Final Fantasy XV

Mar 11

Mar 11

The Tester Episode 4 Available Today

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Hey The Tester fans. It’s Thursday, which means the wait is over for the next episode of The Tester.

Game developers know that the ability to thrive in almost any situation and use creativity to problem-solve are key qualities necessary to work in quality assurance. Testers must be able to adapt and create scenarios to fully analyze a game.

So, what better way to take people out of their comfort zone and assess their creativity than with a surprise live-action role play? That’s right, things definitely get dramatic this week as the remaining 7 gamers use random props, their wits and sheer guts to entertain and impress the panel.

And to help evaluate the performances, PlayStation Home’s Katherine de Leon joins Brent Gocke and Hal Sparks on this week’s panel. Katherine oversees the creation of environments and virtual merchandise for the platform. An RPG veteran and former US Marine, she brings strong opinions and her d20 to this challenge.

Don’t miss Episode 4.

Thanks again for downloading and watching. Enjoy the show!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

feralthing said:

March 11th, 12:32 pm

*waves*

feralthing said:

March 11th, 12:33 pm

ha ha

MiltonMafia said:

March 11th, 12:35 pm

I’ve been d/l them but haven’t watched yet. Is it any good?

feralthing said:

March 11th, 12:37 pm

no, not very.

Microshock said:

March 11th, 12:39 pm

Milton, it’s a reality show. If you like reality shows, you’ll like this.

I am sort of liking it. I LOVE that i can skip thru the people I hate, like when they cry or whatever.

And it’s free.

jrinck said:

March 11th, 12:39 pm

I was expecting more video game playing.

feralthing said:

March 11th, 12:44 pm

if this is how sony screens potential new hires, and these guys re the cream of the crop, we’re all in big trouble as playstation users.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

March 11th, 12:53 pm

Aw, c’mon. This show is all in good fun.

kanbak said:

March 11th, 12:45 pm

jrinck I agree with you I also was expecting more video game playing but I still like the show anyways.

Destiny89 said:

March 11th, 12:48 pm

I thought this show will provide more actual video game.. playing :P.. still fun to watch and i have downloaded all of them so far, looking forward to this one

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

March 11th, 1:26 pm

Just wanted to say a word about the limited video game playing in the show. We specifically did NOT want to show much game play since that’s what most of the audience does anyway. The main premise is to take the critical skills needed to work in the industry (eye for detail, communication, teamwork, creativity and flexibility, etc.) and showcase them in a fun way suitable for television.

And each week, as you see, the challenges get more difficult.

feralthing said:

March 11th, 12:59 pm

yeah i know… i was joking. anyway, that little red haired host is nice to look at if nothing else. her name escapes me.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

March 11th, 1:17 pm

The host of ‘The Tester’ is Meredith Molinari

Carl-G said:

March 11th, 1:03 pm

I didn’t think i would like it but it is fun to watch ;)

erico316ecw said:

March 11th, 1:04 pm

the show is ok . but u guys arent testing there skill in a game. u need 2 have 2 games codes one with bugs and one with none .anyone agree

TriCykle said:

March 11th, 1:04 pm

feralthing, say what you want, but at least some of these contestants are showing that they will do whatever it takes to get the job done. Definitely not the beer-ios guy, but there are others. The guy with the goatee is a solid guy, takes responsibility when he didn’t need to.

Decent show, but I fail to see the point of their “alliances”, at least until episode three, where they actually had input on who had to leave, haha.

Great show idea though Sony, I hope there’s more of this kind of thing in the future!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

March 11th, 1:18 pm

Thanks for supporting the show. There will be more in the future if The Tester is successful. So, spread the word.

Phake said:

March 11th, 1:08 pm

I am so looking forward to this Barmy Episode!!! He would have been so entertaining!

nfalk said:

March 11th, 1:10 pm

This show is stupid, who cares about the dumb challenges they put them through.

Here’s a good idea: Why not have them play some PS Games? Aren’t they trying to become a PS tester?

I don’t see how sling-shotting footballs tells you anything other than this is boring/ridiculous/waste of time.

Sad to say I was excited about this show, after 3 shows, not so much.

depward said:

March 11th, 1:11 pm

Kevin is totally right right – this is all for fun. And, for what it is, I’m really enjoying it.

feralthing said:

March 11th, 1:12 pm

the blond judge guy remind anyone else of the bad guy from karate kid?

vegan_mekey said:

March 11th, 1:22 pm

I actually look forward to watching it every Thursday night.

letherclad said:

March 11th, 1:26 pm

I’ve been enjoying The Tester, great work guys!

NewYork214 said:

March 11th, 1:35 pm

i actually like this show. not sure who i want to win. its a easy way to kill 20 minutes.

starBlinky01 said:

March 11th, 1:36 pm

I actually reaaally like this show. Thanks for making it!

GamerFromJump said:

March 11th, 1:36 pm

I’ve been waiting all day for Mega Man 10 to drop, what’s the hold up?

RuthlessEd said:

March 11th, 1:42 pm

Watching the “preview” episode took nearly a decade off my life (and severely impacted my ability to operate my farm equipment).

I just can’t risk watching another episode, lest my brain shrivels up and dies.

TrueFFVIIFan said:

March 11th, 1:47 pm

Hey man? When are you going to implement Optional Subtitle for this show? PLEASE DO THAT FOR ALL OF US! I really want to understand what is going on and everything so badly!!! Don’t leave me hanging out dry. Thanx.

