God of War

Jan 28

Jan 28

More White Knight Chronicles Goodness + Character Creation Video

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

We’re less than a week from the US release of White Knight Chronicles International Edition on February 2 and wanted to provide all of you with some updates on some of the great stuff we’ve got coming out in the next month to celebrate the game launch!

First off, we’re happy to announce that we’ll be releasing the first of several White Knight Chronicles Dynamic Themes next Thursday, February 4, on the PlayStation Store.

White Knight Chronicles 4

As many of you saw in our one-on-one with Tsubasa Inaba, White Knight Chronicles International Edition will be supporting Trophy and Home integration. As you play, through White Knight Chronicles, you’ll unlock a certain trophy that will grant you some pretty sweet stuff in Home. This particular trophy will grant you a White Knight costume, Which one is it? Pick up the Brady Guide to find out. Also, just for having your Save Data on your system, you’ll be able to unlock a Home figurine!

White Knight Chronicles Home items

Oh there’s more! Coming this February 25, LittleBigPlanet fans will be able to pick up their very own White Knight Chronicles Costume & Sticker Pack! Now you too, will be able to Play, Create and Share using character skins for White Knight Chronicles! You’ll be able to choose from Leonard, the White Knight, the Black Knight and the Dragon Knight.

LittleBigPlanet White Knight Chronicles costumes

Also, we’d like to let you know a bit more about the In Game Commerce featured in White Knight Chronicles. Those of you interested in getting ahead quickly in the Georama will have access to an Online Workshop. This is the place to purchase unique Georama parts you cannot otherwise create. These parts can then be used to upgrade your space even further!

And our last video on White Knight Chronicles’ character creation is available over at IGN (and here below). Take a look and learn more about how your avatar plays a role in the single player and online quests!

Add Your Own

lobotomies4free said:

January 28th, 12:14 pm

will Home Launching be supported for co-op missions?

poodude said:

January 28th, 12:14 pm

Home content, LBP cotsumes AND Dynamic themes? One word: Awe-freakin-some.

Trieloth said:

January 28th, 12:15 pm

OMG all of that stuff looks freaking AWESOME! Iam getting the game and everything else. I cant wait Thanks a Million :)

dragonmagician said:

January 28th, 12:16 pm

“first of several White Knight Chronicles Dynamic Themes”…so how many are there? and when will they all be released? I want to wait for all of them to come out first so I can compare and choose.

Now all we need are premium avatars for WKC.

Nepraos said:

January 28th, 12:16 pm

Wow, the more I hear about this game, the more impatient I get for the release date. I’ve got mine reserved through preorder, so I’m all set.

Plus, new dynamic themes? Count me in. I’ve collected nearly all the dynamic themes so far, can’t wait to add these ones; though I’m curious about how they are animated.

Jsynz said:

January 28th, 12:19 pm

Awesome, this game is just awesome, lol.

So if anyone is looking for someone to help them with online quests, add me!
But I wont help until i beat single player mode first though.

Sindred said:

January 28th, 12:30 pm

Quick question. When I take my personal character online and do quests with friends, is the equipment I find only for my character, or can I find things for Lenard and co.?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 28th, 12:33 pm

Anything you find can be shared with your group offline (provided they can use it).

onisat said:

January 28th, 12:30 pm

cool thanks for the update, oh yea how do you get access to the online workshop.

Sindred said:

January 28th, 12:35 pm

Thanks for answering our questions. I’m very much looking forward to this game next week. Rogue and DQ8, as well as Dark Cloud 1 and 2 have been very memorable games. I’m sure this will follow suit.

Kluv said:

January 28th, 12:37 pm

I work at gamestop and we got the guides in today. I see many references to their past work “dark cloud” Which is one of my favorite games of all time. I totally can’t wait for this.

SGTquig said:

January 28th, 12:39 pm

Got this on pre-order, cannot wait to play it! Now I just wish “Agarest: Generations of War” would get brought over from Europe or the original Japanese game would get localized, then my year would be complete!

