Farpoint

Jan 29

Jan 29

Kratos Fury Invading Local 7-Eleven Stores

Evan Brody's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, Slurpee & Big Gulp Brands

Hi all, my name is Evan Brody, the Marketing Manager for Slurpee and Big Gulp Brands. Basically I’m the guy who gets to work with cool properties like God of War III to create promotions for Slurpee drinks. For those of you who can’t get enough of Kratos before the March release (let’s face it, that’s most of us), I’ve got some exciting news to share! For the past few months we’ve been busy working with our good friends at Mountain Dew and at SCEA to formulate the perfect blend of ferocious blackberries and frosty limes to create “Kratos Fury,” the featured Slurpee flavor for the months of February and March at your local 7-Eleven stores. And to sweeten the deal, this vengeful delight will be available in one of four exclusive God of War III Slurpee cups. The limited Kratos Fury flavor and exclusive God of War III cups will hit 7-Eleven stores across the U.S. starting next week, but I’ve got your first look at the artwork below:

GoW III Slurpee Cup Images

*While supplies last

Between February 1st and March 31st, you can stop into any participating 7-Eleven store to quench your thirst with a one-of-a-kind fruit flavored Slurpee drink and pick up one (or more!) of four God of War III cups to collect Slurpee Nation rewards codes that can be redeemed at Slurpee.com for exclusive God of War III and Slurpee-themed downloadable content. We also pulled some strings to give you a sneak peek at some of the goods:

GoW III Morpheus Armor Kratos

GoW III Dynamic Theme

God of War III Promo Shirt Kratos Male God of War III Promo Shirt Kratos Female

God of War III Creating the Chimera

While you’re at 7-Eleven, you can also pick up a 2 Liter or 20oz bottle of Mountain Dew to score an additional voucher code that can be redeemed for a Mountain Dew hoodie or God of War III virtual t-shirt for PlayStation Home.

We’ve got more updates coming, so here’s a tip – start building up your brain-freeze tolerance now and check back next week for more details from the PlayStation team.

Add Your Own

jiggyteddy said:

January 29th, 9:19 am

@ 50
No. All you need to do is pay for the item.

Was that a serious question?

MadmanCA said:

January 29th, 9:21 am

Why are these exclusive to 7-11? Answer the question Jeff, instead of moderating comments that are calling you and your company out on this ridiculous promotion.

AntDaGamer said:

January 29th, 9:25 am

Ummm CHIMERA!! Is there gonna be a Resistance special guest appearance?!?!

RuthlessEd said:

January 29th, 9:25 am

7-11 must have a far smaller presence in the United States than in Canada.

In any Canadian city, you pretty much can’t turn around without seeing a 7-11.

Probably only Star Bucks and McDonalds have more locations.

mywhitenoise said:

January 29th, 9:26 am

Will each cup have it’s own unique DLC code? Like if I buy all 4 cups, will I have all the DLC?

February 1st is the day I make my way to 7-11 for these cups, the slurpee, and the poster :)

Delta_Canuckian said:

January 29th, 9:30 am

Canada’s getting left out? Come on, we have 7-Eleven’s too. :(

Berae said:

January 29th, 9:34 am

@54 RuthlessEdand @56 Delta_Canuckian

I didnt know Canada had 7-11 i guess there is in the west.

Thegame2905 said:

January 29th, 9:37 am

What’s with this ugly box art? Sony, please please please change it!!!!!! This resembles nothing of the other two great games. What were you thinking? This is truly by far the ugliest box art in gaming history and I really mean it. I mean come on, kratos looks like he is wearing mascara. Guarantee you that this box art will drive away a Lot of new gamers because several people these days tend to automatically judge a game by it’s cover. I don’t mean to criticize so much but sony, please take my advice and all the other god of war 3 fans as well, CHANGE THE BOX ART!!! (or atleast change the box art for the ultimate edition)

proskatercam said:

January 29th, 9:43 am

MOUNTAIN DEW HOODIE!!!!!!!!!

O_O

NEED!!!!!!!!

gekko1986 said:

January 29th, 9:44 am

Pretty sad, the middle cup would make a better box art than the current one. This is an impressive streak for awful box art though.

MadMeat001 said:

January 29th, 9:45 am

slurpee god of war? I’m going for it!!!!
and the krato theme looks scary but funny and awesome at the same time, tough i only use the original theme.
GOD OF WAR III THE BEST AWESOMEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KazeEternal said:

January 29th, 9:50 am

To bad an actual version of that t-shirt isn’t included in the ultimate edition.

JamesSoprano said:

January 29th, 9:53 am

@51

you know what is a serious Question ? where is my money you owe me for the Valkyria Chronicles i never received from you !

And To Stay On Topic: i would love too see Mountain Dews here with Voucher Codes as i have no 7-11’s in my Province.

djspinal said:

January 29th, 10:02 am

Grrr. No Slevens by me :-( I’ll have to swindle my fam damily in MI to grab me some schwag

acerazer1 said:

January 29th, 10:03 am

That XMB theme looks freakin awesome

marter1 said:

January 29th, 10:06 am

Will this be in Canada too?

Jina666 said:

January 29th, 10:10 am

I the best initiative i see, merchandising of a game that I love, besides enjoying a good drink, and also get more gifts for home … the problem? I am Spanish and I can never get them, why not try to do something similar for Europe, we also play and love this game.

P.D: Sorry about my English…

IcedDice777 said:

January 29th, 10:18 am

Awesome! nevertheless my serious question is……..are the cool cups made out of plastic or paper? Thank you Dude.

Enigma777 said:

January 29th, 10:21 am

LAME! There’s no 7 Eleven within a 400-mile radius of me… I hate promotions like this that exclude a large chunk of people…

Shearie said:

January 29th, 10:28 am

Isn’t marketing great?!