Kchow23 said:

March 11th, 1:54 pm

I think the show is alright, but feels short and a lot of the challenges seem very minor… would’ve been nice to have a mini challenges where the winning team or individual wins a chance to talk to a developer or a prize before the REAL challenge where you might get eliminated

Kchow23 said:

March 11th, 1:58 pm

but then again a lot of the shows on TV that are similar to the Tester are 1 hour long

Trieloth said:

March 11th, 1:59 pm

Hey thanks for the free shows! I enjoy and look forward to them. I always get a good laugh.

Kirkpad said:

March 11th, 2:06 pm

This is actually a really fun show to watch. My family loves watching it every week. Cool stuff Sony!

FJ1100_rider said:

March 11th, 2:07 pm

as a game show it’s ok , it does test the peoples abilities to work as a team an their attention to detail
important skills for a job like this
I want more meredith molinari though , she’s a very sexy woman

garion321 said:

March 11th, 2:16 pm

Okay, so it says that the wait is over, but it doesn’t seem to be over yet…. I can’t seem to find it anywhere in the PSN store. You guys need to jump on the ball.

With that said, though, I like the show besides the fact that there isn’t any video-game playing. You should’ve taken tips from Sci-fi’s WCG Ultimate Gamer and had a hybrid of Video Game playing and Physical challenges. After all, how do you know these guys can actually play video games? Any old person could play these games and have never picked up a controller in their life.

scorpio182 said:

March 11th, 2:23 pm

I enjoy watching the show and am excited for EP4.

Good work putting something like this together a break from the videogames but part of it.

F8L-WOLF said:

March 11th, 2:40 pm

finally i can comment the playstation blog on the ps3 browser =)

feralthing said:

March 11th, 2:51 pm

THERE IS NO FEAR IN THIS DOJO!!!

AceBeeDee said:

March 11th, 3:18 pm

cant wait! the show is great! and now i can download in HD!! cuz i finally upgraded from a standard set…yay!!

Sponge-worthy said:

March 11th, 3:18 pm

@7 feralthing:

I think that quality of game testing exists already, especially given the recent Y2010K event and the corrupt save games generated by 1st party exclusive Heavy Rain.

The contestants look more like “test subjects” to me–you know, the folks who make a couple hundred bucks to be human guinea pigs for some new drug trial? I think some big pharma co. is going through the same production company and casting a show called “The Tested.” Somewhere the wires got crossed, and the actual video game players are sequestered off somewhere, being injected with god-knows-what.

Thrasher20 said:

March 11th, 3:43 pm

I like this series haha. And it’s coming from someone who does not watch TV at all :)

jonnyquesty2k said:

March 11th, 3:44 pm

How about providing it along with Pulse on the CDN PSN Store NOW (so I can watch it)! I know very well it’s just a click of a button to move it there, but kind of unfair to have it on one place only for an extended period of time before it spreads to, well, other stores and unfortunately, in the pirate world too: “The Tester S01E01.mp4 346 Mb.”

RaidenXS said:

March 11th, 3:46 pm

will there be a casting call for season 2 soon? or are there no plans just yet.

crowsticky1234 said:

March 11th, 4:07 pm

Every single thursday, I always go straight to my PSP and download it and watch it. This is a great show and keep it that way.

texnagita said:

March 11th, 4:57 pm

any looser can work QA. it’s hard to see how this is a prize lmao

feralthing said:

March 11th, 5:10 pm

@35 sponge-worthy

this sounds like an extremely plausible scenario.

Mr_AzNDrEaMeR510 said:

March 11th, 5:21 pm

i love this show. the only thing i dont like about it is its too short. where are all the stuff they do in between shows? give us more info on the characters so we can relate to them better. i dont think theres enough one on one with the characters. it would also be nice to have one on one with the panelists. give us their input on how they feel about each contestant. i love this show but it could be better.

BigPoppaB said:

March 11th, 5:24 pm

this show is surprisingly good.

that being said… the only two contestants who actually seem qualified for the job are the black dude (nausious?) and the white dude in that useless alliance.

Im curious if that luge girl and ‘amped’ actually play video games.

willynews said:

March 11th, 5:46 pm

I felt sorry for Fame Girl last week. I knew she was going home Episode 3 because she in the danger zone 3 times. the show is awesome

jjgsonic14 said:

March 11th, 5:47 pm

its not available for me yet. is it cause im on the west side of the US?

SHINSPIKES said:

March 11th, 5:58 pm

I like the show, but I wish it was an hour long. Could have more competitions, more of whats goin on in the house. How come no drama?

triple_lei said:

March 11th, 6:05 pm

I love the show and I also felt sorry for Fame Girl. I thought she did well in the 1st episode and she really has been trying hard. And I got angry when that other guy was asked who should go home and he said “well I really really trust Big D, he doesn’t give up, blah blah blah…” NO! Big D dropped the ball… literally!

bmg91 said:

March 11th, 6:16 pm

updating the store is taking longer, i’ve noticed. I want to watch episode 4 already.

LordRaoh said:

March 11th, 6:23 pm

it’s 9:21 the show is not up yet..

was looking forward to it

as for the video gamegplay footage, i did expect some in game challenges, kill/death ratio, earned trophies during one playthrough, etc.. we dont have to see the whole playthrough but highlights would be interesting..

they say they are video gamers we would like to see how much so

Alienzero2k1 said:

March 11th, 6:26 pm

where is the update pasts its time

PAGE 1 2