EventStatus said:

January 28th, 12:40 pm

Hold on, so this is definitely coming out on tuesday? Not shipping then have to wait till wednesday or a couple days after that? Because I’ve had this preordered for a very long time, and amazon is telling me I won’t get WKC till the 5th or 6th.

That’s with my premium membership with all the bells and whistles. I may have to cancel and order this somewhere else.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 28th, 1:15 pm

It\’s shipping 02/02, so it may take another day or two to get it (depending on the retailer).

MaDogNik96 said:

January 28th, 12:42 pm

LBP costumes look awesome. Can’t wait for all of this and the game of course.

AKGermany said:

January 28th, 12:43 pm

How is the loot distribution handled if you take the game online? Are the items you get random or are there fixed items for each mission? Will each player get the same items?

Quixote said:

January 28th, 12:43 pm

question-

this Workshop, does it use in-game currency, or is this a micro-transaction for Real Money model?

if it is a Micro-Transaction model, can someone like me who does not care for micro-transactions aquire said items through in-game means?

Tolin19 said:

January 28th, 12:44 pm

So is it possible that my save from the JP version of White knight chronicles will work on the US version?

Bris_Blade said:

January 28th, 12:45 pm

Thanks for the responses Cristian, keep up the good work =)

EmpireNO said:

January 28th, 12:49 pm

DAMN!
I was planning on buying this day one, but now I found out it’s being released the 26th of February in EU. But Heavy Rain is releasing the 24th of February so I’ll get that instead. Now that’s what you get for delaying it for EU. Maybe I’ll buy it cheaper later after Heavy Rain, Bioshock 2, God of War 3, ModNation Racers, etc..

gdogg666 said:

January 28th, 12:50 pm

so how come there is no demo for the game

Blkant said:

January 28th, 12:50 pm

I’ve been waiting so long for this, while its so close I know it wont happen, I’m just waiting for this to pull a GT5 or DKF on me and force us all to wait yet again… Never ending those delays on GT5 and DKF……..

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

January 28th, 3:00 pm

Don\’t worry, retail copies for WKC exist. I\’m looking at one now :-)

GGCAN said:

January 28th, 12:55 pm

Thanks for the info Cristian.

Have it on pre-order and can’t wait.

evil_ said:

January 28th, 12:55 pm

the US version is multilanguage?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 28th, 1:19 pm

Yes! It supports English (dubbed), Spanish and French (subtitled).

MarinoBrea said:

January 28th, 1:00 pm

Will we be able to play along with players from other regions? (Europe -if there’s a EU version- Japan)

piratedrunk said:

January 28th, 1:00 pm

I find the idea of microtransactions deeply upsetting so hopefully this is not the case but some clarification would be appreciated either way.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 29th, 1:02 pm

See my response to #99. I hope that helps to clarify things!

npro681 said:

January 28th, 1:00 pm

Is there any chance of getting WKC sackboy costumes for LBP PSP? I would love to use them on my psp.

Appo said:

January 28th, 1:09 pm

Jeff, why can’t I view these vids on the PS3 browser? Can’t wait for this game. :D

Destiny89 said:

January 28th, 1:11 pm

OMG this is a day 1 buy and LBP costumes? DAY 1 as well!!!

zombie_56 said:

January 28th, 1:17 pm

i need a demo!

onisat said:

January 28th, 1:20 pm

Ok cool already pre ordered it. Thanks for responding

VERSUS-KSC2-303 said:

January 28th, 1:35 pm

When i visit a friend’s town in Georama will i be able to buy any items there and bring them to my offline game?

piratedrunk said:

January 28th, 1:37 pm

I’m finding the lack of response to the microtransaction questions concerning. If there really are unique parts you can only get with real money I have to say that is an awful way to treat customers who already spent money on the game.

Bris_Blade said:

January 28th, 1:39 pm

Thanks for all the responses, keep up the good work Cristian =)

Darkdoom123 said:

January 28th, 1:41 pm

Will there ne any premium Avatars for this game? I would definitely be looking forward to that.