Looks like I’m going to get my first Slurpee in many, many years.

MOE-GUNZ-JACKSON said:

January 29th, 10:31 am

I’m going to get one :P

mcbuttz78 said:

January 29th, 10:32 am

Good work pulling those strings.. I hope you didnt have to there laundry d cut there grass for the next 25 yrs … But i will buy all this just to make things right.. Yes we will buy becuase we care 4 u. Have fun EVan,, and no starch on my dockers slacks, and put some roses in the yard..Im of to enjoy this slupree and 2 liter moutain due :)

mcbuttz78

spunnups said:

January 29th, 10:37 am

Uhh yeah i’m buying everything on this page, that or winning it all….damnit just give it to me now!!! I love Kratos, this is an awesome promotion!

poweredbyzen said:

January 29th, 10:39 am

I’D LIKE TO SEE A GOD OF WAR PERSONAL SPACE WITH MY OWN CHARIOT AND SHOOT A HARPIE MINI GAME! THOSE BEEYOTCHES ARE UGLY! HAHAHA! OH, AND A GOD OF WAR COSTUME PLEASE!?

jiggyteddy said:

January 29th, 10:40 am

@ 63

I hope you’re jerkin my chain because I sent out the game more than once. Came back to me every time.

I sent you a payment after the last time and you didn’t receive that either?

This is ridiculous. Am I supposed to send you another payment? I cannot even get reimbursed for that first one. Nor was there reimbursement from shipping from the post office.

You spent $32.50. I spent $50+ just to send it back to you. And you still don’t have it?!?!?!

MakulaTolkien said:

January 29th, 10:44 am

This is great. Good Job with all the 7-11 marketing.
Hey could it be too much to ask some marketing in a fast food restaurant? I want to see Kratos in my nephews kids meal

NeoUltima said:

January 29th, 10:51 am

This promotion pleases me. Great job!

KILLZONE79 said:

January 29th, 10:51 am

That sucks we dont have a 7-11 here where i live.

Zinacef said:

January 29th, 10:53 am

I’m sure nobody in the Northeast would be drinking a Slurpee between now and March as it’s brutally cold here! Couldn’t there have been a promotion with Dunkin’ Donuts? This is the season where we’re drinking lots of coffee to keep warm!

GAT305 said:

January 29th, 10:53 am

please tell me that we will be able to purchase the dynamic theme from the ps store also… now that i see i need it for my collection :)

joostin said:

January 29th, 11:07 am

Will Canadian 7-11’s have this deal?

zKAPOWz said:

January 29th, 11:16 am

this is great, i’m glad to see you guys are actually marketing one of your games, and you’re doing a good job of it this time. i hope to see a lot of commercials for GoW3 in the weeks before the game launches.

narwhalSTAB said:

January 29th, 11:17 am

Man, I haven’t had a slurpee in years, but I must try the God of War inspired flavor and get all the freebies, so I’ll be buying a few of these next month.

Dark__Gamer said:

January 29th, 11:22 am

Darn I wish these were available in canada :(

JamesSoprano said:

January 29th, 11:28 am

@75

no i’m not yankin your chain at all and i wish i was. my PS3 Died 2 night ago. so how about this. how about we talk about it over the phone ? i’l send you a Private Message regards the following.

Atomika14 said:

January 29th, 11:33 am

Are those Slurpee cups paper or plastic?

Thrasher20 said:

January 29th, 11:37 am

Hahaha nice.

Good way to advertise

macbelonwu10 said:

January 29th, 11:38 am

They need to start marking their games earlier before release as not everyone checks gaming blogs nor sites.

SuperSonic1305 said:

January 29th, 11:58 am

Canada gets majorly screwed again.

KAPADO said:

January 29th, 12:06 pm

Aww Sony Kratos finally is getting his just treatment ,hes finally coming for master chiefs head, for Kratos is the True OG Spartan,today slurpees tomorrow the world and mountain dew cans

lonewolf1994 said:

January 29th, 12:07 pm

please… for the love of god.. PUT THE THEME ON THE PS STORE FOR EU!

we dont have slurpee or what ever the hell its name is here D:

Rhino136 said:

January 29th, 12:15 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooo

I don’t think there is a 711 in San Antonio!!!

I don’t have the means or time to go to Austin.

T3mpr1x said:

January 29th, 12:38 pm

Very nice, there’s a 7-11 just down the street from where I live. It’s where I bought my first legal six pack when I turned 21 on the 14th haha.

bob52 said:

January 29th, 12:49 pm

This is irrelevant but gta 4 episodes from liberty city are coming to ps3

GTerholli said:

January 29th, 12:58 pm

PLEASE CHANGE THE BOXART OF THE GAME!

sithlordcody said:

January 29th, 1:01 pm

do we get all this for buying the slurpeies please reply

Karsghul said:

January 29th, 1:07 pm

I hope there are better ways to get the theme because the nearest 7-eleven is over 900 miles away from where i live. (PR)

TheGuardianFID said:

January 29th, 1:31 pm

7-11 here I come lol!!! 8 )

MadmanCA said:

January 29th, 2:02 pm

@RUthlessEd

You must live in a weird, out of the way neck of the woods where the only source of anything is 7 – 11. Most major Canadian cities do not have 7 – 11, at least not more than 1 or 2, and in very inconvenient locations. I’ve lived in 7 of our capital cities, and I can only think of about 3 or 4.

eddieMX07 said:

January 29th, 2:07 pm

Really email2003 their are no 7Elevens in HTown. Well that is just wrong… I was really really looking forward to get one of those nice cups. And I wonder what “Creating the Chimera” is all about. Is it like be behinds the scenes video?