PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Feb 17

Feb 17

Blue Toad Murder Files Coming to PSN Thursday, March 25

Jade Tidy's Avatar Posted by Producer, Relentless Software

Hello fellow sleuths. We’ve received quite a few enquires and comments about when we’ll be releasing Blue Toad Murder Files in North America, so I’m pleased to let you know that Episodes 1 to 3 will be available on the PlayStation Store on Thursday, March 25. Episodes 1, 2 and 3 will be available as a bundle for $14.99 or you can buy individual episodes for $7.49.

Blue Toad Murder Files - Suspects

For anyone who doesn’t know much about Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mysteries of Little Riddle, the game is a six-episode murder mystery exclusively for PSN. Set in the quaint English village of Little Riddle, you play as one of four members of the Blue Toad Detective Agency. Can you follow the clues and find the murderer? With each step of the investigation a puzzle is played and further clues about the case are revealed. Pay attention to what transpires – you will regularly be questioned on your knowledge of the case, and only observant detectives will learn the truth behind the events of the day.

Blue Toad Murder Files - BothersomeWatson Blue Toad Murder Files - Night

We’re a British studio, best known for developing Buzz!, and Blue Toad Murder Files is our first self-published game. We’re really excited to hear what everyone thinks about it. I’ll be here for the next couple of hours (time difference permitting), so please let me know if you have any comments on thoughts. Thanks!

Blue Toad Murder Files - TablesandGentlemen

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

TwinDad said:

February 17th, 9:05 am

So wait. $30 for the complete game?

Sindred said:

February 17th, 9:06 am

I was keeping an eye on this in the UK store and it looks pretty quirky and fun. Glad it’s making its way over.

TwinDad said:

February 17th, 9:06 am

Forgot to ask if a Demo is planned.

February 17th, 9:10 am

We haven\’t planned to release a demo as the nature of our game doesn\’t really suit one. Aside from the puzzles the core experience of the game is the WHODUNNIT. You really need to play a whole episode to experience this and perfect your sleuthing skills!

Sindred said:

February 17th, 9:06 am

@ TwinDad

“Episodes 1, 2 and 3 will be available as a bundle for $14.99”

morningdrive said:

February 17th, 9:07 am

looks interesting! any video for it? videos help more than screenshots sometimes

TwinDad said:

February 17th, 9:08 am

@ Sindred.

“For anyone who doesn’t know much about Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mysteries of Little Riddle, the game is a six-episode murder mystery exclusively for PSN.”

Six episodes. So if the 1-3 Bundle is $15, then I was asking if I can assume the last 3 episodes are going to be priced similar. In addition, will there be a 1-6 bundle.

February 17th, 9:27 am

I think you\’re going to make a great detective already! As you so cleverly noticed we sneakily avoided confirming that…I think it\’s reasonable to assume that 4-6 would be priced the same as 1-3. Gold medal!

ModernYorkster said:

February 17th, 9:08 am

Jade,

Will there be a demo? Also will each episode have its own trophy list? or how is that going to work?

Thanks
ModernYorkster

February 17th, 9:16 am

Wow, you guys are quick with your questions – it\’s great! I need to keep up…

We won\’t have a demo, but you can watch our video on our website, which gives you a nice taster of what to expect from our game.

Each episode has a trophy list – I think the internet monkeys have already listed them on a few websites from our UK release.

MS3Boy said:

February 17th, 9:11 am

“Can you follow the clues and find the murderer? With each step of the investigation a puzzle is played and further clues about the case are revealed.”

Yes, I can. Just ask Professor Layton!

DZORMAGEN said:

February 17th, 9:11 am

How much will this cost for the complete game, and will there be trophies?

aukevin said:

February 17th, 9:14 am

I’ve been interested in this game since I first heard about it months back, but I want the whole thing at once, not just half the chapters. So I’ll probably wait unless there is some incentive.

Sindred said:

February 17th, 9:14 am

@TwinDad

Sorry dude, I just thought that kinda answered the question, unless of course they priced the second set cheaper (I was going by the Siren Model). I wasn’t really being sarcastic.

TwinDad said:

February 17th, 9:17 am

@ Sindred

Neither was I. I appreciated the help, as you pointed out I was wondering what they would do and if it would be similar to Siren as you pointed out. I want the game but if each episode is a complete case, then I can see getting the 3 episodes now, but if they feed off each other I can see myself waiting until a complete bundle.

February 17th, 9:19 am

Each episode has its own self-contained case (a new whodunnit, with new suspects) but there is a story-arc connecting all 6 episodes.