EventStatus said:

January 28th, 1:42 pm

@ Cristian Cardona

Thank you for the speedy reply of info, it’s much appreciated.

komori_kiri said:

January 28th, 1:50 pm

Oh great! Excellent! SUPERB! Who the hell needs the JAPANESE DUBBS when we can have a Home skin?! So what if they are the ORIGINAL voices and probably 100x times better than the english ones? Damn you guys know to get your priorities right!

[/sarcasm]

ZeroSection said:

January 28th, 1:50 pm

Is there anymore planned DLC for the game? and how much is the LBP pack?

Obi_Al_Kenobi said:

January 28th, 2:06 pm

Thank you for answer me this, It will support:

a)Japanese voice with English subtitled

Or

b)English voice with English subtitiled (yes English subtitled)

Or Both or None.

Silent_Gig said:

January 28th, 2:17 pm

Any word on if WKC will have cross region online play?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

January 28th, 3:03 pm

Cross region support for US & EU players, yes.

Destiny89 said:

January 28th, 2:31 pm

Do you mind telling us about the trophies? or is it still too early to talk about it? :P i cant wait! day 1 purchase

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 28th, 4:58 pm

Too early for us to talk about it, although it\’s all in the Brady Guide ;)

Darkpen said:

January 28th, 2:39 pm

wait, just how many dynamic themes are there actually going to be for WKS? Its kind of unprecedented for there to be more than one *dynamic* theme for any game on PSN D:

Rinaldus91 said:

January 28th, 2:48 pm

Wow, best PSBlog post ever! Did not see the White Knight Chronicles LBP costumes coming, but I’ll definitely be picking them up. The only thing I could think of asking for now is premium avatars for our PSNIDs.

Anyways, keep it up guys, you’re doing a great job marketing WKC to the hardcore JRPG-fan market.
Can’t wait for these next five days to be up.

ShadowPhoenix18 said:

January 28th, 2:53 pm

@wiseken07: Haha, I love how you worded that…and I almost had a Pink Sugar Heart Attack too after first seeing them, lol.

D-Squad3 said:

January 28th, 3:01 pm

I’ still a debate whether to get this or not.

AlexSan said:

January 28th, 3:46 pm

Hi.
Do you have plans of launching an official site like the japanesse one?

HongoXIII said:

January 28th, 4:00 pm

Some epic cross promotion going on for this. I like it. I like it A LOT. I can’t wait to pick this up.

spunnups said:

January 28th, 4:23 pm

I’m all in on WKC, it looks spectacular.

mike-yazuka said:

January 28th, 4:34 pm

I’m so glad to hear about the cross-region. Now I can play with all my EU & US friends.

Destiny89 said:

January 28th, 5:09 pm

Thank you for answering my question, cant wait for next week!

Erehwon23 said:

January 28th, 5:11 pm

Well, I’ve had the game on preorder and as much as I would like to get this game, I have to assume, since you won’t answer any questions about micro transactions, that this will be the case. Be careful, I am a contractor to various departments of the Federal Govt. and the FTC will be all over you if just one person complains about the micro transactions not being announced. Due to some new Regs, you are supposed to let people know about this so that they don’t have to pay 60$ to be forced to pay more money for unattainable items. As much as I want to play, I cannot see giving 60 bucks just to have to pay more for any other items. I have nor personal issue with havig micro transactions but not informing your customers before hand is no longer legit business. Come on guys, Quit with the greed.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 29th, 12:54 pm

Sorry the post wasn\’t clear, but the Georama will have parts that you can create and parts that you can choose to purchase using micro-transactions to further enhance your space.

As Tsubasa mentioned earlier, there will be PLENTY for you to work with in the game itself without having to purchase additional items using micro-transactions.

Erehwon23 said:

January 28th, 5:15 pm

I think I will take the money I put on that and put it on heavy rain or another good game. I have always been a fan of playstation but you need to give a darn about your customers and not just your wallets.
I hate microsoft, but I’m beginning to think that I might pick up a 360 and convert my ps3 into a computer.