like watching the awkwardness of strangers living together who don’t get along.

*side note- Why couldn’t they compete for the job of their person who gives away t-shirts at Warped tour. at least they get to work in sunlight….

DeathTemptress said:

January 21st, 3:58 pm

@Big D, UNCyrus, Doc

Basically people here are either a) jealous they didn’t get picked on the show b) just trolls who have nothing else better to do but to hate (you’ll notice all the comments they make on the playstation blog are hate comments)

I’ve learned these type of people aren’t worth replying to. Basically I’m noticing ppl on here writing their own opinions AS facts without knowing the truth. It happens. Just ignore it. The show will be awesome, congrats to all that made the cast.

P.S. @Azerach starslay3r didn’t apply to be a Frag Doll, the Frag Dolls approached her to be a Cadette (sister team to frag dolls) and she turned them down. What’s funny is HUNDREDS of girls around the country applied and WERE turned down, so you gonna talk crap about them too? Like I said people *THINK* they know the truth. :D

armyinf227 said:

January 21st, 4:05 pm

@71, it’s not fake, I know Danny ‘the Goofball’ in real life bro. He’s for real.

RocketSquirrel said:

January 21st, 4:11 pm

@71, I can also confirm it’s real. Ciji (the girl in the upper left) is a professional game player–and apparently video game reality show star, now having been on the only two in existence in the U.S.

xXMrLuigiXx said:

January 21st, 4:13 pm

LOL I love this. These people are in for a surprise when it comes to testing. Mind you this is show will probably 80% ads for upcoming games and show these guys focus test not actually test.

Good times for all.

CarmenSanD13go said:

January 21st, 4:27 pm

@Neo-Marg what I really want to do is write for stories for video games, that’s why when I get my A.S. in Networking and transfer to a 4 year college I’ll be double majoring in Computer Science and English. Game Testing is a nice way to get a foot in the door, thanks for the suggestion.

Miles514 said:

January 21st, 4:39 pm

I hope this doesnt fail…

Alienzero2k1 said:

January 21st, 4:58 pm

hope this doesn’t fail like ciji failed in WCG ultimate gamer …..

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

January 21st, 5:00 pm

Will this be on cable TV or people will have to pay to buy it off PSN like X’amd? Because ain’t no way in hell I’m paying to watch this, but I’ll watch it if it’s free.

Alienzero2k1 said:

January 21st, 5:02 pm

i think christina lee or w/e said its gonna be on psn network only in weekly updates through sn i guess but im sure people will torrent it

Alienzero2k1 said:

January 21st, 5:12 pm

they just need to get dante in here and ciji can relive the drama from wcg…. then everyone would watch!

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

January 21st, 5:14 pm

Ciji will create new drama dude, I’m betting it’ll be with the corny looking dude with the vest and stupid grin on his face.

TheKonspiracy98 said:

January 21st, 5:20 pm

I’m kinda excited to watch this actually and even though I know nothing about any of them, I want the tall guy in the back to win. He seems the most interesting.

Lugey said:

January 21st, 5:24 pm

Hey I finally made it to the blog. Miss my cast mates! Im Luge – the one in the purple shirt :)

ADR143 said:

January 21st, 5:25 pm

should be intresting

AJC3317 said:

January 21st, 6:27 pm

how do physical challenges have anything to do with being a game tester?

midnightshade said:

January 21st, 6:45 pm

@TailsTheCat … get the hell out of here then you xbot! Seriously no need to bash, this looks cool.. I get sick and tired of a lot of you whining self centered, people that feel entitled and bash the PS brand…get the hell out if you don’t like it fool! Go get rrod disease!

Incontrasttogray said:

January 21st, 7:11 pm

@86 Dude, don’t tell me you’ve never been in the middle of a video game marathon, 7 slices deep, Bawls swishing around in your mouth while you’re yelling through the blue tooth. Suddenly mid ranking online match when the second pie you ordered is at the door 10 minutes early. You can’t tell me that situation isn’t a physical challenge. – BigD

kactu77 said:

January 21st, 9:32 pm

“a chance to compete to win a gamer’s ultimate dream job – an official PlayStation game tester.”
The ultimate gamer dream job is something like lead game designer, or at least producer.
I’ve been a game tester for Activison, and people forget its a freaking job. You play games, get free food and cake, and go home. The worst part is its a dead end job, no job security , and your a temp. I’m buying a PS3 soon though, so i need to check this crap out. 10$ an hour, OMG

Kanedas_Bike said:

January 21st, 9:34 pm

WHOOO WOOO to @Lugey and My Bot BIG D!!!! I miss you ppl *tear* lol@87 too

Kanedas_Bike said:

January 21st, 9:34 pm

oh yeah I’m DOC :)

DeafJerzy201 said:

January 22nd, 3:05 am

this unfair.. be honest. i am real deaf i got email from that show i won casting call but i was at work, i keep call back at casting call office i spoke them ask me for email send me to talk. later i got email, i wrote it and send it back, later few days they are no response and i call back at office they ignore. i contacted to SCEA and he asked me i should write to email them, i wrote everything happen to them. later they no response either. what wrong with that?… that one problem i missed a call while i was at work. no excuse. im upset now

sravan said:

January 22nd, 3:43 am

Cool! A Gaming reality show… whoa!

CDubyahS said:

January 22nd, 4:35 am

I wish I could get on the show to give David Jaffe a piece of my mind. God of War is way too difficult and short sort of like Ninja Gaiden. Bottlenecks and hard sections delay plot conclusion for no reason other than to extend the “gampelay experience” $60 for GoW 3 frustration? em…no thanks asphault hole!

CDubyahS said:

January 22nd, 4:37 am

I wish I couls be on the show to critique God Of War 3 for David Jaffe. Hope the game is longer than Ninja Gaiden which hadd way too many bottlenecks and button mashes to extend the brief plot…

SEVENTY7 said:

January 22nd, 5:58 am

Wow. Didn’t see this one coming. This should be free. If they wanted to do a realty show, they should have thought of something besides QA.

karileec said:

January 22nd, 10:38 am

is this legit? Why the hell do they have a Firefighter on the show? is he gonna take a pay cut to be a tester, not. I think it’s tight that firefighters game tho. He can save me any day :P I am super interested to see how this plays out. Will this be PSN only or will it hit cable (51 minds)? I read about that GH chic and she seems stupid, not even a PS3 player, wtf? sony trying to bring in the other console? big mistake. she must need more crack money. Can’t wait for the 1st episode :)

keiyume said:

January 22nd, 4:14 pm

Nothing like attempting to glorify QA… I’ll stick with development.

In any case, good luck to the contestants.

Naucious said:

January 22nd, 9:25 pm

lol wow theres a lot of love in this room isn’t there?

I know game testing is not the best job, we all know that but why is everyone acting like thats the cast only goal in life? I’m sure they were going beyond the obvious, lol it’s pretty obvious.

For people to make comments about the cast they have no idea about amazes me but it’s pretty funny. I wonder what I will be categorized in all of this???

Yes thats right people I’m also in the cast of “The Tester”, and you’ll be amazed once you see what we went through.

To Doc, Cyrus, Luge, Amped, Big-D and the whole cast especially Goof and Starslay3r, your family i will never forget and I miss you guys… much Luv…

Starslay3r dont worry about what the haters think we know the real and the fake lmao!

anybody want to challenge or play wit me im accepting all request

PSNID: Naucious

Holla!

Naucious said:

January 22nd, 9:31 pm

lol u can also find me on twitter, but who would wanna follow Naucious???

twitter.com/Naucious