Are you sure you can wait? :p

Bioman20 said:

February 17th, 9:21 am

This looks awesome! Can’t wait!

morningdrive said:

February 17th, 9:22 am

whats the average length per episode?

February 17th, 9:24 am

It varies between episodes, how many people are playing (up to 4 players locally) and how quick you are at solving puzzles & whodunnits. On average, between 1-2hrs.

TheDracc said:

February 17th, 9:22 am

Jade,

What is the replay value? Does the case solve the exact same way each time or are there variations depending on the choices you make?

This sounds like a great game, either way.

February 17th, 9:32 am

Oops sorry TheDracc I added a reply to your question as a comment (#17) below.

aukevin said:

February 17th, 9:27 am

Oh ok, after hearing that each episode has its own case, that makes me want to buy the first bundle more instead of waiting. I was under the impression that you would get halfway through solving the case and then have to wait and I was afraid the time between the bundles might hinder my detective skills LOL.

February 17th, 9:31 am

The case stays the same each time you replay an episode – we wanted to tell a rich, engaging story with characters that develop over the series, which couldn’t be achieved with branching the story or multiple whodunnits per episode.

However, I’ve played Episode 1 multiple times with different groups of people. I really like watching their interactions with the game and each other (plus I get to beat them).

Berae said:

February 17th, 9:36 am

Ive been interested but i thought it would come out before end of march, i will get it anyway. It looks fun and i always encourage exclusive stuff.

February 17th, 9:40 am

Thanks for your support :D

AndyMP said:

February 17th, 9:46 am

I like… it looks like a great game.

dragonmagician said:

February 17th, 9:47 am

At least we finally have a date, although it is more than a month away. I’ve waited since last year for this.

I’m interested to know how well the co-op works in this game.

Nadafinga said:

February 17th, 9:51 am

Offline co-op will please the wife-y. Can you give us any more details on how the multiplayer works?

February 17th, 10:01 am

You can play the game competively or co-op – we leave the choice to you. You watch scenes together, so you will each have an equal chance of solving the whodunnit, although selecting the suspect is \’hidden\’ so you don\’t have to givep up the answer unless you want to!

You take it in turns to solve puzzles and answer questions on the case. In of our focus groups, the couples tended to help each other out if one got stuck.

acerazer1 said:

February 17th, 9:52 am

Is this similar to Professor Layton, I love that game

rhcooper said:

February 17th, 9:54 am

This is exciting news.

I have been repeatdly considering purchasing the game using a “fake” UK account, but when I saw that things like Vidzone and BBC iPlayer could still recognize that I was actually in the states despite claiming to be in England I didn’t want to risk it.

March 25th seems like a long time away especially since the free episode hits soon.

I’d personally like to know what the long wait for US PSN store was.

February 17th, 10:07 am

Really happy you\’re excited by our annoucement today. We\’ve been so eager to get our game up on the US store.

The delay comes down to very unglamourous things such as time and the size of our team working on the game. We have to make and test a different version of the game for the US, so it takes us a little longer to get it ready.

We\’re actually still putting the finishing touches to Episodes 5 & 6 at the moment…

BlooodyCow said:

February 17th, 9:55 am

How many trophies are there for this game?
Shouldn’t there be a set of trophies per episode because you can buy them separately?

February 17th, 10:12 am

There are a set of trophies per episode – I don\’t want to spoil what they are though…

Seiven said:

February 17th, 10:01 am

FINALLY…been following the twitter feed and official website, along with the EU launch. Can’t wait to play the entire series.

NJBill said:

February 17th, 10:03 am

I’m there! I’ll be downloading all three episodes tomorrow!

JetSetFuture said:

February 17th, 10:05 am

I love the look of the game; the graphics are quaint. Will this run in 1080p?

February 17th, 10:13 am

It runs at 720 – as you can from the screenshots though, the art is very high quality!

redknight4 said:

February 17th, 10:06 am

This game has been out in Europe since December/January and has an English(UK) version. Also if you want to know what the game play is like check out some videos on youtube.com

The UK release trailer for this game was very funny. if you could add that to the post.

Vallanthaz said:

February 17th, 10:08 am

This looks very good.

Thank you for bringing quality content to the PSN. :)

redknight4 said:

February 17th, 10:13 am

@NJBill post#26

your going to be disappointed tomorrow because it’s not going to be the March 25th just February 18th.

TheZed88 said:

February 17th, 10:14 am

Looks interesting and my wife loves puzzle games. But with so many great AAA games coming out soon (GoW3, FFXIII, Heavy Rain) I think this one will have to wait until the full game bundle or if/when some kind of sale is offered.

RuthlessEd said:

February 17th, 10:39 am

Jade: judging from your frantic responses to our questions, I’m guessing you’re a little nervous.

Perhaps overly nervous.

You’ve just gone to the top of my list of suspects.

February 17th, 10:44 am

or I could be double-bluffing…red herring? You decide!

RuthlessEd said:

February 17th, 10:40 am

…wait a second…

Is Jade even your real name?

Squigmond said:

February 17th, 10:46 am

Yes! I was hoping this game would make it to the US. Can’t wait to play! Thank you!

dragonmagician said:

February 17th, 10:51 am

Does this game support saving in between episodes? or do we have to finish an episode in one go?

February 17th, 10:55 am

Yes dragonmagician there is an autosave feature, so you can play part of an episode and come back to it later and pick up your story where you left off.

Moosehole said:

February 17th, 11:00 am

LOL $30? no.

HetZ_15 said:

February 17th, 11:06 am

Finally, thanks for bringing this game to US guys :). Been waiting for ages. I was planning to get it from EU store this week since I couldn’t wait any longer.

N_8_ said:

February 17th, 11:10 am

First day buy for me. (Bundle)
Thank you for the info and the informational replies Jade.

N_8_

February 17th, 11:15 am

Thank you for your support! :)

February 17th, 11:31 am

Thanks for all your questions and comments! I’m signing off now, but if you have anything else you want to ask me or any of our team, put a post up on our forum (http://www.bluetoadmurderfiles.co.uk/forums/) as we run it ourselves, so you can be sure to get a response from someone who works on Blue Toad.

Jade Tidy aka LittleMissTidy

FritoZ said:

February 17th, 12:01 pm

hi! I really like the idea of this game!!

It’s about time we have something else to do than kill aliens and north korean soldiers, or running over prostitutes with stolen cars..

a breath of semi-fresh air! (cuz it still has a dead body in it)

and thanks for answering our questions so fast! it is always appreciated when the devs,marketing teams directly reply to our questions!

G-Force08 said:

February 17th, 12:42 pm

Professor Layton anyone?

Well, hey! I like these type of games. Might as well give it a try! :D

Lanmanna said:

February 17th, 12:50 pm

LOL at people who act like this is a totally new idea. Professor Layton for the DS anyone? xD

rhcooper said:

February 17th, 1:07 pm

Layton is for the DS!…not even a Wii version exists… hopefully now that Ace Attorney exists we’ll get that. Yet Layton is still only a portable game and there’s no quality puzzle game with actual well done plot and story on a home game console that isn’t a PC.

Also, this has CGI Pixar like graphics, which is a big seller for me. Without that it’s just a collection of cute puzzles.

FritoZ said:

February 17th, 1:18 pm

LOL at people who act like everyone should know about every game ever released on a competitor’s handheld device. xD

Maverick10 said:

February 17th, 1:29 pm

I’m actually excited for this. Not normally my cup of tea but I plan on buying this for sure. Looks refreshing…speaking of cup of tea.

SpyDudeFX said:

February 17th, 1:59 pm

Nicely priced, and looks fun. I remember seeing this in the UK store and looking forward to a US release. I think some people are always looking for 100 hour games, and personally I love the fact that this is 1-2 hours per episode. Sometimes a more enjoyable, compelling but smaller experience is all that is needed. Day one purchase for me!

Sophronia said:

February 17th, 2:18 pm

Well to be honest I never heard of this lol.
I really like mystery books so i’ll have to check this out.

p.s. This a Game or show? lol
kinda sounds like a mix, i’ll look into it.

SDkngsht said:

February 17th, 2:29 pm

first…let me say i’ve been a Buzz fan since PS2 (w/chords running all over my living room w/8 buzzers…THANK GOD for wireless buzzers!) any family gettogether or even just super bowl party, fight party, holiday bbq etc it gets competitive in the house w/whoever’s there.

so it’s almost like a virtual interactive Clue? (not a slight at all…i love clue…just trying to get a feel for the game) either way sounds fun. can’t wait. keep up the good work & good creative gaming!

SDkngsht said:

February 17th, 2:30 pm

OH! almost forgot…can we get more DLC for Buzz in the form of playable characters? i have a lot of family & friends who miss characters from the first Buzz on PS3 that are no longer there & others who would just like more options when choosing a character. thanks!

letherclad said:

February 17th, 3:01 pm

I think I’m going to pick this one up, I like supporting PSN exclusives and this one looks great

PAGE 1 2